main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Editing first post

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DARTHLARS, Jun 21, 2013.

1. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I wish that in some forums I would be able to always edit the first post in a thread if I had created that thread.
    I want this especially if the thread is about an item that get continuous updates. If there are more news, I would like to update the first post with the updates.

Right now, you would need to be a moderator or an administrator to be able to do that -- and there are moderators and administrators that do maintain such threads.
    But how about threads created by regular members?

One example: CEII ROTJ and AOTC-3D movie screenings. I would like to edit the first post to contain more accurate information about where and when the movies are going to be screened.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The first post is indistinguishable from any other post with regards to editing ability. Unfortunately, what that means is that in sections without unlimited editing, there's no way to implement your suggestion. What you can do is PM the relevant forum's moderator(s) asking them to edit the post for you.

3. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    What Ramza suggested is the standard procedure.