main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Edmontooine.com... Suggestions needed and Website Survey inside, please read and respond...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Okay, I am looking to set up some new things on the website, including our very own host so that we can get off angelfire and get rid of those damn annoying pop ups.

So, there are some questions that need to be asked and answered about hosting and the site in general.

1. Should I even bother? Does the website really serve a practical purpose?

2. Do you guys want your own @edmontooine.com email addresses?

3. Are you willing to donate a couple of dollars for domain name registration (renewal is coming up soon)

4. What feature/section on the website is your favorite?

5. What feature/section on the website can we do without?

6. If you could suggest ANYTHING at all to enhance our website, what would it be.

7. What changes to our website would you make?

8. Do you think the website needs a facelift or new format, or do you like it as it is? (Or something in between)

9. Do you have any other suggestions to make our website better?
    [/blockquote]

I have already decided on a few changes (getting rid of the generic Edmonton FanForce banners is the main one as well as changing some of the graphics and stuff) but I want everybody's input on this. I am going to have to do some reworking to put our site on the new server, so if I am going to be editing pages anyways, I might as well do everything all at once... :)

If we opt to make some changes, I was thinking on doing some "themes" to the website, such as Sith (which would be mostly red and black and such) or Princesses and Queens (which would be muted pastels and nice soft graphics and stuff). You could then set whatever theme you want to "view" the site in - but this would be ALOT of work to do, and if people don't really care either way, then I will save myself the time and effort.

[b]I really need everybody's input on this, so take a few minutes PLEASE and let me know what you think, good or bad...[/b] :)

Thanks!!!

Indy

2. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    M'kay... I'll try and answer these as best I can, but it's late so I might hafto come back to it tomorrow.

1. Yes, most ff's have there own website. It's a place for people to have a community away from the boards. Like the creative talent page is a good example

2. Doesn't matter either which way. Would be cool, but I have so many email addresses now so...

3. Sure, when and how much?

4. The creative talent pages (if more people would contribute) and the photo gallery.

5. None that I can think of off the top of my head

6. I'll come back to this one tomorrow... it's late :)

7. See above.

8. I think the ideas for the themes is cool. Other than that though the format is good but it could use a few tweaks. I'll have some suggestiong above tomorrow

9. See above

3. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Hmmmm....I'm ALL for getting rid of those dang pop ups, but I hate to see anyone put a lot of work and effort into something for nothing. I think the site looks great now. But, as with anything, I'm sure there is always room for improvement. I agree....more creative stuff would be great. Costuming ideas maybe? Gallery of failed costume pics.....~groan~ I've got a few Amidala headpieces I could contribute to that. Maybe some sort of "bio" of each person to give a brief idea of their collections..wish lists....what kind of talents they have that might be useful to other board members...like sewing or the like. ~shrugging~ I don't know....just some rammbling thoughts.

4. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    One this that I seem to enjoy is the layout and multiple colour scheme of the theforce.net (and these boards). If we had multiple themes, then it would be easier to rotate them on a weekly or monthly basis, rather than having to set it up that everyone has their own "personal" theme. Some things that would be cool to see are shockwave/flash animations or banners, as well as javascript menus.

As long as we are willing to spend regular amounts of time at our site as well as on these boards, along with promoting our site on a regular basis, then it would probably be in our best interests to get our site hosted.

I've run out of thoughts/ideas for the time being so I'll leave it here....

5. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I like the way it looks now, but I really wouldn't mind seeing the end of those pop ups so I would be willing to help out on the funding front. I don't think the "Themes" idea is really nessasary, it would be a lot of work for something none essential, but I like Steve's idea about rotating it on the actual site, (maybe for holidays like they do on FF.net) I like the creative end of it, (I have some costuming contributions I thought about sending in) As far as the e-mail it would be fun but I think I also have too many already and probably wouldn't end up using it.
    If I think of anything else when my brain is less fluffy I'll definately let you know.

6. Tohrgan_Fex

Tohrgan_Fex Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2002
    Like I mentioned at Starbucks, I like to see more photos up.

Once we get the RPG going, you could put some of the RPG stuff on there too.

Of course, once we get the fanfilm on the go, a section for it. We don't have to wait until the film itself is made, either. You could have progress updates, photos/films of the making, as well as comedic outtakes.

7. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    heh, yeah is there anything that would fall into 'comedic' outtakes from the footage we have so far?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.