main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Edited Challenge - Entries. ~#3:~ 09-15.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 18, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Usual disclaimer applies.

Edited challenge

Round One:

Description: Luke and Mara sparring.

Needs to include: an angry female; weapon; flowers.

Mara glowered and lowered her saber. “You’re holding back, Skywalker.” She said with a furious tone underlying her observation. “You think I can’t handle what you can deliver?”

Luke flushed. “I know you can. I’m not sure I can keep up with you, as a matter of fact.”

“With a lightsaber?” Mara demanded.

“No, in avoiding the real issue between us. The real source of the tension.”

Mara deactivated her saber, and he followed suit.

“Which is?” Mara asked, in genuine interest.

Us.” Luke responded, then braced himself for her reaction.

Mara burst out laughing. “There is no us.

“Yes, that’s just it. And we both know, we want there to be. At least I do.”

He grabbed hold of her shoulders and kissed her thoroughly. Mara was surprised at his ability and his daring. He was a superb kisser.

When they breathlessly separated, she could not deny she had liked that very much.
    Next thing he’d be giving her flowers and sweet candy. Ah, well … it was worth it.
    Forceful Luke was hot.

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great entry. Love your LM as always

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Nice entry for the challenge. Luke is the man. :D

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Indeed he is =P~=P~=P~

5. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Haha, love it! =D=

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Edited Challenge Round #2:

250 word count or more including: a ring; a sandwich; a boat; and a cool breeze

Description: Jysella & Valin Horn are with J&J, relaxing on a lake.

The cool breeze ruffled the lake surface, making the water ripple softly. The water was a clear azure, mirroring the sky overhead.

A motorized watercraft skimmed over the surface. Its motor was near-silent, so that the sound of birds singing was not drowned out, nor were they frightened away.

Jaina smiled as she took a big bite out of her sandwich. It had meats and fresh vegetables & a creamy spread on thick, fluffy rolls with crusty edges, just the way she liked it.

Jysella Horn leaned back in a deck chair beside her and smiled. “How are Ben and Seha doing?”

“Thicker than ever.” Jaina replied, happily. “He had the biggest schoolgirl crush on you for the longest, Jys, but now he’s settled on Seha, and she’s just perfect for him.”

Jysella grinned with fond affection. “Do you think he’ll give her a ring anytime soon?”

“Probably on our next spring break.” Jaina answered.

Jag emerged from the far side of the ‘boat’ with Valin in tow.

He was in time to hear his wife’s comment.

“Speaking of, I’m ahead Jaina, in my unofficial competition with Kyle Katarn.” He reminded with a gleam in his green eyes.

Jaina laughed. “I’m sure Kyle is telling Jan the exact same thing: that he’s the one who’s got the big lead.”

She leaned close to Jysella and whispered rhetorically: “When do men ever grow up?”

Jysella laughed. “They like showing off for their ladies.” She winked.

“You can say that again.” Jaina said by way of agreement, admiring the way Jag looked in T-shirt and cut-off shorts. My guy is looking mighty fine, she thought, pleased.

~~~~~!!

Gemma and AzureAngel2 like this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great response to the second challenge with the funny update with those boys and girls

8. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice response to the challenge! Great job!

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Both of these were a lot of fun and great responses to the challenges!
    =D=

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL, thanks mav. @};- Sorta kinda like the "Clue" Challenge but different ;)

11. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was really sweet [face_love][face_love][face_love]

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Edited Challenge Round #3:

500 word count or more including:

A lost shoe, a laughing child, a cracked bowl, snow, and a seashell.

Description: Nyota/Spock pairing featured, with her sister, Kashore (an OC)—during a family visit

~!!~~!

Kashore dashed into the kitchen, holding one shoe. “I found this shoe under Tatiana’s bed. I wondered where it had gotten to.”

“Playing dress up, I see.” Nyota grinned. “That is a lovely shade of peach.”

“It goes with one of my favorite outfits. Do you remember when we played dress up?”

Nyota laughed. “That was the least of our mischief! I remember I cracked Mom’s fruit bowl when we played catch in the house, which we were absolutely not allowed to.”

At that moment, Marini dashed into the kitchen.

She was 5 years old going on 15, sometimes. Nyota scooped her up and tickled her until she laughed.

“You’re my favorite auntie.” Marini confided.

Nyota smirked. “Thanks, I think.”

They were at the beach, gathering seashells. Nyota taught her nieces to string them into necklaces. They sparkled and shimmered.

“I still have the one I made when I was about your age.” She told them happily. “It’s one of my favorite keepsakes.”

Kashore was being ridden in the surf like a surfboard by her two sons. She laughed and rolled over, dunking them in the warm sapphire waves.

They came up, laughing and spluttering.

“Mom!” One of them complained.

“Go find your dad.” She insisted. “I want to sunbathe.”

She stretched out on the sand on a large, fluffy beach towel, where her sister happily joined her, after grabbing a towel of her own.

I am so glad it doesn’t snow here, Nyota thought. The few times she’d been in snow, she’d never felt warm enough. Her bondmate had helped to warm her up on those occasions before cozy fires, but he didn’t much like cold, either.

She much preferred the warm and balmy climates, although she didn’t mind the woodlands and vistas of places like Switzerland and France.

“Will you be stopping by Paris on your way back to the Cotswolds?” Her sister asked, catching her train of thought.

Nyota grinned. “We can always find time in our itinerary for Paris.” She remarked.

Kashore laughed.

The first trip had been half-bitter, half-sweet, but since the aftermath had turned out well eventually, and later trips were unmitigatedly wonderful … Paris was now a favorite destination or side-trip.

Nyota was sitting contentedly on the veranda, a mug of caramel and toffee flavored caf in her hands.

Spock came to join her, and she smiled in welcome and moved to make room.

He sat next to her, and slid an arm around her shoulders.

“Nyota ashal-veh.” He leaned to give her ear a nibble.

“Spock, my heart. I have enjoyed this trip home, more than most.”

“I believe that is due in large measure to the fac that we are expecting our first child in a few months.”

She beamed. “You are correct, as usual.” She snuggled closer and sipped her hot drink, un-caffeinated because of the pregnancy but no less rich as to its smooth, creamy taste.

Got to have my sweet fix, she thought, and with that reflection, she sent a mental caress to the one she found sweetest of all!

++++++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Very nicely done! Excellent response to the challenge!

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great to see such lovely moments with Kashore, kids and Spock

15. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Those were wonderful [face_love][face_love][face_love]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. [face_dancing] I loved weaving the prompts into a coherent and mushy whole :)

17. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Love the Luke and Mara! Love the tension! Haha, he's "HOT" :D

18. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Loved the round 2 challenge! Sounds like the perfect spot and wonderful friends. I know I don't mind if the guys want to show off!! haha :D Awesome!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Round One, elements: a pet; a spilled beverage; alarm going off. 250+ words.

Description: Some A/T family fun. :)

~~~~~~~

Tahiri grinned as their pet pittin, Snowball, curled up at the foot of Carolys’s bed. Their five-year-old daughter had been clamoring for a pet for ages.

Anakin and she had discussed whether Carolys was still too young to take care of a pet, but you were never too young to start learning responsibility.

Tahiri had never had a pet growing up. For Anakin, anything remotely resembling a pet had been Jacen’s purview.

She went to join Anakin who was doing some light reading in bed.

“Carolys asleep?” He asked.

“Finally.” Tahiri answered. “And of course, Snowball is right there keeping vigil at her bedside.”

Carolys had just gotten over a cold and had been fussy all day. Her parents had entertained her all evening and she seemed to be feeling better at last and sleeping restfully.

The alarm on the chrono rang all too early the next morning. Half-bleary-eyed, Anakin who was not a morning person, went to start the caf machine but spilled some of the liquid when Snowball, followed by Carolys came barreling into the food-prep area.

“I want fudge cakes, Daddy.” Carolys announced.

Tahiri came in at that moment from the ‘fresher, looking way too awake for this early and lovely, Anakin thought.

“Mommy, I want fudge cakes.” Carolys repeated, transferring her attention to her other parent, so as to make sure her request was attended to by whichever one was the easier to persuade.

Which, this early, was her dad.

He too could eat dessert for breakfast.

“With extra icing?” He now supplied, and Carolys’s eyes gleamed with happiness.

“Oh, no you don’t.” Tahiri warned, eyes sparkling with mirth. “Don’t encourage her.”

“Hey, she’s not the only one who wants them.” He rejoined.

Tahiri laughed. The cakes were fluffy and moist, bursting with chocolate and covered in a toffee icing.

“Just this once.” She agreed, caving into the two she loved most in the world.

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    Gyaahhhh!! *jumps up and down all excitedly* I never quite realized how much I missed reading A/T fanfiction! And this was wonderful! Great job Nyota :D

Revanfan1 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    perfect use of the prompts in a delightful piece

22. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    I want fudge cakes...

Nyota's Heart and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Fudge cakes... =P~

Blast it all, Nyota's Heart, now you've gone and given me a craving. Great story. :)

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I do love A/T and fudge LOL

~~~

Round two features glasses; empty box; a hot surface; red fabric.

~~~~!

The surface of the ped-walk was hot under the midday sun. This world was not as hot as Tatooine, since it had one sun only, but this was their high summer time of year, and temperatures and humidity could be brutal.

Iella stepped into a café and ordered a glass of fizz-pop. She took a long sip of the cold sparkly liquid and sighed contentedly.

She took out her datapadd and keyed in the information she’d been gathering on a recon mission for NR Intelligence. Iella missed her family, so she commed Wedge.

When Iella returned home, she slid out of her black pants suit and red vest.

She rooted through the kitchen to find her favorite snack of sponge cake-style treats stuffed with cream. All she found was an empty box in the trash receptacle.

I was only gone for a little over a week! She thought indignantly.

She wondered if Wedge had gotten into the treats … he had a fondness for them as well.

She commed him and … sure enough, there were cake crumbs on his lapel.

He tried to act all innocent, but she snarked, “You forget who you’re talking to, flyboy. You’d better get me another box of treats on the way home.”

He looked chagrinned and nodded.

“Okay, Iella.”

“And you’re not getting any. You’ve had your share for the next month.”

He sighed ruefully. “Guess I can’t blame this one on Wes Janson, huh.”

“I’m afraid not.” She answered.

When Wedge came home that evening, he not only had the box of treats, but a bouquet of flowers, tied with a silken, red ribbon.

The card read: I missed you, and I am so happy you’re home again!

Iella smiled. Wedge had more than made up for his earlier transgression.

He knew just how to get next to her … none better.

Her first marriage had been to a superb guy, but he’d been very serious and not as spontaneous and romantic as Wedge could be.

It was a wonderful thing when love arrived the second time. You were able to appreciate it more fully.

“So, am I forgiven?” He teased her, knowing the answer.

She replied, giving him a hug: “Naturally.”

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Revanfan1 like this.
  25. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Squee, Wedge and Iella! I'm starting my reread of the X-Wing series now and I can't wait to get to the part with these two! So much squeeness! [face_love]

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.