main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Egh, I'm stuck.

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Golic, Feb 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golic

Golic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2003
    Okay, I'm making a pvc ROTS Anakin saber and I'm not quite sure what to do for the "ears" on the emitter...does anybody have any suggestions as to how I could make these?

2. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    first of all use plumbing pipe.

then take a dremmel cut them like this

( )

them fold them back.

3. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    i covered this in the anakin costume/lightsaber thread, which this should be in, I was gonna make one from pvc, well I have a nunfinished one but i went with the metal tubing.

anyway, you could do what evil anakin said, or buy some sintra and make the ears as one piece then bend them in the middle so they fit through the opening in the RoTS saber shell, then well i did it alittle different cause I used the metal, but you could try and go about it like that.

4. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    The ears on Anakin's RotS saber are much simpler than on a Graflex.
    I would bend a piece of plastic into a U-shape, rivet and/or glue it onto the tube and then fill the creases with epoxy putty or auto filler to get a straight edge against the tube.
    I think it would be easier to do grind/cut the details on the ears after the putty has set.

Here is an image of a few (supposedly) real, but unchromed Anakin RotS parts:
    [image=http://www1.subether.net/props/images/newsale/anisab1.jpg] [image=http://www1.subether.net/props/images/newsale/anisab2.jpg]

5. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    that is basically what I did, sept I used metal, and I originally had an opening in my tube so I had to secure them inside.

- You should really just ask everyone this in The Anakin c/l thread.

6. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Now I can help you out with that, I recently started to redo my anakin saber, and what I'm doing for the ears is I cut out the ears from plastic, seperatly, I left extra plastic as a base for the ears and what I'm gonna do is simply put slots into the base for the ears, and slide the ears in, then attach to the saber, I recently cut out the ears, I can take some pics of what I'm talking about if you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.