main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ejay music

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Ellbobin, Jul 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Is it O.K to use Ejay music in films?

2. Vigilante74

Vigilante74 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2004
    Is it copyrighted?

If (copyrighted)
    useMusic = false;
    Else
    useMusic = true;

3. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Well you use there clips and beats to make the music. Im not sure if its (C)

4. FX_guy

FX_guy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2002
    Copyright isn't the issue. The issue is what the owners of the copyright are willing to let you do with their music, and at what price.

If you're talking about those Ejay music creation programs, well, it says right there on the website that they are royalty-free. In other words, buying the software itself is all the money you'll ever need to give them. Good deal.

There are a number of music creation programs that work this way - the one I use is SmartSound. (Follow that link and you'll see they're happy with what I've done with their music :))

Most music creation programs will claim to be royalty-free, but you still need to check the fine print on the software license to be sure you're permitted to distribute the music in your videos and/or sell them or whatever.

SmartSound's license agreement says do whatever you want with their tracks, which is great. The "Pink Five" opening crawl fanfare - which is indeed copyrighted - is a SmartSound track, and both years I've just submitted a copy of the SmartSound license to LucasFilm and that's all they've needed to approve the music for use in the contest. If it's good enough for Lucas' attorneys, hey, it's probably fine. ;)

So unless there's something hidden in the fine print of your Ejay license agreement, you're probably good to go.

5. Mushiman

Mushiman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    eJay is royalty free i beleive, so it is ok to use it in your film.

6. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Don't use eJay, the music would not fit into Star Wars at all and also, it's just a crap program altogether!

Owen ;)

7. trevor_lamb

trevor_lamb Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    There is a whole lot of different eJay packages, not all of them are bad.

You can use eJay in your Fan Film - read the licence agreement. They even said it was okay for me to use it in the AtomFilms comp, but sadly that entry never got chosen.

8. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    I never said star wars film. My brother has made a cracking sound track for our movie gangs. luckily thes a clip called 'gangsta' but all you can hear is 'gangs..' it rocks! Thanks guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.