main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Election Game Results and Decision

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthSapient, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    But I cannot prove the sock usage admission by H-FRIC. Who's to say that wasn't made up as a ploy to take away legitimacy of the game because their party was losing? I don't believe that, I'm saying it cannot be proven because we have no record of voting.

2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd pinch you but the restaining order says...

In any case it's obvious that violations of both the JC's rules and the games rules were made. verifying and removing all the violations is impossible and as such the entire thign was invalidated.

Ye sI know you put a lot of effort into this but atleast now you'll have something to tell your e-children.

"Back in ought three I was in charge of the JC election..."

Edit//Sape, you're thinking too hard.

3. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    [face_laugh]

Seriously, the only thing I would be comfortable in making a ruling against would be spamming via PM because it is verifiable.

4. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Which has already been dealt with with respect to at least a couple of the participants.

That is, any PM spamming by some of the regular users have been taken care of under the rules governing the behavior of regular users.

5. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Which would invalidate the first two parties.

And Sape, if you assume the the Hfric VP is lying then why are you assuming other people are telling the truth?

6. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Because we here at the JC believe that people are innocent until proven guilty. :D

7. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    An admission of guilt is usually considered proof as well.

8. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    What I posted in regards to H-FRIC was the counter-view, playing devil's advocate only. My stance is that everyone is telling the truth until proven they are not. And an admission of guilt must still be validated. Why couldn't they have a hidden agenda or be protecting someone else?

9. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

But Sape, look what you said in your opening post -- "I understand all these Canadian IP's were registered back-to-back with zero posts."

There's no need to have said that at all if you didn't really believe that it played a significant role in the outcome. I know it did. You know it did. Everyone knows it did.

That alone is reason enough to invalidate the whole thing. Moderators make decisions all the time without knowing the intent of the users are being able to "prove" one thing or another. That's the nature of the beast. That's why just anyone isn't selected for the job. People who are capable of making reasonable judgement calls are selected.

What's the point in upholding a system that no one has any faith in? What's the point of having a figurehead "President" with no real authority who got there by cheating and subverting the entire election process?

The whole concept of the game was flawed. There was no good reason for someone to vote for anyone in the game except himself. No one could see any real benefit from the game except the winner. With that, the game was destined to cause this problem of sock voting.

Everyone who participated and "lost" believes there was wrongdoing. Everyone who's looked at this thread believes there was wrongdoing. The decent thing to do is to put the thing rest. Shoot it. Put it out of its misery. It was a noble effort, but it was missing any sort of controls to prevent this sort of thing, and this is what we get.

AYBABTU?

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Aw pa, don't make me shoot him.

11. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    The proof for the admission is completely circumstantial, which would almost certainly uphold the guilty plea in any American Court.

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I've just about had enough of people accusing us of cheating. Unless you can show me proof that one or more of my supporters cheated to make my party win, they I do not think you should accuse us of anything. Isn't there something in the TOS about repeatedly making accusations that you can't prove? If anyone can show me such evidence, then I will resign. Until that time, stop harassing us.

13. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Thrawn can you explain to me how violating the rules of the JC in order to win isn't cheating?

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    There wasn't anything that said in the rules that PM campaigning was illegal. The issue was not brought up until after the deed had been done.

15. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Oh...my...goodness. [face_plain]

Give it up already. I lost by 3 votes- THREE votes, and you don't see me in here complaining of cheating or accusing people of doing things just so they'll give up a title.

Let AT60 enjoy his 6 months of colors, and stop this incessant mudslinging of accusations and such. I mean, come on...it is only a game... ;)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

16. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    It doens't matter if it wasn't specifically mentioned in the game rules, implicit in any game is that you have to follow the rules of the JC.

And Ken I don't think any of us are doing this for you.

17. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    That the Debocratic Parté, which was named after yours truly, slid from the # 1 spot in the 1st round to the bottom spot in the last round -- when in the right mood, I could laugh all day about it.

I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

18. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I thought JFLU had the bottom spot. :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind. They also went up during the voting surge in the final hours.

19. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    farraday: Did I say anyone was doing this for me? ?[face_plain]

20. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Well considering you brought up how much you lost by and since you appear to think this is all about AT_60....

The entire system was screwed up and your party, the Candian party and several other parties took advantage of that.

Throw it all out.

21. Super_Sock_Droid

Super_Sock_Droid Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    Heh, sounds like someone has let this election go to his head and simply refuses to relinquish his pretty colors and meaningless 'status' even when it's obvious the whole thing was a sham.

22. KenKenobi

Jul 11, 2002
    *growls, closes his eyes, counts to ten, smiles, grits his teeth, gives farraday a cupcake*

Why do you care so much about this again? ?[face_plain]

23. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

Let's not resort to attacking peoples' character here; just focus on the so-called "election" process.

With that said, I think it's clear the experiment was a failure, and I don't understand how the original prize can still be honored.

24. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    What happened to your I admit this was an unfair election, and that it got screwed up in the end stance Thrawn?

25. farraday

Jan 27, 2000
    Lets see, which one of us was the one who spent months setting up a party and then violated the rules of the JC in an attempt to get colours?

And you're asking why I care?

I don't know, maybe because it's annoying to watch someone parade around in unearned colours for being a having better cheaters support them then the next person.

I also find it odd that although AT_60 suggests there is evidence both top parties cheate din the final hours, he's willing to accept the victory as long as there's no proof.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.