main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Elektra (tonight!)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Is anyone going? I will be at the 7:50 show at Boulder Station with the wifey and some friends.

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Oh man... I wish... gotta work

3. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    petra's making me wait til she gets back into town to see it.

4. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Just got off work! I'm going to see it at the Palms with some co-workers sometime tomorrow. Like maybe after the NFL games, lol :D

5. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    I read a review and they said it sucks. 1 out of 5 stars. I heard she has a lesbo scene though. That is worth going I guess.

6. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    "I read a review and they said it sucks. 1 out of 5 stars."

Does this suprise you?

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    saw it.

was just 'okay', if even that.

Remember how you felt after you saw 'Spider-Man' or 'X-Men'?

You won't feel like that. More like how you felt after you saw 'The Punisher'.

I never was a reader of the Elektra comics, so I cannot vouch for authenticity of any kind.

8. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Spoilers

Ive only read some Elektra comics, the opening scene was very similar to a Ultimate Elektra comic I read. As for anything else I cant say.

The movie was ok, painfully ok, no excitement really. I didnt expect to see Elektra fighting laundry after all, that was gay...

and speaking of gay dont get excited about the press blowing Jennifer's Garner's kiss with another woman out of perportion. It wasn't steamy or anything. Typhoid was trying to kill her and Elektra was as stiff as a board during the scene. It wasnt hot, it was contrived.

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    I wouldn't say it was contrived, as Elektra went all rigor mortis like as soon as they touched, to the stiff as a board and turning cadaver grey was in order, in my opinion.

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    No I meant the whole scene was contrived so they could have two women kiss and make a press event out of it and draw more geeks to the theater to see Jennifer make out with another woman which is so not what happened.

11. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    ah gotcha

12. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I just needed to beat on this dead horse a bit. I finally saw Elektra last night. I opted not to see it in the theater. And the movie sucked. It was just another bad comic book movie. The whole time I thought something cool was going to happen, but it never did. And the sheets flying around made the worst fight scene ever in a movie (possible exaggeration). They had some really cool characters on the bad side that died in stupid ways. That is all, we can bury this horse again.

13. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yep, it sucked alright. Wooo fighting laundry, will she make it out alive?

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    "Remember how you felt after you saw 'Spider-Man' or 'X-Men'?

You won't feel like that. More like how you felt after you saw 'The Punisher'. "

- Talon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.