main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Edited Challenge, Round 3- Dance With Me

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LexiLupin, May 5, 2014.

1. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Round 1 of the Edited Challenge- requirements:

A Pillow
    Dirty clothing
    An animal’s nest (can be any animal, size, shape ect)

Description: Wedge and Iella enjoy some alone time.

X---X

Laundry Day

“You know,” Wedge Antilles sighed as he rolled over to face his wife, “when you mentioned getting out your dirty clothes, I thought you meant it was laundry day. Not, well- dirty clothes.”

Iella smirked. “In fairness, said dirty clothes are now dirty.”

“Ripped too, I reckon.”

“Hm.” She winked at him. “Aren’t there better things you could be doing with that mouth? Enough pillow talk.”

When he resurfaced for air some minutes later, he nuzzled close to her ear and whispered, “I’d have kicked the girls out years ago if I’d realized this is what empty nest syndrome would do to you.”

X---X

Tehe. O:)

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Lexi! [face_dancing] SQUEEEEE! Oh yeah. I love this one. [:D] Welcome back! [face_love]

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, very cool & creative interpretation of the prompts, Lexi—mighty fine! ;)

4. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Thank you both! I certainly had diabolical fun scheming my drabble. :-D

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww that was so sweet [face_love][face_love][face_love]

Nothin wrong with a little mush.

=D==D==D==D=

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice!

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  8. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Thanks everyone! This is a great challenge, so much fun! On to Round 2:

Requirements:
    A broken toy
    An ivory blanket
    An injured adult
    A handful of pebbles, stones, rocks ect

Description: Wes and Hobbie get a dressing down by Wedge on Hoth following a not-so routine patrol.

X---X

Boys and Their Toys

“Tell me again,” Wedge Antilles spoke in a deadly soft voice, “how you broke my ship.”

“It’s not broken!” Wes exclaimed indignantly, “it’s- well okay, it is broken, but it’s just the aft repulsor coils-”

“And the turbothruster…” Hobbie put in glumly.

Wes turned to glare at his sullen wingmate. “The turbothruster is fine. Anyway,” he looked back to their squadron commander, “it isn’t your ship, it’s the Rebellion’s ship.”

Wedge’s look could have melted Hoth; or Wes wished it would, because he was getting really kriffing cold standing beside their grounded snow speeder.

Crashed was such a harsh word.

“So again- how did you break my ship?”

“Well you see…”

As superior ace pilot Wes Janson brought the T-47 snow speeder into a smooth glide above the Rebel Base on the frozen tundra of the remote planet Hoth, he couldn’t help but notice how calm and peaceful the snow looked from up here, like an ivory blanket draped around the rugged terrain-”

“Janson! If I wanted poetry, I’d eavesdrop on your pathetic attempts at flirting in the mess.”

As Wes guided the craft with a steady hand, an unexpected tap at his shoulder startled him. “Yes, dearest wingmate Hobbie?”

“Hold out your hand.”

“You shouldn’t distract me on this very important patrol,” Wes reprimanded. “I would never want to do anything to disappoint our esteemed Commander Antilles.”

Wedge snorted.

“What are these?” Wes looked down at the misshapen and colorful pieces that Hobbie had dropped over his shoulder into Wes’s hand.

“Some new candy that made it in on the last supply drop. ‘Pop Rocks.’ Just try a small handful.”

“Well, if you insist…”

Wedge held up a hand and then rubbed at his temples. “Stop. You’re telling me you crashed my ship because you ate some kriffing Pop Rocks?”

“They startled me, okay?! Right when you least suspect it…”

Their commander sighed. “And you’re both fine?” They nodded. “Why was I told there was an injury?”

Wes looked at him dully. “Wedge, I crashed a glorified speeder without an enemy ship in the whole system, let alone under fire, and about thirty meters from the base.

“That’d wound any man’s pride.”

X---X

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    [face_laugh]

That was awesome, pure awesome.

10. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    That was great! Very fun! :D

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Pop rocks are startling the first time you eat them :p Excellent use of the prompts. =D=

12. Sokolniki

Sokolniki Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2014
    Oh god, that last line [face_laugh]
    I can't see anyone beating you in the use of that particular prompt!

13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Brava, Lexi! Very, very fun, such clever dialogue (love the line about flirting in the mess), and such a creative use of the prompts. Both your "Edited" stories so far have done a bang-up job showing us the (dare I say it?) human side of these zany Rebel pilots. :)

14. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww poor Hobbie.

Boys don't like it when their toys don't work :p

Nice response

15. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Thanks, everyone! I do so love my Rogues!
    That said, here we have a complete departure from the prior two stories.

Round 3- requirements:
    Soft music
    A lovesick being
    Alcohol (drinking or to treat an injury)
    A purple animal
    Lightning

Description: It begins and ends with a dance.

X---X

Dance With Me

His eyes dwelled on her lithe form as she moved slowly in time to the soft music, an adventurous smile with a trace of self-conscious apprehension gracing her features as her eyes flickered over him, noticed his attentions.

The sounds of their heavy breathing filled the otherwise silent space as they danced around one another, movements so fluid they might have rehearsed them.

The burn of Menkooro seared his throat, added to the heat of the crowded space as more beings escaped the storm raging outside; the music picked up, charging the air.

Sparks exploded between them and she moved away again, panting, eyes flashing passionately.

The red flush of his cheeks, his dilated dark pupils, might have been attributed to the whiskey; he knew otherwise.

Tracks of moisture ran down her face, tears mingling with the sweat glistening on her flushed brow, on her bare arms that strained with exertion as she pushed back against him.

A crack of thunder outside was accentuated by the strobe of colorful lights; he caught sight of her slinking like some reptilian thing through the crowd, the greens and blues and violet hues shimmering off her skin.

Raw emotion battered him through the Force- betrayal, despair, anger, hatred… and deep, deep down, the love that informed, gave sway and power to the rest.

Reaching his table, her glinting eyes drifted over his flushed features, his empty drink, his intense gaze; making some final, impulsive decision, she held out a hand to him and pulled him to standing, and he leaned down close by her ear…

“Is that the best you can do?”

He released his firm grip on his wrist and shoved her away; she fell heavily to her knees, sucking in pained breaths, lightsaber clattering uselessly from her grasp while she summoned the strength to carry on. “Why?” she panted.

“Why what?”

“Why do you do this?”

Dark eyes flickered in consternation. “Because I love you. Why do you?”

“Because I loved you.”

Her emphasis added insult to injury. A wordless cry of fury accompanied the crackle of electricity as lightning flew from his fingertips and sent her careening halfway across the room, writhing in agony on the floor. He strode forward, glaring down at her weakened form as it twitched off the effects of the assault, lip curling in anger and a degree of self-loathing that he was, indeed, loathe to admit to himself.

Raising his blade high, she coughed and held up a trembling hand. “Wait. One last thing.”

“A final request?” he mocked. “What could you possibly want from me?”

But he found himself pulling her to her feet, holding her steady on shaking legs. “The only thing I’ve ever wanted from you.”

“Wha-?”

A flicker of premonition drew his attention over his shoulder, head turning in surprise even as she clung to his shoulders, held him in place, leaned up close by his ear…

As if in slow motion her purple blade ignited and crept unsteadily towards them, jerking back and forth like some serpentine creature slithering across the floor. With a last burst of her energy, palpable through the Force, he saw it rise and gain speed, and turned back to face her. His serene smile mirrored her own, though he could not see it pressed against his neck, as both awaited the blow.

“Dance with me.”

X---X

16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ogoshogoshogosh I am so glad I'm not competing against you in this round of "Edited," because I wouldn't have a snowball's chance in Hades! :) Wow, what an incredibly intense last dance for these two... and way to take "lovesickness" taken to a whole new level! Plus, it looks like you managed to get the "purple animal" in there not once but twice—veddy nice.

Bravissima! :)

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh how superb and intense =D= =D= Raw and vivid.

18. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Whoa. Mood whiplash. :p

The first two were cute and inventive with the prompts (the "injury" of Wes' pride and Iella's "dirty clothes.") Wes's narration was perfect.

This last one is so dark and has such a vivid use of imagery. It's very good at evoking the basics of the relationship in all its desperation while we don't even know who -- because it hardly matters. Seems like an age-old story, given how the Jedi struggle with their powers, their hearts, and each other.

19. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Thanks, everyone, I'm glad you all enjoyed! [:D]

Confession? I don't know either. I guess one could infer the 'her' from the purple lightsaber but as I was trying to sort out my characters, I realized that no, it didn't really matter at all. I am curious though. Maybe I'll decide some day. :p

Kahara likes this.