Edmonton Edmonton FanForce's **Official** next event - viewing of Harry Potter **UPDATED with Final Details**

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Nov 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Time to get another event going...

What: A viewing of the new Harry Potter movie

Where: Either South Edmonton Common or West Edmonton Mall Silver City

When: Either the night of Friday, November 15th, or a matinee/night viewing on Saturday, November 16th.

The "Where" depends on what is the easiest place for everybody to meet... such as if Ky-Wan can only make the southside, or if Spot or Vua__Lah can only make the west end, etc.

The "When" depends on who can make what times. I work the day shift on Friday and the night shift on Saturday, but I could probably make a switch on Saturday if people can only make a Saturday night show or something.

So post what days/times are good for you, and we can make some final decisions. I'll then inform YJN about it, and we can get it posted up, and hopefully reach some new people! :)

So what do you think?

Indy
  2. JawaGirl Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm in! Friday nights are usually good for me, as is the weekend. Can't wait! I'm re-reading the book right now in anticipation of the movie :)

JawaGirl
  3. Jamaillia Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Either is fine with me as well. I have just finished the second book as well JawaGirl, so that I am all up to date.

Jamaillia

4. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm, i would like it to be a Silver City if at all possible, and on Saturday if at all possible. But if its not then i might be able to trade shifts, and i can always take a cab, so whatever :)
  5. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    I wouldn't make you take a cab man, you can always count on me for a ride if you need it... :)

Oh, and would you prefer Saturday matinee or night showing????

Indy
  6. spottcat211 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ok... I think im in for this one... Either location would be find... I just have to ask for a ride... Ok Later..
  7. Darth_Haggis Jedi Master

star 4
    I would prefer a matinee (I'm a cheap student after all) but any time is good. At either location. Preferece on South Edmonton Common (I've received better service there...)
  8. JawaGirl Jedi Master

star 3
    I'm all for a matinee!

Save a few bucks! :)
  9. geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Friday or Saturday is fine for me, I like the idea of the matinee though.(Katrina would kill me is she can't come so the 9 o'clock show would be out for us) Silver City is easier for us to get to.
  10. IronParrot Manager Emeritus

star 5
    As badly as I want to go on opening night, I have a debate tournament that weekend and am not able to make it to any Potter party until Sunday afternoon... oh well.

However, I went to WEM today and it seems like tickets are already on sale for The Two Towers - midnight show on the night of the 17th / morning of the 18th. I won't be able to make that either (am going to Calgary that week) but just letting you guys know, for organizational purposes.
  11. Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Either theatre is fine. But I do not know if I can make this event. I'll try though. But I have some things that need to be paid off and until a better job comes along.. I kinda have to take what I can get. :)

12. astrozombie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just wondering...is this event strictly movie viewing? Will there be any Pre or after-showing shenanigans?

It sounds like a Sat.Matinee date, but if our chapter is going all-out or making it a well-attended function on either Friday or Saturday night, I can go. Don't plan around me though, I'm cheap and have no qualms with hitting a cheap tuesday or weekday matinee with buds.

13. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Yeah, it is looking like it is going to be a Saturday matinee event...

I looked on movietickets.com and the best showtime would probably be the 3:15 show on Saturday afternoon. Does that work for most?

As far as digging up some trouble before or after, sounds like a good idea to me. I have to work that evening, but that doesn't mean you guys can't do something... :) Board games or a DVD viewing of AotC might work... :)

Opinions/comments?

Indy
  14. astrozombie Jedi Youngling

star 1
    If the fanforce is, I'm up for an 'after-event' since I'll be missing out on the main action...I'm up for any idea.

sucks to our conflicting schedules, Indy! :(
  15. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Anybody else have any thoughts on this???

Indy
  16. JawaGirl Jedi Master

star 3
    I will attend the movie, but won't be able to participate in an after-event. Either will astrozombie...A family thing came up for that night that we need to go to.

JawaGirl
  17. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well how many are interested in doing an after party???

I am trying to finangle my way out of work that day, and if I succeed, I would love to have you all over to my place, to watch the DVD AotC Deleted Scenes, and then take in the awesomeness that is the DVD Extended Version of The Fellowship of the Ring.

So who wants to do something like that? If there is at least some intrest, then I will continue my macinations, but if not, then I won't bother trying to get the night off.

Indy
  18. Darth_Haggis Jedi Master

star 4
    Count me in for Saturday. Anything is good. (except for transportation)

Also, about LOTR: Two Towers: I would recommend planning for a matinee on Wednesday afternoon. It's cheaper, and still leaves time open to do something afterwards...
  19. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    You can almost count me in for after movie stuff.
  20. Jamaillia Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sounds good to me.

Jamaillia
  21. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well, I got Saturday off so...

Party at the Jade Palace!!!! :D

Guess I better get to work tidying up the place...

Indy
  22. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    Good stuff! This will be fun. And i can get my sterio, poster, lightsabers, and whatever else i left at SilverCity ;)

And about that ride, if you were serious, please PM me about it. Thanks :)
  23. Indigo_Jade Jedi Knight

star 5
    Transportation to and from my house can be provided no problem, all I ask is a meager donation to the "Make the Oil Barons Even Richer" (read: gas) fund.

I have Coke, Sprite, Barqs Root Beer, Canada Dry, and Diet Coke at my house, so if you want something different, you gotta bring it yourself... :)

Not sure what you guys want to do about the snack situation. We could do a "pot luck" snack thing, where everybody brings something along... let me know what you guys think.

We could also all chip in like 5 bucks and order some Pizza Hut, since they have the Regular Price - 5 bucks - 5 bucks - 5 bucks deal going on right now. (I think). We'll have to pick this up on the way to my place, for some strange reason Pizza Hut doesn't deliver to our community... slackers.

Any other details you guys can think of? Times a wastin! :)

*gets back to cleaning up*

Indy

Oh and I guess we should update with the final details too...

What: A viewing of the new Harry Potter movie with an After Party DVD Extravaganza including the AotC deleted scenes and then a showing of Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended (Super Duper) Version

Where: West Edmonton Mall Silver City for Harry Potter and Indigo Jade's house for the DVD Party

When: Matinee showing at 3:15 with an after party upon conclusion

I anticipate that the line up will be severe for this movie, considering the Kiddie Quotient and the fact that it is a Saturday Matinee. I plan on getting to the theater around 2:15ish to make sure we get a decent place in line; any are welcome to join me at that time or later if that works better for you.

Not sure what we want to do about tickets... puchase them as early as possible would probably be the best bet... I remember this one and Spider Man being sold out for a lot of the early matinee shows, and it would be a shame if we couldn't get in :(
  24. Jamaillia Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think that we should do a pot luck thing as well as pizza. Or, if you want some bring snacks and the others pay for the pizza and don't bring snacks?

I should be able to make it there the same time you are Indigo, so you won't be lonely. I think that I am going to buy my ticket ahead of time just to be sure that I get one.

Jamaillia

25. JawaGirl Jedi Master

star 3
    Good call. I'll try to go and pick up my ticket today.

The party at Jade's Palace sounds sweet! I'm going to do my darndest to make an appearance at my prior commitment and then sneak on over to your place ;)

JawaGirl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.