main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Electronic Lightsabers

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I saw both the Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker(purchased) lightsabers at Target...1st new thing to arrive in this area for months! I heard from a local collector that Hasbro and the major stores had a falling out over excess AOTC toys...that Hasbro wouldn't take back.

I haven't had the heart (or space) to open Luke's lightsaber...but I really want to try it out. It seems like it would be a little odd compared to the Qui-Gon lightsaber in terms of fighting. Anyone know if this is true?

2. TNT1120X

TNT1120X Jedi Master star 1

Jan 4, 2002
    Cool! How much are they at Target?

3. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I haven't had the heart (or space) to open Luke's lightsaber...but I really want to try it out. It seems like it would be a little odd compared to the Qui-Gon lightsaber in terms of fighting. Anyone know if this is true?

I have no idea about the re-issues, but the old Luke saber is a little easier at spinning. But I still like Qui-Gon's the best. Does anyone know if Dooku's good for spinning?

4. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    Dooku's is alright for spinning as long as you practice with it(the Luke is better. But the curved handle does have its advatages. It's also a good addition to your collection...

5. DARTHVADER_ANAKIN

DARTHVADER_ANAKIN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2003
    I bought the Luke Skywalker lightsaber yesterday. It looks really good, except for the silver activator and the rusted piece at the top of it. But I like it. Now I just need to test it in battle.

6. TNT1120X

TNT1120X Jedi Master star 1

Jan 4, 2002
    and the rusted piece at the top of it

So the reissue of the Luke Skywalker lightsaber isn't the same (with the exception of the blade) as the POTF2 one? I picked up the Darth Vader reissue saber, and I couldn't believe how much shorter the blade is compared to the old POTF2 version.

7. DARTHVADER_ANAKIN

Jan 28, 2003
    I don't mean the very top. It has the silver blade emitter, then the rusted piece is below that. It looks like Master Replicas except that the rusted piece is huge.
    I have no idea if they are the same.
    But my blade was very soft while dueling.

8. jMo_Skywalker

Aug 1, 2002
    DarthVader_Anakin, I think you are talking about the copper piece below the emitter. The PotF2 version of the piece was also huge. It needs to be thick enough to hold the blade...

9. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    I am now going to do what I thought was impossible....

I am going to combine 2 threads into one story. Bear with me. This awesome tale will span the "Electronic Lightsaber" discussion and also...the legendary...So, there's this hot girl at Target mythos.

I had a day off saturday...so I thought I'd waste time looking for new toys. I first went to TRU. They had the Clone-troop 3-pack...but I passed on it.

I next went to Wal-Mart...strike 2!!!!

I was about to give up when I saw the bright shiny TARGET sign, and I thought..."well...its worth a try.".

Went into Target...BINGO!!!! I found ONE Luke Skywalker saber. I strolled up to the cash register and encountered the "hot girl". Her name was Tresa. [face_love]

She took the saber and tried to scan it. Nothing was coming up, so she calls her supervisor for price check.

While her supervisor is back in toys checking the price...this beautiful princess of retail begins making small talk with me.

I know...its her job to chat with customers...only she didn't go with the boring weather nonsense. She said...

"Oh wow!! I looooove Star Wars!". Yes, she said it with much glee. "Are you going to go out and fight the Empire with that?", she asked me.

All I could do at that point was grin like fool. I was a fool! I was her fool. [face_love]

Her supervisor comes back with the price and she rings me up. As I took the bag from her and began to leave, I hear her sweet sweet voice once more.

"May the Force be with you.". She says.

I'm planning another trip to Target, VERY soon. Tresa.... [face_love]

Anyhow...the re-issue sabers are NOT that much shorter than the old ones. Only about 2 inches.

10. DARTHVADER_ANAKIN

Jan 28, 2003
    Next time you need to redeem yourself and talk to her.

11. DARTHVADER_ANAKIN

Jan 28, 2003
    I am very disappointed with Luke's blade. It bends in half a lot when I duel.

12. jMo_Skywalker

Aug 1, 2002
    Hmmm.... I wonder who owns who in Devilanse's relationship...... :p

13. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Devilanse - Good story! I can only wish that something like that would happen to me. But yes! Remember the time and day she was there and go back at the very same time. Get in line to pay with her and tell her that your lightsaber comes in handy! [face_laugh] Seriously though, talk to her some more.....something Star Warsish. Hopefully there will be some chemistry and you can eventually ask her out. Good luck!

14. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    I am very disappointed with Luke's blade. It bends in half a lot when I duel.

Woah, man...calm down. ;)

15. DARTHVADER_ANAKIN

Jan 28, 2003
    It is too late for me. The anger is swelling... (Not really)
    I don't like to fight and see my blade go left and right with every block I make. My Anakin is much more durable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.