main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Eeth Koth or Agen Kolar

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by QuiWanKenJin, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah and Sora Bulq was there too[face_mischief]

2. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    It really seems that if SW continuity were run by fan democracy, the popular votes would have Koth and Kolar staying separate characters, and ditching Stass Allie in favor of having Adi be the one buying it on the speeder bike. That's where I come down on it, anyway.

At a certain point, retcons do become absurd, and that point is usually the point where they contradict the clear original intention behind the creation of the character, vehicle, etc. I find it completely stupid that the ship which was expressly created and intended to be the Tantive V, and really had no business being in ROTS if it wasn't, now isn't. But as with Koth/Kolar, I guess the physical evidence is there on film for those more observant than me, so I roll with it. When that's not the case, things get silly. Greedo turns into his own father... so does Boba Fett in some ways... and I still can't get over the fact that after some obscure EU shenanigans, the first appearance of the Tonnika sister is now supposedly an appearance of someone else impersonating them.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Tantive IV not V;) - but you can see the ship is very different in ROTS- much bigger engines and entire shape is different- actually it may have not been originally even intended to be TantiveIV in ROTS-
    they just built another ship resembling it then later they said it's the same one- but producer Rick MacCallum was not sure he says in commentary that it's either the same ship or another ship of the same line-

so now Bail just had two ships but well Padmé has million little yachts for Jar Jar to smash or Grievous to capture so why would Bail has one ship only? They should have Sundered Heart also in TCW..... Greedo's father was EU-invention to keep old backstory canon Lucas always had one Greedo in his continuity..... I am more pissed of by the fact Greedo like all other rodians and Kit Fisto received eyelids in TCW:oops: - now they have to add them movies as well to keep the internal logic[face_batting]

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    George himself gave different names to both characters because they came out so different from the ones he intended to copy.

5. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah i think there is no need to recanonise them now just show them all in TCW and flesh them out so no one confuses them as characters anymore- plus EU already shows Adi dying before ROTS so suddenly everyone wants EU-conflict:confused: I don't...

and Lightsaber Lost has cameo of one of the actual Tonnika sisters as pic in computerscreen:p just if you didn't know

6. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    I've seen the schematic comparisons since, and you're right of course, but when I saw it in ROTS I just thought hey, it's blue, otherwise it looked basically the same, and I'm not exactly a "casual" viewer. But surely it was intended to be the same ship. They copied the interior for the set designs; it has the same captain, and clearly we're meant to assume that after 3PO has his memory wipe, he and R2 go on to serve the same captain on the same ship until ANH. If not, there's no reason for all those details... could have been any ship, and we'd never even need to know who the captain was. I dunno how they screwed up the model... that's very lame, but I'd be content to let it ride as visual inconsistency/error like pointy lightsabers, Kit's changing face, or Yoda and Jabba being sometimes rubber and sometimes not.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I think it was John Knoll.

To me, it looks as if there are several different types of blockade runner model even in the OT. In ROTJ we see some flying around which look more like the ship in ROTS.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Oh yes my mistake that was:oops: It was Knoll after all

i hate pointy sabers:p - and i think it was unecessary retcon to say captain Antilles from ROTS is same than guy from ANH killed by Vader- i think they should re-canonise those guys to be two different guys but just relatives.... anyway TCW shows plenty of ships with standard Corellian interior identical to Tantive IV so same set in ROTS and ANH is kinda meaningless now- it was meant to remind us of Tantive of course but i don't think it matters whether it's exactly the same ship or just one of it's kind:D now it's is sistership- they should show both in TCW........and i hope TPM Yoda will be redone he looks too different to OT-puppet and CGI-version those look similar enough to be Yoda as younger and Yoda as older after living more than 20 years on Dagobah:p ..... good that they corrected horrible CGI-Jabba in ANH-special edition[face_sick] and old Emperor in ESB.... never liked his design in that- still they should redo Emperor to look more like Rotj-Palpy than Rots-Palpy... anyway i don't want any debate about changes in movies here.... but just when we were talking about consistency:D

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    And doublepost damn it:oops:

10. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I think that all the Jedi that survived Geonosis in AOTC should at least cameo in TCW so I hope we still get Agen Kolar some day. The fact that Mace chose him as part of the team to arrest Sidious shows that he is probably a Jedi Master to be reckoned with. They should probably have him side by side with Eeth Koth in his first episode though just so the younger viewers don't get confused.

11. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    There are lots of Jedi who survived the Geonosis arena who could be brought into TCW and have their fates (deaths) on the show. The great thing about having them on the show is that, like Ahsoka, their fate is unknown.

12. FistoFan93

FistoFan93 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 27, 2009
    Honestly I don't really care about the younger viewers :p. The fans know the difference, and that should be enough.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    There is some humanjedi with not even name yet so they could be personalised and retconned to be real characters instead of random background folk- pretty much like Wullf Yularen was random imperial in ANH portrayed by unknown extra and now he is admiral Yularen in TCW and most know him as "real character"..... LOL i still prefer theory that unnamed Imperial with bald head seen in ANH is in fact Admiral Wurtz mentioned in the Clone Wars- movie[face_laugh] just someone canonise that please so we would have new moviecharacter and connection between TCW and saga[face_laugh] ....

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Not that I'm sticking up for GL's mistakes, but how can anyone know who was on that vessel when it blew? It's like saying I can be seen on television sitting in a stadium watching a football game. There is no way you could tell who they were, although I do think they were Jedi nonetheless, mainly by the color of their clothing. And trust me, I zoomed in to examine the scene and couldn't discern if it was any particular Jedi riding that drop-ship. And since Jedi Knights have a tendency to wear the same colored outfits, it's possible it could have been any one of the survivors that had boarded the ships. But the bottom line is, I don't see a problem with Eeth Koth or Agen Kolar having survived the battle unscathed.

15. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    it's just old "fact" used in source books but yeah in movie there is no one clearly seen- plus Eeth Koth appears in old CW- he is not Kolar but clear Koth:p Now it's logically possible as well- but stupid that official canon still calls him Agen[face_not_talking] another "canonical" thing that sucks is Rune Haako in AOTC- there is no Rune Haako there he is Gilramos Libkath:p and because Leland Chee says he is Haako i don't believe it- even official databank conflicts with Chee:p

16. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    I love that they did that with Yularen too. I keep hoping General Vanden Willard (Yavin 4 base commander from ANH) will turn up. He has almost NO established backstory for a GL-named movie character with actual lines. Besides, so far the only non-clone Republic officers we've seen have been future Imperials or new characters- it'd be nice to see that future rebels were fighting side by side with them back then.

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    indeed and Jan Dodonna needs appearance- that wouldn't be canonically impossible he was supposedly Captain of the Republic navy- perhaps Willard also or Rieekan as alderaanian guard-captain of Bail Organa... what about Bob Hudsol?[face_laugh] he has awesome moustache:cool:
    then Garven Dreis is also possible but they shouldn't change his backstory too much....

18. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Well, if you can't see it on a tv, it never happened. I'm not going to count something in some sourcebook which at times conflicts with what's happened in the films.

Wait. That isn't the same guy who's with Nute Gunray in the Phantom Menace?

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    No one knows who that neimoidian is (Han Solo would ask what do you mean 'no one knows'?:p )-

he was designed to be Rune Haako or Lott Dod (outfit is similar but he has more insignias of highest representative so he actually looks like he would be superior to Dod) but Haako-mask and Dod-mask were disappeared after filming TPM or something and then he was - like Eeth/Agen and Adi/Stass decided to be different person altogether- Gilramos Libkath- (he is named in AOTC-visual dictionary) because he looks nothing like Haako or Dod- closing credits still call him Lott Dodd (i think it's spelled that way- wrong) but Dod's "neutrality" in TCW makes no sense if he was on Geonosis conspiring with Dooku- all those persons are wanted warcriminals and "extremists" no longer influencing their companies officially.... really they are but not officially... Dod's involvement on seppies is not proven.... and character in AOTC doesn't look or sound like Lott....

But official continuity-keeper of Lucasfilm Leland Y Chee confirmed he is Haako- even though he doesn't look like him, sound like him (he has extremely deep voice nothing like Haako in TPM and ROTS) or wear like him( he has senatorial robes like Dod) and official databank of Rune Haako says he appears only in TPM and ROTS:confused: - he is that guy with Nute all the time on Naboo- not the one who blows up of course that's Daultay Dofine- stunted slime i mean:p .... Haako is also in ROTS-killed by Vader and he yells "No, no!" that is obviously same character... but he is not in AOTC... he just is not there.... there is someone else.... why he would look and sound that different between these two appearances?

i don't see a reason why guy in AOTC couldn't be that Gilramos Libkath (who later appears in EU- he is killed in one of the Young Boba Fett-books) it would explain his unique appearance and unique voice and even senatorial robes make sense now if Gilramos is TF-representative (and extremist) in CIS-senate -while Dod is official representative in Republic Senate- after all TF is "neutral" it should have senators in both senates.... i am waiting for retcon that confirms my theory:p

20. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Such an interesting topic. Remember debating for many years now. Since AOTC.

Ok, yes they were meant to be the same person. (Talking about Adi Gallia and Stass Allie as well)
    But in reasons I don't want to get into, they got different actors and then made two new Jedi taking over
    the same position. Would have been better to just have them killed off or made background characters. But Lucas obviously liked these two jedi and they made Agen Kolar and Stass Allie.

Two new jedi which is not a bad thing. Doesn't seem logical ,but lets get the other two killed off in TCW next season and introduce these two jedi to put an end to 'their' mishap

This whole debate has actually reminded me of the rough cut of the deleted raid on the federation control ship from AOTC , has anyone here seen that? I've just rewatched it and theirs a few extra shots of Kolar/koth and Gallia/ali in there if anyones interested.

I am. is their a web address?

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Whether we/I/you like it or not, we are probably going to see Agen Kolar. As Filoni states in the Grievous Intrigue commentary, Koth was originally supposed to die in that episode. But then they we see a "look-a-like" (Kolar) crop up in ROTS so as to "not confuse the kiddies" they would have had to introduce Kolar. Maybe they'll decide to just keep Koth around, but the fact that they were originally going to kill Koth off means that Kolar at least was/is on the table. I just hope they introduce him before they kill off Koth otherwise it would just be weird IMO.

As for Gallia, I'm all for her being retconned as the person being killed aboard the speeder in ROTS. The actress playing Stass in ROTS looks more like the actress playing Adi in TPM anyway, as opposed to the darker skinned actress that plays Stass in AOTC who we really only see from behind in the film (AFAIK, we never see her face outside of publicity stills).

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    looks like Adi is gonna die before we see Stass [face_plain] well too early to say but seeing her aboard vessel with 3po and R2- fighting Grievous and 3po and r2 escaping exploding spaceship somehow tells me GG is going to kill her.... but i agree that Stass in ROTS looks more like Adi than herself:oops:
    Best thing is that we can see 2 different Stass Allies in ROTS alone- person who portrays her in council chambers as hologram is not the same as shot down on Saleucami[face_laugh] really..... they messed her up VERY well.... now if Adi receives a new death in canon we have a pretty mess there[face_laugh]

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.