main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania ELECTION 04 - Who *will* win? (Official Discussion of 2004 Federal Election)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ender Sai, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm so glad I am not old enough to vote yet coz i would either waiste it with a donkey vote, do a blank or just vote for the indapendants!

2. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    If the Greens ran the country, the person above would actually be allowed to vote. Beware Australia, be-very-ware.

Hold me, someone.

3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Are we that insane as a people to allow a 7% primary support vote for the Greens? I mean, really people... [face_plain]

E_S

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Anyone listen to Lawsie yesterday? He interviewed Bob Brown and it was a laugh i tell you.

Honestly listen to him for the next week as you are bound to be entertained.

Lawsie mentioned the Greens policy about intersexuality. Which basically means that hemaphodites, people who naturally have male and female aspects get classified "I" on their driver's license as they are neither male or female.

Lawsie asked if these people (which is about 1000 in Australia) wanted to be clasiffied as such. Brown, being a true polly, avoided the question.

I'm voting Libs, my parents are but I can't stand Latham and all the other pollys could go to hell as far as i know.

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Atta girl!!!

//is proud

E_S

6. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    Sometimes I wish we didn't have to vote.

But honestly, i don't know who the Lib candidate is in my electorate.

It's ironic, I'm a Uni student and I'm voting Liberal!

7. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    The poster for Patricia Petersen (I think her name is that, anyway...and she is independent running for Warringah) cracks me up. :D

8. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    There were ads ofr labour on TV on how Howard and costello were not being unfair to the east timorees

Excuse me? Doesn't that mean they are being fair?

It's been pulled now because of that double negative

9. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    I just found out I can't vote :(

They've wiped me, I've been erased, I don't exist! The horror! [face_worried]

Did Costello call the Vietnamese marshmallows? He says a lot of stupid things, I think I don't like him. But I don't like any of them. Not that it matters, because I CAN'T VOTE!!

*pouting furiously*

This is the second time this has happened. With the local one they just erased me as well!

10. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    If you don't exist FK we shouldn't talk to you, according to Orwell

11. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I would be scared if i could vote too!!!

lol... i got a phone call from Mr John H himself (on a recording, obviously) my parents were at work so after 5 seconds i realised i didn't want to listen and hung up!

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Did Costello call the Vietnamese marshmallows? He says a lot of stupid things

Like what? He says cool things we he lays into Latham; it's the kind of pwnzing we haven't seen since Paul Keating left politics.

E_S

13. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    John H was in city part yesterday, about 20 ks away from me!

14. foxy_kenobi

foxy_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2000
    Actually, I meant Downer, not Costello. ^.^>

15. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I heard Costello say he wouldn't mind if Howard got hit by a bus

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You sure that wasn't Latham that Costello wouldn't mind being hit by a bus?

E_S

17. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    no, it was howard ;)

Well boys and girls it's tomorrow!

How's everyone feeling?

18. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Optimistic.

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    I;m just going to be glad when this whole thin is over, we can get back to being normal

20. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    You got that right. And there'll be no more annoying election reminders...or posters...or ads... [face_plain]

21. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Sick of the ad campaigns too? I can't stand the way they've stopped saying what they stand for, and have started just slinging mud at the other guy.

22. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Anyone else catch the Chaser Decides last night?

Other than awarding the Mal award to the family first party, there wasn't much to go on :)

Although the test of politicians kissing babies was a funny one.

23. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    May fave ad was the labor party saying that howard and downer were not being unfair

but I'll be glad when it's voer, people have gone beserk with posters

24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Although it's gonna be close, I look at how well off people are in areas typically considered "working class" - new cars, several in fact, renovations on their home. Do we really want to piss that away on the promises of a man who's been at the top level of politics for so long? Mark Latham *needs* to lose this election to learn from it, and get those ******* unions out of his life.

For example, workers in the Tasmanian forestry sector support the PM's plan for Tassie forests, but their Union is telling them to vote for Labor. Hmmmm, would this Union be part of the ACTU, those honoured guests at this year's Labor conference? Those same people who never got the memo that we stopped caring for Unionism when we didn't have to join a Union and their membership dropped to below 17%?

Yup, that's them.

I only hope people vote sensibly tomorrow (i.e. not greens :D) and remember exactly how well off this country is right now. And remember, the people here complaining the most about Howard are making comments about how, for example, "we'd have another four years of Howard" when we have always had 3 year terms. It's populism that drives the youth Labor vote; JJJ and Rove and all those "very trendy" outlets have to be trendy left so people will listen to what they say as if it's truth.

[/end rant]

E_S

25. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    you should see some of the stuff aound campus for labor, talk abut biased

get a load of this:

NUS wants a society that is based on fairness, tolerance, acceptance and participation. I want my generation and the generations to come to have the same strong public social institutions that were provided for the generation of politicians now in parliament by our grandparents. Many of the politicians currently in Parliament such as Education Minister Brendan Nelson and Peter Costello received a free education. The Liberals say that we are not deserving of the benefits that were provided to them.

Tomorrow, put the Liberals last, that's where they put you.

now am i right or am i right.

Yes, the libs aren't looking after Uni students. But we're not the only people in the country. I had a bad feeling when Latham started promising left right and centre and it's still there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.