main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edutopia: The George Lucas Educational Foundation

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JohnWesleyDowney, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    Lucas has been at work on enhancing education for a long time.
    Here's a whole other side to the man. Here's some topics from his educational website:

Mr. Lucas Goes to Washington: Edutopia's Founder Advocates Telecom Access For All (2008)
    The chairman of The George Lucas Educational Foundation urges Congress to expand Internet discounts for schools.

Educating Hearts and Minds: An Interview with George Lucas (2007)
    George Lucas and Daniel Goleman discuss the many ways that social and emotional learning enhance the education process.

George Lucas: What Education Means to Me (2003)
    "I've been interested in education for many years now, with vivid memories of my boyhood growing up in Modesto, California. Frankly, I was not very engaged in my classes; in fact, as a boy, I liked to daydream and write stories."

Classrooms Without Borders: A Worldwide Learning Environment (2002)
    "Since September 11, the need to educate American children about the larger world has become even more urgent. Perhaps now we will see the need . . . to teach more deeply about the profound similarities and differences of the world's peoples."

EQ>IQ: The Value of Social and Emotional Learning (2001)
    "In my work in filmmaking, we need talented individuals with technical skills, but their abilities to communicate and work with others are just as valuable."

On Teachers and Teaching: The Key to Innovation in Education (2000)
    "The most powerful element in education is the teacher. Nothing will ever compete with that."

The Lucas Foundation's website for education:

http://www.edutopia.org/aboutus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.