main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Elementary, My Dear Obi-Wan (the revised version)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Frostfyre, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nifet

Jedi_Nifet Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2002
    I just love this story! :)

2. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
  3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    And up again. :D :D

4. Frostfyre

Frostfyre Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 1999
    It appeared as though we would make our escape unchallenged. Moriarty?s henchmen seemed wholly preoccupied with the escaping Jedi (how did they manage to create that much chaos? There were only four of them.) and paid little notice to the fact that their other prisoners were also loose.

Upon reaching the main floor of the warren-like warehouse that was Moriarty?s stronghold, we discovered why.

?Ah, Holmes.? Moriarty glanced at his?my?watch. ?I was expecting you a good ten minutes earlier.? He stood between us and the door, Colonel Moran at his side, flanked by seven very large, tough-looking men.

?Yes, well, you seem to be having a bit of trouble down below,? Holmes replied lazily. ?Didn?t want to interfere.?

For a moment, I thought I saw a flicker of anger in the crime lord?s pale eyes, but it was gone so quickly I couldn?t be sure. ?That will be taken care of shortly. My men are very competent.? He flicked the watch case closed and tucked it back into his coat pocket. ?But I?m hurt to see you leaving so suddenly. You don?t care for my hospitality??

?I?m so very busy,? Holmes replied. He appeared content, for the moment, to play along with the Professor?s banter. ?And you know how things get when you?re away, they just pile up until you can never catch up.?

?And what sort of things are those??

?Why, stopping you of course,? came the pleasant response.

Moriarty chuckled, a dry, rasping sound that sent chills down my spine. ?And how do you intend to do that? You admitted yourself that you do not know my entire plan.?

?Actually, you were the one who claimed I didn?t,? Holmes said with a smile. ?I only asked if you would tell me.?

An odd expression passed fleetingly across Moriarty?s face.

Holmes folded his arms across his chest, assuming a pose of casual arrogance. ?You are allied with the pirate Mailen and the Jedi traitor, who goes by the name ?Sardius.? With the technology they provide you, you intend to overthrow first the British government, then the rest of the world. Your Jedi friend, of course, intends to set himself up as ruler?and you plan to be the power behind the throne until such time as you can betray him and take his place. Mailen is expendable, and I rather doubt he will live long after the takeover. You are providing Sardius with local supplies?drugs, men, and so forth. He thinks he?s very clever, exploiting your organization, using your connections to build his power base, and think that he can read all your intentions. You see, he plans to remove you as well as Mailen as soon as he is secure?but you?ll betray him before that, won?t you? I wonder who would win that fight,? he added musingly. ?Sardius is a Jedi, of course, with strange powers?but he?s not as intelligent as you are.?

Moriarty had gone a little gray, but his voice was steady and as cold as ever. ?You?re guessing, Holmes.?

?Am I??

?You don?t know who the traitor is.?

?Oh, but I do, Moriarty,? Holmes purred. ?I know who he is, just as I know why the Jedi are really here.?

Beside me, Ben gave an odd twitch. Glancing at him, I saw him hastily smooth a most disturbed expression off his face.

?Well, you are clever, aren?t you, Holmes,? Moriarty snarled.

?Oh, it was elementary, my dear Moriarty. It?s not the most subtle plan I?ve ever come across. Really, for you it?s almost...clumsy. I expected more finesse from a criminal mind such as yours.?

The Professor?s sallow face twisted in rage, and for a moment I thought he would fling himself at Holmes. He quickly managed to bring it under control, though his eyes still blazed with hatred. ?I suppose you aren?t so disappointing after all, Holmes, though I fear it will do you no good. You won?t leave here alive, and your friends on the outside will join you very soon.? He made a curt gesture to his men. ?Kill them.? Moran and the others pulled guns from their jackets. I lifted my own weapon, ready to take at least a few of them with me.

Then from above dropped to figures with glowing lightsabers, l

5. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
    Heheheheeee. By using the Force, of course. :) And even one Jedi can be quite a lot.

Wonderful as always, Frosty.

6. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Loved the trap within a trap within a trap. But for now it looks like Moran had the last laugh [face_shocked]

7. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    [face_shocked]

8. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    :eek: That was most surprising. You're doing great Frosty, I can't really come up with much to say; I just want to see how it continues! :D

9. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999
    The far side of the warehouse was engulfed in raging flame, the heat rolling from it so intense it was almost a physical blow. All of us, even Moran, had been knocked over by the force of the explosion. Ben, who had been closest, was busy stripping his smoldering shirt off before it could burn him, and MacEiver was cradling an unconscious Shannan?s head. Holmes was still down, but conscious and struggling to get up, the back of his shirt burned almost as badly as Ben?s, bleeding from dozens of shallow cuts and scrapes.

Moran, furthest from the explosion, was quickest to recover. He was on his feet even as I took in the condition of my companions, crossing the littered floor toward Holmes. I shouted a warning just as the big man aimed a terrific kick at my friend?s ribs. Holmes just managed to roll aside, and the edge of Moran?s boot only grazed him. He scrambled to his feet, shaking his head woozily.

The two men began to circle one another warily. I raised my revolver to shoot Moran and end it now, only to discover it was no longer in my possession. The explosion had knocked it out of my hand, and now I could not find it. I looked back to the imminent fight, and saw a flash of steel: Moran now held in one hand a long-bladed knife.

Ben saw it as well, and reached down to pull up his trouser legs. I saw he was wearing the boots he?d worn when we first found him, and from the top of each he drew a pair of daggers. ?Holmes!? he shouted.

I saw Holmes glance at him out of the corner of his eye. Moran, also alerted, lunged forward, intending to kill Holmes before he could arm himself. Holmes, of course, dodged. Spinning out of the way, he used his momentum to snap a kick at the Colonel. Even I, inexperienced in the ways of unarmed combat, could see that it was meant more to drive him back and away than to do any real damage. It succeeded, and Ben flipped one of the knives he held. It flew, glittering in the flames? light, straight for Holmes? head. He snagged it out of the air just in time to dodge Moran?s next charge and, flipping the dagger over so the blade ran along his forearm, slashed at his enemy. Moran was forced to move back once more, or have his throat opened up. Holmes followed up with a kick aimed at the Colonel?s knee, and though Moran?with uncanny quickness?avoided having his knee dislocated the kick caught him on the upper thigh and sent him staggering backwards.

Ben stood poised, the second blade in one hand. As soon as the Colonel fell away from Holmes the young Jedi sent it spinning toward my associate, who had clearly been expecting this, for he caught it as easily as he had the first. Now two blades glittered in the lurid flames as he waited for Moran to move.

In the years I have known Sherlock Holmes, I have never seen him engage in an extended physical battle with anyone. I knew he had studied many different forms of combat, including several from the Far East, and he had in the past exhibited a physical strength remarkable in a man so slender, but his usual weapon of choice was his mind, not his fists. That night, amidst the hellish surrounds of a burning warehouse, I saw a different side to my friend. All his grace and economy of movement came into full play as he circled Moran, knives flashing and weaving in the sooty air. The Colonel, for such a large man, was unusually light on his feet, and though he did not have Holmes? fluid grace he moved with the deadly quickness of a cobra, darting forward and back, seeking for a weakness in his opponent?s defenses.

He seemed to spot one, and lunged. Like Holmes, he held his knife in the reversed grip of an experience knife-fighter, and as he moved he twisted his body, bringing his knife-arm forward in a backhanded thrust, putting the weight and momentum of his body behind it. Rather than moving back, Holmes turned into the attack, along the knife?s path. He pushed Moran?s blade out with his off-hand, the ring of steel on steel loud even above the roar of flames. With his right hand he slashed up and over their locked arms, and I s

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray!!!

I didn't expect Holmes to use dirty street fighting tactics- he is British you knoww :D

11. Frostfyre

Oct 25, 1999

That he is--which is why he didn't boot Moran in the nuts earlier in the fight. I had a small argument with myself over that one. Being female, and having some martial arts training, and knowing LOTS of dirty, nasty tricks, my first impulse in a real fight would be to do whatever necessary to incapacitate the other guy as quickly as possible. I believe in dirty fighting, the dirtier the better, whatever it takes to get out alive.

However...Holmes is not a woman. He has always struck me as being supremely practical, though, and I could see him pulling a dirty trick like he did when there was really little other choice or point. Besides, this is a fiction story, not real life, and we all like a good fight scene, yes? So I opted to save the dirty trick for the end, and shuffle my "realistic" impulses to a back closet in my brain. :D Ah, the joys of fiction. It doesn't really matter if its truly realistic or not. In fact, I don't think anyone would like it half as well if fiction were more realistic...

12. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Frosty, I love you.

Wow. That was one of the best, most intense, and most captivating fight scenes I've ever read. Awesome job! :D Holmes was magnificent, I could literally see the scene in my head, so convincingly it was written.

More please!!! :D

13. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    *Stands up and cheers* Loved it!!!

14. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I've managed to miss two posts... drats!

Moriarty?s henchmen seemed wholly preoccupied with the escaping Jedi (how did they manage to create that much chaos? There were only four of them.) and paid little notice to the fact that their other prisoners were also loose. -- With Jedi on the loose I wouldn't worry about the escapees either. :) :) I love Holmes running through Moriarty's plans and Moriarty's expression afterwrd.. priceless.

I'm glad I et to move right on from that cliffhanger... :D :D

Frosty, Holmes fight was superb. I don't think I'd ever read him being physical either and I loved it!! I also liked that between the choice of a little dirty fighting and killing a man, that Homles picked the former.

15. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
  16. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Help! I desperately need another post of this awesome story! I'm addicted! AAAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!

*runs around like mad*

17. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
  18. Jedi_Nifet

Feb 8, 2002
    Up again ;)

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    I'm surprised I havent posted here in a while or commented on this story....

This is probably one of VERY few non-Imperial fan fics I really enjoy a lot and was willing to read. Guess that says a lot about Frostfyre's ability to write if she can get an Jedi hating Imperial fan to read a story with Jedi in it!

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Up! Frosty, when can we expect the next post? :D

21. Lilith Demodae

Oct 1, 1999
  22. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
  23. Jedi_Nifet