Edmonton Toy & Comic Show - Thanks to all who made it!

Discussion in 'Edmonton, AB' started by Rogue_Thunder, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  2. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Berx Games night might not happen

Lanie can't make it cause...I still can't believe it but am extremely happy for the guy, because he has a date.

However I have plenty of time to myself these days so if ya wanna catch a movie or something that's cool

3. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    That's cool, but what about the meeting? Actually, since it's probably only going to be the two of us now, then we can just talk about it when we hang out on Sunday. If anyone else can make it they're welcome to join us.
  4. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I mean were pretty much set there. Just gonna have soem flyers and cards on the table. I still have to post at the legion about the event, seee who is coming, who isn't, if anyone is bringing anything etc,

5. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Guys sounds like tables will 30.00 or under. I'll post it at the RL boards this weekend and see who is or possibly coming. I don't think the fan force cost would be that huge since there isn't really alot from the ff that needs to go on the table

6. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Sounds good. Let me know how much you want FF to chip in. I don't know now if I'll be going 100% for sure, but so far it looks good.
  7. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    Should be a good show this year. IMO, it has been getting better each year. :)
  8. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah there are a few things I'll be selling too but no prob Berx. Hopefully you can make it

Yeah Jarett just gotta get those tabbards done boy

9. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes we do. We should get together on MSN and get down to business on those.
  10. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah either I have to get the material from nicole and someone will have to do the finish detals like hooks and velcro. Or you need to send the outfit to me if you can't make it here before the show and we'll have to make them and use a dress form as the model, which should work fine. But first need the material from Nicole.

Were down to three weeks

11. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, we will make it work. We should chat about it this week, or I will send you an email or something so we can figure things out.

So, I have been falling in and out of the discussion about the toy show. At the table, are we advertising the EFF or Outrider Base? Or both?
  12. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah Nicole says she's started your other set and has the toy show weekend off so you can be there the night before to finish them and we can all meet there early or get lifts etc.

The EFF will have soem cards and flyers displayed on the table, it won't be anything huge, which is a good idea cause it keeps people from confusing the groups and letting the ff start small, berx if he's there can answer questions about differences it the group. Jarrett because your not a full RL member as of yet you can help in that area too though everyone one no matter what group designation is more the welcome at the RL Table.

13. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Well for awhile it was about a 0% chance I would be going, but now it's up to 90-95% chance I'll be there.
  14. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Great to hear that man, bout bloody time :)

15. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Should be a fun time. I'm still not sure how much stuff will be going on the table as I haven't heard back from any RL people on if anyone else besides myself is displaying anything.

17. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    What time are we going to start setting up?
  18. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Sey up time is between 7-9 am so probably 8-8:30 or so so we can maybe look around first lol

19. SHAAK_GG Jedi Master

star 4
    Great event, had a lot of fun!
  20. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I'd say it was a pretty awesome event, lots of people popping by and fun stuff everywhere
  21. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Yeah it was a good time. It's unfortunate I wasn't able to get any fanforce stuff done up for the table, but that's the way things are going now. Hopefully we'll have a bigger presence next year.
  22. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah man working on it. Edmonton just seems more like a quieter city in this sort of thing then Cowtown.

23. bratboy_y2k Jedi Knight

hey folks im pretty pissed that i couldnt make it but work got in the way. thats what happens when you eat what you kill. too busy working on a clients issues and a proposal for an engineering company that we present tomorrow. i suspect it was fun. hope to catch you all at the next event.

as for the sci fi bbq i noticed the pure speculation website is now down but i put up a post on their facebook. it would be so cool to get 50 people out for one. mabye im dreaming but hey gotta thing big right?
  24. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey man, No troubles hopefully next time. It's always great to meet others intrestedin sci fi or any other intrests honestly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.