main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Elite - A Philosophic Vignette about Republic Commandos -= Now with Cover! =-

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Corran_Fett, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corran_Fett

Corran_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2005
    I just wanted to write something about clones, and here it is. It's not very good, but maybe some clone freaks here can enjoy it anyway :p

Title: Elite
    Author: Corran_Fett
    Time: Year Three of the Clone Wars
    Genre: Philosophy, vignette

[image=http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7127/elitecover8id.jpg]

You were trained for this your whole life, training Sergeant Walon Vau had always told them. Failure is unacceptable.

Elite clone commando RC-1004, better known as Colonel Grimes, reminisces about his first mission.

It had been a disaster. Though the mission was successful, Grimes had lost all of his squad mates, his brothers on this operation. Their job hadn?t been too difficult and in the beginning everything worked without any problems. But then everything went wrong, his brothers died in an outnumbered battle against hundreds of battledroids. He was the only survivor, fought himself through the enemies and eventually finished the mission with success.

He was victorious. But victory felt different.

He got several medals for his honor, his bravery and his impeccable fighting skills. He was even promoted and became Lieutenant of the new founded Shadow Taung ? a special platoon of elite Republic Commandos.

But all that couldn?t deceive his loss unnoticed.

He would have died to save his brothers. He would have done everything he could. But everything wasn?t enough.

The time went on, and with it he led even more operations to success. But with it, more and more of the Shadow Taung died. But with it, more and more brothers died.

He had always thought, if he worked in a unit of elites, such disasters like his first missions could be avoided.

But wherever he was, it was always him who was the best, the ultimate elite soldier. He got promoted, from a Captain over a Major and finally to a Colonel. Usually, mere clone troopers didn?t get such high ranks. But he was no ?mere clone trooper?. He was the elite. He was the best.

In the end, only three members of the Shadow Taung remained: Grimes, the cold-blooded warrior RC-0860 Pred and the wiseacre RC-8001 Hoot.

Finally, Grimes had found a squad that soldiers had equal skills like he had.

But the way it took until he had reached that was covered with blood - blood of his fallen brothers, those who he had loved most.

Cuz, Scar, Binder, Haw, Cane, Jaing, Zero, Chap, Pal, Zem, Coder ? the list was long ? too long.

All his former squad mates had died because the best Grimes could offer was not enough.

It had never been enough and it probably never will be.

The power to save the ones you love most is a power no one has yet achieved.

Grimes is not the only man who hast walked a path of losses.

Jango Fett, the Prime Clone, the man Grimes admires most, the man who actually is him, has gone a way very equal to his.

Fett had always been the best. He had been the leader of the True Mandalorians, until he lost his brothers in a futile battle. He had been the best Bounty Hunter alive. He was the best warrior to be found and used as a template for a whole army.

But his way was full of revenge and hatred against those who had taken those he cared about.

But revenge never helps. It makes you only think your depression is taken, but in fact it isn?t. It even grows.

And this is why all the fighting, all the battles against the Seperatists don?t help Grimes in any way.

This is why trooper RC-1004 doesn?t go rogue.

This is what it means to be elite.

btw, if you want some background info on Shadow Taung, check the Republic Commando FanArt-thread (link in my sig) out ;)

2. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Nice, but clone commandoes always operate in groups of four.

3. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    That's wrong...

e.g. the Theta Squad from "Tales 22 - Honor Bound" has 6 members...

And any more comments (better C&C) than just "nice"? Anyway, thx for checking this :)

4. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Reminds me of something, Dave. [face_thinking] :p

Not bad. Although, I highly, highly doubt there would be a platoon of Commandos. The entire point of the RCs is to use a small team. And why is the leader a Colonel?

5. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Well, thanks for the comment. :)

As for the mysterious Shadow Taung, you should know something. It comes all from my head and is total fiction, but anyway:

SHADOW TAUNG
    Shadow Taung is the special op of the special ops. It is a secret platoon of elite Commandos (weird, since Commandos already are elite...).
    If they are not on an operation, they train 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. Originally, this special unit had 36 members. They were parted in 9 squads à 4 clones. Today, Shadow Taung has only one squad with only 3 members. But those are the best of the Republic. They are not know by either of the two other elite-units, the Republic Commandos and ARC Troopers, only Jango Fett and some high-ranked Mandalorian instructors who trained them knew that they excist. Only one more person, the Twi'lek Jedi General Vhar Nemec knows of their excistance.
    They all look like RCs, have RC-designations but they are better, much better.

Remember, nothing of this is true... I just wanted to have a special unit in a special unit. If you say that usual Commandos are the Marines, you can say that the Shadow Taung are Delta Force (or SAS, maybe).

And with Grimes's rank: I will leave this part shrouded... but I guess you will have a (this time, action) vignette from me about Shadow Taung some time in the future ;)

And check my 4th post in this thread out for more info about the last three members of the Shadow Taung. There is also a pic of them ;)

6. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Hey Corran, nice viggie. Very heartfelt. I liked how he remembered all his fallen comrades and you picked some cool names, too. In the Fan Fiction Resource, I believe it was Brant_Flir who posted a resource of a bunch of RC Commando links for references, etc. Perhaps you could add any links of references, diagrams, characters, etc to this reference page for the rest of us who write or try to write commando stories. Just a thought.

Anyway, nice tale you have here. You're a good story teller. I look forward to more. By the way, I believe you asked me in another thread what the GWG is. Click on my signature the Gentlemen's Writing Guild. It might be something you'd be interested in.

7. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    I already foungout what GWG means, but thx anyway :)

And thx for the comment, appreciate that :)

I actually have no real resources but the Game and the book (also the short story Targets in Insider 81). But there are several thread on TFN that feature RC stuff...

Give me a link to the RC-resource thread and I can post the meant links over there ;)

8. Brant_Flir

Brant_Flir Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    I like, i like. Very cool. Very interesting. Clone Commandos rock!

Nice fic.

9. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Heh. Thx. I'm totally with your opinion. RCs rule :cool:
    Be sure to check out my other Clone Commando fic ;)

10. Corran_Fett

Jan 17, 2005
    Just added a cover to the first post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.