main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Star Wars Elf Help

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by varza, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Due to the upcoming LOTR marathons that will be going on I was thinking of making a nice easy female Elf costume for the event. I already have the cloak-my crushed black velvet that I amde for my sith costume.

Anyways, i looked and looked and couldn't find the threads from before-most likely jsut looking over them each time I went past them. So I know there are some that have made them before.

But any recommendations or suggestions?

Need something quick and easy-due to time constrants and I am a pretty bad sew-er.

2. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
  3. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    Check out Alley Cat Scratch, the Lord of the Rings Costuming Research Guide. The link is here:

http://www.alleycatscratch.com/lotr/

They even have a quick and easy costumes section located here. The board was compiled by the efforts of the people studying the costumes and posting to the email list, the link to them is here if you can't find what you're looking for on the website.

4. The-Matt-Man

The-Matt-Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2002
  5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Varza, the ACS-LOTR site should have what you need. :) Under Scrapbook, you can also see what some had did with their existing dress/gowns which they convert into Elven or even Rohirrim Female Costume with a bit more cloth or trimmings. ;)

Still in doubt or got an idea but need help in making it a reality? Then lead over to the Mailing List to ask for some advices (but sure to point out that you have already check out ACS-LOTR or else many will just point you to that direction).

Hmm, The-Matt-Man, I think as long as one have a Global(?) Ezboard Account, one can check out and post at any Ezboard Forums. The only exception is if the owner set it to "Very Restricted" Membership, which I haven't come across in all the Ezboard Forums I had visited (came across it once under another type of Forum Provider). Anyhow, A.S.A.P. isn't the place to ask about LOTR Costumes. :( The last time I post about my LOTR Costume there, I got useless critics instead of advices. :(

6. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    that is an awesome site... thanks for the links

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.