main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Election. (The Battle!) COMPLETE 8/22

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jinn_Soresom, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jinn_Soresom

Jinn_Soresom Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    Summary: The GA holds elections to replace poor Omas. Colonel Solo seems to be a shoo-in, before an idealistic diplomat throws her hat in the ring.

*******************************************************************************************

The entire Galactic Alliance was on the edge of their seats. For the first time since the Yuuzhan-Vong War, the office of President of the GA was in serious contention. After the truth about the traitor Cal Omas was known, the populace was wary of any and all politicians. However, in this age of treacherous heroes, there was one man who stood head and shoulders above the rest. That man was Colonel Jacen Solo, the noble leader of the Galactic Alliance Guard, the man who rooted out chaos and the causes of chaos and smacked them around like a red-headed stepchild.
    In times of distress, the citizens of the GA-like those of any other nation that's ever existed-tended to band around a leader that they thought would protect them. And if that protecting happened to involve mass bombings, death, destruction and torture, well, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few heads. Or something like that.
    And so it was that the election of Jacen Solo seemed nigh-inevitable. However, that was before one person-a woman, in fact, and not much older than Solo himself-decided to throw caution to the wind and run herself.
    The woman's name was Riona Tellia, the Junior Senator from Naboo. She had only been a Senator for a few short months, but what she lacked in experience, she more than made up for with charisma, charm, compassion and eloquence. She spoke at length about the redemptive value of healing and reconciliation and about the need to continue rebuilding and restoring after the Vong war. She spoke about feeding the poor and curing the ill, and about looking forward with hope for all.
    Normally, she wouldn't have stood a chance. However, her unusual charisma and absolute incorrigibility enabled her to skyrocket in the polls. People across the galaxy actually began to seriously ponder the fact that they had been at war in an almost constant state for almost a century. It also helped that she was drop-dead gorgeous.
    There were other candidates for the Presidency, to be sure, but these peons were bashed about by the forceful presence and rhetoric of Solo and outspoken and dismissed by the passion of Tellia. And so, the lesser candidates figuratively died out, (except for a Corellian candidate who died of natural causes-as Force Lightning quite naturally ends one's life.) leaving only Solo and Tellia to duke it out.
    The two had avoided confronting each other directly, but the time for such manuevering had passed. The night of the final debate was upon them.

As spectators on either side of the political spectrum took their seats, the moderator stood in front of the stage. The enormous auditorium had been filled to capacity in anticipation of this clash of wills, and the elderly Twi'lek diplomat had wanted everything to go as smoothly as possible. He tried to be calm, but the occasional twitch of his lekku betrayed his nervousness. The eyes of the galaxy would be upon them tonight, and he had to put on the show of a lifetime.
    In the backstage area, Riona Tellia was reviewing her talking points with her advisors.
    "Okay, so we've got: Reconcile, Rebuild, and Rebirth. This war could have ended with reasoned negotiation, and the Galactic Alliance shouldn't be going to such extremes. We can focus on restoration efforts and aid to the wounded, the soldiers, and their families. What else?"
    One of her advisors spoke up. "My lady," he began, "there is a danger that Colonel Solo might attempt a coup. With so many Senators and officials gathered in one place, it would be a simple matter to arrest or kill them all. I speak for all of us when I say that I worry about your personal safety."
    Riona bit her lip. "I must admit that I have also contemplated that scenario," she said. "It is sad that we have reached this point. Where it is not only possible, but even plausible

2. Terje_Lisan

Terje_Lisan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 12, 2005
    Jacen as a total villian, you hit that on the head. I liked the interaction between Riona Tellia and Jacen, the two opposition views and both stubborn, could feel the heat from those two. And Jacen's last line, dang. Shivers.

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    First, before I forget: Happy Birthday. ;)

Jacen's a total ass! I like the way you've portrayed him.
    I haven't started reading the Legacy books yet but I am planning to do so and I dearly hope Jacen is as evil as you've made him.

Although it is kind of a "below-the-beltline" move threatening a child.

I'd definately love to read more.

4. Jinn_Soresom

Jun 1, 2007
    Terje- Thanks for reading. When writing Jacen's threat to Riona, I tried to figure out the most evil, vile things that one person could ever do to another, and forcing them to watch their child suffer would be just about the worst. He is evil, evil, evil.

Ceillean- Thanks for reading, and thank you for the birthday wishes. I'm nineteen now...I'm gettin' old. :_| I guess you can't read this without getting some spoilers for LOTF, but basically, Chief of State Cal Omas is unceremoniously booted out after Jacen's secret police catch him trying to offer him and an ambitious military officer as a sacrifice for peace. Also, the Jacen in this story is how I imagine him after finally succumbing to the dark side after murdering his way to Sithdom. The frightening part is that the canon Jacen would probably do those things to a child if he thought that it would help him bring order.

Updating Soon!

5. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Well at first...you had me LOL. Then as the debate wore on it took a very serious turn. Very well written and quite intense. You can just feel Jacen's evilness.

Well done. =D=

6. Jinn_Soresom

Jun 1, 2007
    Part II.

When Riona Tellia had decided to challenge Jacen Solo for the office of the Presidency, she had expected there to be some degree of danger. For months after Omas had been removed, the most stalwart enemies of the GAG Colonel had all managed to meet misfortune in some form or another; Senator Quiddia had been killed in a speeder accident hours after giving a speech warning about the dangers of the powers Jacen had acquired. A naval admiral who had protested the incestous relationship of power between the military and the secret police had been killed in a freak com-station explosion aboard his own flagship. And, most terrifying of all, the Chair of the Governmental Accountability Committee had disappeared, simply vanishing from the face of the galaxy.
    Besides their opposal of Jacen Solo, none of their fates could be directly tied to any GAG involvement. But deep in her heart, Riona knew, she knew that Jacen had to have had a hand in it. It was, after all, why her daughter had to go into hiding.
    But she had never would have believed that Jacen would have made such a bald-faced threat to her. And she never, could never have imagined the level of cruelty that Jacen had brandished so matter-of-factly. The cold glare in his eyes had told her, more than any words ever could, what Jacen was capable of. His was the soulless reptilian gaze of a murderer.
    Riona Tellia was afraid, as afraid as she had ever been in all her life. However, she was also very clever, and knew that a good leader turns a calamity into an opportunity. At her throat she wore a delicate silver and sapphire necklace. While an accessory of more than usual quality, what made it truly unique was the brilliant engineering that gave her a miniscule holo-recorder and microphone that recorded whatever she faced. Unclasping the jewelery from around her neck, she checked the chrono on the wall; fifteen minutes until the debate picked up again. Her purpose clear and her fear controlled, she strode over to her dressing room, where a holocom transmitter waited for her.
    Jacen Solo, whether personally or through political and military clout, wielded immense power. However, he wasn't all-powerful, not yet, and there still remained those who could stop him. One in particular had attended one of her speeches and visited her afterwards. After dropping his disguise, he told Riona that if he ever needed help in her quest, she could call on him. She'd never had need to use the holo-code before now, but the naked threat to her only daughter had shaken her so much that her hero-worship had been sublimated. She would need his help.
    His, and that of the Jedi he led.
    "Help me, Master Skywalker," she prayed. "You're my only hope."

Colonel Solo was supremely confident as he strode back onto the stage. He was a handsome devil, and he knew it. Absently waving to the crowd, he returned to his podium and waited for the announcement of his opponent's resignation or sudden illness. Maybe she'd kill herself and spare him the trouble. Jacen brightened at the idea that he was so potent a threat that people would die from just words that he said. On the other hand, that would deny him the chance to detain her-he'd think up charges later-and have his fun with her. Tellia truly was a beauty, with long auborn hair, high cheekbones and huge brown eyes. Jacen could have a lot of fun with her in the torture chambers. Tenal ka just wasn't into the things that got him going, and it wouldn't be expedient to force her into it. Solo allowed himself a sigh as he continued thinking maudlin thoughts of rape and torture. Tenal ka wouldn't know romance if it chopped her arm off.

Riona deactivated the holocom and sat back. Two minutes till showtime. She set about fixing her appearance, clearing up the makeup smudged by tears and straightening her disheveled hair. Even if she didn't feel very strong right now, she needed to at least look strong if people were to take her seriously. Finishing her ministrations, she looked into her own eye

7. Jinn_Soresom

Jun 1, 2007
    Author's Notes:

It was a short one, but I hope it was a good one. I just had to stop when I came up with the last line. I just couldn't resist having that as the final line in that segment. Don't worry, more's coming; I'm on a roll.
    As for Jacen...while re-reading LOTF, and a thread on the Lit forum, I came to the conclusion that it's entirely possible that he has issues with women. And by issues, I mean issues. Again, I wanted to make Jacen as over-the-top evil as possible, and it can be argued that when Jacen gets all Sithy, some long-repressed urges and sick perversions will rise to the surface.
    That, and it's my fic, and if I want to make Jace a perv, well, I will. :p
    And with the line about Tenal Ka and romance...I couldn't resist, mate. Sorry.
    Before I go off and write some more, I forgot to mention that I live in Hawaii, so when I'm posting in the evening, it's some ungodly hour on the mainland. Right now, it's about nine in the evening on the eighteenth. So keep an eye out on the second page for the updates, 'kay?
    -Jinn Soresom

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Who knows, maybe if you get all Sithy, everything dark surfaces. Including the utter most dark secrets concerning likes and dislikes of the opposite sex.

I like that part though. ;)

Now I wonder what Jacen's up to, seeing Riona with her head held high.
    More please. ;)

----
    About nineteen being old: old? I'll be a quarter of a century old in four months. That's getting old. *laughs*
    I love describing my age this way. People get this crazy look in their eyes and you can literally see the wheels moving in their brains.
    Kind of like a "huh?". So funny. :p

9. Terje_Lisan

Sep 12, 2005
    "Solo allowed himself a sigh as he continued thinking maudlin thoughts of rape and torture. Tenal ka wouldn't know romance if it chopped her arm off." :eek:

Oh so cruel, but dang you already took Jacen to the near top of evil. Can't wait to see what other roads you take his character. And great job with Riona walking in with her head held high. :)

10. Jinn_Soresom

Jun 1, 2007
    Ceillean- Watch this!

Terje- The near top of evil? What do I have to do to make him the most evil, rancid, vile villain ever, have him eat a baby or something? (pauses.) Is baby-eating a TOS violation?
    Nah. Even I have limits. That's why I'll make Darth Sadic a cannibal when I pick up Knights again. I like making my villains as villainous as villanously possible. [face_devil] Villain-iscious!

Okay, here goes!

11. Jinn_Soresom

Jun 1, 2007
    Part III

GAG Colonel Jacen Solo, the acting Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance, Jedi Knight, secret Dark Lord of the Sith, and one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy, gaped like a moron as Riona Tellia came strutting onto the stage as though she owned it. Solo felt a hot flash of anger. How dare she defy him like this? Didn't she know that she was putting her daughter's life and sanity in dire jeopardy? What an awful mother.
    The illogical nature of that line of thought never even crossed his mind.
    Recovering quickly from his shock, Jacen snapped his mouth shut. Holding up his notecards-which had been left empty in anticipation of an easy victory-Solo feigned a sudden and intense interest in them, hoping that no one would note his reaction.
    And as if that wasn't bad enough, Senator Riona didn't look in the least bit frightened. Far from it.
    She was smiling at him.

Riona had knew that to survive, she needed to be smart. She knew that, to survive, she needed to be quick and clever. And she knew that, in order to bring down Jacen Solo, she needed to be in full possession of all of the eloquence and passion at her command. Idealist or no, she still felt a flush of malicious glee at the bug-eyed and slack-jawed look on Solo's face. She smiled at him, painting a picture of reconciliatory friendship that the crowd ate up with spoons. Only two people in that auditorium understood the true nature of that smile, and only one knew why she wore it. She had Jacen flustered, off-balance. It would only be a matter of time before he slipped, and she needed to be ready to pounce.
    For the victor would go everything. To the loser...nothing.

The elderly Twi'lek carefully lowered himself into his chair before signaling to the camera crew. Up in the control box, the director and his staff began to transmit. There was a fifteen-second delay on all live transmissions, by order of Col. Jacen Solo. After all, it wouldn't do at all if someone, for example, ran naked screaming across the stage for all the galaxy to see. So, being the decent, family-friendly man that he was, Solo had insisted on the delay. What a great guy.
    The lights came on, the audience sat down and shut up, and the moderator smiled regally for the cameras. "Welcome back to Galactic Alliance Presidential Debate. We have Colonel Jacen Solo and Senator Riona Tellia here, to speak directly to the people of the galaxy and test each other's ideas and plans. Thank you both for coming. Colonel Solo, Madame Senator, the first half of this debate was dominated by issues of war. Perhaps it would be appropriate for the second half to be devoted to some of the other aspects of leadership that a President would be expected to face?"
    Riona smiled charmingly at him, while Solo managed a wan little grin and a terse nod.
    "Excellent. Senator Tellia, first question; if you could set the entire resources of the GA on a single problem, what would it be?"
    The young Senator easily brushed a runaway strand of hair from her face before answering. "Without a question, the most important task that we as a state must face is the restoration of worlds devastated by the Vong. Nearly fifteen years later, and there are many systems whose ecology has been threatened to the point of near collapse and whose population has fled for other worlds. The Ithorians, as well as many others, are doing all that they can, but their job is made just that much more difficult by warfare. Not only do they have to contend with resource shortages that are caused by allocation to miltary endeavors, but there are some cases where the worlds they are putting together have been ripped apart again by renewed fighting on them. If our civilization is so mad that it cannot stop tearing itself apart long enough to staunch the bleeding, than it will not be long before it collapses and dies."
    "I see. Colonel Solo, same question."
    There was an awkward pause. All that Jacen really had to run on was warfare. He really didn't know that much about the nuts and bolts of ope

12. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Choose...and act

I so loved this! Choose and act...
    I just got done reading "Traitor". :p

Yay! You brought in Kyp! Yay!
    Please don't have Jacen kill him. Please. [face_worried]

*sniffs* Me love Kyp. :)

Overall, I'm surprised how the debate turned out. I hadn't expected Riona to actually "endanger" her daughter that way. I suppose the Jedi will have her in protective custody about now.

I'm a Mom, I sure as hell wouldn't have had the guts to stand up to Evil Jacen.

Now I'm really curious. And not only due to the fact that a certain long haired Jedi is about to confront Jacen.

Please don't kill my Kyp! *laughs*

13. Terje_Lisan

Sep 12, 2005
    Oh yeah, see, you bounced Jacen all the way up and beyond evil now. Crazyness, but awesome at the same time.

"There was a fifteen-second delay on all live transmissions, by order of Col. Jacen Solo. After all, it wouldn't do at all if someone, for example, ran naked screaming across the stage for all the galaxy to see. So, being the decent, family-friendly man that he was, Solo had insisted on the delay. What a great guy."

For some reason that line just cracked me up.

And yay for Horn and Kyp to show up, yes!!!

And dang, Riona, is one tough cookie. Love her character.

14. Jinn_Soresom

Jun 1, 2007
    Thanks for reading you guys. I've been a bit busy lately-my parents got married, and there was a huge ceremony, and so on and so forth, starting school...*sigh*
    Right. Well anyways, I guess I'd better get crackin' as far as finishing this bad boy is concerned. Might as well go out with a bang, right? Just wait till you see some of the fireworks that I'm gonna put into the finale!

15. Jinn_Soresom

Jun 1, 2007
    Part IV

It wasn't supposed to be this way.
    The grand hall had been meant to carry the words of the bravest and wisest in the Alliance in an exchange of ideas and plans. It was meant to echo with the sound of applause and shocked gasps, of brilliant speeches and momentous words.
    It wasn't supposed to be this way.
    The scream of repeating blaster rifles were punctuated by the occasional dull thud of explosives. The hum and clash of lightsaber blades and the agonized howls of the wounded and dying carried across the marble walls and echoed back, a haunting cacophany of death and slaughter.
    There was one being left in the house who had a complete view of the battle that was abruptly raging across the auditorium. The house director, locked in the control room high in the rafters, sat back and watched the mayhem. When the GAG had dropped through the roof and the feed had been cut, he had allowed his crew to evacuate and get to as safe a place as he could. However, he knew that this was going to be history in the making, and that a battle of Jedi versus Jedi was once in a lifetime event. So, he very quietly and very discretely activated the transmission feed and initiated the remote override to the cameras down on the floor.
    Across the galaxy, the raised voices and heated conversations died out as suddenly as they had arose as their screens once again played the live feed. This is what they saw...

Jacen Solo scowled as he faced off against Jedi Master Kyp Durron. Kyp hefted his saber and positioned himself between Solo and Horn, who was hurrying Riona Tellia to safety.
    "Get out of my way, Durron," Jacen growled.
    "'Fraid I can't do that," Kyp spoke slowly and laconically. He almost sounded bored. "From what I've seen, it looks like you've gone off and lost your mind. You're sick, Jacen, but I'm going to offer you this one last chance; surrender, and we can help you. We can fix what's broken inside you, and keep you from falling further. If you do not surrender...then I'm afraid that I will do what I must."
    Solo appeared to ponder for a moment. "Jacen Solo...that name no longer has any meaning for me." His crimson lightsaber rose to a center-guard position, its burning tip orientated towards Kyp's throat. "I am Darth Caedus, Lord of Murder, and you, Jedi...you will die at my hand."
    A stunned look crossed Kyp's face. Then he laughed at the little Sithling.
    "Boy, you have no clue what you're getting into. I've felt the Dark Side, and I know what it is to fall to it. The Dark Side is cruelly seductive, but-"
    "Just shut up!" Jacen launched himself at the Jedi Master, saber swinging. As Kyp parried the blow, Jacen threw an overhanded chop, followed by a vicious sidelong swipe. He screamed as he attacked, "I am so sick of your endless babbling. You are a murderer, no different from me! For once in your miserable lifetime, just shut up!"
    Master Durron sighed as the Sith Lord's assault melted off of his defenses. "It's time to end this."
    "Before I kill you, I want to know one thing," Jacen said, backing off of Kyp. "I had over five-hundred GAG soldiers with me. I know that you haven't killed them all. So how did you get them to ignore you?"
    A huge grin split Kyp's face. "We may have had a little help. My new apprentice and his friends are driving them off of us-he's awfully mad at you, by the way."
    "Who-?"
    The loud sound of screeching metal, screaming soldiers and a small explosion cut off Jacen's interrogative. Risking the slightest glance away from the Jedi Master, Jacen Solo looked into a nightmare.
    The dust and smoke from the debris slowly settled, revealing Ben Skywalker. His clothes were tattered and his face and hands were blackened by some unspeakable inferno. Rising to his feet, the boy turned his face to Caedus. With huge blue eyes rimmed red with tears and a hard grimace set across his face, Ben looked like nothing less than an avenging angel, come to make Jacen pay for what he'd done.
    At the mental prodding of the Dark Lord, the scattered GAG troopers p

16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I so did not see that coming!
    Riona and Kyp?

Just to think, if Jacen had succeeded in hurting their little girl.
    I would almost pity the man.

Wonderful ending! And thank you so much for not killing Kyp! :p

Go Kyp! Go Kyp!
    This is interesting: my two fav characters kicking each others asses.

Then he laughed at the little Sithling
    [face_laugh]
    I like this part. Funny.

So, um, if you ever want to do that again, I mean, I won't say no...
    [face_laugh]

The world is tipping to one side, and puberty hits Ben Skywalker! [face_laugh]

And now I officially like the idea Kyp being a hero. :D
    Can you tell? I'm a total Kyp FanGirl! [face_love]

You did a great job here! You should write more FanFiction. I'd definately read more.
    Anyway, we don't know where Jacen's gone to and what his next move is.
    So there you have a plot. ;)

And congrats to your parents on their wedding. =D=

17. Terje_Lisan

Sep 12, 2005
    Yay a happy ending, nicely done. Yay for Ben going all powerful (sweet) but then balanced by being a fourteen year old. And yay for Kyp too and giving Jacen a run for his money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.