main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Eleven-ThirtyEight and stuff

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 8, 2013.

?

Well?

1. I don't care

20 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. Hm, neat

49 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. OMG COOPER IS MY HERO

44 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I do have a small complaint, though a very small complaint. We need like an index or something (even if just here on the forums) because I'd love to be able to read all my favorite articles and know what they're about. Maybe switching to a descending tag-list with extensive Star Wars subjects? Oh well. I'm currently just reading it all so that's not a bad thing.

:D

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Anything that recurs has a tag--there's a cloud on the right about halfway down. The bigger the tag, the more entries there are. Alas, we have no tag for "Chuck likes this one".

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I see the tag cloud. I just was hoping it might have more EU specific references. But I'm just LAZZZZZZZZZY.

4. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
  5. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Just wanted to congratulate The Loyal Imperial on a successful first article as our newest regular contributor--I'm really happy with it and it was received very well by our readers and the other SW blogs. This series is gonna be a barn-burner, methinks.

6. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Agreed. TLI, that's a terrific article, sane and rational in the face of what's been a lot of vitriol and knee-jerk despair. Well done, sir.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's certainly an interesting possibility. A Sith like Lumiya might not fully understand Vergere's goals and ideas- and so leap to the conclusion that she was just another Sith- projecting their own delusions on her teachings. (That's assuming that Vergere and Lumiya really did meet up at some point in the Vong War.)

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    The_Four_Dot_Elipsis likes this.
  9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    There are a lot of things also known by that title.

jSarek, Zeta1127, Grey1 and 2 others like this.
  10. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    The congratulations are much appreciated. And while we're here again, I might as well note that part two is now up for anyone interested in reading more.

CooperTFN likes this.
  11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  12. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    The graph for the New Essential Guide to Characters is particularly remarkable (and not in a good way): if the diversity thread were to ever have a flag, it ought to be that.

13. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
  14. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    It has a giant lizard right there in the middle. Did nobody tell you that lizards equal diversity?

15. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I recall being pretty surprised when I made that graph just how starkly different things were. I do wish I hadn't had to rely on such an old source though, but it seems like the updated version really isn't going to happen. Though, when I thought about it, I imagine that, assuming the numbers were relatively constant, you'd see white characters mostly replacing other white characters. ie. Revan and Meetra Surik, both probably shoe-ins for the new guide, are both white.

16. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    It is an older source, but still a fairly relevant one. One of the issues commonly raised with the current state of the EU is, after all, how rarely it introduces new essential characters who continue to be properly utilized by later authors. It says a great deal that many of the characters featured in that book still have a greater impact on the ongoing stories (or are, at the very least, more memorable) than those created since it was published.

17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Man, if I had a nickel for every time a franchise trotted out yet another token lizard character. Surely there's an article on TV Tropes about that. :p

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  18. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Bah, it's people like you who are part of the problem, always complaining whenever you see a "token" lizard character that the creators are just trying to be "politically correct" or that they "don't serve the story", as if non-lizard characters "serve the story" by not having scales.

CooperTFN likes this.
  19. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    You've credited me rather than Cthugha for Edge of Victory: Rebirth.

20. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Oh, ****, good catch. In my defense, that was a confusing round to call. :p

Interestingly, Parnesius, that means your personal total was four wins, which means you're now tied for fifth place instead of winning it all by your lonesome. Less interestingly, I don't have that master text file anymore, and I can't remember who the other people were with four wins. [face_dunno]

21. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
  22. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    You people like Assassin's Creed, right? Well, boy, does Hav have something for you tomorrow.

23. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004

24. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Fine--special sneak peek, just for you:

25. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    [​IMG]

Edit: You know, I haven't actually read anything on the site in a while and I see there's some Vergere pot stirring so maybe I should.