Election 2004

Discussion in 'Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by EagleIFilms, Sep 2, 2004.

?

Election 2004

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
Kill the Baptists 9 vote(s) 22.0%
Kill the Mormons 23 vote(s) 56.1%
Kill the Unitarians 9 vote(s) 22.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  2. farraday Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Uh, I meant to vote for Buchanan, can we revote?
  3. StarWars_Revelation Force Ghost

star 5
    I need a revote too, I thought it said morons. Wait a second, what's the difference? 8-}
  4. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

I am feeling disenfranchised.

AYBABTU

5. DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I went with the Mormons but only because I didn't like it when Phillip Seymour Hoffman tried to get Adam Sandler killed in Punch Drunk Love.
  6. droideka27 Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Killing mormons is always a popular option.
  7. Darth_AYBABTU Force Ghost

star 6

This discussion offends me because I own a black necktie.

AYBABTU

8. -_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'd like to take this moment to announce the first ever Big Brother Democratic Convention. Hosting this inaugural event will be none other than Rhett himself!
  9. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
    A Mormon producer still owes me $1600. If I'm not going to get his money, his life will have to do.
  10. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Did you invest in that Napoleon Dynamite film?

11. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    It is about time my invasion plans into Utah are put into use. I think that if we attack Salt Lake City on the west and on the east we have a good chance of winning the war.

-Seldon
  12. Qui Gon Jim23 Force Ghost

star 5
    You just want Salt Lake City for its oil.
  13. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    ^ Damn you uncovered my plot. See I was going to bomb that city to ruin. Then I was going to bring in all my buisness buddies and figure out who will reconstruct. Really I will let the highest bidder rebuild the place and then we can start drilling. I will appoint a local man as the Prime Minister of Utah. He will be a puppet to me and will answer to me.

-Seldon
  14. JediJeffro Force Ghost

star 5
    Unitarians freak me out.
  15. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
  16. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    Ultra-conservatives freak me out.
    Ultra-liberals freak me out.

I'm more for moderates.

-Seldon
  17. JediJeffro Force Ghost

star 5
    A wise man (HI JUM) once told me that moderates were either too stupid to figure it out or too lazy to care.
  18. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    Except when it comes to being the President and in that case moderates are the most effective.

Who are/were moderates
    Franklin Roosevelt
    Winston Churchill
    John McCain

I would not call those three lazy or stupid. By having a moderate stance you appeal to more people and in some cases get more work completed.

-Seldon
  19. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    A wise man (HI JUM) once told me that moderates were either too stupid to figure it out or too lazy to care.

You totally buuurned him, sugarpie.
  20. JediJeffro Force Ghost

star 5
    Roosevelt sucked, Churchill was a drunk, and McCain is a whacko.
  21. Darth-Seldon Force Ghost

star 6
    "Is it just me, or did Seldon just say that Franklin Roosevelt was a moderate?"

It all depends on your own definition of moderate. In some ways Roosevelt was very liberal as is evident in most of his New Deal policies. However in many ways he was personally a middle of the road type politician before the white house. When confronted with the Great Depression he wanted to get us out by any means possible. However while introducing and really founding the current liberal philosophy, FDR was very middle of the road in other times in history (when not dealing with the New Deal.) For the time Herbert Hoover was very liberal, he was just not liberal enough to get us out of that crisis. When I say that FDR is moderate, I mean to say that most of his life he was a moderate. When faced with a crisis or a major event sometimes you have to change your own policies for the sake of doing what is right. An example of this is Thomas Jefferson and the purchase of Louisiana. Before being President, Jefferson believed that the politician could only do exactly what he Constitution allowed and nothing more. In this example he gives up that principle for the good of the nation. So when I said FDR is a moderate, I meant for the majority of his life.

Oh and in response to Jeffro's comments, at least Churchill understood that appeasement did not work. I did not matter what he was drinking, he saved England from a powerful force. That is something to say about his leadership. If your city and your people are being bombed and your nation is about to be taken over (at the time they had no idea what would happen) you may drink too. Despite any personal problems, Chruchill was able to keep England free during the entire war. That is not a small feat.

McCain being a wacko is an opinion and seeing that you did not provide any examples to justify your claim that he is insane, I really can't respond to it.

-Seldon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.