main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Election Wars: Episode II: The Clone Gores (A political joke)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Maulbert, Apr 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maulbert

Maulbert Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Please don't be offended by this, I'm not a cold hearted creep, I'm just poking fun.

Currently taking place in a city across the country....

ELECTION WARS: EPISODE II: THE CLONE GORES

One week has passed since young Anakin Gonzalez, a political pawn for the last 5 months has been sent to his father, Owen Gonzalez by Bounty Hunter Aurra Reno, in hopes that it will help her turn young Anakin to the Dark Side, allowing him to become even more of a political pawn for her master, Darth Clinton.

Darth Clinton, Evil Dark Lord of the Sith and master to Darth Gore, has cloned his apprentice to fight the public with a bevy of huge Tax Laws. He hopes Lord Gore will suceed him as ruler over Obi-Wan Bush.

During this chain of events, Darth Clinton has dispatched Senators to the planet Washinton, In hopes of destroying the company Microsoft, and its leader, King Gates. Gates has in turn requested the help of one Amidala Murray and Boss Gorton to help in his strife.....

I'll post more tommorrow.

[This message has been edited by Maulbert (edited 04-27-2000).]

2. JediGaladriel

JediGaladriel Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 1999
    LOL. And Darth Gore is a good Sith name!

3. master obi-wan skywalker

master obi-wan skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2000
    Darth Clinton...Isn't that what I've been trying to tell my parents all along? Look who's right now!

4. Maulbert

Maulbert Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Oh, here is the key:

Anakin Gonzalez: Elian Gonzalez
    Owen Gonzalez: Juan Miguel Gonzalez
    Aurra Reno: Janet Reno
    Darth Clinton: Bill Clinton
    Darth Gore: Al Gore
    Obi-Wan Bush: George W. Bush
    King Gates: Bill Gates
    Amidala Murray: Patty Murray
    Boss Gorton: Slade Gorton

5. Talon 20

Talon 20 Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2000
    This is awesoem, man!

6. Combustible Insect

Combustible Insect Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2000
    It's really annoying when people post opening bits of very promising stories and nothing else.

7. Puke Stystalker

Puke Stystalker Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2000
    Cool! I can't wait for more.

8. darthwiz

darthwiz Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2000
    Did everyone in the TFN fan films use Media Cleaner to optimize their movies in quicktime format? Seems like a pretty hefty investment

9. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Not everyone does but I would HIGHLY encourage using Media Cleaner Pro with the Sorenson Developers codec. If you cannot afford it or whatever, try finding someone online who has it and burn a CD of your master film for them to compress it for you and send it back to you over the internet.

Azeem
    TFN FanFilms

10. elwood731

elwood731 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2000
    I will suggest this again, though some don't like it.

Try using RealMedia. It has by far the best compression (10:1), and we lost no quality in our film video or sound from the AVI original.

Real Producer is free on their site.

11. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Realplayer is surprisingly good on the PC, but very jumpy on macs for some reason (perhaps it's just mine). I took the time to DL the massive SW: Highlander Ascension film - and loved it - BUT the frame rate was so jumpy, I thought the film was done in stop-motion animation! I'm looking forward to the day some independent guy will come up with a 'super-computer' to replace macs and PC's and we will all share files in peace and harmony...!

[This message has been edited by Azeem (edited 06-07-2000).]

12. elwood731

Apr 12, 2000
    Hey, I made Highlander: Ascension, and this is the first I have heard of the RM being jumpy. This was on a Mac though, right?

Well, this is the first we have heard of it. We had a few weird problems of the file not being viewable by some people, and they had PCs which were equal to ours in specs. It is weird, but perhaps RM behaves differently on everyone's computers.

We had an over 95% succesful rate--no problems. But that few percents bother us and we're still trying to figure out the problem.

By the way, we have tested the file on several computers and saw it play fine, though all these were PC and not Mac.

13. lokmer

lokmer Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2000
    Saeed-

Such a supercomputer exists. The problem is not in the hardware, but in the OS. BeOS will most likely run on your Mac, and it will solve your RealPlayer, AVI, etc. etc. problems. It is half freeware (i.e. Basic OS is free, OS with all the bells and whistles and applets is $60 or $70). Linux, with the advent of FreeBSD (Xwindows) 4.0 also makes an ordinary desktop run like a supercomputer. Linux is total freeware, and arguably the most powerful operating system ever programed (even SUN is starting to use it on the graphical workstations for some tasks). It does take a little while to learn. BeOS, on the other hand, is a PHD (Push here, dummy) OS, and extremely easy to use. It's GUI is like a hybrid of the MAC and Windows interfaces, but much much more effeciant.
    Real Player is available for both.
    Thought you'd like to know.
    -Lokmer

14. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Elwood - first of all, great job on SW:HA. And yes, I am talking about the Mac version of Real player. We mac users often have a raw deal when it comes to software originated elsewhere - such software is often ported to us with poorly written, cumbersome coding which impairs performance. It didn't stop my enjoyment of the film, but the framerate was noticable...

Lokmer, thanks for your advice, but I have already taken the easy way out... I now have a PC as well as a mac! Basically, my brother-in-law who works in IT, was so impressed with my FX work in 'The Terran Conflict' he spent some months after seeing it collecting spare parts, bought an AMD processor etc, and built a PC for me! What a guy!

This is how I noticed Realplayer on the PC - I watched your very own BOTZ trailer on my new machine, and I was literally shocked how good it was (realplayer, not your trailer - though that was good too ), and I can view it offline. It almost makes you wonder why we bother using other formats...

Saeed TTC

PS Elwood - are you one of the people working on 'SW: Shards of Power'? That's one I'm looking forward to...

15. elwood731

Apr 12, 2000
    Saeed,

Glad you enjoyed Highlander: Ascension. Always glad to hear something like that.

You might be interested in knowing that the second episode is almost done as we finish filming this week.

Post-production will then kick it, and HOPEFULLY we can be done in 2-3 weeks. We fell a bit behind due to schedule conflicts.

And yes, I am involved with SW: Shards of Power, though not in as big a way. I write and direct HLA, but I will only serve as producer for SOP. The guy who does editing/SFX for HLA will be writing and directing it.

We have currently, unfortunately, fallen behind with it. There is a fight scene which has proven far more complicated than oriignally envisioned. So we expect it some time this fall, as we are busy also with HLA and other projects.

But great to have your support and interest in it.

16. elwood731

Apr 12, 2000
    Saeed,

Glad you enjoyed Highlander: Ascension. Always glad to hear something like that.

You might be interested in knowing that the second episode is almost done as we finish filming this week.

Post-production will then kick it, and HOPEFULLY we can be done in 2-3 weeks. We fell a bit behind due to schedule conflicts.

And yes, I am involved with SW: Shards of Power, though not in as big a way. I write and direct HLA, but I will only serve as producer for SOP. The guy who does editing/SFX for HLA will be writing and directing it.

We have currently, unfortunately, fallen behind with it. There is a fight scene which has proven far more complicated than oriignally envisioned. So we expect it some time this fall, as we are busy also with HLA and other projects.

But great to have your support and interest in it.

17. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.