main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

eeth, jp, other old people... want to feel even older?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by tom, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    My orthopaedic surgeon should be able to get another Porsche soon.

2. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    If you want to really feel old, here's a list of some films released in 1982 that turn 30 this year:

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    Tron
    Blade Runner
    E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
    Annie
    48 Hrs.
    Poltergeist
    Conan The Barbarian
    The Dark Crystal
    Fast Times at Ridgemont High
    Porky's
    Rocky III

3. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    so now that i feel sufficiently older, what can you now do to make me feel odder, tom?

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    in my experience they are one and the same.

5. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    can't disagree with that.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I hate being 34.:(

7. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Ladies and gentlemen, chicks and dudes, I'm sorry for breaking up your pity party, but why the stigma attached to being middle-aged? I just turned 42 around Christmas, I saw most of those 30-year-old movies in the theater, including BTF 1-2-3, and I'm damn glad about the passage of so much time.

I'm smarter, better looking, married, have more control over my life, more money, a greater understanding of human nature and am generally happier than I was in my teens and 20s. I'm also healthier, believe it or not, because now I care about what I eat, exercise, etc., which I really didn't in my teens/20s.

This fear of aging/condemnation of the aged thing has got to end. Older people are smarter, wiser and have more power to affect the world than the young.

So there, nyaaah. :p

8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    what?

9. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    You are a spring chicken.

*waves cane*

10. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    and doggone it, people like me!

[image=http://slinginghash.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/stuart-smalley.jpg]

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Getting older does have *some* benefits. I KNOW I'm a better weather forecaster now than I was ten years ago. I KNOW I'll be an even better forecaster ten years from now.

You also tend to be able to put things in perspective more as you get older. I'm way calmer now that I was when I was 24.

13. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    I'm getting me some botox this year.

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm turning 46 this year, been married 22 years and I married a man 3 years younger than myself!! Age is a state of mind, you're only as old as you feel.......hee hee or as the man your feeling! :D That makes me only 43 this year!!! :p Hang on.....thats not that great is it? o_O8-}

Seriously, I must admit, as I get older the days go faster, the months go faster and the years are flying by. My baby (who I am sure was only born yesterday) turns 16 this year, and I keep asking myself when that happened!?!? Yep, I'm old, but I'm wiser, smarter, and richer than I was in my teens and twenties and I'm just glad to be here!!!

15. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The only thing in this thread that makes me feel old is that vin is referenced in the title. He's only 36.

16. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I am a few weeks away to being permanently old. you know the age bracket of 19-34 for marketing purposes. The other day they ask me to do a survey in which I was apart of that group. They fudged my age to make my numbers. Whether its a week or a month, turning 35 means its you are old. no two ways about it.

I am still getting used to being called Sir by younger folks. Professionals don't bother me its the young sales associate that makes you feel bad.

17. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    People with down syndrome never worry about their age.
    I wish I was a downie.

18. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    That's just ******ed.

19. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'm 35 in October. Thanks. :_|

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Pfftt, 35 isn't old. I had a baby at age 35.

All joking aside, I find 40 a hell of a lot more fun than 20 or 30. Just having more self-confidence and self-assurance makes all the difference in the world.

Even if I do find myself wanting to tell people to shut it if they complain about being "old" and were born after ANH was released. [Face_tongue]