main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN EIII Predictions!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by frazdan, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frazdan

frazdan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Im sure some of you out there know the real answers but here are my predictions of EIII:

-Obi-Won will mess up Anakin real good(duh)

- When Chancellor Palpatine reveals himself as Darth Sidious the entire Jedi Council will simotaneously (I cant spell) smack their forehead while uttering "D'oh"

-Princess Leia Organa stays with Padme longer than Luke (this will explain why Luke can't remember her but Leia can, unless Leia is talking about her foster mother since Leia doesnt know she has committed incest at that point in ROTJ)

-The Jedi Purge will not be shown (well most of it won't be, because that would be like too cool to show)

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Leia doesnt know she has committed incest at that point in ROTJ

Kissing your brother is not incest. Anything you read into their relationship comes from your own sick mind. [face_plain]

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Kissing your brother is not incest.

Well, us southerners can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that, huh? [face_laugh]

4. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Yeah. Star Wars was pretty family oriented, there was no Lewinsky case involving other Arkansas natives :p at that point in time yet to help the general publics' minds sink to those levels. Although that gold bikini in ROTJ made a lot of teenage boys minds wander. ;)

BTW, Mark Hamill admitted that at the time of Star Wars, he did have a little crush on Carrie Fisher. Unfortunately, whenever they couldn't find her, it was a safe bet that she was in Harrison Fords dressing room.

As far as the Tusken Raiders are concerned, maybe they were all really ugly. [face_laugh] Actually, I believe in either the Episode I or Episode II novelization it talked about their garb as not only protection against the sun & sand storms, but also as some kind of ritualistic clothing. The women's faces were also only ever seen by their husbands & all children, male or female, wore the same type of clothing util they reached Adolescence.

Also, has anybody noticed the similar look between the Darth vader mask & that of the Tusken Raiders? I wonder if any mentioning of this will happen either in the movie or by GL in any interviews. Its quite brilliant actually in an indirect way, as Anakin will become that which he hated, an unfealing "Animal" or monster. He will aid the Empire in slaughtering countless numbers of beings in their conquest to dominate the galaxy.

-Obi-Won will mess up Anakin real good(duh)

Well, only phyiscally. Palpatine has been doing a pretty good job messing up Anakin's mind really good. It says in the ROTJ novelization that Obi Wan pleaded w/ Anakin to try to turn him back to the good side, but he was already too far gone. They fought over some molten pits. Anakin fell in. When he crawled out, kept alive by his own dark will, the change had been burned into him forever. He was Darth Vader without any trace of Anakin Skywalker.

We also see evident in the Clone Wars Cartoons that Anakin's training by Obi Wan has pretty much disolved as Palpatine has sent him as a commander of a clone Trooper brigade off on his own missions. While we know they will join up in Episode III, we don't know at what point Anakin turns to the darkside and betrays Obi Wan & the Jedi. I wonder if it happens when Palpatine declares himself Emperor that Anakin makes the choice of turning his back on the Jedi. I also speculate that it was Anakin & not Count Dooku who deleted Kamino from the Jedi data memory banks. If so, I'm certain that Palpatine put him up to it. We also know that Anakin confides in Palpatine and has been getting his ego about his powers nourished during these discussions.

I speculate that Obi Wan will leave, believing Anakin dead. Anakin will emerge in some kind of self enduced dark-side force field to protect himself. Palpatine will rescue him and give him medical attention.

I also speculate that the DV suit was engineered by Anakin himself to help "keep people from dying", never dreaming that he would be the one trapped in the suit.

5. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Somebody will say, "I've got a bad feeling about this."

6. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I also speculate that it was Anakin & not Count Dooku who deleted Kamino from the Jedi data memory banks. If so, I'm certain that Palpatine put him up to it.

Never thought about that. To me it seems highly unlikely Ani would do something like that so early, but you never know. There's also the possibility that Palpy erased Kamino himself. I mean, he's been pretty successful in disguising his identity to the Jedi; I am sure he could erase a simple planet from the archives without anyone knowing. ;)

7. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    Boba Fett will avenge the death of his father, by taking out Master Windu.

When Palpatine reveals himself, Jedi Council will stage an investigation as to why no one sensed the Dark Side in him. ;)

8. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I think its going to be a small investigative team then, of like 2 Jedi. ;) They will call themselves, the "Escape" team. :p

9. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    Here are a few to get your mind going.

1) Palpatine is a Clone of Darth Sidious and he has been using him as a puppet all along.

2) Obi-Wan is Luke and Leias father.

3) darth Sidious is Luke and Leias father

4) owen is bens brother

5) palpatine mixed in his DNA into the clones , so Boba is also his son and jango is his Mom.

10. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Obi Wan being the twins' father would be an interesting twist. I don't know if Lucas would go that far to drive a wedge between Anakin and Obi.

I predict that is will be Palpatine who will kill Mace. It would not surprise me if he also has a duel with Yoda.

I still want to see a Y-Wing in Ep III.

11. frazdan

May 30, 2002
    OK let me get this straight.......it is obvious that the clone troopers evolve into stormtroopers.

So does that mean that all the stormtroopers we see in the OT are clones?

How many times has this been contradicted by Expanded Universe and how does one explain how regular citizens can join the Empire to become stormtroopers during the reign of the Empire?

I kinda have a prediction that something will happen to Kamino. Like they will destroy the cloning factories to prevent them from being in the hands of the Empire. It seems like the Rebellion would have tried to make it a target during the Galactic Civil War...(but of course none of the writers would have known about it because Lucas hadn't created it yet, etc).

I think the Empire got stuck with only their Spaarti Cloning machines they got on Cartao (a short story in recent SW Insiders) and recruited local soldiers for ranks of officers as well?

Who knows.....

12. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Who knows.....

GL, who has been known to change the script constantly during production because some new idea tickle's his fancy at a particular moment in time.

13. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I'd say all the stormtroopers are clones:

"Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?"

Either that or there is a height requirement.

I also think that when it comes to writing the movies, Lucas couldn't care less about EU. That's why EU has Luke getting married, and in Episode 2 we find out that that's against the rules for Jedi.

14. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    That's why EU has Luke getting married, and in Episode 2 we find out that that's against the rules for Jedi.

Obi-Wan and Yoda must've skipped that part of the training. Plus, who on the Jedi Council is going to tell Luke he can't?

15. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Considering there was no one who outranked Luke, nobody could tell him he couldn't get married.

Although there certainly could still be Jango clones as stormtroopers, I would seriously doubt that ALL stormtroopers are clones by the time of ANH. It only makes sense to draft or recruit new troops, although they would not be as effective unless drafted/recruited at a very young age. Of course that may explain why OT stormtroopers are not as effective as clonetroopers.

It's obvious that the unhelmeted Imps we see aren't clones, so it stands to reason that the possibility at least exist, that there are non-clone stormtroopers.

There are height requirements to be a US Army MP, so there could be height requirements for Imps too.

16. Killgies

Killgies Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2004
    If Yoda has a duel in Ep III it needs to take place on Dagobah. When whatever dark jedi he slays it would then explain the "dark cave". Plus in the "Heir to the Empire " Luke finds a slave-rig remote control for a ship. In Ep II Count Dooku had a slave rigged ship. It would be great if GL would tie these two events together.

Theres only 3 years between Ep II and III so I don't think Boba Fett would be old enough/strong enough to kill Mace Windu

What "IF" Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and Jedi Master Sifodious are the same person. (sorry for spelling) In Ep II Count Dooku mentions that Qui Gon Jinn knew of many plots going on behind the scnenes. He also hinted at how Qui Gon Jinn was trying to do something about it.

The only thing that that stops this theory is Obi won dosn't rember how long Qui Gon Jinn had been dead.

Grand Admiral Killgies

17. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Theres only 3 years between Ep II and III so I don't think Boba Fett would be old enough/strong enough to kill Mace Windu

What's to stop young Boba from returning to Kamino and receive the genetic acceleration treatments that his brother clones received and thus be "old enough" to killl a Jedi master?

18. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Plus if he's bad enough to defeat a Jedi when he's 13, imagine how much more of a threat that makes him seem in the original trilogy.

19. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Good ideas. I personally think Mace is going down by Anakin's hands. Hey, this might even be the time that Anakin and Boba get cozy because it is apparent in TESB that they have a history together. So, just maybe Anakin takes care of Mace for Boba! [face_laugh] Interesting ideas here though.

20. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Good thinking Jay! The ESB relationship is indeed hinted at & Sam Jackson always wanted it to be Vader who takes him down. :cool:

Then again don't count out that Mace's assasin could be Jar-Jar Binks who's being pulling a Columbo the whole time and is actually a cold-blooded sniper. [face_laugh] :p

21. frazdan

May 30, 2002
    Haha....Yes: Jar Jar Binks is actually a bounty hunter playing dumb. Awesome

The first time (I think) Darth Vader and Boba meet is in a comic in the Empire Vol 1 Tradepaperback. Vader is hunting down a renegade Jedi when Boba helps him fend off a group of bounty hunters. It takes place a month or so before ANH. So the relationship begins...

It is also said in some source (I can't remember) that the dark side tree is where an ancient dark jedi or Sith died long before Yoda went into hiding. Yoda knew this (maybe he killed him) and supposedly this dark presence neutralized Yoda's presence so that the Sith guys couldnt find him.

I like how Qui-Gon could have posed as Sifodius idea. I do believe he has more to play in EIII. Why do we hear his voice as Anakin slays the Tuskens?

22. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    As much as I love Qui-Gon, and want him to have a piece of EPIII, I reject the idea that he may be Sifeodeous. The droid army vs. clone army was masterminded by the Sith, who are playing everyone like a skillful game of chess, plotting his moves ages before anyone can see them coming.
    Maybe Sifeodeios was Dooku's apprentice after he went evil, and had been pitted against Maul when Sideous found him.
    Of course, Maul being the bad- ass that he is (love you, Ray)he was no match. So pouf, no more Sifeodeous.
    But, of course, the wheels were in motion for someone to find out about the clone army and collect it, thus, spurring the conflict futher, causing chaous for the Jedi and the republic in general, making things ripe for the Chancelor to rise futher into power.
    Diden't he lie and say he would step down when things setteled? Of course, he knew he would never have to.
    I think we hear Qui-gon because Anakin hears him, he has heard Qui-Gon for a while, as in the EPII novelation- something Obi-Wan rejects, because he himself has not let himself be open to such a calling from the grave.
    We HAVE to have an answer as to why some Jedi appear in the afterlife to Luke, what makes this super-communication possible. I wish Qui-Gon had been written into novel long ago, because it would have made sense now to see him at the end of ROTJ with Anakin, Yoda, and Obi-wan.
    But, Lucas makes up history as he goes.

23. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Even if Boba did get accelerated. He would still be only 16. He would have to be an unbeleive-able badass to take down the 2nd greatest lightsabre swordsman in the galaxy. Likewise, no matter what folks think of Anakin, I cannot accept that he could kill Mace, then turn around and get his butt handed to him by Obi-Wan.

We know from ESB that Yoda was on Dagobah to hide, so there's no way he's gonna be involved on a fight there. Somebody would notice that his opponent never came back. The only explanation you'll ever get about the cave on Dagobah will be from the EU.

It's obvious from AOTC that Qui-Gon and Syfodias are not the same person. They were both Jedi during the same time period and both died about the same time. The easiest answer seems to me that someone used a dead man's name to contract the Kaminoans. Of course OWK knows how long QGJ has been dead, he was there!

I think only Yoda was able to hear Qui gon's voice. There will be an explanation as to why not all Jedi can come back as ghosts. (so he doesn't have to worry about QGJ not being there at the end of ROTJ) But I don't think that QGJ needed to be there in ROTJ, because it was a closure for Luke.

24. Killgies

Killgies Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2004
    Padme's death is what will prob send Anakin to the darkside. Some how Palpatine will have him convienced that the jedi caused her death or OB1 caused it.

25. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    I think there will be more of a time gap than 3 yrs. Either that or there will be a time-span in the movie.
    I predict that we will see Padme pregnant and see the birth of the twins and possibly see them as tottlers. At any rate, I believe the 3rd installment will end with a black helmet filling the screen.
    The mysterious Sifeodeous' will be discussed, but will probably only turn out to be another Sidious follower like Dooku/Tyranus. Note that in E2, none of the current Jedi councel thru up a flag at the sound of his name, so they must have known him. Obi-Wan even knew that he died 10 yrs previous.
    Something tells me we're in for one of those "murder mystery" type discussions in E3, where Obi-Wan explains everything to all, or about all, the suspects. Cancels them out one by one until the real culprit is revealed. A battle ensues, yadda, yadda, yadda, then Anakin becomes Vader and so on and so forth.
    My big question is, who PHYSICALLY pulls Anakin from the carnage and puts him back together? Sidious? Yoda? Obi-Wan? Who? Something tells me that Obi-Wan Kenobi plays the strongest of the heroes thru episodes 1-4 but turns out to also be the biggest fault to all that plays out with the darkside.
    I also believe that Anakin will take out Mace Windu. I also figure he'll take out Dooku after Dooku takes out Padme. He'll probably take out a majority of what is left of the Jedi in this enstallment. I figure alot of the Jedi will have been killed in the clone war. Remember, they're keepers of the peace, not soldiers.
    We may only see Boba Fett in a progression phase, just to stay abreast of where he wound up in this time frame. Such as how he gets HIS armor.
    Something tells me that Aurra Sing may make another breif appearence.
    I've heard rumors about Chewbacca being in this one, but doubt it somehow.
    This movie will definitely have some gaps to fill and chasms to span, but I have a feeling that GL will leave alot of little loose ends for the authors at Del Rey to tie up. I expect this movie to be very dark, very violent, and loaded with surprises. Just like I like 'em.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.