main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Elan-Rai's Triumphant Return!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Yes, that's right... one of NAD's founders, Elan-Rai (Jay) will be coming back to Nashville for a visit this coming weekend (March 18-19). Anyone want to have a NAD reunion while he's here? We're open to suggestions for activities. Maybe meet up at Dave & Busters in Opry Mills mall, have dinner, do some bowling, play some games, etc. on Sunday afternoon/evening?

2. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    V for Vendetta on Sunday. Sunday definitely works best because a lot of our members are going to Atlanta on Friday night to participate in the St. Patrick's Day Parade on Saturday while I will be working on my Dooku costume and going to the Predators game. So just about everyone should be back on Sunday. I think most people prefer matinees, so you can schedule whatever around that. Personally, I'd prefer either Thoroughbred 20, Hollywood 27, or Green Hills 16, but Opry Mills would be fine.

3. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    How does Jay feel about corned beef and cabbage? Anywhere around serve that?

4. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    V for Vendetta on Saturday or Sunday sounds good to me also.

Also, I know that both Jay & Jessica love Cozymels & would probably be eager to catch some good 'ol Cool Springs Mex while they are here.

5. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    ok, that was a tease. I thought you ment they were moving back!!

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey all!! Yeah, after I read the title of this thread, I thought I was moving back to the Music City too! [face_laugh]

I am sure Cozymels is on the agenda sometime Saturday or Sunday. As for corn beef and cabbage... ummmm... not exactly a big fan of that, but hey I am up for anything. ;)

I told Dylan we would like to take Hayden to Grassmere to see all the animals Saturday too. Also, hard to imagine but in all our time residing in the Nashville area, we never took a trip on the General Jackson. I know Jess would like to check that out.

Sunday would be the ideal time for us to attend a NAD get-together. What do all you guys and gals think?

7. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

I don't remember any NAD people saying they were coming to the parade...

Unless they've ALL joined the 501st now.

8. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    It seems that Shannon wasn't paying attention at Buffalo Wild Wings when Jay's visit was discussed.

9. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I left my membership card in my other armor. :p

10. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    No, not all, but many. In addition to you, ROTSAnakin, MasterKoon, SaberSpanker, Skip, and Mark I. (I can't remember if he's a NAD member) are going to Atlanta. Of course, MasterKoon is still working on joining the 501st and I'm not sure that SaberSpanker is even trying to join. Additionally, DVDMaster and I have joined the 501st, while AnakinFanCheryl's husband is working on it; but aren't going to Atlanta. I'm not sure what all that means, but basically 6 members (and families) couldn't do a Saturday event. I actually thought it was more than that.

11. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    V for Vendetta show times for Sunday:
    Hollywood 27: noon, 3, 7, 10
    Green Hills 16: 1:20, 4:25, 7:30, 10:35
    Opry Mills 20: 12:45, 4:40, 7:40, 10:30 (times for Friday; Sunday not yet available)
    Opry Mills IMAX: 4:00, 7:00, 9:50 (times for Friday; Sunday not yet available)

12. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Yeah...that's what I thought too! I've got 2 gigs out of town in AR (Fri & Sat) but if I'm back in time I'd LOVE to finally meet ya Jay.

I'll keep checkin what the game plan is.

Have a safe trip to Music City!

13. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Where in Arkansas are you playing? Strange that you'd be gigging in Arkansas at the same time I'll leaving for Nashtown. ;)

On another note, what instrument do you play?

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    They're really the same person!

15. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Geez Dylan! [face_shhh] Don't tell everyone! ;)

16. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    Update on show times:
    Hollywood 27: noon, 1, 1:30, 2, 3, 4, 4:30, 5, 7, 7:20, 7:40, 8, 10, 10:20, 10:40
    Green Hills 16: 1, 1:20, 1:50, 4, 4:25, 4:55, 7, 7:30, 8, 10, 10:35
    Opry Mills 20: 11:30, 12:10, 12:40, 3, 3:30, 4:30, 7:05, 7:20, 7:35, 9:55, 10:10, 10:25
    Opry Mills IMAX: 4:00, 7:00, 9:50
    Thoroughbred 20: 1:20, 1:50, 4:15, 4:55, 7:10, 8, 10

So Dylan, how about picking a theater and time?

17. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    How does the 4:15 show at the Thoroughbred 20 sound? Afterwards, anyone who's hungry for dinner could meet us at Cozymel's (one of Jay's favorite restaurants).

18. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    I'll be playing in Fayetteville.

...and I play fiddle & mandolin in the band. :)

19. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    That sounds good to me. I hear it is getting good reviews & is being likened to Batman Begins in tonality & quality of story.

The movie is 132 minutes long so, I guess if that is cool with Jay & everybody.we'll plan on being at Cozymels afterwards between 6:30 & 7:00.

20. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    So,Sunday, 630ish at Cozymels. Ok

21. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Anyone who wants to just meet us at Cozymel's can PM me their phone number and I'll call when we're leaving the theater. That'll give about a 10-minute warning.

How many people are planning to make it to dinner? Probably a good idea to call ahead if it's going to be a big group.

22. Kir Kanos

Aug 8, 1999
    Just (1) for me. Stephanie isn't really wanting to see that movie. Besides, she has to be home about that time anyway as Michaela will be coming home from spending the weekend with her dad.

23. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    Put me down for a phone alert.

24. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Okay, gang. We'll be leaving here right after school is out, which should put is in Nashville around 11:30-Midnight (with kiddie stops along the way). So.... Dylan, I guess I will give you a shout Saturday morning or so to let you know what we are doing and when.

25. obi-TN

Jun 7, 2003
    I'll see everybody at the movie, but I probably won't be there before 4:15 so save me a seat in the theater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.