main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Electro-luminescent for $24?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Boskone_Kenobi, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    There are a rash of these on ebay. Master Replica sabers for $24. COmplete with lights and sounds. Can anyone vouch for their quality? Do these light up comparible to the $200 version?

e-bay link removed - Per the Costuming FAQ, please do not post links to e-bay auctions unless it is your own, or you have the permission of the seller. Thanks!

2. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    the only MR fx sabers that ive seen on ebay that cheap are ones that dont light up at all. you wouldnt want to get any 24$ EL saber unless you really liked the hilt.

3. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    <<<<<<<e-bay link removed - Per the Costuming FAQ, please do not post links to e-bay auctions unless it is your own, or you have the permission of the seller. Thanks!
    >>>>>>>>>>>

As if anyone reads the FAQ. I've got a life to lead cha cha.
    :pppppppppppppppp

Anywho the description says it lights up. These were displayed at Celebration 2, anybody buy them?

4. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I saw the auctions you are talking about and their condition is descibed as:

· Less Than New
    These items are partially functional and may be cosmetically blemished. These are not first quality and not all features work. These products are no longer covered by the Manufacturer's warranty.

So they probably don't work or look good enough to display. They might be good for battle (even though MR doesn't recommend it) If you want a working one MR is selling the luke and vader for $99 til the end of the year. It's 4 x as much but you get what you pay for.

5. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i just got one the other day and am waiting for it to come in .

jedi_pilot also got one , he said it works but the sound doesnt turn off til you take out the batery . fine by me . espesialy if mine is the same and he can hot rod mine to work fine .

35 bucks with shipping , i cant pass that up . i also thought of getting a second one to gut and make one of mine work .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.