main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Edmonton Toy and Comic Show 2006

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Hey guys!

I received an email that was also apparently sent to John about the show this coming year. Shane Turgeon wants to know if our two groups would like to share a table - at no cost in thanks for our two groups support of his show every year.

Anyone interested? Anyone with any ideas for a kickbutt table?

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    that sounds great

3. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    That's really cool of him, I think it's a great idea.
    Shanna should bring the Lego, it would make a fantastic display item. With a big sign, Display Only, Touch On Pain Of Death! though. :p
    Redoing the picture board is on my to-do list, I have to get more recent shots printed up and cull some as well.

4. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    We actually talked about this briefly at the meeting at the beginning of December, and everybody seemed to like the idea.

5. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    absoflogginlutly!

6. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    sounds cool :cool:

banana :cool:

7. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    so up for it!!!, we can bring soem unleashed figures and soem pics from c3 and costumes and tons of cool stuff . Do we have a date for the show yet?

8. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    No date as far as I know yet....but I'm sure John and I will be emailed again as soon as Shane has that nailed down.

All of your ideas sound fabulous!

9. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    I hope my TIE pilot cosume will be done by then.

10. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Now which MR to bring?..............

I can show people a pic of Darth Maul and say 'ya see that hand?.....'

lol

11. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    We got a date on this one March 12th... its a Sunday.

http://www.edtoyshow.com/

I remember how fun it was the last two years. And I think i actually have a couple things to sell too...

12. Achilles_of_Edmonton

Achilles_of_Edmonton Jedi Youngling star 4

May 13, 2005
    Jay and I have those 3 ft by 6 ft banners of Kenobi and Vader we could bring. They are very visually impressive and would stand out tremendously.

It's a good way to show Bryan Arendts work who will be doiing a series of banners for SOTR.

13. SHAAK_GG

SHAAK_GG Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2005
    Looks fun indeed:) I will try and have my Jedi costume done by then.

14. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    march 12?.sunday........crap I work. I'll talk to my boss today and see if I can get it switched or something

I'm gonna be upset if I miss this

15. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    ok talked to my boss I should be able to make it I think

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    since we're already meeting friday to discuss forcefest it might be a good time to also discuss the toy and comic show, what we want to have set up on the table etc. we also need to look at getting those new flyers and business cards done before then.

17. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    J. reminded me, anyone with pictures to contribute to the photo board, can you get them to me, in any format please? I'd rather not have to worry about origionals so if you're contributing prints, make sure it's a copy. Also email them to me, geekgirl76@shaw.ca

Shanna, If we are really nice and help you rebuild it, can we use the star destroyer or not?

18. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I think we might have to chip in and get a second table, there's lots were all wanting to bring, unleashed, r2 maybe sabers and those banners but I keep forgetting it's one table and there's between us and the 501's gonna be alot lol maybe we should all chip in and get a second table so were not all crouched together?

19. Greeblie

Greeblie Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Can i come ?

20. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    Ask your Dad

21. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    You know.....us 501st folks were thinking of getting a table of our own just for that reason. With the amount of stuff that you guys are thinking of....and then the stuff we are thinking of....there just might not be room! Perhaps Shane would be in to giving us each a table at half the cost instead of one table at no cost. Might just make things a little easier.....

22. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    That is a good idea Angela, i'll send him an email and see what he thinks... :)

23. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    So I talked to Shane yesterday and he's going to put us side by side on the wall to your left...I think it was left....when you come in the door. Tables 68 and 69 I believe they are. Everyone okay with paying for half a table? Each group would pay $25.00 instead of the full $50.00. Let me know if that works.

Shane is hoping that the two groups can come up with some kick butt tables and I said that you guys already had some fabulous ideas!

He's opened up the room he normally gives us for changin' in as a second dealer hall but he has arranged for a smaller meeting room for us to change and store gear in. If it's REALLY small we might have to change in shifts because of all of our bulky containers, but we'll figure it out.

Shane mentioned that there isn't a whole lot of room behind these tables. I'm pretty sure I remember what ones he was talking about from last year and I think there was enough room to get chairs behind there so we should be fine.

Last year we made an attempt to all get together after the show but because we started planning late etc. and people had to drive back to Calgary only some of us went. How does everyone feel about meeting before hand for breakfast?

24. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Sure. I'd be up for breakfast. :)

So it's $25 per table, or $50?

25. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    price sounds good, so does breakfast :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.