main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN EIII Predictions!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by frazdan, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Ok people, here is my 2 cents again.
    I believe Anakin may not even know he has children until Palpitine tells him, after he believes Padme dies- they may set him up to believe she is dead, and that will push him over, so while he may know she is pregnant, he will have lost his family again- even more devastating than his mother's death.
    So, Leia could be hidden in plain sight on Alderan and be passed off as a real daughter to Bail.Why else would she be allowed to rise as a public figure? Surly if Vader knew who exactly she was he would not have tortured her on the Death Star.
    Luke, on the other hand, is a guarded son, Obi Wan,knowing his potential, lives near enough to watch him, but not so close that he interferes with his upbringing. He waits for a time that Luke can leave home to meet and train him? But then all the chaos breaks out in SW so things move along an then there is history as we know it.

2. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, at any rate, I don't think how Leia knew her mother when she was young will bother me one bit. I like Star Wars for what it is.

then Lucas can bite me.

Wow, what a true fan you are! [face_laugh]

3. frazdan

frazdan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Ahhhh yes.....another question:

Did Vader ever know that Leia was his daughter? Did he only realize he had a daughter when he was fighting Luke on the Death Star? Or did he did he realize he had a daughter and she was: Leia.

I do not believe he ever knew that Leia was his daughter before he died from what I know from EU and the movies (which I admit is not much knowledge).

Surely Luke wasnt hidden better and with a Jedi protector just because he was male? SW has never been sexist and I don't think it will start now.

I think if Vader/Palpy knew Leia was an offspring of Vader they would have tried just as much to train or kill her just as they did with Luke.

Surely they would have seen the potential in Leia as Yoda did? "No, there is another..."

But here comes another question: Who all knew that Leia was brother to Luke?

Either OB1 is sexist or dumb or blind (or neither) when he says: "That boy is our last hope".......he just totally under underestimated Leia! Unless........HE DIDNT KNOW THEY WERE RELATED (at that point).

It is OB1 that verifies Luke who Luke's sister is...maybe Yoda told OB1 in dialogue when the X-Wing leaves Dagobah. Maybe he told OB1 to let Luke all the truth after Yoda dies.

I am assuming only Yoda knows Leia's bloodline in a well kept secret between Bail (and maybe his wife), Padme, and Yoda.

Somehow Luke's origins are found out and he is put into hiding/protection.

Or of course this can be all wrong if the Jedi Order (or just Yoda/OB1) was just sexist and said that only the boy twin should be hidden and given protection.

4. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    I know that in the novelization of ROTJ that Ben tells Luke that they were separated to keep them safe.(can't recall what's in the movie) So, Ben knew there were twins and who they were. He just didn't think it was important to tell Luke before. (And oh yeah, Lucas didn't know yet either until he wrote ROTJ, which explains why it doesn't make much sense.)

5. Killgies

Killgies Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2004
    When Leia says she can rember her mom. Could she be talking about her step-mom? If she does rember Padme it would have to put her being seperated from her when she was 3-4 yrs old. Not to many of us have memories before that. But Heck she has jedi powers so maybe it's diffrent for her. It could be just emotions that she remembers.
    I kinda agree with Frazdan maybe Vader/Palpy knew of the birth of one child. Thats why Obi/Yoda/Bail could have hid Leia in the wide open like she was. She didn't need a jedi protector like Luke. She had one of the most powerful politicians protecting her

Luke is the more powerful than Leia in terms of the force. (fighting,piloting,blowing up death stars and moving rocks) Leia's talent is in Poltics. To bad she isn't running for President.

This is turning into a great topic :)

Grand Admiral Killgies

6. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I predict there will be a rather unusual looking character in Ep3 that is on the cover of the next SW INSIDER.

7. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    I would say Vader didn't know he had ANY offspring until after Luke made a name for himself when he blew up the deathstar. I think Vader got wind of his (Luke's) name and put 2 and 2 together.
    I also think Vader, like Luke, didn't know about Leia being the sister until RotJ.

Ever wonder what would have happened if Luke had left his saber and blaster OUTSIDE the haunted tree on Dagohbah? Was the Vader that Luke confronted just an apporition, a premonition, or a jedi mind-trick set by Yoda?

Ever wonder want went on in the dinning room on Cloud City after Boba Fett steps into view and the doors close behind Leia, Han and Chewie? Did they actually sit down for a meal? Idle chit-chat? Talk about old times (whoa, steer clear of the deathstar subject. That one still carries baggage).

8. frazdan

frazdan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Ever wonder what would have happened if Luke had left his saber and blaster OUTSIDE the haunted tree on Dagohbah? Was the Vader that Luke confronted just an apporition, a premonition, or a jedi mind-trick set by Yoda?

Yes. As I was told by a much wiser SW fan while I was camping out for tickets for TPM: It was an apporition brought on by the dark side of the force that was in the tree (which was there because of some EU tale of some Sith dying there)

Ever wonder want went on in the dinning room on Cloud City after Boba Fett steps into view and the doors close behind Leia, Han and Chewie? Did they actually sit down for a meal? Idle chit-chat? Talk about old times (whoa, steer clear of the deathstar subject. That one still carries baggage).

Haha. Not a day goes by that I dont wonder about it. If anyone can find some EU explaination please post it!

9. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Haha. Not a day goes by that I dont wonder about it.

Man, now that is what I call a true Star Wars fan right there, buddies! :D

10. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    The title and teaser poster for Episode 3 "Rise of the Empire" is out and on theforce.net mainpage.

11. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    "Can't offer much more than that except to say this is a fan rendering and not official artwork".

ITS NOT OFFICIAL ;)

12. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I'd just like to point out that the URL "www.riseoftheempire.com" was reserved several years ago. A lot of speculation was on the boards about this right after Ep 2 came out, possible even after Ep1 came out. My memory is a little fuzzy on this point. The title Rise of the Empire has been popular for quite sometime, but obviously has never been officially confirmed or denied.

A few posters to the tf.n forums checked into who had reserved the URl and it was not traced back to Lucasfilm or any of his subsidaries. Currently it belongs to someone creating an online card game.

13. TK-6873

Jan 17, 2003
    I don't buy into EU explanations. I file those under "anybody's guess". They're just another guy's opinion that got published.
    It's like using the Reader's Digest as an encyclopedia.

14. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    I just saw this in the STAR WARS .com Data bank and it clears up a few things about our preconceptions of Vader. If you are extremely sensitive about any kind of spoiler info, don't read any further. However, this comes directly from THE "Official" source and by board rules is NOT considered a spoiler. Highlight below to read if you wish:

Skywalker was seduced by the dark side of the Force. Fueled by rage and discontent with the pace of Obi-Wan's training, Anakin challenged his master to a duel. Despite newfound power bestowed by the dark side of the Force, which added to his already formidable abilities, Anakin was grievously wounded in the fight. His burning anger kept him alive, and he was forever scarred not only by his wounds but also by betrayal. He abandoned his former identity. When metal coupled with flesh in the form of cyborg implants and enhancements required to sustain him, Skywalker's transformation was complete. He was no longer Anakin. He was Darth Vader.

At the time of his transformation, Vader never knew he was due to be the father of twins. Obi-Wan Kenobi hid the children from the Dark Lord and Vader's master, Emperor Palpatine. Vader somehow discovered that he had a son, Luke Skywalker, but never suspected he had a daughter, Leia, who was secretly taken to be raised by Bail Organa, Viceroy and First Chairman of Alderaan.

Also from The Official site comes a concise description of what could possibly be the jist of the opening scroll for Episode III:

"After three long years of relentless fighting, the Clone Wars are nearly at an end. The Jedi Council dispatches Obi-Wan Kenobi to bring the deadly leader of the Separatist droid army to justice. Meanwhile, back on Coruscant, Chancellor Palpatine has grown in power. His sweeping political changes transform the war-weary Republic into the mighty Galactic Empire. To his closest ally, Anakin Skywalker, he reveals the true nature of power and the promised secrets of the Force in an attempt to lure him to the dark side. "

15. Basill

Basill Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    Much coolness.

16. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Nothing new there really.

17. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Maybe not, but it clarifies what most of us suspected anyway in regards to the Skywalker twins & also where exactly Episode III is going to pick up from.

18. TK-6873

Jan 17, 2003
    I find it hard to believe that Obi-Wan and Yoda were the absolute last of the Jedi. Wonder if we'll see where some of the others went into hiding?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.