main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Election Game Results and Decision

Discussion in 'Communications' started by DarthSapient, Mar 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    As a member of the JC, and a former candidate, I wish to state that AT60 is NOT President of *MY* JC. I refuse to recognize his title, due to the fact that there seem to have been some serious violations of the TOS, and more importantly, trust and respect in his receiving the winning amount of votes.

I've seen it mentioned here that the situation is being discussed in the ModSquad. I hope I am not being presumptuous in asking that mine, and the opinions of many other users be taken into consideration here. WHat started off as a harmless fun game, has instead turned into a sham. And the fact that AT60 received a 24 hour ban, and was able to retain his title is an insult to every person connected with the election game who campaigned and treated the game in a completely honest upfront manner.

Now we have allegations of blackmail and personal threats. Is this not proof enough that this "game" has gone too far? WHen it stopped becoming fun, and instead began to infringe on the TOS and on other user's privacy, it went too far, and should be done away with.

AT60, I call on you to renounce your title for the good of the JC that you claim to care about so much. Your "Presidency" is an insult, a joke, and a total sham. As others have stated, show some honor and dignity and walk away now, with what pride you have left. Don't let this become an issue that tears this place apart, divides people and continues to generate drama.

Thanks,

Tessa, the Empress Palpatine

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    There needs to be a decision as to wether the game (President) should be decided by a vote of the entire JC (as the game was originally designed for) vs. decided by party members only.

The game was originally designed to be decided by a vote open to the entire JC. DS held a poll to allow the people to give their opinion on the matter. The results were 97%-3% (give or take a percent) in favour of an open vote.

We can decide how the voting will be done for next time, but the decision was already made for this election.

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Signed, supported, and ordained. :cool:

Nice idea, bad outcome. Maybe we will do better next time.

I agree wholeheartedly with Miss EmpressPalaptine.

4. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Tessa, Nail. Head.

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I'm inclined to agree that the election in its final stages was a big SNAFU (Situation Normal - All Fouled Up). It's quite obvious that many people used socks to vote for their own parties, the issue here is whether or not the results should stand as they are. I believe that the results should be invalidated and a better system of voting be created, one which doesn't fall prey to padding as easily as a simple poll does.

6. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I agree. I know the perfect system, however, will write it up in a few hours, when I am feeling better.

7. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I wish to state that AT60 is NOT President of *MY* JC. I refuse to recognize his title,

Is it just me or is that like saying you refuse to accept the authority of Mayor McCheese. ;) I think they both have about the same amount of power and ability to govern the JC.

8. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    My running mate and I are discussing the situation. We want to know one thing.

These calls for impeachment... are they directed against just me, or both of us? We both won on the same ticket.

9. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    at least Mayor McCheese has buns that are firm, round, fresh, warm, lightly toasted, and coated with sesame seeds... ;)

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    These calls for impeachment... are they directed against just me, or both of us? We both won on the same ticket.

According to the rules of the game, only the president may be impeached -- the VP would then have the option of taking over and be subject to the same rules as the president was.

11. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Or we could just admit the entire system is messed up and any results stemming from it are invalid.

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not the accusations of cheating that are the cause for the demands of impeachment? If so, then if one of us was impeached, wouldn't we both have to be?

According to the rules of the game

That's an expession we've heard a lot lately. I think it's time for them to be clarified. There was one set of rules under The Gatherer, then DarthSapient came and changed a lot of stuff. He hasn't officially said which rules are still valid and which arn't. I think he should do that as soon as possible.

13. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    They aren't directed towards you both personally... trust me there is nothing against you... just the system.

14. Vader Fett

Vader Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    "Say, what is honor? 'Tis the finest sense Of justice which the human mind can frame, Intent each lurking frailty to disclaim, And guard the way of life from all offense Suffered or done." -Wordsworth.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it not the accusations of cheating that are the cause for the demands of impeachment? If so, then if one of us was impeached, wouldn't we both have to be?

No, because only the President may be impeached under the system imposed by the game. Presumably the VP, when faced with a six-month (or whatever) ban, would choose not to fill the role vacated by the departing president if he/she believed that they, too, would fall to the same impeachment.

Then decision would be offered to the 2nd Place Party's presidential candidate and so on and so forth until someone accepted.

16. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    I agree with EmpressPalpatine on this issue.

JMA

17. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Don't let this become an issue that tears this place apart, divides people and continues to generate drama.

What!? I don't see this place being teared apart much at all. There have been a lot bigger drama issues than this. Partly because those issues resolved around actual (e-)power and not (e-)colors. I feel like I come across as a hypocrit here because I have colors, but really it's not a big deal at all.

Was what he did to get elected wrong? Yes.
    Will he renounce the office? Probably Not.
    Should this be taken to the JC Supreme Court and Reviews? Yes
    Should the threat of posting all around the boards that he's a racist be investigated by MS? No.

Why? Because it was a single pm and if he really has a dynamic IP it'll do no good anyway. Run an ip check if you want no reason to take it very far, Presidents have to deal with crap like that all the time.

Should the user be banned as often as nessesary if he follows up on the threat? Yes.

Why? User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory. You may argue that AT60 is racist. I personally don't think so, but, okay, it's still deflamatory.

My 2.

¤Night

18. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    The thing is that this sock "FessUp" has sent me a pm as well saying that he will modifie the transcript so that At_60 looks like a racist, this person seems bent on destroying his reputation.

19. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    If you don't mind, could you show me that PM (hehe via PM)? If they ADMIT to you they will alter the transcript, they ruined their "case".

20. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I received another PM today that states that the person plans to modify it and take out things here and there to make me "go from looking slightly prejudice and ignorant to full blown racist."

The PM has been forwarded to the administraion. It will not be posted here because posting private conversations in public is not allowed here.

21. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    I can't beleive I actually got banned over this stupid farce.

If the way I pointed out AT60's hypocrisy was deemed "non-constructive" or was done with the wrong "tone", than I apologize. I shall attempt to find a more constructive manner in which to point out hypocrisy in the future.

Thank you, that is all.

22. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

I don't know about you guys, but this scandalous turn of events has forever tarnished my ability to take Star Wars message board elections seriously. For shame, for shame.

Why don't we all just agree the thing was a failure, give AT60 and Co. colours for two weeks, and never attempt to do this again.

23. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I don't think another Election will happen without drastic changes to some of the rules.

24. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I hope another Election will not happen without drastic changes to some of the rules.

¤Night

25. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    As I said in my inauguration speech, no proposal to hold another election without significant reforms will have my approval.

That being said, we played for 6 months of VIP colours, and 6 months of VIP colours is what I think we should receive. That's what we all signed up for. To change that now wouldn't be proper, in my opinion.

As for the blackmailer, he made the mistake of telling me over PM that he was going to edit the chat transcript to make it look like I'm a racist. He forgot that the administration can read PMs. He failed to intimidate me, he got caught, and I think the issue is done. We'll see if he causes his drama tomorrow or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.