main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Edric's Happy Little Line Against the Dark Lounge

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Edric-The-White, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    I just finished watching the original Buck Rogers Serial starring Buster Crabbe.

Now, that is a fun little show to watch. What is fun is that it is a neat look into the world of the 1930's as well as a look at how the people in the 1930's saw the future.

Now, I wish someone would bring back the serial concept (ala the Clone Wars) only with live action. I think it would be cool if some studio would come up with a movie, film it, then cut it into 12 parts that would play across, well the summer months (May, June, July). Now, that would be something.

See ya,
    Edric

2. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    How about Speculative Fiction?

3. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    You were talking about cartoons when you were a kid. I was looking thru Transformers info on Wikipedia and I came across one of my most exciting moments of childhood cartoonery...

The introduction of The Aerialbots and The Stunticons.

The Autobots could never fly and the Decepticons didn't have automobiles. I remember the Aerialbot leader, a Concorde jet, was made out of a low altitude shuttle so he was afraid of heights.

I never got them as a kid but damn they were cool as hades. :cool:

4. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    capt: Speculative Fiction - sounds good.

Mike-El - I vaguely recall those. I think that an Enterprise Transformer that turns into Capt. Kirk would be sweet.

Edric

5. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    *Now, here's something you'll really like*

As you may know, I like The Green Lantern. For those of you who do not know about the Green Lantern Corps, please google it.

If I were given 1 zillion dollars and told to make a GL Movie, here is how the first sequence will go.

GL is on a planet fighting an army of alien baddies. He flys up to the top of a ridge, a missle explodes beneath him, and all is looks hopeless. As the evil aliens come over to see the body, the soung "California Girls" starts playing and GL, on a green surfboard that his ring created, pops up, hits the bad aliens, and he decends the side of the ridge riding green water with green sharks flying ahead attacking the bad aliens.

*note, I also like A View to a Kill*

Would that be sweet? Now, can anyone come up with an opening or ending sequence to a movie you would like to make if given 1 zillion dollars?

Enjoy,
    Edric

6. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Ever wonder what it would be like to be in total control of your own TV Station?

Because of my rather large DVD library, I could do it.
    For example, on WEDRC TV 36 1/2 we had the following line up:

6-7pm Star Trek The Next Generation "Birthright Part I"
    7-8pm Battlestar Galactica "Captain's Hand"
    8-9pm Justice League Unlimited
    9:30pm Fireside Chat With Edric
    9:30-10Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe Chapter II

I'd buy ad space!

Edric

7. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Is that.....legal?

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Yo momma will make it legal! :p

9. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Remember, this is sort of the "make believe" lounge. :)

Have as nice Thursday all!

Edric

10. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Wow, in 24 hours I will be heading home for the weekend, listening to Flashback Weekend on 104.1 WIKY and getting ready for pizza, Flash Gordon, and painting a picture!

Ye ha,
    Edric

PS We need to plan a geek's day out, or something. In my travels, I discovered that Barnes and Nobles is a great place to be on Saturday at Sunset. Anybody interested in meeting for coffee and scones or something sometime? Just a thought.

11. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Always good to have something to look forward to. Gotta love the weekends! And vacations, too. :)

12. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    I have decided that my painting will be of something normal. A mountain, lake, and trees. The old standby.

I wish I could figure out how to upload my seascape. You all may find is mildly amusing.

Peace,

Edric

13. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    T-Minue 14 hours 29 minutes until the weekend and all the cool songs on 104.1!

Edric

14. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    My mom thinks all the songs on 104.1 are cool. They played every morning during breakfast for my entire childhood. As a result, I know every word to most of the songs Chicago ever did.

If you leave me now....[face_whistling] [face_whistling]

15. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    You could at least snap a photo of it and post that. PRobably wouldn't do it justice, but at least we'd get the idea.

Bring your artwork to the GMs too. I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't mind seeing new stuff you've done.

16. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    ^^ I'll do that. Can you cut and paste a picture here?

Anyway, I am home. 2 days off. Almost time for Flash. Life is good. I decided that since Star Trek Fans are called Trekkers, a fan of Flash Gordon is a Flasher. So, I guess that makes me a Flasher???????????

Peace,
    Edric

17. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Wow, what a groovy episode of Flash. I hope they make action figures. I want an action figure of Dale Arden.....you know, only to complete the collection if they make one......

Edric

18. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Just picked up the new Kate Beckinsale Thriller Vacancy!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow......I'm a happy camper.

Also, did a painting this morning around 5am that turned out good.

Every other Saturday at 5 am my muse must be on the clock cause I've done some fair work recently.

I'll update on Kate's movie later.......

Edric

19. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Update on Vacancy:

Well, Vacancy was a pretty okay movie. Not much greatness can come from a good old fashioned slasher/thriller. But, Kate B. was in it, so that bumps it up a notch.

The greatness came from a little DVD called Dr. Strange. Simply put, if you like comics or Dr. Strange or just a great tale that tales a character from the top to rock bottom to the top again
    YOU MUST VIEW THIS PICTURE!

You'll enjoy it.

Trust me,
    Edric

20. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Gang,

Well, here we go again. The pain in my gut and frequent dashes to the restroom tell me that the weekend is nearly over and Monday is soon upon us. I am off this Thursday, which means I have to work Saturday which is not that great.

Something truly remarkable happened, this weekend. Saturday, after a walk, I sat on the porch, listening to Journey, drinking an orange pop and reading a comic book (Adam Strange in Mystery in Space, FYI) I honestly felt like I did back in the 80s when I did not have the concerns I have now and a really difficult working environment. Almost like a time warp. Anybody else have something that they do which gives them the same feelings?

Anyway, I hope you all have a swell week. I suppose I can deal with the gut ache until Saturday at around 2pm.

Peace,
    Edric

21. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Well,
    We have made it past Monday! How did we do it!
    The New Trek Book: Resistance was on my doorstep, so that was cool. I'm expecting Inferno any day now, more cool

Later,
    Edric

22. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Well, we are past Tuesday!

Tomorrow is the middle of the work week. It all tends to run together for me.

23. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Monday is my favorite workday. The barn is closed to the public, so almost no one is here and I can get things done.

24. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    Believe it or not, in some ways, my least favorite day is Friday, especially after a Thursday that I am off. It just seems hectic. Mondays are just depressing because it seems the weekend is an eternity away.

Edric

25. Edric-The-White

Apr 5, 2005
    WOW AND GOLLY GEE!

Last night's Flash Gordon was totally WIZARD!

I mean, Flash's buddy got bit by a nasty Bug from Mongol and he and some hot bounty hunter had to go off and get the cure and it was like totally crazy!

You know, George Lucas was inspired by the serials of yesteryear. You can certainly see the influence.

This is really a show that someone should watch if they just want to enjoy sci-fi for the fun that you can have with it rather than all the twisted convoluted commentary on today's social-political landscape. I mean, jeez, that is all well and good but that is for CNN!

Peace,
    Edric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.