Lit Eleven-ThirtyEight and stuff

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 8, 2013.

?

Well?

I don't care 15 vote(s) 17.0%
Hm, neat 38 vote(s) 43.2%
OMG COOPER IS MY HERO 35 vote(s) 39.8%
  1. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Oh, is that how we can get Hav to do things?

Hav, you should watch Avatar. They talk about you in it.
  2. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Oh my god so much too.
  3. instantdeath Force Ghost

star 5
    It's okay, we know you're trying.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
    Hey, only about 75% of the things I wear on a daily basis are of British origin...

...oh.
  5. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Got Lanoree Brock's name wrong. :oops:
  6. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Best. Title. Ever.
  7. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    Aha, I see that you have correctly identified my alias . . . as an alias!

Also, if Uli ever posts anything, I require that he do so under the name Dragline.
    Ulicus likes this.
  8. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Yeah, you might as well have called yourself Droopy McCool. :p
  9. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    ...though that's actually awesome.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Jul 17, 2013
    TheRedBlade likes this.
  10. JStepp Jedi Master

star 2
    I really enjoyed this blog. Eleven thirty eight is a great read. I was hesitant at first because I am not a big fan of your non star wars blog (no offense meant). But eleven thirty eight has some great stuff. I especially liked your not a committee Episode 7 post and your Star Wars politics post. I do think the remnant should be around and I agree with NJO being the series that really feels like a new trilogy.
    CooperTFN likes this.
  11. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    I like your guy's blog. Now I want ten more entries on my desk by Monday. :)
    Last edited by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 17, 2013
  12. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Hav probably wouldn't do this himself, so this is me saying everybody should go read this. Especially if you've been paying attention to the Crucible thread.
  13. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
    I already read it, I agree with it, the current direction of the EU, has made me ready for the ST, so we can get back to The fun, and escapism of the Space opera, and the feel of a universe beyond just Jedi, and Sith.
  14. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    Since you've based the title on Nate Silver's site, will this blog also be moving to ESPN? :p
  15. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    ...538 is moving to ESPN? [face_plain]
  16. Lane_Winree Force Ghost

star 4

Personally I'm waiting for you guys to introduce advanced evaluative metrics to find undervalued authors in the Expanded Universe. This fandom has been long overdue for a Moneyball revolution :p

Edit:

From what I think I understand, 538 is still its own thing and will continue on. Silver's just diversifying his writing and going back to his sportswriting roots by signing on with ESPN in addition to what he's already doing.
    Last edited by Lane_Winree, Jul 22, 2013
  17. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    We're getting to that, trust me. ;)

In the meantime, there's always this.
  18. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
    For me Tim Zahn, Aaron Allston, Kathy Tyers, Mike Stackpole, Lucerno, Stover
  19. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    My patented Havacmetrics system indicates that Greg Bear's unconventional style has led to his production being unfairly overlooked by traditionalists. Meanwhile, editors who go for flashy picks like Drew Karpyshyn are undermining their team in the long term, because the stats just do not match the hype.
    Jedi_Glover, Zeta1127 and CooperTFN like this.
  20. krtmd Force Ghost

star 4
    Oops - I just mentioned Havac's posts in the Crucible thread, since I thought they were both great and timely.

I wanted to leave a comment on your blog, but wordpress wouldn't let me log in.
  21. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    @CooperTFN, go fix commenting.

I don't know, just do it.
  22. TheRedBlade Force Ghost

star 3

Does this make Troy Denning A-Rod, the consistently disappointing and widely-reviled "superstar" that we just can't seem to get rid of?
    Lane_Winree and krtmd like this.
  23. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    I had this article in the Tosche Station drafts, and figured it was appropriate to post now. I thought some of you might find it interesting. ;)

The Monolithic Jedi
    newdawn12 and krtmd like this.
  24. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Yeah @CooperTFN, go fix commenting doesen't work for me either. [face_tee_hee]

Like I posted in the Crucible thread I think people are taking the comment he gave as something different then Denning meant with it and that it has to do with the frame LOTF and FOTJ forced on storytelling (which I fully agree was stupid and annoying) and is by no means do to him alone, but as he mentioned working with others.

But yes the Jedi focus has massively pulled down storytelling, as the new LOTF Jedi like the PT Jedi are now only Jedi and raised to be Jedi from birth, whilst Luke and the others actually had a life before going Jedi. Funny enough it is exactly this against which Cade Skywalker rebels so heavily in Legacy, he might be a Skywalker and a Jedi, but he still wants to be a person, yet readers seemed to hate him for it. [face_sigh]
  25. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    It's working fine for me--even left a test comment. If it's the login that's not working, it could be a larger WordPress problem? [face_dunno]