Edric's Happy Little Line Against the Dark Lounge

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by Edric-The-White, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    Or you could have a BM like I just did.
  2. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    I won't forget the CC!

Well, in less than two hours, Dancing with the Stars will be on - HOORAY!

Of course, I am looking most forward to the season premiere of Stargate Atlantis.

Edric
  3. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    Smallville season premiere...3 days and counting...

:D
  4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
  5. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Bionic Woman - Wednesday & Friday! :)

Anyone know when Dresden Files is coming back to Sci-Fi?
  6. WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Master

star 4
    I gotta say...the trailer (preview) for the Bionic Woman looks good. I'm eager to check it out.

So much TV...so little time. :)
  7. Ulkesh2 Jedi Master

star 4
    Last I read the Dresden Files was cancelled. That stinking chunk of crap known as Flash Gordon took its place. Hopefully 'Crap' Gordon will be dropped soon. Looks like Caprica (BG's prequel) might be heading our way after all. By the way Red have you seen the preview of SFC's Tin Man tv-movie?
  8. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm looking forward to the Bionic Woman. She looks a lot nicer than Anakin did when he went Bionic.

Edric.

PS: FLASH GORDAN IS KWEEEEELLL! :)
  9. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh for the love of Pete!! They replaced Dresden with Flash?!?! Someone shoot me now.

Y'all know I pretty much like anything out there, no matter the cheesy factor, but even *I* can't get into the new Flash Gordon. Sorry Steve, but I have to agree with Kesh on this one, Flash is a stinking pile of poodoo. The acting (as well as the supposed plots) is horrid. Not cheesy, just horrid. Cheesy I can find amusing. It's just an over-sexed, bubble-gum pop-culture, "New Sci-Fi Channel" version of a wonderfully delightful and endearing weekend Cheese movie and radio show. Next thing you know, they'll try to redo Conan, or some such non-sense. BSG is the only decent re-make of a classic show that's even been worth the paper it was written on. JMNSHO.
  10. Mike-El Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have to agree, I realy tried to get into Flash Gordon but it was pretty miserable. The good thing is that since it sucks so much then we might get to see a "proper" version of it later.
  11. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sci-Fi Dramadies are always a tough sell. I think it is cute, but it is definitely not going to go down as a classic like Trek, Wars, B-5 etc.

Speaking of new shows. I preface this by saying this is just my idea. If anyone liked it, great. I respect your stand. However, I was disappointed big time in the Bionic Woman. I just....well, hated it. I found the plot lacking and the characters uninteresting. Even Katie S. from BG did not inspire me to tune in next week. I feel that she has been typecast. She can play a character like Starbuck and that is about it.

Well, this season of TV will be like last. 1) Dancing with the Stars 2) Stargate Atlantis 3) Battlestar Galactica. Smallville and Supernatural would be on the list, but I do not get the CW and have to wait for the boxed sets. Otherwise, those two shows would take place 1 and 3 respectively.

Peace,
    Edric
  12. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    As long as they don't try Buck Rogers. If they wussed out Buck like they did Flash, there would be hell to pay. I hate the new Flash. If Sam Jones were dead, he would be spinning in his grave. The most evil of all things they did to Flash was have someone redo Queen's "Flash" song. That was just sick and wrong...
  13. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    Has anyone read "Armageddon 2419 AD"? Or read any of the comic strips for Buck? I was REALLY disappointed in their turning it into a BSG clone.
  14. yoda_pimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    Better than a Flash clone...
  15. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    I kinda agree. I think as a Pilot, it was rather weak (explained too much about some things too soon, and not enough about other things that should have been explained up front, in my opinion), but I do see potential in it if they can work out the kinks. I'm curios to see what all enhancements she received. I was pleasantly surprised to see Starbuck and Tyrol though (and yeah, you may be right about the typecasting with Katie). At least we know they'll have work post BSG. :)
  16. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    It has potential. Sadly, in today's viewing world a pilot has like one chance to catch or the project is sunk. It is not like the good old days when we just had 3 networks and PBS, most of which did not have any sci-fi to choose from so we had to stick with what we had. TNG, for example, probably would not have lasted past its second season and only did because it was the only game in town. Fortunately, it improved so it was good that it lasted.

Edric
  17. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    BIG NEWS:

We are coming up on the 100th Post. Whoever that person is gets a prize. I will bring it at the next GM that I am able to attend.

Edric
  18. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    If it's me, will you ship it to me? ;)
  19. Edric-The-White Jedi Knight

star 2
    Of course. It will be a painting. I thought it might be cool to give a nice, normal, oil-painting. Whoever gets it can give it as a gift to someone they don't know what to get something for.

Edric, Master of Happy Trees
  20. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    don't forget the happy little squirells. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.