Election Game Results and Decision

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthSapient, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Tupolov Jedi Master

star 4
    This game has been a waste of my time.
  2. SPACEMONKEY20 Force Ghost

star 5

eh..... you had a good time, Tupolov... I'm sorta glad your gang wasn't part of the melee.... so don't sweat it.
  3. DVader316 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I think its high time to move on from this debacle already, and Im sure just about everyone here will agree.
  4. Tupolov Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, you're right. Either way, I'll just take pride in being part of this failed experiment. It was fun. Maybe sometime in the future we can replay a game like this.
  5. eclipseSD Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is what happens when the Eclipse Party isn't chosen.

**wags finger**
  6. Tupolov Jedi Master

star 4
    If only you had meged with CCCP. We could have ruled the forums with an iron fist. All critics would be silenced.

Anyway, this experiment has been quite a memorable one. Now I can say that I participated in this experiment.
  7. Dan Force Ghost

star 6
    I agree with Jeff 42 on this issue. And I'd also like to take this chance to personally thank this thread for reminding me why I rarely come to Communications any more.

I had a pretty good time with the game. Thanks to The Gatherer and Sapient for putting up with everybody in the process. Kudos to Kadue for stepping up to the challenge as well. Good call.
  8. Kyle Katarn Chosen One

star 6
    Why don't we just ban everybody for a day over this whole fiasco. Would that make all of you who are out to see someone else banned, happy??
  9. lumberjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Weren't AT60's and KitFist0's title's going to be Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister, due to the whole them being Canadian thing?

All you need is love!
  10. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Weren't AT60's and KitFist0's title's going to be Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Minister, due to the whole them being Canadian thing?

I think that's sorta like wondering whether the chairs on the Titanic were blue or white. ;)
  11. SPACEMONKEY20 Force Ghost

star 5

at least the Titanic had a bar.... 8-}

How about we make a game called Who Wants to Be Emperor of the JC?

Then all this scandal will just be part of the game.... :)

no?

ok, nevermind...... 8-}
  12. EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling

star 4
    How about we make a game called Who Wants to Be Emperor of the JC?

no one wants to be Emperor.. it would mean they'd have to marry me... 8-}
  13. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i move that we should set up a general social thread in community for everyone who participated.

it would resolve a lot of the animosity, i think :)
  14. dArTh_wenley Jedi Grand Master

star 5

That is a good idea.

It wouldn't be very practical for 10+ Social Threads for the Parties to be created.
  15. jediguy Force Ghost

star 5
    Hahahahahahaha, this was absolutely classic.
  16. Darth_Weirdo Jedi Master

star 4
    I loved the game. I loved playing it and I'm willing to take part in it again.

I was disappointed at the end, because of the result, but I'll live with it. I hope that the this game will be played next year, with stricker rules etc.

Politics is the thing in life. It makes the world go round and it keeps people active. I suggest that we should create a committee to make the election game more interesting, to make it work better etc.
  17. Vertical Former Head Admin

star 6
    Who's asking for anyone to be banned, Kyle? Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone asking for any bannishments.

Vertical
  18. SPACEMONKEY20 Force Ghost

star 5

yeah, no bannings for me please...

I had a good time with this as well. I said it before, that we never expected to win...

not so sure about doing it again... a game that started in November and went to March was quite a marathon.

If it ever comes up again... after the dust has settled, perhaps it could be reduced down to a month.... a week for each phase of the game. There were so many dead spots in this previous one. A lot of "hurry up and wait" sort of thing....

19. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Actually, what I have on my pillows are shams.

The election was a game.
  20. EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I always suspected you of being too much in touch with your inner Martha... 8-}
  21. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    I always suspected you of being too much in touch with your inner Martha...

[Q]Blasphemy! I should cast you out -- ban you or something![/Q]

Funny story -- my startup was on the floor BELOW Martha Stewart Omnimedia in a giant, ex-warehouse building in the meatpacking district in New York City. When they were creating their office-space they would literally leak sludge through the ceiling because of whatever finishing they were doing to the floors...

"Magical Martha pixie dust"...

//sigh
  22. Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I just have two posts I want to make before I return to my vacation from the JC. Here's one of them:

I resigned. Normally when someone resigns, they no longer hold their title. Please demote me and remove my title. I resigned for a reason.
  23. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    :(

This game was cool until we reached the election like sapient said, however i do feel that if another election game were to be held i would think that a way to overcome this election process would need to be acomplished first.

So until then i say no, otherwise we'll just have a repeat of this election.
  24. EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling

star 4
    When they were creating their office-space they would literally leak sludge through the ceiling because of whatever finishing they were doing to the floors...

[image=http://www.foodtv.com/images/celebrities/martha_stewart.gif]

and I'm sure it was a GOOD THING... :D
  25. Abner_Doon Jedi Master

star 4
    ~Concerned with the disappointing lack of drama in their messageboard these past few months, administration came up with the idea of a popularity contest~
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.