main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Edmonton FanForce's Official Second Event: Take Two!!!!! PLEASE read and respond...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay, I am starting to get a bit worried. Was looking through the paper at the theater listings, and I found out that Star Wars is gone from all the theaters in Edmonton except for South Edmonton Common.

Yikes!!!!

I know I want to catch it at least one more time in the theater, so I propose doing our Second Event at a showing of Star Wars.

I have confirmed times for Saturday and Sunday (12:15, 3:20, 6:40, 9:45), and I could only confirm with the theater that it will be showing until next Thursday for sure, after that they don't know.

So the question is, do we try and squeeze this in this weekend, do we go during the week sometime, or do we take a chance and gamble that it will still be in the theater next weekend? Or do we decide to do something else for this event? :)

I know personally that the showings I could make this weekend would any on Saturday and the 12:15 or maybe the 3:20 on Sunday, but that is just me. If everybody else can only make the later shows on Sunday, then that would be when the Event is... :)

Opinions? Comments?

Indy

2. major_jedi_failure

major_jedi_failure Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    helllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

*echoes surround him*

ok, to any and all living life forms (bacteria included, if there are any left),

WAAASSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so, i've been hanging around the lit. boards and fanfic sections lately (check out the kyp and jaina fanfics [Not of this fold; Agaonst all Odds] by Dantana Skywalker, just beautiful IMO), and have dropped in here from time to time.

as much as i thought that this was a good idea in the beginning, i think this project has gone down the drain.

with just a major lack or response from the members who have "joined" edmonton fanforce, i think its safe to say lets DROP IT, and spend our energies elsewhere.

Indy, no offense buddy, but i think that this is a lost cause, so just relax,nobodies gonna blame you for lack of effort, ok? :D ).

BTW, what did you think of traitor?
    i think its the most kick-ass SW novel EVER!!!!!!!!!

3. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Great to see you again Keru...

Sorry to see that you are leaving, but I'm not quite ready to give up the ghost just yet. They don't call me persistent for nothin... :)

Just remember that you are welcome to come on back if you like, and make sure you drop in and say hello every once in awhile... :)

May the Force be with you,

Indy

4. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I agree that we need to try and plan a rush event.... Try and pump some life into the city! Unfortunately, I'm still out of town until September....

I hope to be able to see the movie again when I get home, even if it is in the cheap theatre, because something is better than nothing.

However, I'm not there. I would still support the forming of an official chapter, and as such I would recommend attempting to see the movie, even if you have to phone up two friends and drag them to it... :)

5. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Dollar theaters???

Dollar theaters...

DOLLAR THEATERS!!!!!

Man the lack of sleep from 2 crying babies must have scrambled my brain, I COMPLETELY forgot about the cheapo theaters!!!!

Of course it is still possible that those theaters won't be allowed to show AotC because of lack of "proper equipment", but we should be good...

I guess not all will be lost after all... :) :) :)

Indy

6. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    O.K. I'm going to ramble a bit here but I figuer is all related so I'll throw it all in one post.

South Edmonton Common is a little out of the way on the bus so I'm for the idea of a dollar theater event, if more people show up. :p I have a few friends that if I brow beat them should count as a couple buts in the seat. :D

I don't think this is a lost cause yet, I think summer is a bad time to start clubs because everyone is off on wacky schedules and just have other things going on.

I was thinking maybe do the Trivia Challenge in person, in September or October (if we can come up with enough players and copies of the game for a tournament).

I was also thinking about different ways to get more faces around here. What do you guys think of posting notes at say UofA, and Grant MacEwan with the link? I'm afraid I'm not up on comic store etiquette, do they have bulletin boards? Anywhere else?

7. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    All very, very good points, Terry.

Summer is a tough time to get things like this going, people just don't spend as much time indoors and on their computers.

As far as the Trivia Challenge thing goes, I myself have a copy of the Trivial Pursuit game if that is what you mean. Or we could come up with our own game.

Posting some leaflets and stuff is a FANTASTIC idea. I will set up a redirect service so that the URL will be a bit shorter, and will be easier to write down. I'm not sure on the comic store thingy, don't visit them as much as I used to...

We could also hit Whyte Ave. and post up some leaflets, or pass out some flyers at the Fringe festival?

We could also try and print up some flyers or something and bring them to a screening of AotC when we do an event there, see if we can generate some intrest. Might have to get permission from the theater, but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

I think a REAL key thing that everybody can do is make their prescence known as much as they can. Even if they just say "Hi" on a thread, it lets everybody know that they are still around.

Visibility of our members is obviously important. If we don't become more active, we will simply die a quiet death... :(

I am sure we lost a few people other than major_jedi_failure because they just didn't see enough action going on, or got plain ole sick of seeing my name as the author of the first 17 posts on the board... I think I'm addicted... :D

May the Force be with you all,

Indy

8. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Quite Right! Ol' chap! We should probably wait until September to plan anything big.

9. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Ooooh, I like the idea of the the Fringe, lots of nutbars, just what we're looking for :)

10. General_Tekno

General_Tekno Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2001
    Cinema City 12 will probably show AOTC, as they showed the Special Edition (and they don't have THX i think!) and Episode 1.

11. Obi-Timbo

Obi-Timbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2001
    Well I'm a manager at Cinema City 12, I can say that we will be showing AOTC, if we get it before it comes out on video/dvd... :)
    Although it's not on any of our listings for August, so we'll see... We were sent posters and everything, so I don't see why it won't end up at our theatre.

Tim

12. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Most excellent!!!

:)

Indy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.