main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN EIII Predictions!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by frazdan, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Likewise, no matter what folks think of Anakin, I cannot accept that he could kill Mace, then turn around and get his butt handed to him by Obi-Wan.

Well, look at it this way. I believe Mace's downfall will be underestimation. Windu isn't familiar with the way Anakin has become. So, in essence that could be Mace's weakness. For the reason why Obi-Wan could whip Anakin; there is only one person at this time who could physically do it - and that is Kenobi. Why? Because Obi-Wan taught him. Kenobi knows his weaknesses.

It's easy for me to accept anything in these episodes. Why? Because it is Star Wars! :D

We know from ESB that Yoda was on Dagobah to hide, so there's no way he's gonna be involved on a fight there. Somebody would notice that his opponent never came back.

Would they really though? With so many people being involved in this war to purge the Jedi, I cannot see how one person not returning would be so obvious unless many people (i.e. Anakin-DV, Palpy, etc.) knew specifically where Yoda was. At any rate, I do agree that it is doubtful Yoda will fight on Dagobah, but hey, ol' Georgie has reached out on a limb before. ;)

I think there will be more of a time gap than 3 yrs. Either that or there will be a time-span in the movie.

Never seen a time-span in a Star Wars movie before, but I guess there could be a first time for anything. :)

My big question is, who PHYSICALLY pulls Anakin from the carnage and puts him back together? Sidious? Yoda? Obi-Wan? Who?

I am going to guess Sidious/Palpy.

Something tells me that Obi-Wan Kenobi plays the strongest of the heroes thru episodes 1-4 but turns out to also be the biggest fault to all that plays out with the darkside.

Absolutely. When Obi-Wan explains to Luke in ANH about training Anakin when he was young, he basically admitted failure then.

He'll (Anakin) probably take out a majority of what is left of the Jedi in this enstallment.

Man, I hope so!!

We may only see Boba Fett in a progression phase, just to stay abreast of where he wound up in this time frame. Such as how he gets HIS armor.

I really do hope Lucas explains some of this in the next movie. Fett was always one of my favorite characters in the movies. :D

I've heard rumors about Chewbacca being in this one, but doubt it somehow.

I thought it was factual that Chewie would appear in EP3. If not... DARN IT!! ;)

I expect this movie to be very dark, very violent, and loaded with surprises. Just like I like 'em.

All I gotta say is -- BRING ON THAT EMPIRE FEELING BABY!! :D :D :D

2. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    Several of the questions in this thread can be answered if you've been keeping up on spoilers, even the minor ones.

3. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Several of the questions in this thread can be answered if you've been keeping up on spoilers, even the minor ones.

I'll pass. ;)

4. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    A time-span. Kind of like in ESB when Luke was on Dagobagh. Do you really figure he was there for just a couple of days? I figure more like a couple of months. As well with Han and crew running from the Empire out in space. A few months on the run. Time and all the hubbub, humdrum stuff just kind of sliced out until Bespin came into play. But, hey, just my interpretation.

5. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    Yeah. I'm not one for spoilers either, but the Chewie thing has been out of the bag for a while & has even been spoken about by Peter Mayhew. Just ask Toymaster.

As far as Chewie is concerned, yes, he definitely is in Episode III and plays a significant part & a huge tie-in with the original trilogy. I won't say what part he plays, but lets just say that Obi Wan & Chewie definitely met each other prior to the original Star Wars movie.

According to the EU, many of the wookies were made slaves to the Emprie including Chewbacca. Whether or not Chewie gets captured in this movie, I have no idea, nor do I want to know.

I speculate that the formation of the Empire will happen towards the end of the movie. Also, the Empire is Palpatine's answer to keep "peace and order" throughout the galaxy after the clone wars. We all know that it is a terrible dictatorship bent on galactic domination.

We will see many of the leaders of the Rebellion such as Mon Mothma & Bail Organa, & perhaps DaDonna & maybe Madine, but the Rebellion will in all probability NOT be formed in Episode III. That happens during the generation gap between the prequels & the original trilogy. The senate was still a governing body during this time too, but was manipulated by Palpatine. They will not be disbanded until Episode IV when the Regional Governors have direct control over their territories. Fear of the Death Star was supposed to keep them in line.

As far as the rumors of a fling going on between Bail Organa & Padme, I can't believe that Lucas would go that route. It doesn't make sense & would bring more issues & questions into the picture that could distract from the story. Keep Bail as a good friend & a confidant in the senate and nothing more. I hope Lucas doesn't use this as part of the reason that Anakin turns to the dark-side. Anakin's lust for power & impatience should be the major reason. "If you choose the quick & easy path as Vader did, you will become an agent of evil."

Bail Organa was obviously against the creation of the clone army in Episode II as was Padme. Perhaps he along with Padme begin to see Palpatine's machinations as a threat to the sanctity of the Republic. Anakin is very intuitive. If Bail Organa was even suspected of having an afair w/ Padme in Episode III, do you think Vader would allow him to live until Episode IV. NOT A CHANCE!!! Placing Leia w/ him would put her in danger too. I beleive Logic puts this rumor to rest.

Anakin on the other hand thinks that Palpatine is a just man & a great leader & is blinded by Palpatine's charm & the accolades that he lavishes on Anakin. This difference in perspective will most likely be part of the rift in Anakin & Padme's relation prior to his turning to the dark-side. Plus he will believe that Palpatine can offer Anakin power beyond his wildest aspirations. Unfortunately it will cost him everything, the woman he loves, his children, his friends, his health & eventually his life. His hate will take over him & will fuel his use of the dark-side of the Force. He will be pittied by the end of this movie as a prisoner in that suit & as someone who lost their soul for the sake of gaining power. However, not until ROTJ will it be evident that a part of Anakin still remains.

6. frazdan

frazdan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    I completely agree that Darth Sidious will pull Anakin out of the lava pit after the battle with OB1.

I don't think we will see Padme's death. Unless the twins are born early-mid the movie.

That whole part where Leia remembers her mother and Luke doesnt really bothers the heck out of me. Unless she is refering to her adoptive step-mom.

I wonder if Leia knew Bail Organa was not her true father just as Luke knew Owen was not his father but Step-Uncle. I wonder if he even knew that Owen was not even blood related but step.

In some EU reference Owen hid the graves of Anakin's Mom (Shmi? I cant spell) and Cliegg Lars and the other grave to hide Luke from the past.

And what I really want to know is why OB1 was hanging out in the Jutland Wastes (again forgive my spelling) all that time. Was he carefully waiting for Luke to grow up to kick some Empire butt? Was this all planned by Yoda and OB1? I hope so..I hope they had some plan.

A lot of the answers can be found on the dialogue of the OT I think.

OB1: "You were seperated at birth to protect you from the Emperor"

This sounds like a plan to me. Was it's Padme's idea? Yoda? etc...

I wonder who spills the beans on their marriage? Maybe it was the whole getting pregnant thing or Anakin spending too much time in her room?

Anakin has to take out Mace. If not him? Then who? Why did OB1 live and not Windu? The answer was said before.....OB1 knew Anakin's weaknesses.

I love the idea of Chewie meeting OB1. Im sure we will see him taken as a slave. According to EU Han Solo saved him from slavery and resulted in him being discharged from the Imperial Navy and a life debt given to Solo (which was then passed on to Leia as he was being lowered into the Carbonite freezing chamber. The life debt then naturally was passed onto their children as well).

And maybe OB1 contacted Chewbacca to meet them at the Mos Eisley Cantina? Why was Solo and Chewie there anyways? Im sure there is some EU story. If so please post it.

In the computer game SW Galactic Battlegrounds (which I know is far from canon) OB1 and Chewie briefly meet while defending a moon colony from the Trade Fed.

But most of all in EIII, I just hope no more EU is contradicted!

7. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    This is what I wanna know: why did Leia get the plush life on Alderaan while Luke was sweatin' it out on the moisture farm on Tatooine? Kinda seems like he got the short end of the stick. I bet once he realized all that, he was pi$$ed.

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    A time-span. Kind of like in ESB when Luke was on Dagobagh. Do you really figure he was there for just a couple of days? I figure more like a couple of months.

I always wondered how long Luke was really on Dagobah. I thought quite awhile considering what he had to learn. I guess Lucas is the only one who knows! :D

According to EU...

[face_laugh] We know how reliable that is in Lucas' world... [face_laugh]

And maybe OB1 contacted Chewbacca to meet them at the Mos Eisley Cantina?

Not a bad idea at all! Good point.

Regarding Anakin's eventual turn to the Darkside, I am going to speculate that Padme's death in EP3 will be the final blow. He will think all is lost, and Palpy will shelter him under his wings. I think Anakin's blame of the Jedi for her death (via Palpy's little brainwashing techniques) will pit him against Obi-Wan in the final moments of the movie. ;)

Guess we'll see next year! :D

9. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I would wager that Palpatine is the one who has one of his flunkys make it known (in an indirect way of course) that Anakin is married to Padme, who is of course expecting. Anakin then gets kicked out of the Jedi Order thus driving him to join forces with Palpatine who offers him a high command position in the Republic (to become the Empire), power & also offers to show Anakin, the "True Nature of the Force". I predict that Anakin's being kicked out of the order for breaking the Jedi code will be one of the main reasons that Anakin joins up with Palpatine & turns to the darkside. Ironically, Anakin's getting kicked out of the order for being married to Padme & then joining Palpatine will drive a wedge between him & Padme.

We shall see I guess. :)

10. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    So Scott, are you saying that wanting to get married and love for that matter are both traits of the Dark Side? :p

11. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Actually, there were rumors going around last year of Chewie's role in Ep III, that were false. Mayhew is scheduled to film his scenes this month.

It stands to reason that the time span in Ep3 will be about the same as all of the others. They've never covered months or years at a time, so they won't start now.

12. DAWGVADER

DAWGVADER Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2002
    Season 2 of the cartoon mini series is begining March 26th I believe on Cartoon Network. They have sith women jedi from what I can tell. Will these cartoons be like Episode III, I mean will there be similar characters or is the mini series from Lucas just to hype up EIII?

13. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, Lucas has never actually shown a time-span via screen, i.e. "3 months later", or the like, but I think it stands to reason that Luke was training on Dagobah longer than a few hours or days.

14. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I believe Luke was there at least a couple of months. Just because we don't see the day to day actions of every character does not mean time did not pass that we did not see. It would be stupid if Yoda only taught him a couple of days, being a Jedi would take much more than that, reguardless of your paternity!
    It's like the time between ESB and ROTJ. It was like 3 years, and originally when I was younget I thought it was like 2 weeks!

15. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    So Scott, are you saying that wanting to get married and love for that matter are both traits of the Dark Side?

No. [face_laugh] What I'm saying is that according to the Jedi code, Anakin is involved in a forbidden love & relationship. When he gets booted out of the order for breaking the code, Palpatine will be there with open arms to not only accept him, but to offer him his true heart's desire, power & a position to wield that power. This will of course end up changing Anakin as Palpatine's teachings of the Darkside begin to take hold of him. Padme will undoubtedly see the change in him. She is most likely already suspicious of Palpatine's motives. Anakin, who is already being seduced by the dark-side of the Force & Palpatine's accolades of his abilities, will see Padme the same way he sees Obi Wan, as somebody who is trying to hold him back. I will bet he will even go so far as to blame HER for getting him kicked out of the Jedi order and having no option but to aid Palpatine. He will feel like no matter what he does, she won't be happy. I believe it is at this point, Anakin will turn his back on Padme seeing her as part of the rest of the world that is jealous of his abilities, and now his position in the new order under Palpatine's command. Alone now & accepting his new position of power under Palpatine's regime, Anakin will carry out his orders from Palpatine. Obi Wan will of course be there to try & stop him & also to talk reason into him, but the seduction of the dark-side will already have Anakin. If Obi Wan will not get out of his way, then he will have to make him, even if he has to kill him.

Remember, Obi Wan said that Vader, not Anakin, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. I believe it is after his duel with Obi Wan and his own disfigurement, that Anakin, now Vader will take up the charge to dispense with the Jedi with vigor for REVENGE. I also believe that Anakin will believe Obi Wan dead by the end of Episode III.

BTW, this is all speculation. If I end up hitting the nail on the head on some of this, it is purely coincidental. :) I would be shocked if GL takes this approach, but this is in my opinion, a logical avenue he could take.

16. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I think that ol' Zach was pulling your chain there, Scott. [face_laugh]

17. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
  18. Killgies

Killgies Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2004
    I've always thought that Padme's death is what will send Anakin to the darkside. Palpatine or one of his henchmen would kill her and in the process pin Ob1 for cause of her death. Thus driving the wedge between Ob1 and the rest of the jedi.

I believe I read somewhere that Luke was on Dagobah for about 3 months.

I think we will see chewie as a slave in the movie.

For Ob1 being in the desert wastelands he was there to keep a close eye on luke in case Vader came looking for them. That gives you the impression that maybe Vader thought the twins didn't survive. Maybe Padme dies during birth.

19. frazdan

May 30, 2002
    For Ob1 being in the desert wastelands he was there to keep a close eye on luke in case Vader came looking for them.:

I agree with you on this....but how come Leia didnt get a Jedi protector? Maybe Vader/Sidious only knew of Luke being born? It is only when fighting Luke that Vader senses Luke's feelings for a "sister" but he doesn't say Leia. He might not know who she is...But I think I have a new idea: If Vader/Sidious only knew of Luke that is why Luke was taken to a place Anakin "might" swear to never return (Tatooine) because of the death of his mother and given a Jedi protector/watcher. Leia could be given to Alderaan for hiding. But maybe Padme went with her. Leia says she "remembers her and she was always worried." Ya she was worried about the outcome of Anakin and someone finding her and Leia or Luke. But this would mean either Padme dies offscreen or we see the twins born during the film.

Maybe Padme dies during birth?:

Excellent point! Never thought of that. However I doubt it. That whole Leia remembering Mom thing still gets me.

Since I was a young boy attending the campfire meetings the question has always been the same (you get points if you caught the Dances With Wolves pun): Why did Anakin turn to the dark side?

I have a strong feeling Padme's death will be framed on the Jedi to make Anakin change over.

But another idea is maybe there is a fight over the twins?

I ways always under the impression that Vader and Palpy had no idea the twins were born. But in a story with Dark Horse Empire Tradepaperback (I know, here I go again with EU but I like to believe it matters) Palpy sends Vader to find a renegade Jedi that might be an offspring of Anakin...

20. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    As far as how long Luke was on Dagobah, any way you look at it, there had to have been some pretty smelly people flying around the galaxy. Think about it:

Luke was on Dagobah for, say 2 months. When he showed up at Bespin he was wearing the exact same sweaty, grimey clothes that he wore much of the time he was on Dagobah. And you know that there was no place to do laundry on Dagobah.

Then if Han, Leia, Chewy and 3PO were all dodging the Empire the whole time that Luke was on Dagobah, then Han must've been pretty rank too since he was wearing the same clothes when he got frozen in carbonite that he had on when he left Hoth. Well, except he did take off his jacket, then put it back on, then take it back off again, then put it on again, then take it back off one more time. And while wearing handcuffs no less...now THAT takes talent.

At least Leia changed into some new threads while she was in Cloud City. She still has nothing on her mom when it comes to changing outfits though.

21. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    GL had always hinted that Anakin's reasons for turning to the Dark Side would be revealed in Ep. II. Then it would appear that he hates the Jedi Order for taking him from his mother (guys always have a soft spot in their hearts for their Moms), and believes that if he had stayed with her she wouldn't have died.

I think that a lot of the reasons for turning to the Dark Side can be found when he was breaking down and confessing the massacre to Padme. He states that he will become the most powerful Jedi ever. Yoda told us that the Dark Side is easier & faster, so I think Anakin will believe that he will be able to prevent people from dying by turning to this new side of the Force. He may believe he'll develop healing or even resurrecting powers. Of course, much like they discussed in LOTR, a pure person can use an evil thing for a good purpose, but in the end it will rob you of your soul and cause you to fail.

GL will probably use a series of things that culminate with turning to the DS. Personally, I like the idea of trying to do good, but being overtaken by the underlying evil. Ani was developing a huge chip on his shoulder in AOTC so it may just turn out to be an ego thing and the DS was just a place he could find acceptance (much like Scott laid out above).

Final DS turning Theory: The betrayal of Jar-Jar! Jar-Jar will turn out to be the most malevolent power in the universe and the true puppeteer of evil (even orchestrated the execution of Shimi). This betrayal by his childhood friend will make Ani fly off the handle and go postal on the Jedi Council. :p But this would be funnier & more far-fetched than the Magic Bullet Theory.

22. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    but how come Leia didnt get a Jedi protector?

Well, we really don't know that she didn't... yet. ;)

That whole Leia remembering Mom thing still gets me.

Leia was force-sensitive, so it stands to reason that maybe she sensed her mother in the womb. Who knows? [face_laugh]

23. frazdan

May 30, 2002
    Excellent Leia ideas Elan!

About the laundry thing. I always figured they had multiple exact same outfits. Just like army fatigues do. If you didn't know better you could assume soldiers never change/wash clothes.

I would hope that the Falcon would have some sort of a washing machine...

The funny part about most of these questions is that I created the same answer I use now that I did when I saw SW the first times when I was super little..

Strange how the young mind is...

24. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Leia remembered SEEING her mother. She mentioned she was beautiful and sad. Can't see that inside a womb. And if we're forced to accept that Leia could remember something that happened when see was only a few days or at most weeks old, then Lucas can bite me.

25. frazdan

May 30, 2002
    I 2nd that Scruff.

I need to see ROTJ again before I quote more dialogue. The womb idea should be out but still a good suggestion nonetheless.

The one thing Lucas can't do is contridict his own work! Even though I hate it: He has reason to contradict EU...but contradicting his own work?

The only thing I can think of is that Leia was talking about her step-mom. But that would be a cheap shot explaination if it comes to that....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.