main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Edmontooine's BIG EVENT, Saturday February 8th... all day, all night.. all FUN

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Well judging by what I have heard from talking to folks, and what was posted in our previous thread, Feb 8th seems to be the best day for our BIG EVENT. So that is what day it will be.

We have had mega suggestions as to what to do, anything from Ice Skating at WEM, bowling, mini-golfing, seeing a movie, playing board games, watching movies, going for dinner, hitting Playdium, going to Laser Quest... you name it, it has been suggested.

So what would you folks like to do most? I am really looking forward to having the whole day and evening/night to spend with you guys, so we should be able to fit all kinds of fun in there, it all depends on what YOU guys want to do.

So post what your preferences are/will be, and we can work out a schedule of events for Saturday!!!

I know that not everybody will be able to make it all day or to all activities, and that is cool. We can try to work out a tentative schedule of what we are doing and when and you can join or leave at your convenience... I will also have a cell-phone with me so you can call and confirm where we are at the time.

Thoughts? Comments?

Indy

2. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Well I have that whole day off, so i'll be there from dust till dawn ;)

As for what to do, Im up for anything. I'd like to go skating and maybe play some pool at Red's or play some mini golf. But anything is fine :) Maybe we could even end up at my place playing some Epic Duels? ;)

But ya, this is the "Big One" so you ALL better show up! ;)

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I can't skate, lol. But there's no reason i can't just sit and watch you guys. As for the rest of the day gateway lanes has cheap lasertag and bowling for groups. Just a suggestion cause i'm up for anything and everything :)

4. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    Sounds awesome! The bowling/laser tag sounds like fun...and I think we should do a movie night too. Watch the original trilogy or something! I wouldn't mind hosting the movie night if you're all up for that.

JawaGirl :)

5. spottcat211

spottcat211 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 27, 2002
    Hmm... I am not big on skating, so I would probablly join Berx on the sidelies. I would be up for a game of cards with him if he wanted...

Edit:

I enjoy bowling, lasertag, I am up for a movie night, and I would love to play some epic duels, so I am pretty flexible. Also I am free ALL day, so I will be there from beginning to end... I might need a ride home if it is late though (as in after 9:30-10:00PM).

-Spot

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Suh-weeeet. Who wants to call gateway lanes? I would but i'm online :)

7. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm open to pretty much anything, as long as it is relatively cheap! I'm a poor university student you know...

8. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I'll make it if I can :).

9. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm up for just about anything, I have new skates that I haven't used yet. (I haven't been on skates in about 10 years so it should be interesting :)
    I've never bowled in my life but I'll try anything once. I may need a ride if we're going to Gateway though.

10. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Well from the sounds of things, looks like we are going to try skating, some Mini-Golf, and possibly hit Reds for some bowling/billiards/air hockey. Then it will be off to Tavia and Mindy's place for movies on the BIG TV and some board games... probably Cranium and Catchphrase... although I am sure that a few games of Star Wars Trivial Pursuit or Epic Duels could break out at any moment over the course of the evening... :)

So everybody, please bring snacks and stuff with you, or plan to pick some up on the way so that we don't burden Mindy and Tavia with having to supply stuff for us.

See you all on Saturday, and may the Force be with you!!!

Indy

11. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Just what time on Saturday? And where?
    Give me those, and I'll be there...

12. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    11:30 AM Ice Palace Entrance.

How does that sound?

13. JawaGirl

Sep 19, 2002
    Hey! I thought you said I get to sleep in ;)
    Just kidding, sounds great!

I'll be driving so after we're done at the mall I'll have room for 1-2 people to take to my place (excluding Tav and Danny). So any of you busers that would like a ride from the mall to my place just let me know. I can always make two trips if need be - I imagine both Indy and I will be driving.

Sweet!!!

14. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    I'll be one of the ones needing a ride from the mall. I assume that I'll need to remember my skates... ;)

15. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    I'll need a ride from the mall as well :)
    What buses go by your place Mindy?

16. JawaGirl

Sep 19, 2002
    The 109 and it sucks! I can always give you a ride to the transit station if that makes it easier for you to get home.

17. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    As could I... :)

Indy

18. fingthething

Nov 6, 2001
    So is it settled? 11:30 Ice Palace?

19. spottcat211

Jul 27, 2002
    Sounds good to me... Is Berx gonna be there... Mebbe I could convince Fing to bring epic duels to play on the sidelines... You guys would just have to resist the temptation to join us :).

20. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    [Force_persuaision] You will skate with us...[/Force_persuaision]

21. spottcat211

Jul 27, 2002
    LOL...

I don't think so... First of all I don't have any skates, and second of all I am a very poor skater...

22. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Come on Spot, If I'm going to make a fool out of myself you can too. :p besides you can rent them there (or at least you could 10 years ago)
    As for the busing the 109 actually isn't the worst route in the city and it will get me to J.P. so unless we run till after 10 I should be fine :)

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I will be there but there's NO WAY anyone's gettin me to skate (c'mon... i dare ya just try me ;) ). I might be a little late joining up though so i'll call john's cell (if he has it on him then) to find out where youy guys are. See you all there. can't wait :)

24. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    You guys GOTTA come skating... :D

As far as what time we should meet, we should probably confirm what time they actually have public skating on Saturday.

If I get back to my desk tommorow (man I miss the internet during the day) I will try and phone them, but if any of you have a chance tommorow, please do and let us know what they say here.

I should have my cell with me Berkley, so give a ring whenever... :)

As far as a ride Terry, I am sure we will be able to arrange something to get you home easier... ;)

Indy

25. JawaGirl

Sep 19, 2002
    Looking forward to the big event!

I'll check the times for skating tomorrow and let you all know the low down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.