Idaho Edwards 21 Promotional - Revenge of the Sith

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey gang!
    Well, I just had a very positive meeting with Steve Wilson, house manager at Edwards theatres. He said doing a lobby display was not only ok, but that he was very excited about it, as was Frank! He also mentioned that he was looking into seeing if he could get all 6 Star Wars films to play at Edwards! Also, that ROTS would be playing on the IMAX with a midnight release!
    Even better, it turns out that Steve had been talking with my GM at Best Buy, not knowing I worked there, and seeing if he could get a big 50" plasma screen in the lobby for SW. Well, Chris, my GM, said that would work since it would also help to promote Best Buy.
    I'm waiting to hear back from my GM and discuss this more in detail.
    More to come when I hear...
  2. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Very cool, thanks Kasey!!!
  3. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    This IS good news... best of luck with the project. I knew you guys could do it...
  4. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    My GM isn't to good about getting back to people and has probably already forgotten about my inquries. I'll talk to him before the end of the week if I can.
  5. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    A thought, if the DVD versions are the new current version of the movies (the OT anyway), do any exist to be shown on the big screen? Just wondering.
  6. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not sure...
    Well, I finally talked to my GM at Best Buy and he said he thought it would work out fine and that he wanted me to head up the project! This is encouraging since he is the owner of this location. I'm really stoked everything has been falling into place so well. More to talk about at the meeting...
  7. JaersteinCysse Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've responded before in the anticipation thread that I'm coming down to Boise to watch opening night of the film. Is there any specualation yet as to when tickets will go on sale for Edward's midnight showing?
  8. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I would asume with in a week of the event like always
  9. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually for Episode II the tickets went on sale two weeks early, but with Lucas, who knows...
  10. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    As I said in earlier posts, it is really up in the air. No one knows for sure. But I would think about two weeks in advance, but that's a guess at best.
  11. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    After looking around online, some places will sell sell tickets as early as March. I think it is pretty much up to each theater chain as to when they can begin to sell tickets this time around. Who knows.
  12. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
  13. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah somewhere in Virginia, I think. I'll track it down.
  14. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd really like both Idaho and CodyWan to head up some PR material after our next meeting. If this proves to difficult I will assign it to someone else. Thanks!
  15. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just talked to Steve Wilson from Edwards...wow! I guess he was in Vegas and watching a presentation from Lucas on some of this 3-D stuff! He said it was incredible. Even Lord of the Rings has clips of 3-D footage there! Lucas showed the first 15 minutes of the film, which he said where unbelievable, and he also said kids 7 and under shouldn't see this one, and that you'll cry after seeing it...
    I'm stoked!
    He said he'd be availiable next weekend for our PR guys to chat...
  16. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    CodyWan and Idaho need to talk with Steve Wilson by the end of next weekend, Sunday and let me know what his availability is for meeting at Best Buy to discuss our promotional situation and looking at possible TV's to use. Let me know guys as soon as you talk with him what the word is. Thanks!
    Also, it sounds like we're going to have a display in the main lobby of both the regular and the IMAX theatres.
  17. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    I am very excited to hear what Steve had to say. Lets all work to make the most out of this project. It should be a blast.
  18. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    talked to Steve Wilson from Edwards and he said any day would be fine for a meeting with your manager about the tv other than mondays he said he has wed-thursdays off and can do it that day as well

but since it was for the theater can do it while on the sched....
  19. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    also do not know if you all want to see episode 3 at edwards or at the new theater in meridian or do a special showing friday night at the new theater or saturday but look in the news on the website some nice info about the new theater in Meridian
    NBO NEWS
  20. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    I think IMAX is the determining factor to where I see ROTS. I have heard alot of good things about this new theater though.
  21. cmdrwillard Jedi Master

star 4
    I added this item to the agenda thread.
  22. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank-you!
    Well, I met with Steve Wilson and one of my managers today. It went well. Everything we all wanted to have happen from this event was dicussed and looked at. No final decisions have been made yet. I have to wait to hear back from my managers tomorrow to get the final "ok" that this is happening. More to come then...
    I think we're going to have this happen and even if it somehow falls through, the good Cmd and I have discussed some possible back-up options.
    Steve also said that he was almost %100 sure that ROTS was going to be on the IMAX. He said he'd confirm it within the week, but don't hold your breath!
  23. Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    if it don't go we can always look at the new theater as well or even just decorate the current theater keep this in mind
  24. QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Master

star 4
    It has been confirmed that this will happen. We won't be getting a plasma, but we will be getting a 60" LCD screen. This is going to create plenty of advertising for us. I think some of us should man the booth during the opening weekend of "Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy," seeing as how many will probably be fans.
    We will need new generic cards, flyers, and good advertising going on.
    We can discuss this more at the meeting.
    The LCD monitor will go up the day before we all leave for CIII, Tuesday April 19th. Appropriate I'd say.
    More to come!
  25. MalcolmTolemac Jedi Knight

star 3
    I can't be there!!! However, as club filmmaker, I need someone to volunteer to run a mini DV camera of the event. Doesn't have to be "professional" - just some visual documentation of the event - nothing too long... anywhere from five to twenty min.

If you're interested PM me for specifics!!! thx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.