Edric's Happy Little Line Against the Dark Lounge

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by Edric-The-White, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoosierTrooper Force Ghost

star 3
    I have really gotten to like the new Flash Gordon. His (kinda) girlfriend is hot, its not too serious, and it seems to be getting better since the pilot. I wouldn't call it great television, but there isn't much better on TV right now. At least not until BSG comes back on.
  2. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    What??!! the guy who couldn't cut it as Lana's boyfriend is Flash Gordon??

Saw a coupla clips and an interview online...looks decent...very Smallville-esque :)
  3. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    Starship Troopers the movie was originally called "Bug Hunt".
    the suits said, "change this and this and call it Starship Troopers."
    This is what they have done to Flash. It's generic sci-fi crap labeled "Flash Gordon". If you believe this is Flash Gordon then you'll probably be totally enraptured by "Megasnake".
  4. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    At least with all this sci-crap MST3K will have lots of new material to work with in the future.
  5. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    Do you break in studs or something?

Why do I get the feeling that half the members of this FF sighed in awe of that thought. =P~
  6. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
  7. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    I agree about the movies on sci-fi, they are not really that great.

Flash Gordon is not the Buster Crabbe version or even the Sam Jones version. However, it is a fun little show. I have to admit, I am not to keen on the current version's take on Ming. But, hey, the classic version would only work if they were stuck on Mongol and did not go back and forth to Earth.

Peace,
    Edric
  8. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    So, get this.

My time to oil paint is every other Saturday at about 4 - 9 in the morning. That is when I am in the zone.

Sunday afternoons are not good for me. Today, however, I decided to give it a try. I used an easel that was passed onto me by a brilliant artist who recently passed away. By gosh, I did two paintings that turned out well. One was a spacescape, which always give me trouble.

I have a feeling that Ralph's easel has some of his talent in it that is helping me out!

Have a nice week, all.

Edric
  9. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, that can actually work. Just knowing you're working with something that someone before you has created with ... a LOT :p
  10. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah, it was a strange (good strange) experience working on his easel. I never stopped to think about how it would feel to use another painter's (especially someone as accomplished as Ralph) easel. It was sort of like if another knight had found and used Arthur's Excalibur.

Edric
  11. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    No, it's an English style Hunter/Jumper training facility. I'm just the Office Manager. (Horses create a helluva lot more paperwork than I ever would have imagined.)

And alas, my stud breaking days are over. I'm a hitched woman now. ;)
  12. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well, they announced the celebirty dancers for DWTS. Ulkesh2 this otta make you happy - Jane Seymour from the first Galactica will be on. Oh, wait, that show wasn't dark and depressing, so I guess you never watched it..... :)

Also, my favorite dancer, Julianne, got paired off with some goof ball race car driver...Helio something or other. She should get someone kwel like Scott Bakula from Star Trek Enterprise or the new Flash, or Richard Dean Anderson from Stargate.

Peace,

Edric
  13. HoosierTrooper Force Ghost

star 3
    This image was posted over on Rebelscum and gave me a chuckle.

[image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2007/SW-Labor-Day-2007.jpg]
  14. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's funny. I always wondered what storm troopers did to relax!
    Edric
  15. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought they all packed fudge. Or is that just Cole?
  16. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    That was good. I'm going to look at TRU or Target for my "battle pack" that includes a raft, ice cream, watermelon, and sunglasses!!
  17. HoosierTrooper Force Ghost

star 3
    Always two there are....
  18. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    I know that I am now old.

Warning signs were:

(1) Drinking more than one Sunkist in a 2 hour time period makes me sick.

(2) I get more Marvel Essentials and DC Showcase Omnibus editions than current comics.

(3) I spend more time looking at the old time movies. Got the entire 1954-55 Sherlock Holmes series for $7.50.

Finally, the kicker:

(4) I was flipping stations on the radio today and it was a toss up between Nickleback and Neil Diamond. Guess who I picked to listen to......

Edric,
    a.k.a. Old Cuss
  19. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    I've got neckties older than you are.
  20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Anyone with taste in music would pick the same, Stevie.
  21. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I guess that counts me out then. I like Nickelback.
  22. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Which song is your favorite, the one, or the other one? They've only got TWO :p
  23. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, they have 50, and that doesn't even include the collaboration for Hero.

I like everything that's been played on the radio:
    If every one cared
    Rockstar
    Photograph
    Feeling way too damn good
    Figured you out
    How you remind me
    and Hero

:p
  24. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow. It has been a busy month. I've had to resort to ordering my comics on line as I hardly can get to Evansville. Between family matters, work, painting, and getting ready to do a painting demo, I have been buried.

So buried, in fact, that I believe I am crazy. There is a new gaming shop in Jasper (Jasper has only one genre friendly shop and that is a stretch) so I went in today just to see what they had. The guy seemed so in need of a sale that I bought a four piece Halo three action figure set by Gentle Giant. I hardly know what Halo is. I did it to be nice. Usually, I fake a phone call so I can leave without buying something when this happens.

Oh, well.

Anyho, Jasper may not have much in terms of comics and action figures, but I did snag the concept Vader, female Luke, Darth Malak, and pre-cyborg General Grievous last week, so that was sweet.

Take care, all. Someday, I would like to hang out either at a BC or GM.

Edric
  25. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    Don't forget about the CC and the CC too!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.