main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Elemental themes in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Venator, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    One of the things that has always stood out to me in the Star Wars movies is the use of the elements to influence locations.

Hoth, Mustafar, Tatooine, Otoh Gunga, Bespin, Endor, Kamino, Coruscant all have a strong 'elemental' theme to them. So, what kind of things can we expect for the future? I'm not well seasoned in the EU stuff so I don't know if there are any immediate choices in this vein for ST locations... But if there are, post away. If not? What would you guys want to see as the basis for a city or world?

Admittedly, I'm kinda dry on suggestions myself - but I'd love a city with a focus on glass/crystal structures. Lots of reflections and shimmers, could be quite nice... And a great place visually for a duel. But apart from that, I'm pretty spent.

Any thoughts?

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Lets go to a crystal planet

Darth Venator likes this.
  3. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Mandalore would be awesome....If it's the same one we saw in the clone wars animated that is......

4. Darth Metatron

Darth Metatron Jedi Padawan

Feb 5, 2013
    The lens flare that may ensue could blind multiple generations at the films release though.:)

In all seriousness that does sound like an interesting idea. I could picture what we all recognize as the Star Wars design style applied to the materials a crystal world would offer as far as architecture. I suppose with crystals already established as an aspect of the force in lightsabers there's some elements there that could applied to a world like that as well.

5. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    FOR SOME REASON I feel like they should and possibly will include the characters that Kenner originally wanted to release back in 1985. This line included Atha Prime who's figure was later released as an Imperial Sentinel in Power of the Jedi line. That would be cool.....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Atha_Prime

6. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    The only things I can think of are a planet covered with mountains and a completely underground planet (like Utapau, but with cities built in underground caves.

Like Christophsis in Clone Wars?

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    We have a planets thread already.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    We still haven't seen Bespin. The planet... not the visitors' center floating above it.

Axle-Starweilder likes this.
  9. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Wow, thanks for posting that! I had no idea such things existed.
    Also, I like how that article talks about Tarkin somehow surviving the Battle of Yavin. And people thought Maul surviving was silly....

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  12. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    In addition to exotic new planets I would love to see some sort of interstellar megastructure like a Dyson Sphere in a system whose inhabitants harvest energy directly from their star. Considering the Empire and the Republic are deemed Type III civilizations, having such a structure should be feasible for many inhabitants of the GFFA. I realize that Star Wars isn't really "hard" sci-fi like Star Trek that tackles such concepts, but if a Death Star can be built, Dyson Spheres should be a trivial matter.

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Didn't Dyson patent every componenet of their vaccums? I doubt Star Wars could build a vacuum cleaner that had such suction abilities.
    [​IMG]

14. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    i, for one, would love to see an entire planet composed of macaroni and cheese.

15. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Was Atha Prime turned into Darth Plagueis?

Anyhoo, crystal planet - yup, I'd like to see that

Custard like planet?

16. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.