main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Elections, Invasions and everything in between

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Incom4, Aug 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Well as most of you know the Indy Knights were taken over yesterday by a mad dug, a valet and Zuck. As some of you guessed this was a joke. If you read back through the posts you can see seens from AOTC and E1. I will let Seb-X explain things in more detail. I was involved in it and so were a couple other IK members and Seb-X informed the "old folks home" also. There had been alot of focus on yesterdays elections and this was a good way to get the attention away from the candidates and put on me and Seb-X (Plus it made for great drama). All is well in the IK and there are no fractions wanting to slipt off or take over (looks over shoulder) the IK. I would like to thank all the people from other Fan Forces who PM'd and e-mail me and offered their support and help. In the next few day the IK forums should return to normal but with a new IK banner up top.

Elections

Here are the election results:

WhoJedi is now the new IK Vice-President
    YodaOnMyLeg is now the new IK Webmaster
    Emerald_Green is now the new IK City Rep

My Comments On Vice President

First off I would like to thanks Jedimama for all her time and effort she put into her position. Because she has 3 kids and moving into a new home (Congrats) and all the other things associated with family life She thought it would be in her and the groups best intrest not to rerun for VP. I felt very strong who ever won the elections as VP who do a GREAT job. Both candidates are valued members of the IK and I would have been proud to have eitheer of them as VP. I would like to thank Boba-Binks for putting up with alot of "teasing" during this election also. Boba_Binks has a very good nature but also can dish it out himself.

My Comments On Web-Master

This one got a little dirty and I would like to thank Shara for the way she handle it. Webmaster is a position that takes alot of time and work and it does not pay alot :). I would like to thank Shara for all the time and effort she was put in to the IK site. I look forward to seeing what YodaOnMyLeg will come up with in the upcoming year for the site.

My Comments On City Rep

With WhoJedi becoming VP we had to have a new CR for Indy. Emerald_Green has always been a valued member of the IK. Ken has been the Book Club moderator since Dec. 2001 and has done a awesome job. I have full confidence that EG will represent the IK well on the forums.

My Comments the Socks

"Socks" are accounts set up by existing members to flame or poke fun at others. We do have some "socks" here on the IK forums. Most of their posting are in good fun but sometimes they go to far. Be assured that Seb-X and I know who 98% of the "socks" are. If they get out of line Seb-X will drop the "Ban-Hammer" on them. I will also contact that members and talk to them about it. If you have problem with a "sock" or a thread please contact Seb-X. If you are not sure if a "sock" is joking or a thread is real please contact me. If there is a hateful "sock" and Seb-X does not know who it is, he will check to IP of that "sock" and he will find out who you are.

If any one has any questions, comments or suggestion please feel free to contact me.

And one last thing................BLOODFIN RULES "SAOA BABY"

2. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Thanks Ron. Well said.

3. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    Pretty Cool!
    Hey V.P. I hope you are up to servicing the President. That was one of the duties to the job. ;)

4. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I might have to delegate, Binksy!!!

5. NOT_JediJeff

NOT_JediJeff Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2000
    Sock this, loser.

6. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    A tweaked "Indy" banner will/should be up by tonight... *crosses fingers* ...it won't look that different.

7. thraken76

thraken76 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2001
    Hey Seb, everthing looks good, except you probably want it to say "intarweb" on the side bar instead of "intraweb" like you have it now.

I do like the inclusion of banhammer and saoa though.

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    lol...thought it was intraweb...I'll get it changed eventually. I'm not super happy with how the browinsh curve doesn't mesh with the side and banner pics, but I wanted the IK logo in there and that was the best thing I could come up with.

I absolutely love how the background pic turned out...though you might not be able to see too much of it if your resolution is set too low. Getting it to repeat like I did made this ban happy dug very happy....though, I guess it does look like someone took a small bite out of the moon.

[image=http://mywebpages.comcast.net/Sebulba/background.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.