main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Election 2004

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by EagleIFilms, Sep 2, 2004.

?

Election 2004

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Kill the Baptists

22.0%
  2. Kill the Mormons

56.1%
  3. Kill the Unitarians

22.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
  2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Uh, I meant to vote for Buchanan, can we revote?

3. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    I need a revote too, I thought it said morons. Wait a second, what's the difference? 8-}

4. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I am feeling disenfranchised.

AYBABTU

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I went with the Mormons but only because I didn't like it when Phillip Seymour Hoffman tried to get Adam Sandler killed in Punch Drunk Love.

6. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Killing mormons is always a popular option.

7. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

This discussion offends me because I own a black necktie.

AYBABTU

8. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I'd like to take this moment to announce the first ever Big Brother Democratic Convention. Hosting this inaugural event will be none other than Rhett himself!

9. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    A Mormon producer still owes me $1600. If I'm not going to get his money, his life will have to do.

10. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Did you invest in that Napoleon Dynamite film?

11. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    It is about time my invasion plans into Utah are put into use. I think that if we attack Salt Lake City on the west and on the east we have a good chance of winning the war.

-Seldon

12. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    You just want Salt Lake City for its oil.

13. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    ^ Damn you uncovered my plot. See I was going to bomb that city to ruin. Then I was going to bring in all my buisness buddies and figure out who will reconstruct. Really I will let the highest bidder rebuild the place and then we can start drilling. I will appoint a local man as the Prime Minister of Utah. He will be a puppet to me and will answer to me.

-Seldon

14. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Unitarians freak me out.

15. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Democrats freak me out.

16. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Ultra-conservatives freak me out.
    Ultra-liberals freak me out.

I'm more for moderates.

-Seldon

17. JediJeffro

Jun 23, 2001
    A wise man (HI JUM) once told me that moderates were either too stupid to figure it out or too lazy to care.

18. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Except when it comes to being the President and in that case moderates are the most effective.

Who are/were moderates
    Franklin Roosevelt
    Winston Churchill
    John McCain

I would not call those three lazy or stupid. By having a moderate stance you appeal to more people and in some cases get more work completed.

-Seldon

19. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    A wise man (HI JUM) once told me that moderates were either too stupid to figure it out or too lazy to care.

You totally buuurned him, sugarpie.

20. JediJeffro

Jun 23, 2001
    Roosevelt sucked, Churchill was a drunk, and McCain is a whacko.

21. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    "Is it just me, or did Seldon just say that Franklin Roosevelt was a moderate?"

It all depends on your own definition of moderate. In some ways Roosevelt was very liberal as is evident in most of his New Deal policies. However in many ways he was personally a middle of the road type politician before the white house. When confronted with the Great Depression he wanted to get us out by any means possible. However while introducing and really founding the current liberal philosophy, FDR was very middle of the road in other times in history (when not dealing with the New Deal.) For the time Herbert Hoover was very liberal, he was just not liberal enough to get us out of that crisis. When I say that FDR is moderate, I mean to say that most of his life he was a moderate. When faced with a crisis or a major event sometimes you have to change your own policies for the sake of doing what is right. An example of this is Thomas Jefferson and the purchase of Louisiana. Before being President, Jefferson believed that the politician could only do exactly what he Constitution allowed and nothing more. In this example he gives up that principle for the good of the nation. So when I said FDR is a moderate, I meant for the majority of his life.

Oh and in response to Jeffro's comments, at least Churchill understood that appeasement did not work. I did not matter what he was drinking, he saved England from a powerful force. That is something to say about his leadership. If your city and your people are being bombed and your nation is about to be taken over (at the time they had no idea what would happen) you may drink too. Despite any personal problems, Chruchill was able to keep England free during the entire war. That is not a small feat.

McCain being a wacko is an opinion and seeing that you did not provide any examples to justify your claim that he is insane, I really can't respond to it.

-Seldon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.