main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Elementary, my dear Obi-Wan-- a SW/Sherlockian London crossover

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Frostfyre, Sep 24, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999

Phew! Squeaked in to fix that with just 3 minutes left! I do hope they fix that editing option soon!!

2. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Great post!

[waves hand]
    You will write more now.

[looks on, notices nothing happening]
    You *will* write more now.

[still nothing...]

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ~~"Trust me, Mr. Holmes, if things develop as I fear, you'll have plenty of opportunites to see what a Jedi can do firsthand." ~~

I'm sure Obi-Wan's right and I can't wait for it!!!

Fantastic Frostfyre! I loved that Obi-Wan was unable to convince Miss O'Kelley that his injuries were only superficial.

4. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    Yeah a post!!!!

I'm loving this and can't wait for more...

you know...Holmes seems to be taking all this rather well, the Jedi thing I mean. <shrug> maybe thats just his personality...I am reading some adventures of Sherlock Holmes now, but I don't have a lot of time (I should be working on my midterms right now).

Always waiting for more!!

5. JEDIAKASH

JEDIAKASH Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2000
    Yes, Frosty has posted!! Great conversation with the pesky nurse. It was amusing to watch Obi-Wan's "suggestions" fail to work their magic. Kind of like Qui-Gon and Watto. I hope Holmes has the chance to see very soon what the Jedi can do.

6. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    "Ben tucked into the spread Mrs. Hudson provided like the a normal, hungry young man"

I believe the "the" here is extra, too, right before normal.

Otherwise, very good! Holmes is doing very good at surpressing his scepticism. Good boy! :)

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Fascinating! I loved the way that Holmes was all civility during the tea, exactly the opposite of what Watson had expected. And the way that Ben was able to hold his own in the conversation and catch any mistakes he might have made before Mary noticed anything. But the best part was when he tried to convince Mahala O'Kelly that things weren't as bad as she'd thought. She's definitely not weak-minded or weak-willed! I wonder to what lengths her curiosity is going to take her! Will she get in the way of Obi-Wan trying to find Qui-Gon, or will she (perhaps even inadvertantly) help him in some manner?

Sorry to hear that you were under the weather. Hope you have recovered sufficiently to post again soon!

8. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    up!

and please post again soon!

9. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Yes! I am loving it keep it up!

10. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
  11. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
  12. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Ok,i'm upping this in the hope of getting more storie.... ;)

13. JEDIAKASH

Oct 3, 2000
    Please post more!!

14. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Frosty, I deserve a nice long post as a birthday present, so get on with it!

15. Ping

Ping Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 1998
    Will it be enough to say I'm having an Oliver Twist moment? :)

16. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    Frosty where are you?

please come back and post SOON!!

17. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Frostfyre, I'm one of the last one's to expect an author to listen to my request of another post but I'm so totally enthralled with your tale I just can't help myself

Please More!!!

18. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999

Frosty drags herself from the iron grip of evil Darth Midterms, gasping for air. "Almost...there...one...more...class, and then it's...Fall Break!" (Which is only one day for me, but hey, it's the first day off I've had since Labor Day!!)

So...if all goes well, I will have a post for you guys on Wednesday. ::prays frantically that it will happen::

I've had a rotten week of midterms, midterm projects, and sithly computers eating said projects, and so the story's taken a temporary seat on the backburner. Not to mention that I think I pissed Holmes off for some reason, and he isn't speaking to me...;D

19. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    hey Frosty...

I know all about Darth Midterms, but isn't fall break great?! We get a day too, but its so nice to get a break from classes.

Sorry to hear that you're swamped, but I look forward to more on Wednesday!!

20. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    Cursed Darth Midterm and his heinous 'Force Study' ability! Is there no peace for we poor college students!

Darth Midterm: "Differentiate sin(xy)^(1/2)=cos(x-y)/-tan(2x(y^2))"

Rokangus:"NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MERCY!!"

21. JEDIAKASH

Oct 3, 2000
    Good luck with your midterms, Frosty. I wouldn't know, I'm still in the "wonderful" years of high school. But good luck, nonetheless, and I'm sure your pain will be mine eventually.

22. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999
    Heheheh...oh, for the carefree days of highschool...Happy Birthday, Lilith! I got your tape today. Did you get my package yet?

All right, midterms is over (one actually got cancelled, which is always good) and I had some time tonight once I managed to drag myself away from webpage building. So, since you were all so nice and patient...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightfall brought with it a cold, unpleasant drizzle that seemed to creep its way to the very bone. Autumn had arrived in London in full force. Holmes insisted that we wait until dark before venturing out to hunt informants. I was less than pleased at this?the slums of London are bad enough in daylight. It didn?t seem to bother Ben, however, and Holmes was as unruffled as ever.

Mrs. Hudson saw us off, a worried frown creasing her kindly features. She seemed to have attached herself to Ben, young as he was, as the perfect object for mothering. She was forever fussing over him or herding him off to the kitchen to ply him with food. As we left through the back door, she admonished us to be careful. ?Tisn?t safe, out there, Mr. Holmes. That Perfesser is a dangerous man?he?s sure t? have it in for you.?

?We?ll be careful, Mrs. Hudson,? he soothed her. ?Watson has his revolver??

She sniffed disdainfully. Our housekeeper had little liking for guns, I?d discovered.

??and I?ve my own defenses. Ben?? Holmes glanced at the young man.

?Is well armed,? he replied, though the only thing I had seen him tuck beneath his coat was the strange cylinder he?d liberated from Holmes?s study. He still refused to tell Holmes exactly what it was. ?Though I hope it does not come to violence.?

?Well.? Mrs. Hudson folded her arms across her ample bosom. ?You just watch yourselves. I?ve got a bad feelin? about it.?

Holmes shot me an amused glance. ?We really must be going, Mrs. Hudson.?

?I?ll have some tea warming in the oven for whenever you get back.? With a final huff, she turned and went back into the warm kitchen.

It was a long, cold walk to the borders of the nearest slum. Holmes, despite his reassurances to Mrs. Hudson, seemed uneasy, and deemed taking a cab to great a risk. I wondered at this attitude, as he had received no further messages concerning Moriarty?s movements. Then I remembered what he had told me of Rat?s death, and realized that it may have disturbed Holmes more than he had been willing to let on before. I huddled into my coat, with chilly drizzle working its way past my upturned collar, and kept one rapidly numbing hand on the revolver resting in my pocket. The shadows around me seemed to crawl; the lamplighters had not lit many lamps on this wet night, and the spaces between fitfully burning gaslamps were long. Our footsteps rang hollowly on the slick cobbles, and only very rarely did we see another living creature hurrying through the rain to somewhere warmer and dryer.

?You couldn?t have picked a more lovely night to do this, Holmes,? I groused. ?We?re all going to catch pneumonia.?

?Nonsense,? he replied. ?That?s what you?re for, Watson.?

?Part of being a good doctor, Holmes, involves preventing the illness in the first place.?

?You?re welcome to go back.?

I chose not to respond to that, instead turning my head to look at Ben. His shoulders were hunched against the cold, his hands buried in the pockets of the shabby overcoat Holmes had provided. As we passed a sullenly burning lamp, I could see that his features were strained. ?Are you all right?? I asked him.

He glanced up at me, his eyes hooded. ?I?m trying to sense my master,? he said. ?But something?s blocking me. I?m not sure if it?s because he?s drugged, or if it?s?something else.?

Unsure what to say to that, I lapsed into silence. It was another quarter-hour before we reached our first destination, a seedy little tavern titled The King?s Legs?the innkeeper?s idea of a joke, I suppose, on the hundreds of pubs scattered all over England known as ?The King?s Arms.? The interior was poorly lit and smoky, both from the

23. JEDIAKASH

Oct 3, 2000
    Awesome post, Frosty. "The King's Legs" was a great touch. Let's see what Holmes figures out about the Force. Anytime you're ready, I'm here for more.

24. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    one of your midterms got cancelled!??!! That is soo not fair.

The way Ben non-comitally (?) answers questions about the mind whammy has to be getting old if Watson is getting fustrated by it...

I love how Mrs. Hudson had a bad feeling about them going out...

But I am VERY happy to see a new post! I can't wait for more...

25. Rokangus

Oct 18, 2000
    "These are not the detectives you are looking for"

Ah, I love to see Ben in action. Please keep it up. You're doing superb! Is Holmes ever gonna get this Force thing?
    ROTFL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.