main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Election Results are In: Congratulations to the New Officers for 2006.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Welcome fellow ArkanSith.

Just a few rules for this Election:

1. Run a clean campaign.

2. Being nasty towards other candidates will not be tolerated and you will be expelled from the election. (and Yoda will take your light saber away [face_shame_on_you] )

3. This should be fun, we're all friends, we all have to live with each other when the election is over.

4. Have fun. Thats what we're here for.

Good Luck.

This is where the fun begins.

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    When everyone is ready pm your vote :)

3. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Hello there,
    This is BACON, letting everyone that I am running for Secretary/Treasurer!!

Qualifications: I have been in a "secretarial-type" position as part of my graduate work program for the History Department for the past 3 years. I was an assistant manager of a pet store from 1999-2001. I was a department manager for Sears from 1997-1999. I don't know what else to say. Those of you who know me, know that I am a very organized individual and love this group very much.

That's about all for now.

Later
    [face_pig]

4. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Just a reminder:

For this election only: Everybody can vote. But, I need your real name for our
    RSA who's taking the votes. (the list of those I need a real name from is posted in the Election Headquarters thread)

Your vote needs to me PM'd to Amidala Starkiller (she's posted above in this thread) between January 15 and midnight on January 30. You will need to include your REAL name and who your choice of candidate for each office.

The following members have met the eligibility requirements to run for office:
    Nyborg13
    ShadowScout04
    Kynstar
    Ramon
    otisdodge
    hyperspace_police
    Jaria
    QueenMOMidala

EDIT Sorry, I left out ForceConduit... OOPS[face_worried]
    Good Luck everybody.

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Come on people, I'm getting lonely in here all by myself....

Anyway, don't feel intimidated or feel like you have to list qualifications.....

You can do something as simple as "Hey, it's Joe, I want to become president,
    pull a Palpatine and take over the world..." Well, you might not want to do
    that.

But, don't feel any pressure to put anything elaborate down.

A simple I want to run for this or that is fine.

And the reasons are just as simple, I mean, come on...We all love Star Wars
    or we wouldn't even have this little group.

Later
    Bacon

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    All righty then ;) I'll post. Most know that I will be running for Viceroy...*ahem* [face_blush] Oops I mean Vice President/assist in PR duties. [face_laugh]

Qualifications: Dunno if it counts or not (and I won't go into too much details since most of it is military) served 8 yrs (1992-2000) in the Air Force (active duty), was secretary one year then the second year vice president of our Booster Club (Enlisted folks - normally Airmen) for our Squadron (it helped scheduled fun filled activities that helped pay for our Christmas parties - arranging from car washes to bake sales). As I mentioned before ;) not sure if it's 'qualifications' but thought I'd share that info :D I'm currently working on the base (have been since 2002) just on the civilian side of the house now.

Was one of the original starting members (along with Henry, Julia, and Trey) and so excited that ArkanSith has expanded so much within the last year! [face_dancing] Can't wait until we start meeting together for future activities. Though some of us herd together for movies at the theater (usually at least once a month, sometimes more).

7. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Okay, okay. I announce that I wish to run for PR. I have no fancy schtick. I love Star Wars, and I'm not afraid to speak in public. I also go to school at home, so I have a little more time on my hands than most people.

8. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Good to see someone throwing in their hats....

Now, who the heck is running for President....Come on people, we need a leader...???????

Thanks to all who are running...

Good Luck

9. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
  10. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    What the heck does that mean?

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
  12. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Oh, I'm sorry, Henry. Did you want to run for PR?[face_batting]

13. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I didnt say that, you do such a good job. And besides are you scared of sombody running against you.[face_thinking] [face_thinking] [face_thinking]

14. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Petrified. :p

15. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    :p i will run against you hehe joke not elegible and 501st already has me swamped with stuff. :(

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Nyborg?

Since when were troopers scared of anything?

Anyone runs against you, shoot them. That's what you've got a balster for??

Unless of course they're Jedi. Then they'll just be like...

hand wave"This isn't the office you want to run for..."

You know how those pesky Jedi can be.

We don't need to let this whole election process make anyone feel bad,
    like I said before, we have to live with each other when it's over....

17. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Oh Im not scared. I was asking Jaira if she was scared I was wanting that position. :mad:

18. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Ah, I see.

We still need a presidential candidate!!!

But, there's still plenty of time to "Throw your hat in"

It just needs to be done by midnight this Sunday!!!!!!!

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    OK. The time for us to begin voting has arrived (well almost)

Here are the simple steps for voting.

1. Votes will be pm'd to Amidala Starkiller (see above for her post on this thread.)

2. She will need your screen name and your real name

3. Vote once in each category.

4. Please vote even if there is only one person running for a position.
    Vote yes or no for the unopposed candidate. If no's have the majority, we will call for
    candidates and repeat the election process in February. (This processs will be added to
    the by-laws.)

5. If there is a postion that has more than one candidate, give her your choice.

Vote only once, but please vote. This is the only election where you get to vote without requirements.

Thanks for voting.

20. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    OK OK OK its really me not ShadowScout. I guess :confused: ... well I guess :confused: ...

Oh hell who am I joking, I love it [face_praying] please [face_praying] let me be your CR for another year "06" is going to rock in the Rock.
    Nyborg13
    TK9468

21. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    This is really bacon....

It's about kriffing time.

So, good luck to you Henry, remember, we were going to vote
    you emergency powers in the first place...

But, oh well.

And the other thing
    Shadow Scout will be voting proxy for Tracy, due to lack of access to these boards.

22. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    OK.

In the morning I will post a completed list of who's running for what.

Please remember to vote yes or no for unopposed candidates.

Thanks to all who came to last nights meeting. It was a lot of fun.

And thanks to Sharon and Mac for hosting.

23. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Okay, I have thought long and hard about this. I would like to announce my candidacy for the position of Vice CR or Vice President or whatever it may be officially called.

My name is Jacob and I have been a part of this since it was just a twinkle in Henry's eye when I met him in Memphis. I am so happy with how far we've come in so short a time. I think this club is great and has a ton of potential. I would like to see it grow and develop in many wonderful ways.

Before and more important than any of that, to me however, is that we have fun. I am all about just hanging out, eating, playing games (foosbol, minis, trivia!), and showing up to events in costume. Not least of all I will continue to host Summer Backyard Drive-in Movie Nights!!!

I also would like to see us serve the community more. I think that events like the upcoming Bowlathon and Boo at the Zoo are necessary both for our own cultural and spiritual uplift, and for our publicity and relationship with the community.

I think that good publicity is very important for us at this point, and is one of the things that we could have been done better in our infancy. I would like to see us develop more publicity paraphernalia, like better business cards, possibly t-shirts and bumper stickers or window decals--just to name a few things. One of my current favorites is a bumper sticker--red on black that reads in large block letters: SITH HAPPENS and have our website arkansith.com underneath.

Since our Gran Presidente mentioned it last night, I would like to say something regarding the 501st and the Memphis Fanforce and any other sister organizations that we may have dealings with. I think that cooperation and a spirit of fellowship are tantamount to achieving the goals we have set forth as a group and the ideals that I have outlined here. I think that we should welcome any and all 501st members into our group and encourage them to feel as if they are our own. I also think that with our collective interest in costuming and costume events, we should help any members of our group to work toward membership in the 501st or Rebel Legion or Jedi Assembly, and make our group a central gathering point for the various facets of Star Wars Fandom.

As I have said before, this group is first and foremost a group of friends who are all interested to one degree or another in one thing: Star Wars. And what do friends do? We help one another and others as much as we are able. We depend on one another and we have fun together, so let's have another good year of doing those things together and doing them better.

Qualifications:
    Member of the Sith Council in the Memphis Fanforce
    Minis and Gaming Director in the Memphis Fanforce
    Staff writer for yodasnews.com
    I have held many different leadership positions in my church (which is run by the members as a lay clergy) and in scouts and school clubs like Spanish Club back in high school.

Background:
    Married to Queen MOMidala (Moonpie or Maria Mae) for seven years with two wonderful boys Roundy (Christian, 4) and the Burrito (Everett, 3).
    I have a BFA in Sculpture from BYU, studied for an MFA at the U of Memphis and went to High School here in Little Rock--Hall, 93.

My favorite movie in the Saga is 5, with the rest in this order: 4, 2, 6, 3, 1.
    My favorite color is Blue.

Vote for me and I will make all your wildest dreams come true.

24. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Well, it seems that we have an election up and running.

There is still time to throw your hat in.

Anyone else??

Anyone....Anyone.....Sorry I was watching Ferris Bueler's day off earlier
    and Ben Stein is stuck in my head.

I will be posting the "ballot" in the morning.

So, candidates are still welcome to mention their goals and what they think
    and anything else that they want to say.

Good Luck to Everyone.

PS. Dodge....Like the dynamite signature....

[face_pig]

25. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    *Sniff* I don't know anyone so i have no clue who to vote for :(

Gah being a GWL sometimes is rough i see so many pictures of people in armor and costume that when i goto a convention i have no idea who they are...*thinks*

Who is running for what again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.