main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Edmonton Kids Day / Klondike days, Northlands Park July 25th

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TK-1780, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-1780

TK-1780 Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    Hey Guys

This is some info posted on our 501st forums page. I thought I would list it here and see if any of the Calgary crew might be able to make it up for this here in Edmonton.

I have included the details and can supply more if you need them. Just send me an email. tk1780@shaw.ca This event is similar to the one at the Stampede for the kids day only it is for kids with a lot of special needs, handicapted and in wheelchairs ect. I think this will be tremendous. Note the positive reviews we have recived from Calgary at the Stampede. Way to go guys Class Act !!!

Our numbers for this event in Edmonton are lacking due to the time of day this is on. If any of you can make it it would be great to see you out with us again.

Please let me know who all can come out to this. ASAP Please
    Ted

PS, I hope it was ok for me to post this message here, I just wanted to make sure you guys new about this and if any of you can come our way to help out it would be fantastic
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ted Willcock:

As to our conversation earlier today. We would be very interested to find out if your group would like to come down for our event held every year, at the North lands fair grounds.

Just to give you an idea of what this program is all about....this day is set aside when we host special needs children, ages 3 - 12 years old. These children and their guests arrive on the grounds at 8:30 a.m. (before the grounds open to the general public) and are greeted by mascots, clowns, enjoy some familyland rides, face painting, petting zoo etc. and are finally provided a hot lunch (hot dogs etc.) and before they leave the grounds, they receive a balloon, ice cream and a stuffed toy - compliments of Conklin Shows (midway operator).

We also have numerous volunteers and community organizations such as: Edmonton Police, CFB Edmonton - One Field Ambulance, Edmonton Emergency Response, Klondike Kate, and of course the Edmonton Eskimos and numerous sponsors that are involved with this annual, one of a kind, unique event for these special needs children.

The program starts at 8:30 a.m. and winds up close to noon, when the grounds open to the general public.

We allready have 475 special needs children registerd to attend, parents and other siblings will be attending along with them ( Update: now over 1000 registerd, Ted)

Comments about your group have reached us from the Calgary Stampede and the comments about how your group interacts with children is incredible. It would mean a great deal to the children if your group can attend.

Northlands will as I told you on the phone, provide you with parking passes and if you desire to stay and enjoy the fair grounds after this has concluded

Joanita F--------
    Event Coordinator

www.northlands.com
    Klondike Days - July 21 - 30, 2005
    Farmfair International - November 5 - 13, 2005
    Canadian Finals Rodeo - November 9 - 13, 2005

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    This would be a great event. Unfortunatly it being a monday there is no way I can get it off with this short notice.

As for posting events here NO PROBLEM. Its great that both our groups get a long so well. I have read on other FF boards that there are some group that can't come within 50 feet of one another without bickering.

Ryan

3. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Absolutely. I'm really glad to hear about events like this!

Unfortunately, DrHaggis and I will not be able to attend, either (we're in Las Vegas from Friday till Tuesday).

I've already made notes for next year, though; I'll request to have the Stampede Parade day and BMO Kids day off, as well as possibly the K-days parade, and this particular event for next year.

4. Jordain

Jordain Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2003
    I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to Edmonton...it is such a priviledge to be involved in events such as this one. I would love to some next year...hopefully I'll have some armour by then! ^_^

5. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    It sounds like such a worthwhile event - I wish I could make it. But alas, I'm not able to get the day off either :oops: Thanks for inviting us - hopefully our inability to attend won't affect future invitations for outings....

6. Magpie Jen

Magpie Jen Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 19, 1999
    We go up to Edmonton fairly often, so there's always the chance we might have been able to make an event up there! But I don't think it'll work out this time. Like others have said before me - thanks muchly for the invite!
    Jen

7. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    The pics are posted up in the gallery section if anyone is interested on the Badlands site.

8. TK-1780

TK-1780 Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    Hey Guys

Dave ( you goof Redeyeho) The event is this monday. The thing we were at on Thursday was the Mascot kids day. But again Great pics are up in the gallery.
    Guys this was very short notice to us at the 501 as well, so no worrys about not being able to make it. And you guys are more than welcome for the invite.

I wont overloadthe message boards here with event info or anything, but when you guys have a chance check our own forums tosee if we have something coming up. Just in case we forget to make it an official invite to all of you here. You can check the forums at any time and see what we have listed in our events section, without having to sign in or become a member.

Again thanks for checking your schedules gang. If any one can make it please PM me and I will give you my cell # ect as to how to contact me. I have parking passes, lunch passes and admitance passes for anyone who can make it up.

Note we did the pre parade for K-days here in Edm yesterday We had 3 Jedi from the EDM FF come out with us. Steve, Jason and Conner. Plus we had 3 Troopers & 1 Scout ( old Redeye himself) our Squad CommanderAngela as B Fett along with our very own Mara Jade. It was a blast, same kind of response from the parade in Calgary and the kids day event, just over whelming support.

Anyways gang, thanks again.
    Ted : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.