main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Election Results are In: Congratulations to the New Officers for 2006.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    OK. Voting time is now upon us.

PM your vote to Amidala Starkiller (she posted above at the start of this thread, you can just click on her.)

In the message blocek, you need to put Arkansas Election.

She needs your screen name and your real name.

The four categories are as follows:

1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Public Relations Officer
    4. Secretarty/Treasurer

If the candidate is uncontested please vote yes or no for that person. If there is a majority of no's, we will call for candidates again and repeat the process.

So, here are your candidates:
    For President:
    Running unopposed, our founding father...Nyborg13 aka Henry
    For Vice-President, we have a race...Kynstar aka Denise, and Otis Dodge aka Jacob.
    For PR Officer, Jaria aka Sharon
    and last but not least for Secretary/Treasurer hyperspace_police aka BJ or Bacon as I have come to be known.

Once again, I would like to Thank everyone willing to run to help out this group. And I hope that no one gets their feelings
    wounded by a campaign.

Candidates: You may elaborate on your platforms during the election process and let us know what you think and plan
    or just pop in and beg for votes, whatever works.

We are all friends in this little community. We are growing and I am glad that I know each of you, whether on-line or in person.

THANK YOU GEORGE!!

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Not too sure on the 'Sith Happens' there Jacob...it might very well be copyrighted. But I'd be for 'ArkanSith Happens' *shrugs*

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005

4. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    o.k. OTIS GETS MY VOTE. SOMEONE IN CHARGE SHOULD WRITE THAT DOWN.

5. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Vader 312, you need to pm your vote to Amidala Starkiler.
    She posted on this thread back at the beginning.
    So, you pm her your vote
    Also remember to vote for President, PR Rep and Sec/Treasurer.
    On the unoposed cadidates, vote yes or no.

Thanks.

6. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Yeah, I thought about that yesterday, **shrugs back**, but we will see. I saw a T-shirt at SunCoast that said "YOU DON'T KNOW SITH." I thought that was hilarious. They also had a pretty cool Vader sticker and a bumper sticker that said Join the Dark Side.

7. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    ...IS THIS THE SUNCOAST IN PARK PLAZA? I'M LOOKING FOR THE VADER SITH SHIRT IN A XL BUT ALL THEY HAVE IS A LARGE. I'M ALSO LOOKING FOR A SAGA EDITION VADER JERSEY IN A XL, HAD THE FETT ONE IN A XXL AND COULD HAVE GOT THREE OF ME IN IT. BOUGHT IT IN TATTOINE TRADERS AT MGM STUDIO'S WALT DISNEY WORLD

8. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Yeah, Park Plaza, but they didn't have any of the bust-ups I was looking for and I didn't have money to spend on T-shirts so I didn't check sizes on any of them. Sorry.

9. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    IT'S COOL, I HAVE NOT PURCHASED ANY 20.00 SHIRTS LATELY ANYWAY.

10. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Oh shoot, "Sith Happens" is copyrighted? That sucks; I wanted that too!

@};-

11. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    We don't know that. Could be. How would you check and do we have to care if we don't sell it for profit?

12. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    I think you have to contact Steve Sansweet to ask I maybe wrong that may not be his department but used to if you went to StarWars.com and looked there was a contact link and it listed several people and there title just havent been there i a very long time

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    But does it matter? We use other SW logos and stuff for the club without permission, right? As long as we aren't selling it for a profit, we don't have to get a liscence right? Doesn't it fit in the fair usage and parody clause that I have heard about?

14. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    We briefly had a Cafe Press store a few years back. Lin wanted to be sure we were doing things on the up-and-up, especially after Cafe Press gave us beef about the logo (back when it said Star Wars and copied the ESB logo), so he contacted Steve Sansweet and asked him about it. Steve said we couldn't sell on Cafe Press because, even though we had it set where the club was making no profit, Cafe Press was making a buck off SW merchandising it had no right to. He did tell us that as long as we made merchandise for only members of our group and sold them for no profit, then it was acceptable.

However, I don't know how Cafe Press has let folks get away with these! It ticks me off that we bothered to do the right thing, only to see that Cafe Press has obviously relaxed their rules!

That's what I get for checking.

Oh, well. Be sure to check over there soon for Inked Monkey merchandise! (Aha! Got a plug in there after all!)

EDIT: BTW- They have "Sith Happens" shirts all over the place there.

15. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks for that Tim.

16. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Since it is the last day to vote, I thought I would bump this thread. Anybody have any questions for the candidates?

17. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Bheuler? Beuhler? Buehler?

18. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Well here it is. I dont have the precentages on how close each race was but the end results are as follows:

CR/Pres = Henry / Nyborg13
    Vice CR/Pres = Jacob / Otisdodge
    PR Officer = Sharon / Jaira
    Sec/Treas = BJ / hyperspace_police

Well there ya have it I hope everyone who voted is happy with this monster youve created.
    Now lets get out there and have some fun, and remeber if we as a group decide to do an event its for the group our the community not for you to get somthing for doing it except the satisfaction of being there with freinds and having fun. Enough said, I must go find that darn cake pan for the party on the 18th.

19. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Cake...Did somebody say cake???

Well, I agree with Nyborg. Anything we do, the work that we do, and everything else...Is to better the whole group and to help out in our community. Now, lets have a little fun...

Thanks for voting!!!

Later

Bacon

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, congratulations to the other new officers and thank you everyone for voting. Good campaign, Denise.

I look forward to a great year with the AGR and can't wait for our next event. It has been great being a part of this organization from the outset and especially since I moved back in May.

21. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    O.K. OTIS.. YOU MAY NOW BEGIN TO CRANK OUT THOSE SHIRTS!

22. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Yes, I believe that shirts were mentioned in your campaign.

I vote Otis in charge of shirt research and development...

Later

Bacon[face_pig]

23. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    RIGHT ON!

24. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey, congratulations you guys. I know it will all go well, as we're all in this together. I look forward to the events we have ahead of us, or at least the ones I can make it to. :)

Lavenderrose @};-

25. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Congrats to all of the winners from your friends in Memphis! Here's to a fruitful and prosperous year for the AGR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.