main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Edmonton ***FanFilm: Part Deux*** - Official Script Submissions and suggestions thread...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Hi all,

Well we have had an overwhelming positive response to our "Do you want to make another FanFilm" poll, so I thought now was a good a time as any to get the ball rolling. Even though we haven't completed work on our other film, this one is going to be MUCH more involved, and is going to be MUCH more work, so the sooner the better.

So here is our first thread for FanFilm: Part Deux!! If you have a script, or a firm and solid idea for a script (more than "2 jedi that fight a sith guy") please post your ideas here, either in story, script, or point form.

After we close the "submission window" we can then discuss and vote on which story/script we like the most, and move forward with it. (I have no idea how long we should keep this open, so if you have a suggestion...)

Of course, anything goes for story plots, as long as it is Star Wars, and isn't going to cost $15 Million to make. Your story doesn't have to be about anything specific, nor be set in any specific time, as long as it takes place in the Star Wars universe, it is all good... :)

So let's get some ideas firing around!!!

Indy

2. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I will wade right in and submit the script I originally wrote for our fanfilm idea last December.

I have been doing some reworking and rewriting on it, and should have a good "rough" draft ready to post up within the next few days, depending on how well work on "The Corellian" goes.

For those of you who haven't seen it, or just want a refresher, you can view the story in it's pre-rewrite form at this link.

Indy

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I'll have something sometime after the weekend maybe. What are we looking for length-wise? 1/2 hour? 15 minutes?

(personally, I'd like to stick with Ty Masra. But I also think it's important to have some variety for people to choose from too. It's also an exercise for my creative writing skills ;) )

4. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm bumping this so people will remember. My script is done now and I'll post it in a day or two. I just need to do some final edits.

It's a pretty dark story that I think is only a step up from the last thing we did. There's going to be a lot more effects work for this one too and I need to know if there's anything that might not be do-able. Overall it should come to a half hour at MOST. I'm pretty open too so when it's up if there's anything anyone wants to add feel free. :)

5. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well, here it is:

(note: I would have posted it on my site but I'm having some technical difficulties right now... :mad: )

Title: "Beware the Dark Side"

Dramatis Personae:

Sargeant Argar Briggs - Human Male
    Private Zicrea Xor - Zabrak Male
    Private Danbe Tomas - Human
    Private Das Tooinii - Human

[Ext. Forest]

A small slough or body of water is seen in the distance. Dead trees stand in the shallows like skeletons seeking refreshment. A few bloody bodies are scattered about, some missing limbs, heads or other appendages. Lying in the midst of the bloody massacre are four bodies. The only thing different about these is that they still draw breath...

[Middle-distance shot of a dozen bodies. In the background a small slough can barely be made out. Camera slowly pans down to focus on a wide shot of the bodies then cut to a close up shot of the main characters]

A human male with several cuts and scars struggles to consciousness. Groans can be heard in the background as those still living fight to stay alive. A grenade or some other kind of explosive has gone off in their midst. All those in the clearing are wearing battle gear. Green jumpsuits and camo panchos with combat helmets. Blaster carbines lay strewn about. Thrown from their owners? grasp during the explosion. One human male [Lt. Briggs] finally manages to sit up. Fumbling with his combat helmet he throws it off of his head. With a slightly dazed look as though concussed he makes it to his feet. Surveying the area around him we see him grab up a blaster carbine and check the bodies for any signs of life. He hears a groan coming from one of his men. Racing to his side he helps the soldier up who, without word goes about searching his fellows to find those who might still be alive. After a few moments two more are found to be alive. One, another human male, and the other a Zabrak. Silently they go about arming themselves with the gear of their fallen comrades. Over head a high pitched thrum can be heard

Tomas: [dazedly] Sounds like repulsorcraft...

Tooinii: What the sith happened to us?

Briggs: Keep it down. There may be scouts.

All the remaining soldiers take cover in some nearby underbrush until the noise dies down.

[Close up shots of the main characters surrounded by foliage]

Briggs: [queitly] What?s our status?

Tomas: Everyone?s gone except for the four of us, sir.

Briggs takes this news with a sorrowful nod

Briggs: Equipment?

Tooinii: Salvaging all of the equipment we should be able to hold out for a few weeks.

Briggs: That?s not an option. As far as they know we?ve all been killed. What about what we have on us? I count two blaster packs, about a liter of water and 2 kilos of food.

Tooinii: Uh, I have about a kilo in rations and just under a liter of water. Two blaster packs, sir.

Tomas: Two blaster packs and I?m about the same for food and water.

The male Zabrak seems slightly confused. One of his horns has been broken off and he?s bleeding from a cut on his forehead.

Xor: Umm, two power packs, sir. I think I lost my survival pack in the blast.

Tooinii: Sir? What was that?

Briggs: I don?t remember any flybys so it wasn?t a bomber. I don?t remember hearing any powered weapons either. I?m thinking an anti-personell mine.

Xor: Should I go back for the pack?

Briggs: No. The base probably detected the blast. They?ll have scouts here any minute and we don?t wanna be caught when they get here.

He looks around

Briggs: [under his breath] No medics, no medpacks. {Speaking normally] Okay. This is bad but if we?re lucky we should be able to survive it. The Aces and the Derra IV are in system waiting in an asteroid belt. If we can make it to a comm system we can call for an extraction. Injuries?

Xor: I?m pretty dizzy chief. Feeling a little nauseous too.

Briggs goes up to the male Zarbrak and open his eye-lids wider looking into each pupil.

Briggs: I don?t know Zabrak physiology but it looks li

6. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I like, I like, I LIKE!!! :) :D

Very, very good story Berx!!!

Indy

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    :D heh, thanks

8. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    Me to.

banana :D

9. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Well read. Might provide some difficulties doing the make-up for the Zabrak but other than that....

10. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Actually I was more worried about the bunker. I was planning on going as a Zabrak for halloween and Angela said it was do-able so I don't think that'll be much of a problem.

11. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    You'll have to shave your head.... ;)

The bunker could always be done with a bluescreen/greenscreen cube...

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Cool... and actually I'm not going as a Zabrak anymore. I'd have to break out the razor and I don't trust anyone enough to shave my entire head with a razor

13. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    My cousin does his own all the time... Start off with the clippers and trim the hair as short as you can, then you shaving cream and a rasor for the rest. Wherever there is shaving cream, you haven't shaved yet... ;)

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    sure sounds easy

15. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Remember that commercial? Front to back, front to back...

I am working on the script for mine, will have it up soon, just been spending lots of my free time on the film...

Indy

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    You obviously don't know how clumsy I can be :p

17. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Well i finally read your script Berx, Sounds great! :)

I'd love to be the bad guy :D ;)

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I was picturing someone tall for that part ;)

19. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Well, I figure this was the best place to post this.

I don't know for SURE but the place where we made the fanfilm last year might esentially be gone. They're building a road at the entrance into the sand-pit which doesn't directly affect the same area but it looks like they're going to put some houses in there now. So if we wanted to film there it would basically be in someone's back yard. :(

All's not lost though because there are other areas that are undevoloped in the backwoods. The only problem is you need a truck to get to some of them (in hindsight one of them would be really cool place to shoot [I'll show you guys in the spring when it dries if I can find a way back there since you can see the whole city from there]). If anyone had there heart set on shooting in the exact spot again it won't be possible.

Which raises another question: When are we gonna start doing some serious work and planning on this? Is anyone still interested?

20. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    You know I am...

21. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    If I can get a suitable schedule to help out(sundays and mondays I have off) I would love to.

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    So is there still interest in this? I know it seems like we, as a fanforce, have a lot on our collective plates right now but it's not that bad. Celebration is a year away and if we get some serious planning done on this I think we'd have a pretty sweet-a** little fanfilm [not to undermine the last one but it was just a test of our mettle].

If there is an interest I'll do a little editing of the script (it doesn't even hafto be this script. if someone has a better one by all means *please* post it).

Anyway, I think if we are going to do this we need to at least start planning it right about now. Otherwise we simply won't have what we need to film it this summer and if we do try it'll be pretty half-a**ed and it could cause a lot of tension and frayed nerves just from trying.

23. myself_me

myself_me Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2003
    All I'd like to know, is if it is somehow possible to rent a decent space for greenscreen somewhere here in Edmonton? That right there would create some kick-butt scenes! And by the way, i'd love to be involved in the Special FX :). Open for 2d animation/editing/2deffects, and/or CGI ;)

24. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I don't know if any greenscreen effects are going to necessary in this film, but I don't know of anywhere to rent space.

As for the editing, you're more than welcome to help :D

25. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    sounds fun, I'd be interested.

I know Studio Post rents studio space, but I'm sure it is very expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.