main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Edited challenge: A meeting with CorSec (Kyp Durron and more)entry 3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 11, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A meeting with CorSec: challenge entry one
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Beyond
    Characters: Kyp Durron, OC’s
    Genre: adventure
    Summary: short challenge pieces featuring Kyp Durron
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L. and the mouse.

Round 1

A cool breeze
    A blue bottle
    An injured male
    250 words

“I should never have listened to your father,” Kyp Durron muttered to no one in particular. He was – back supported against the fuselage of a CorSec shuttle – sitting with his left leg perched up on a toolbox. A boot was lying in the grass. A cool breeze was making the treatment he was enduring more or less manageable.

CorSec officer Jono Bel Hana was busy treating the large gash on the shin.

“You wanted to help him after you were the cause to pitch him against Kyle Kartarn and got him unable to go with us,” Valin Horn gave a knowing nod to his sister Jysella.

She knew, saw him taking the other end and took a hold on the crate with blue bottles with Corellian ale.

“Don’t give him Corellian ale,” Jono Bel Hana cautioned when he saw Ben Skywalker reaching for the crate and lifting with the Force one bottle. “I have given him a good dose of painkiller.”

“It’s not for him,” Ben grinned.

“But for me,” Seha Dorvald snatched the bottle away before Ben could open it. She ran with Valin and Jysella – who were carrying the crate – away with a teasing smile on her face.

“Seha,” Ben spurted after the three young Jedi.

“And they are the protectors of the galaxy,” Jono shook his head after taping the last bandage in place.

“And holocron hunters,” Kyp grinned. “We will wait here until they return. And Jono, I appreciate your help and Corran sure would have.”

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Super =D= Like Kyp of course and also Ben with Seha. :D Revanfan's pairing is catching. LOL

Revanfan1 and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice response to the challenge! =D=

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Poor Kyp - and he didn't even get the ale!

Nice response.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a second part of the story (will be larger)

round 2

A storm
    An accident
    A bowl
    bright light

The building where Arina and Jeb had been imprisoned by the Sith woman was now a pile of rubble.

Kyp Durron was directing Ben, Seha, Jysella and Valin and using his Force powers to lift pieces of the wrecked building. He had the holocron of Nejaa Halcyon but at what cost. The search had led him to Firwood and the help of a CorSec officer. Jono Bel Hana had told him about the old place near Firwood Lake, had offered a stay at his house in Firwood and had led the hikes in the wilderness. One of those hikes had Kyp meeting with a piece of falling rock and hurting his shin. It was a slight accident leading to some fun with a crate with Corellian ale for the young Jedi when Jono cautioned Ben to give no ale to Kyp. But that injury was nothing compared to what Jono had to endure now. Coming back to Jono’s house they had found a message from the Sith. ‘Bring the holocron to the Firwood training facility. We will release the beloved ones.’

Ben had found the Sith first and had used a trick to led them come to him and his friends. A fight had ensued leading to three Sith dead and one escaping but not after activating a bomb in the building where Arina and Jeb were imprisoned.
    The storm – beginning during the fight – had the five Jedi and Jono searching for shelter.
    Kyp had been the first to start the rescue.

- - -

Jono Bel Hana was in tears. He heard the faint cries of his son but those of his wife had ceased.

“Steady… yes Seha … I have found him.”

Jono saw Ben going down in the rubble and rushed towards him. “Jeb!”

“Daddy,” Jeb cried when he was in the safe arms of his father.

- - -

They had found Arina later.
    Jono had been the one to set fire to the pyre. He knew where his wife was. He had seen the bright light of the eternity. He knew the way of the Dunai elder. He would come to her but first he had to care for his son. The Jedi would help him. He had now a transport to go back to his home planet where he could raise his son in safety.
    He was now on a powerboat with his son and the Jedi for the second part of the ceremony for Arina.

Kyp was steering the powerboat.

Jono was holding a bowl with the ashes and waiting for the right moment.

The setting sun was casting the water of the lake in an orange glow.

There… a bright light.

Jono cast the bowl in the waves.

AzureAngel2 and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    A blend of touching with action =D= =D=

7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Very very moving.

8. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh that was sad. But I loved the ceremony at the end.

Great response.

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice!

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm enjoying these. =D=

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And the third round with the following requirements

750 words
    A fish
    A messy room
    A looming deadline
    A Brush

“It was the least we could do for him after he helped us to get the holocron.” Kyp Durron saw the transport with Jono and Jeb Bel Hana departing Coronet city space port and disappearing in the Corellian sky.

“We can go home too,” Ben grinned. He was sitting next to Kyp but planned to go to Seha as soon as the YT-1300 freighter entered hyperspace.

“We do,” Kyp grabbed the controls and guided the Azure Angel into the sky.

- - -

“I should have stayed in the cockpit,” Ben ducked to avoid the brush thrown by Seha. Finding her not in the main cabin for a game of dejaric he had sauntered towards the fresher with a slight worried frown on his face.

“You sneaked the fish aboard and put it in the bath-tub,” Seha countered with a mischievous smile on her face and half brushed hair swinging wildly.

“I uh I thought we should bring a second present for master Horn.” Ben scooped up a sponge, wetted it in the bath-tub and threw it to Seha.

“Not a living firoka-fish,” Seha had another wetted sponge flying towards Ben “Sponge war!”

Ben ducked to avoid the sponge and flipped with his hand to redirect it back to Seha.

It spattered against her breasts.
    Seha retaliated with a wet towel.
    More sponges and towels flew this and that way making the fresher a very messy room. The door was opening to reveal the two Horn siblings.
    Ben was behind the opening door, readying another sponge.

“I love your wet shirt,” Valin Horn spotted Seha first “but what’s the smell?”

“He put a living, squirming, wriggling firoka-fish in the bath-tub,” Seha said. “We should put the poor fish out of its mysery with all the swimming water gone.”

“You should have brought a smoked or dried fish for him,” Valin squeezed the water from a towel over the fish in the bath-tub. “But I think I can save him. Jacen did teach you some good things.”

“Yes,” Ben opened the tap and had more water pouring in. “He did install a love for innocent creatures. I saved the fish from the cruel fisherman when I could have a go with the powerboat.”

“Your ride with the powerboat had us almost missing the shuttle back to Coronet city,” Jysella stated. “Master Durron had to be at the office of Correllian transports to purchase the GMK seven transport for the Bel Hana boys before the owner sold it to another customer.”

Ben laughed when he saw her. With the wet t-shirt clinging to her body and making everyting visible she was irresistible for him. “I knew he would make it in time before the looming deadline,” he smiled. “And we could have offered Bel Hana the Azure…”

“The Azure Angel is my freighter,” Seha put her hands on her hips. “I offered her for this mission.”

“We could have taken the Mouldy Crow,” Jysella stated.

“Kyle Katarn would have agreed but Jan not,” Valin said. “I am glad we have taken the Azure Angel. She has weapons and is one of the fastest freighters of the YT1300 series and can outfly the Millennium Falcon.”

“I agree,” Seha smiled “but don’t tell this to the Solo’s.”

“No and you are lovely,” Ben took one great step and was encircling his arms around Seha’s waist and reaching with his mouth to hers “and wet.” He kissed her.

Seha returned the kiss. She was wet but so was Ben after the sponge and towel war.

- - -

“Dad we are back,” Jysella flew in her father’s arms careful for his splinted leg.

“We have this from your birth planet.” Ben and Seha placed the tank with the fish on the table.

“A firoka-fish,” Corran grinned “You must have been to Firwood Lake.”

“We did after meeting CorSec officer Jono Bel Hana in Coronet City,” Valin said. “With his help we could get the holocron with the archive-material from Nejaa Halcyon and his discoveries.”

“At a great cost for Jono,” Kyp added. “We met Sith. Jono lost his wife and had to fear for his life and that of his son. We bought a transport for him to return to his home planet with his son.”

“Jono Bel Hana,” Corran turned the holocron in his hands. “My grandfather was helped by Jono and Obi-Wan Kenobi to search for more knowledge about Mortis. This holocron can help us in our search for the dagger of Mortis.”

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Another wet T-shirt? I think Revanfan1 has been a bad influence on us. Lol! Nicely done!

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Well done. And...sorry for my bad influence. [face_blush] However, I have no regrets. [face_hypnotized]

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww that was lovely [face_love][face_love][face_love]

Great response.

15. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You write about Kyp Durron. If I had known before, I would have told at @Cem_Fel/ Shawnkyr on the telephone today! :)