main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Elation and Trepidation: Episode VII and Beyond.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jensaarai-defender, Apr 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jensaarai-defender

Jensaarai-defender Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008
    Elation and Trepidation,I felt a mixture of those feelings is what i experienced upon seeing the Force Awakens teaser trailer. The elation needs no explanation,trepidation on the other hand. Upon seeing the trailer it ll but confirmed my suspicions about the direction of episode vii and perhaps even the squeal trilogy. The little bits of information released and the flood of rumors all painted a specific picture of the sequel era.

The Classic Trilogy era updated for a new generation. Some of you will be cheering at this prospect, especially the very nostalgic or those who disdain the prequel trilogy. I however am not, the OT had it's story to tell had it's tone and themes, as did the PT. The possibility that the ST will be a mirror of the OT with just enough changed to keep it from being a remake is...problematic. No matter how good Episode VII and the rest of the ST may turn out to be, it will feel a little hollow if it is not it's own distinct section of the saga.

I hope that the come December 18 i will be proven vary wrong,but every scrap of information serves only to confirm my suspicion about the state of the galaxy in the squeal era.

march162015 likes this.
  2. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
  3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is being discussed in other existing threads... locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.