1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

Star Wars Elite League Limmie [A Sports-based RPG, New Players Welcome]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost

star 5
    (OOC: Interview comments courtesy of @Tim Battershell :) )

IC: Lejique Beiron
    Game day vs Agamar

So they hadn't managed to pull off a win against Agamar, and the Lightning fans looked a little more than put out as they left the stadium. That was it for their playoff hopes, and that was something the fans weren't used to anymore; they had made the playoffs every season since promotion, and years before that in the GCLA. Losing wasn't fun, but the season wasn't over. Of course, at this point they might as well lose the final game to guarantee a high draft pick, but with the Commissioner in the building it was a very real prospect he might not find them adequate and send them back where they came from. The threat of demotion was very real, and hung around the locker room after the low-scoring game. Luckily she had been sent to talk to the Packers and managed to find a moment to speak to their coach, Asyr Kre'fey, and slip her a couple questions.

"With the low score and keeping Ylesia to only bar points, how do you feel about the Packers' defense in today's game? Do you think your offense should have done more?" Neither team had managed to score a goal, shut out at only bar points, which was a signature play style for the Packers.

"HSN keeps pointing out that our defence is weak, but we did better today. Mr Dodd is usually happy if we put more points up on the board than our opponents do!"

The Lightning fans would be unhappy with any mention of playoffs, but she dived in anyway. "Going into the last game of the regular season, Agamar's playoff hopes are slim, but still alive. How do you hope to handle Ryloth and secure that third seed?"

"We'll treat the Ryloth game the same as any other. It would be nice to make the playoffs this year but we're prepared to wait."

Lejique thanked her and returned to the Lightning's room. The Bothan coach looked to be in better spirits than their coach was, though she supposed it was the hope of playoffs sustaining her. Then again, few could look as down as Zan did; her job was on the line, and if they couldn't pull off a win, could be gone altogether. Their GM too, if the owner was really unhappy, which really meant that no one's jobs were certain. Maybe none of them would be back next season. Maybe the Lightning wouldn't be.

She shook her head to clear those thoughts. They'd get over it, work harder next year. Everything would work out.

--------

Two days before game vs. Nar Shaddaa

"Hey, got something for you." Arren tossed her a holo, which lit up to display the Devaronian they'd seen tampering with Kasin's apartment. More importantly, the holo was labelled: Kardus Labalsto, head detective at the Peace City police detachment. And pretty clearly a vile, corrupt cop who was going to get what he deserved when this was all over.

"How did you get this? I was going to poke around but I haven't had time yet." Lejique added the holo to the growing collection around her desk, next to mug shots of the two they were fairly certain carried out the kidnapping. It was getting next to impossible to work here but the more information the better.

Arren flopped on the couch in her living room. "I'm pretty famous, you know. And charming. Everyone likes to talk to me."

"Uh huh." More like he found someone to bribe. Or maybe there really was a huge Lightning fan willing to do him a favour.

"Heard back from our Agamarian friends?" They'd worked things out with the ASF pair, and had made more headway in the last week than the six weeks previous.

"They were going to go covertly to the ransom drop with Kasin's brother but it's unlikely the kidnappers would be stupid enough to show their faces there; probably use a droid courier or something to pick it up. Then Meh'tavesh was going to try and follow whoever or whatever picked up the credits, and Kor-nurr would stay with the family in case they hear more." Between all of them, they'd figured out that the kidnappers had been regularly demanding credits from Kasin's family; she made a lot as an ELL star, and shared that wealth with her family. But each drop had only kept Kasin alive, with the barest of proof of life - holos with Kasin and that week's Lightning game in the background - and Kor-nurr had suggested they have no intention of ever returning her alive, just bleeding the family of money first.

Which meant they didn't have that much longer; the family only had so much money. Lejique had another idea in the works, but Arren wouldn't like it. Unfortunately he seemed more than comfortable stretched out on her couch, and she couldn't think of an excuse to get him to leave. At least the cops were smart enough not to ask when she said she'd get some information for them; though they'd been pleased when she revealed her break-in - due to her results, that is - she suspected they'd be less happy if they knew she was about to try and lie, beg, bribe, or steal the information she needed. In that order.

"Arren, you might not want to be here for this," she suggested sweetly as she powered up her personal holocom.

He lifted his head enough to give her a confused look. "We've bribed enough people that it doesn't really bother me any more, you know."

"Yeah, I'm not planning on bribing this one." She raised her eyebrows pointedly as she unbuttoned her shirt slightly past what most would consider decent. Every now and then, being a Zeltron had its uses.

"And you want me to leave?" he sat up and shifted more comfortably, smiling. "This is going to be a show!"

"Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you." Lejique had done her research, and knew the extension of one of the desk grunts that she'd noticed had a hard time not staring at her when she'd last been in.

"Officer Sizet, what can I, uh, do for you today, ma'am?" It was harder to tell over holo, but she thought she had his attention. He was obviously barely out of his teens, which would help.

"So my ex turns out to be this awful guy, like, I knew he had a record but I thought he was over that, you know, and then he ran off with some little Twi'lek thing because I was too old for him or something ridiculous like that, I mean, I'm not even 35, but then I find out he stole my speeder and my bank info and the little womp rat thinks he can get away with buying his new girl a vacation with my money when he doesn't even have a job! He's probably sharing it with that scum he called a best friend too, and the two of them are going to take it all from me, all of it!"

That had done the appropriate job of confusing the poor guy, judging from his stammered reply, "I'm-I'm not sure what, ah, that has to do with police business, uh, ma'am. You do know this is, ahem, the main police detachment for, uh, Peace City?"

She leaned in closer to the holo. If this worked, she'd have to take back every bad thought she'd had about the Zeltron stereotypes. "Here's the thing," she acted like she hadn't heard him, but toned her voice to sound more like she was sharing a secret, "I really, really need a tiny favour from you to help me out so I can get everything back. Can you do that for me? Just a little favour? I promise to be… very grateful."

The officer nodded nervously, and she was fairly certain his eyes were not looking at her face. "S-sure, what do you need?"

"My ex's name is Terk Ohransa and his little scheming friend is Eepho Keld, and I was thinking that you could, like, check their credit accounts for me? I need to know if he sold my speeder and stuff, so if you could do that it'd be amazing."

The officer looked a little more sure of himself. "Oh, yeah, sure, you mean like run their financials? I can do that. I got the training last week." He looked away for a moment. "What are you looking for?"

This was the harder part. She was fairly certain he wasn't supposed to send her the full report, but she had to try. And worse, she knew if the guy got caught he'd probably lose his job, but with what Arren had just brought her about the head detective, she couldn't go asking about this in person.

"Do you think you could send it all to me? Like, the last six months, maybe? I don't really know what he and Eepho have been up to and I'd have to look at it myself."

"Yeah, okay, for both of them? Sure. You should be getting the data now." Sure enough, her datapad showed a receipt of the data.

"Thanks sweetheart, I have to go now, bye!" She shut the holo off to his protestations; no need to continue the conversation when she had what she wanted.

Arren let out a low whistle. "Remind me again never to piss you off, because you can get the cops around here to do anything. And break into where I live. All while managing a day job." He paused, considering. "You'd make a very good criminal. Or detective."

She shook her head. "Don't be silly. I like being a sports reporter, this isn't something I ever want to go through again. And anyway, I've had a lot of good luck. And help." Lejique reached down to button her shirt back up but Arren managed a mock pout. "Come on, we have new information, lots of work to do."

"Work later, our police buddies won't be back for a while. I'm sure they want first crack at this anyway." He stood up and tugged her out of her desk chair. "Come on, I've got to convince you to stay with me and not to turn to a life of crime."

--------

Afternoon, day before game vs. Nar Shaddaa

"There are a lot of credits going in and out of their accounts, as you can see." Meh'tavesh, the Sullustan ASF Lieutenant, was directing their little meeting after the ransom investigation the previous day had come up dry. "Interestingly, the ransom money never appears. So, there must either be another account, or they work for someone else."

"Any idea who?" Arren asked, but the Sullustan shook his head.

"Not as of yet. However, we have made progress in another avenue." He pinned some new flimsy to the wall, a list of what looked like addresses. "Based on the financial information retrieved by Miss Beiron and the holos collected by the family when ransom demands were made, this list contains the most likely places Kasin Urdaaza could be held."

Lejique leaned closer to read the addresses. A few warehouses, shops, and the like. She had no idea how they had managed to compile a list like that, but if they were careful they could easily search them all.

"Why don't we split up, check them out?" she asked. Two or three locations each, until they found Kasin.

The Shistavanen spoke up this time. "Splitting up is dangerous, especially when both suspects are known to have violent tendencies. And untrained civilians like yourselves would be in even greater danger."

"But we know the city. Come on, we're going to look with or without your approval." Arren was surprisingly determined, but it was one of his teammates they were searching for. And she definitely agreed with him.

"Look, give us the safer ones and we'll search those," she suggested, "and you guys take the shadier part of town. We'll be careful."

Reluctantly, the two agreed, and they set about splitting up the list and giving instructions on what to look for. She knew that ideally they could have had one of the ASF guys each with one of her or Arren, but she figured they'd be harder to slip away from and so kept her suggestion to herself. Her plan was to split the list further and cover more ground; they were too close to take their time now.

She grabbed a warmer jacket before leaving - Peace City was heading into the winter season - and went separate ways from the two ASF officers. Now to bring Arren up to speed.

"We have to split up," she told him. "There's five on here, you take these two and I'll head for these two, and we'll meet at the fifth."

Arren frowned. "I'm not sure-"

"It'll be fine, and we'll get to more locations this way. It's going to be dark soon as it is, and the more we check the more likely we find Kasin." He still looked hesitant. "Come on, she's been gone long enough."

"Fine, but send me a message or something after each place." He took down the three relevant addresses, hesitated, and leaned over to kiss her quickly. "Good luck."

Arren's locations were within walking distance, but hers were further, so she took her speeder out as he jogged off. The first was a cleaner's, the second a warehouse that shipped cybernetic parts, both in more expensive neighbourhoods and unlikely to really be what she was after. More than likely they'd get a call from the ASF pair that they'd found her mid-search. Hopefully.

The cleaner's was a bust, the wide open windows making an easy point of entry for her search, which just revealed that she should never send her clothes there. Getting out the window wasn't quite as easy but she managed it with minimal noise and injury.

The cybernetics warehouse wasn't quite so easy. It was much bigger than she'd expected, and she had to use her lock picking device to get in. No one seemed to be inside, but the warehouse was full of massive shipping containers. Someone could easily hide amongst them, or in them.

Carefully, she snuck through the maze of crates, freezing at every sound. There was no way she'd be able to search the whole place, she'd have to get the others to help.

"Eepho!" A voice yelled across the warehouse, and she shrank down in the nearest shadows. "I told you to stop parking your speeder outside!" Silently, she cursed. Obviously she should have parked further away.

"[I took a cab here, it's not mine]," a different voice answered, much closer. "[Maybe someone in the next building doesn't understand parking etiquette]."

"In the back alley? I don't think so. Someone's here for the girl."

Lejique almost gasped. It might not mean what she thought, but if Kasin was here! As quiet as possible, she pulled out her comlink and called Arren, while sneaking away from the direction of the voices as best she could.

"Lejie? What is it?" The comlink was quiet, but in that moment it might as well have been an alarm.

"What was that?" The first voice was closer, clearer, and she hurried away as her comlink squawked again.

"I think I found her," she whispered, ducking around the corner. She could only hear the first voice, searching, and kept moving away from it.

"Where?" Arren sounded anxious.

Lejique rounded a corner directly into something solid, swung at her head. Faintly, she could hear her comlink still making noises, but her head hurt too much to concentrate, so she let her eyes fall shut.

TAG: @Tim Battershell (for the continued assistance of the ASF and last week's game)
    Last edited by Rebecca_Daniels, Jun 29, 2014
    Trieste, Runjedirun, Vehn and 3 others like this.
  2. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Vesper Lynd
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura
    ELL Week 5, Monarchs at Miners, 14-3

“I’m going to do everything I can to make sure you don’t even touch the ball today,” Falene said, “You better bring everything you’ve got today because I’ll be furious if you give me anything less than your best. You’re my cousin, I’m going to make you sick of seeing my number the way I jump in front of you for interceptions, and tomorrow I’ll be a Monarchs fan because you’re my cousin and I love you, which is why I’m going to make your life miserable today.”

Falene was true to her word, there was not a second in the game that the cousins were not in each other’s face. But that did not prevent Vesper from putting up a couple of points and getting some assists before time expired. Fae wasn’t the only Miner defender that gave the Monarch’s offensive front a difficult time. Their rookie, Horst Penn, seemed like he was everywhere. Flying between Vesper and Rew, he snagged nearly impossible passes out of thin air like she was handing the bolo to him.

But the Miners’ defense wasn’t the story of the match, nor was it the Monarchs low producing offense. The headline coming out of the Blue & Gold Bowl was the ELL debut, shutdown match of the Monarchs newest goalie, Oss’irh’cgood. The Iceman, as Kelsei Seter called him, was pretty much a blackhole in front of the net. His efforts got him the fourteenth shutdown in Monarchs history and the fourth against the Miners. The entire match, even at half time, Ossi was cool, calm, and quiet. It was a welcome change after Abe’s Week 4 antics.

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Monarchs team hotel, Cambrielle
    ELL Week 6, Monarchs at Starkillers, 3-11

The journey from Bakura to Ralltiir was long and nearly unbearable. The only thing that made it bearable was the fact that Nicholas was travelling with the team back to Rydonni Prime. The official line was that he was heading back to spend time with his cousin Erika, but everyone knew the real reason was to be with Vesper. Having Nicholas nearby was a comfort to her, especially in a time when they were once again one game under .500.

So as she stood before thirty of her fellow Monarchs and Red Wings, the fluttering of her nerves only settled down when Nicholas gave her a quick wink. Looking around the room she realized that this was an unprecedented gathering of all the organization’s players midseason. Normally meetings like these were reserved for either before or after the season.

“So what’s all the hub-bub about, Cap?” Ford asked as the room settled down.

Vesper slowly let her breath out, “Well Ford, to be perfectly blunt and honest, the hub-bub, as you so eloquently put it, is about us.”

“Us?”

“Yes… not you and me, Ford, but all of us… the professional limmie players of the Monarchs and Red Wings. I thought it was high time that we started looking out for ourselves.” She glanced around the room at everyone, “Listen, we are about to go through, what, our third change in ownership since joining the ELL. We need to band together and stand up for our rights.”

Greenly was the first to put the pieces together, “So what? You want us to form a players’ union?”

“Exactly.”

“Woah there sister,“ Rew chimed in, “Are you serious? You know that the rest of the league is not going to go for this, right?”

“I’m not talking about the rest of the league, I’m talking about us. We need to come up with some sort of working organization that will protect us and ensure that our best interests are represented with whomever the new ownership happens to be.”

Over the next few hours, before heading over to the stadium to practice, the team hashed out a rudimentary agreement. With the help of Nicholas they drew up a charter in which members who were not just added in the last draft would all have the same contract and that all incoming draftees would be signed to a three year contract. During those three years, draftees would be associate members of the union, but once their contract was extended they would be granted full membership, until they left the team.

They also agreed that players who retired from the game as a Monarch or Red Wing would be allowed to remain in the union if they choose to stay. The last order of business was the election of a representative for the union to upper management of teams. Some thought that Nicholas was there to campaign for the position, while others were definitely opposed to even having him there. Vesper and Nicholas both ensured the rest of the room that he was only there to act as the newly formed union’s legal counsel.

“Now, if no one else has anything to say. I would like to officially call to a vote the election of the first President of the Professional Limmie Players Association of Rydonni Prime and Byblos.” All the members in the room secretly entered the vote into a datapad along with their secret access code. Nicholas would then take the datapad to the three suspended players and Bry Dougant for their votes.

Unfortunately, by the end of the week, the Monarchs would be two games under .500 and their offense would be handed their second no goal game for the season.

Monarchs Stadium, Ryell
    ELL Week 7, Monarchs vs Rangers, 21-8

Coming home felt good… it felt right. Finally the offense was clicking and the defense was still the talk of the league. Of course so was the offense. Despite having three matches in which they scored more than twenty points, they were still only averaging 13 points a game and currently still only outscoring their week 9 opponents, the Senators.

The other good thing about coming home was that they had their first meeting with the newly elected PLPA Union President, Uda Nazug.

GM’s Office, Monarchs Stadium
    ELL Week 8, Monarchs vs Buccaneers, 3-9

Vesper walked into Setarcos’s office to find three new bolos adorning his wall along with the one that Greenly Zo had firmly implanted a few years past. A small service droid was sweeping up freshly fallen woodchips underneath one of the balls. Upon closer inspection she found that each of the balls had the names of the teams that handed them a shut down, along with the scores. For the fourteenth time in ten seasons the Monarchs had been in the league they were held without scoring one goal. The only comfort that Vesper had was knowing that they had accomplished the same amount in the same span.

To: Bennett Halverson
    Rossum Bookmakers

Ms. Halverson,

I would like to place the following wagers for the ELL Week 9 matchups:

Smugglers at Lightning: 50,000 credits on the Smugglers to win
    Mercs at Storm: 50,000 credits on the Storm to win
    Rough Riders at Packers: 50,000 credits on the Packers to win
    Buccaneers at Miners: 50,000 credits on the Miners to win
    Starkillers at Rangers: 50,000 credits on the Starkillers to win
    Monarchs at Senators: 100,000 credits on the Monarchs to win

Thank you and have a good day,

Client 24601

TAG: @Trieste @Jedi Gunny & Everyone
    Vehn, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Lokensgaard arrives on Ylesia for regular season finale with Commissioner's Trophy
    • Lokensgaard: "It's Monday night, isn't it? Oya."
    • He followed up: "Preemptively, this is me not apologizing to the Wookiees for that. Mando'ade made the playoffs. They didn't."
    • Lokensgaard pledged that should the Packers make the playoffs, he will attend the Skywalker Semifinal on Mandalore against the Packers to make up for the schedule change that eliminated Agamar from his visits this season
    • Lokensgaard also said that demotions would be handed down at the conclusion of the regular season with promotions to follow the playoff results of other leagues
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Rebecca_Daniels @Tim Battershell @Vehn
  4. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Post

Last game of the regular season--for some a blessed end, for others the prelude to what really matters this season, and for a handful the moment that the entire season has been leading to. Bonus rolls to Bakura, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, Ralltiir, Rydonni Prime, and Ylesia.

Week 9 Results

Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Ylesia Lightning (40-16)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Euceron Storm (34-5)
    Ryloth Rough Riders at Agamar Packers (17-17, OT 23-24)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Kashyyyk Rangers (26-19)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Coruscant Senators (38-4)
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Bakura Miners (7-32)

Final Standings

Skywalker Conference
    1. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (8-1, conf. 5-0)
    2. Mando'ade Mercs (6-3, conf. 4-1)
    3. Agamar Packers (4-5, conf. 3-2)
    4. Euceron Storm (4-5, conf. 1-4)
    5. Ryloth Rough Riders (3-6, conf. 1-4)
    6. Ylesia Lightning (2-7, conf. 1-4)
    Solo Conference
    1. Bakura Miners (8-1, conf. 4-1)
    2. Ralltiir Starkillers (8-1, conf. 4-1)
    3. Hapes Consortium Buccaneers [Jedi Gunny, Adanna Inviere (GM); Vehn, Meredith Chambers-Vayne (head coach)] (5-4, conf. 3-2)
    4. Rydonni Prime Monarchs [CPL_Macja, Vesper Lynd (player)] (4-5, conf. 3-2)
    5. Kashyyyk Rangers (2-7, conf. 1-4)
    6. Coruscant Senators [Jedi Gunny, Christine Gamble (player)/Ava Killenger (player)] (0-9, conf. 0-5)
    Galactic Cup Playoffs
    Conference Semifinals
    (3) Agamar Packers at (2) Mando'ade Mercs
    (3) Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at (2) Ralltiir Starkillers

Conference Finals
    ??? at (1) Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    ??? at (1) Bakura Miners

• Client 24601: +250,000, new account balance 1,250,000
    • Client 214782: -60,000 credits, new account balance 265,000

Peace City Gardens, Peace City, Ylesia

The Commissioner stood at midfield, the Commissioner's Trophy on a table next to him.

"Gentlebeings, this concludes another spectacular Elite League Limmie season--and nothing was more spectacular than the eight game tear that the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers went on after their opening game," Lokensgaard said. The home crowd, if they were still there, probably didn't appreciate a reminder that they'd blown another game. "Let's recap: first in points scored, second best defensive team, and an unheard of +137 point differential. I think that today the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers have put the galaxy on notice that they are ready to defend the Galactic Cup.

"I now invite Smugglers captain Jayla Leed to accept the Commissioner's Trophy for the best overall record in Elite League Limmie," Lokensgaard said.

It remained to be seen whether Leed would actually touch the Commissioner's Trophy as it sat on the table.

Determined Draft Positions
    1. Coruscant Senators
    2. Ylesia Lightning
    3. Euceron Storm
    4. Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @CPL_Macja @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @jcgoble3 @Rebecca_Daniels @Runjedirun @Tim Battershell @Vehn
    Last edited by Trieste, Jun 30, 2014
    Vehn, jcgoble3 and Tim Battershell like this.
  5. jcgoble3 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sub-GM Post

Bonus rolls this week to (points in parentheses): Thyferra (32), Druckenwell (28), Concordia (28), Eriadu (28), Tatooine (30), Byblos (30).

Limmie Futures League
    Week 8
    Garqi Gunners at Thyferra Force (23–7)
    Druckenwell Marksmen at Commenor Gundarks (1–11)
    Concordia Crusaders at Eriadu Thunder (12–9)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers at Byblos Red Wings (16–26)

Final Standings
    1. Tatooine Sandskimmers (6–1)
    2. Druckenwell Marksmen (4–3)
    3. Commenor Gundarks (4–3)
    4. Garqi Gunners (4–3)
    5. Thyferra Force (3–4)
    6. Eriadu Thunder (3–4)
    7. Byblos Red Wings (2–5)
    8. Concordia Crusaders (2–5)

Tiebreakers: Druckenwell, Commenor, and Garqi tied on head-to-head at 1–1 each, so they go to point differential: Druckenwell, +25; Commenor, +4; Garqi, +2. Thyferra beat Eriadu in Week 1. Byblos beat Concordia in a shootout in Week 7.

Playoffs

Consolation Semifinals
    (8) Concordia Crusaders at (5) Thyferra Force
    (7) Byblos Red Wings at (6) Eriadu Thunder
    Futures Cup Semifinals
    (4) Garqi Gunners at (1) Tatooine Sandskimmers
    (3) Commenor Gundarks at (2) Druckenwell Marksmen

TAG: @Jedi Gunny @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn @Runjedirun @Rebecca_Daniels @Tim Battershell @CPL_Macja
    Last edited by jcgoble3, Jun 30, 2014
  6. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Post

HSN Morning Headlines
    • Lokensgaard announces demotion of Ryloth Rough Riders and Kashyyyk Rangers one season after promotion
    • Lokensgaard deflects criticism of their promotion: “They had their shot and couldn’t cut it”
    • Winless Senators to remain in the Elite League
    • Commissioner says that Senators’ history of success is not erased by one bad season
    • Patriot fans cry hypocrisy in wake of Chandrila’s demotion after 276
    • Regan Eldred, alternate governor of Miners: “We beat the Smugglers and the Starkillers and don’t have the Commissioner’s Trophy. Those might be the rules, but that doesn’t make them right”
    • Eldred hints that Miners will initiate vote to change Commissioner’s Trophy tiebreak for 278 season
    TAG: @Jedi Gunny @JM_1977
  7. Polydroxol Jedi Master

star 2
    GM Approved
    Character Sheet
    Team: Kuat Triforce
    Name: Axel Lenoan
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 239
    Physical appearance: Height 5'11, Hair: Brown, Eyes: Blue
    Homeworld: Kuat
    Relation to Team: Head Coach and General Manager
    Brief Biography:

Lenoan was born a penniless orphan on the streets of Kuat City. At the age of 11, young Axel pulled a Kuati aristocrat from the path of a speeding streetcar saving that aristocrat's life. The aristocrat, an executive at Kuat Drive Yards, was so thankful that he enrolled Leonan in the prestigious Kuat Youth School, one of the most prestigious and highest-class boarding schools on the planet. Three years into school, at which Axel was excelling, especially on the Limmie field where he was the team captain, the aristocrat sponsoring him died unexpectedly and the funding for his schooling vanished. Now Lenoan was faced with two choices, either leave school again entirely or, earn his sizable tuition by enlisting in the famed Kuat Field Jumpers, the elite Parachute-jumping division of the Kuati Security Force. The Jumpers payed high salary to recruits as their job was especially dangerous and the Jumpers risked their lives on almost all of their mercenary missions across the Galaxy.

Axel decided to join the Jumpers and balance this career with his schooling and now Developing Limmie career. After four more years in school and the Jumping Force, Leonan was offered a four year, full-scholarship to play Limmie for Kuat University. During his last month of duty before leaving the Jumpers to start school, a corporation of off-world ship-making contractors, upset at working conditions they were given on Kuat, launched a surprise, full-scale revolt on the planet in hope of overthrowing the Government. The revolt was eventually ended by the Kuat military but only after abundant casualties on both sides. The Jumpers had been assigned as special protectors to Kuat of Kuat, head of the ruling Kuati Family during the revolt. In the midst of the conflict, one of Kuat of Kuat's aides led an ambush against the ruling family in their meditation garden. The Jumpers were able to save the family just in time but, Axel was seriously injured shielding Kuat of Kuat from a blaster pulled from behind the ruler's back and had to be hospitalized for months with various injuries. After the revolt was over, Kuat of Kuat declared the Jumpers as heroes and the force were soon highly publiced and lauded with parades and banquets and other honors. Somewhere in this process, it was revealed the famous Axel Lenoan was an orphan and did not have anywhere to live until he could go to University and start his scholarship. Seeing this and that he was planetary hero, Kuat of Kuat announced that Lenoan would be adopted into his family as his own son and second in-line to lead the family. After making a full-recovery, the now adopted member of the ruling family, Axel attend university for four years at Kuat University and became one of their all-time leading Limmie scorers. He was drafted into the league by the Kuat Triforce, his home team and played a 20- year career for the side, captaining them to two Elite League seasons and one Elite League playoff berth in the process.
  8. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Post

The 277 Elite League Limmie All-Star Game ballot is now ready for voting. Please fill out the following ballot for each conference. Please note that you cannot vote for players from your own team. Every team will have at least one representative on their conference’s all-star team. Please PM your votes to me by the end of the day on June 13. (Polydroxol, you are welcome to vote as a "fan" if you've been following the season long enough to feel confident enough in your votes.)

Skywalker Conference
    Head coach:
    Goalkeeper:
    Defender:
    Defender:
    Defender:
    Midfielder:
    Forward:
    Forward:
    Forward:

Solo Conference
    Head coach:
    Goalkeeper:
    Defender:
    Defender:
    Defender:
    Midfielder:
    Forward:
    Forward:
    Forward:

HSN Scouting Final Draft Rankings

Goalkeepers
    1. Mort (Rodian, Male, Goalkeeper, The Ord Saboak University)
    2. Kaat Sun (Hapan, Female, Goalkeeper, Ralltiir University)
    3. Kosh Ul'kesh (Whipid, Male, Goalkeeper, University of Agamar)
    Defenders
    1. Lou Jeffers (Human, Male, Full Back, Imperial College of Bastion)
    2. Lena Roselli (Hapan, Female, Defensive Back, Royal College of Hapes)
    3. Jordan Horste (Togruta, Male, Right Half Back, Ralltiir University)
    4. Zelena Wiles (Human, Female, Half Back, Prytis College of Natural Sciences)
    5. Vex Blooker (Zabrak, Male, Corner Back, Citadel University of Anaxes)
    6. Laqis Turnud (Devaronian, Female, Full Back, University of Devaron)
    7. Quinlyn Zha'rel (Half-Nagai, Female, Defensive Back, Sposia Medical University)
    8. Alynn Tran (Togruta, Female, Half Back, University of Shili)
    9. Walter Paitone (Human, Male, Half Back, Vertical City University)
    10. Deluxx (Weequay, Male, Full Back, University of Tatooine, Anchorhead)
    11. Welnlseh (Selkath, Male, Corner Back, Manaan Technical Institute)
    Midfielders
    1. Sharsy Wenips (Zeltron, Female, Midfielder, University of Euceron at Awuca)
    2. Ric Anderson (Human, Male, Midfielder, Tanaab A&M)
    3. Ellie Knott (Human, Female, Midfielder, University of Agamar)
    4. Elgin Cormorant (Umbaran, Male, Midfielder, UB Cape Suzette)
    5. Alan Knott (Human, Male, Midfielder, University of Agamar)
    Forwards
    1. Noj Elbog (Human, Male, Corner Forward, National University)
    2. Leia Adama (Human, Female, Full Forward, UB Telaan Valley)
    3. Megan Meeks (Human, Female, Corner Forward, The Ord Saboak University)
    4. Laura Cellen (Human, Female, Forward, Grand Vulpter System University)
    5. Rhonda Gabor (Human, Female, Forward, Republican University)
    6. Tadhara Tunni (Devaronian, Female, Half Forward, University of Kuat)
    7. Lowatha (Wookiee, Male, Half Forward, University of Kashyyyk)
    8. Victoria Duchamp (Human, Female, Forward, Brentaal College of Commerce)
    9. Sula Le’kri (Bothan, Female, Full Forward, Bothawui School of Business)
    10. Garvin Stommer (Human, Male, Half Forward, University of Corellia, Bella Vistal)
    11. Rhia Saunders (Human, Female, Forward, Druckenwell Technical University)
    12. Landra Wygins (Zelosian, Female, Corner Forward, Coruscant Polytechnic Institute)
    13. Olle Quiver (Human, Male, Forward, University of Myrkyr)
    14. Yolanda Dunerider (Humane, Female, Right Half Forward, Tatooine University)
    15. Callie Polarez (Human, Female, Forward, Brentaal College of Commerce)
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @CPL_Macja @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @JM_1977 @Polydroxol @Rebecca_Daniels @Runjedirun @Tim Battershell @Vehn
  9. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Post

All-Star Game Nomination List

Skywalker Conference
    Head Coach
    • Lu Braun (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • John Huntington (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Asyr Kre’fey (Agamar Packers)
    • Jodge Mothker (Ryloth Rough Riders)
    • Haron orus (Euceron Storm)
    • Sunlua Zan (Ylesia Lightning)
    Goalkeeper
    • Chenkabukk (Euceron Storm)
    • Yorfac Gi’lon (Ryloth Rough RIders)
    • Jayla Leed (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Mij Katan (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Korlo Penin (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Hohass Vesh (Agamar Packers)
    Defender
    • Allanabuck (Agamar Packers)
    • Carder Blylock (Ryloth Rough Riders)
    • Leroy Brown (Euceron Storm)
    • Chalporrin (Euceron Storm)
    • Chokazza (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Baraduc Fivvic (Agamar Packers)
    • Betrian Gunonel (Ryloth Rougher Riders)
    • Sezerard Fuunke (Ylesia Lightning)
    • “Killer” K’Karlson (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Branco Nagriski (Ryloth Rough Riders)
    • Saba Raine (Agamar Packers)
    • Paul Rooker (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Manta Se’o (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Shahka (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Bree Tarth (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Ike Tullo (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Unia Yistra (Euceron Storm)
    • Ken Zetter (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Midfielder
    • Cachbarukh (Agamar Packers)
    • Clarisse (Euceron Storm)
    • Argo Mor’kesh (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Goota Swiftlight (Ryloth Rough Riders)
    • Prya Tiin (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Erin Windreaver (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Forward
    • Miles Abrams (Agamar Packers)
    • Fu Arock (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Gargova Broussard (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Jeem Daryc (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Veiana Eitos (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Mezgraf Goot (Agamar Packers)
    • Morto Goot (Agamar Packers)
    • Mo Klaret (Euceron Storm)
    • Syra Kuna (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Shady Lerouex (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Jonathon Lieznam (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Numer’or (Ryloth Rough Riders)
    • Porsk Rett’ii (Euceron Storm)
    • Upma (Ryloth Rough Riders)
    • Zoa Vra (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Asyel Yan’ii (Euceron Storm)
    • Akaeema Zargana (Ryloth Rough Riders)
    Solo Conference
    Head Coach
    • Meredith Chambers-Vayne (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Romo Benedict Crowley III (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Jed Ortmeyer (Coruscant Senators)
    • Quoiswa (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Trey Till (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Gaeriel Valerii (Bakura Miners)
    Goalkeeper
    • Zeke Barbosa (Coruscant Senators)
    • Lizbit Comstock (Bakura Miners)
    • Grorwaa (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Camille Montes (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Oss’irh’cgood (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    Teaspoon (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Defender
    • Ty Allin (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Bo’gruth (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Pam Bouvier (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Christine Gamble (Coruscant Senators)
    • Melina Havelock (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Aley Helios (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Loma Ikell (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Khrussk (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Jenna Leed (Coruscant Senators)
    • Rana Lel Dey (Coruscant Senators)
    • Liss (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Horst Penn (Bakura Miners)
    • Rakcheen (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Bella Starr (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Falene Trieste (Bakura Miners)
    • Abbey Waters (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Nelly Wizmark (Bakura Miners)
    • Cora Xux (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    Midfielder
    • Alana Glencross (Bakura Miners)
    • Heen (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Alyda Hovechar (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Alysha Romax (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Cali Royd (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Ye’ves’toung (Coruscant Senators)
    Forward
    • Morgan Alesh (Bakura Miners)
    • Anya Amasova (Coruscant Senators)
    • Winnifred Aptos (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Niskat Deenever (Bakura Miners)
    • Andres Fortune (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Frokabukk (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Grika (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Rew Ileo (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Jinx Johnson (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Loren Jul (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Ava Killenger (Coruscant Senators)
    • Krad (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Wai Lin (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Lowbook (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Vesper Lynd (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Tilly Masterson (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Aron Rodders (Bakura Miners)
    • Ynisse Zalt (Coruscant Senators)

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @CPL_Macja @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @JM_1977 @Polydroxol @Rebecca_Daniels @Runjedirun @Tim Battershell @Vehn
    Runjedirun, Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  10. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    First Annual ELL All-Pro Team (brought to you by the people who make the Power Rankings):

Goalkeeper: Jayla Leed (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Defender: Aley Helios (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    Defender: Ike Tullo (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Defender: Nelly Wizmark (Bakura Miners)
    Defender: "Killer" K'Karlson (Mando'ade Mercs)
    Defender: Bella Starr (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    Defender: Melina Havelock (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    Midfielder: Alana Glencross (Bakura Miners)
    Midfielder: Alyda Hovechar (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Forward: Mylessa McCloud (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Forward: Aron Rodders (Bakura Miners)
    Forward: Niskat Deenever (Bakura Miners)
    Forward: Andres Fortune (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Forward: Jeem Daryc (Mando'ade Mercs)
    Forward: Akaeema Zargana (Ryloth Rough Riders)

TAGS to the winners, @Bardan_Jusik, @Tim Battershell, @Vehn, @CPL_Macja, @Runjedirun

NOTE: This is not endorsement for any particular players (just my own opinion).
  11. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Power Rankings!

1. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers – What a turnaround! Eight straight is nothing to sneeze at in the win column, and now they have another Commissioner’s Trophy! Have mercy on us, says the rest of the league. We are not worthy! N/C

2. Ralltiir Starkillers – Played one great season. It’s just too bad Bakura decided to go 8-1 as well, because we wanted this see the road to the Galactic Cup Final go through Cambrielle. Curse you, Miners! [IMG] 1

3. Bakura Miners – Beating up on backups is nothing to be proud of. It just means the C-Bucs have rested starters and an intense desire to counterpunch should these two teams meet again. [IMG] 1

4. Mando’ade Mercs – Solid season in the midst of utter flux. We have no idea how they pulled it off, but it’s quite the story. Maybe they should make a movie of this someday.
    Editor’s Note: Nah, that’s stupid. N/C

5. Agamar Packers – No one saw the Packers coming out of nowhere to take the third playoff spot in the Skywalker. Of course, we still don’t believe the Packers have the defense necessary to slow down the Mercs or the juggernaut that is Nar Shaddaa. [IMG] 4

6. Hapes Consortium Buccaneers – Didn’t play well, but you can blame that on the backups and the Miners just being that good. We want a rematch when both teams are actually playing full strength. [IMG] 1

7. Euceron Storm – Epic collapse leads to this team looking for answers. But hey, at least unlike some other team that couldn’t get off the losing slide, at least this team has a pulse. And they won’t be demoted!
    Editor’s Note: The Senators weren’t demoted.
    P.S.: (Note redacted due to mature content unsuitable for publication – basically means disappointment in this being the reality of the situation) N/C

8. Rydonni Prime Monarchs – Took a major step backwards on offense this season, but that can be fixed. If they find forwards other than Lynd who can score, then they should be scary next season. And no, whipping the Senators like that proves nothing, because everyone else in the League already did that. [IMG] 2

9. Ryloth Rough Riders – We can go on not caring about this team. At least they came and put up a decent fight. [IMG] 1

10. Ylesia Lightning – Just give Kasin the MVP for not being around all year and the Lightning sucking because of it. N/C

11. Denon Demons – We want Denon! You hear that? We want Denon! N/C

12. Stewjon Metropolitans – Mr. Met is still cool. Enough said. N/C

TAG: @Runjedirun, @Vehn, @Trieste, @Bardan_Jusik, @CPL_Macja, @Tim Battershell, @jcgoble3, @Rebecca_Daniels
    Trieste, Runjedirun, Vehn and 3 others like this.
  12. CPL_Macja Force Ghost

star 5
    Sub-Sub-GM Post
    277 Premier League Limmie

Final Standings
    Northern Galactic Conference
    1. Kessel Runners (7-2, conf. 4-1)
    2. Balmorra Blasters (7-2, conf. 3-2)
    3. Alsaken Flyers (6-3, conf. 4-1)
    4. Sabilon Skookumchucks (4-5, conf. 1-4)
    5. Mon Calamari Mariners (3-6, conf. 1-4)
    6. Empress Teta Pikemen (2-7, conf. 2-3)

Southern Galactic Conference
    1. Stewjon Metropolitans (6-3, conf. 5-0)
    2. Kuat Triforce (6-3, conf. 4-1)
    3. Bison Sabres (5-4, conf. 3-2)
    4. Kamino Waves (4-5, conf. 1-4)
    5. Naboo Ducks (2-7, conf. 1-4)
    6. Fondor Freedom (2-7, conf. 1-4)

Premiership Playoffs
    Conference Semifinals
    Northern Galactic Conference
    (4)Sabilon Skookumchucks at (1)Kessel Runners
    (3)Alsaken Flyers at (2)Balmorra Blasters

Southern Galactic Conference
    (4)Kamino Waves at (1)Stewjon Metropolitans
    (3)Bison Sabres at (2)Kuat Triforce
    Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    IC: Christine Gamble
    Hell

They said things couldn’t get worse. They said that things could only get better.

Apparently they, whoever they were, had never worn a Coruscant Senators uniform.

The season of hellacious mediocrity was reaching its final conclusion, a fitting blowout loss at the hands of Rydonni Prime that somehow seemed to put the final cherry on the top for the Elite League. They had completely dismembered the Senators, and it was on Christine’s mind as she picked herself off the turf once more after a hard hit by a Monarch even though they were up by a ton of points. The League had done what it had wanted to do for years; knock the Senators out of the league. She couldn’t handle this any longer; something was going to give.

It didn’t help matters that someone smashed Ava Killenger’s foot into the ground and twisted it on a routine play, which caused the rookie to topple over with a now-battered ankle. That had been in the first half, and Ava’s season was done with a sprained ankle. That had been the story of things for the Senators; Christine was shocked to hear that it wasn’t a more serious injury, considering that no other team in the League ever had injury issues. It was like the Limmie Gods didn’t want anyone but the Senators to suffer from injuries, like other teams were immune to them.

Fifteen minutes was all Christine would play in the game because she finally went to Coach Ortmeyer and gave him the ‘kill’ gesture. She was done, this team was done, and they were all dead meat when the Commissioner finally brought the hammer down on them. Would Gark S’rily want to keep any of them, even her, around?

When the game was over, the Senators trudged back to the locker room, fully able to hear the cheering of the Rydonni Prime fans who had made the trip here to see their team play and completely dominate their rivals once again. It was becoming a trend for Senator rivals to rip off huge games . . . then again, everyone in the frakking league was doing that. The Monarchs hadn’t done anything special, just taking it up a small notch from where Ralltiir, Bakura, and Hapes had left off with the severity of the beatings.

Christine couldn’t take it anymore. She had now lost 13 straight games in which she had participated, which was unheard of. How could a team be that bad for so long? It just wasn’t fair. Why was she getting screwed over time and again like this? If someone else was going through something similar, Christine would understand, but no one was there to comfort her. The Coruscanti media had basically blackmailed her; one media pundit had even said she was better off committing suicide to save face rather than continue to play for the Senators. And the biggest problem was, no one came to her side. The fans had turned on her, had turned on the team. Undoubtedly they had loved every minute of this beatdown in some twisted, perverted way that only disenchanted fans could ever comprehend.

Christine walked straight into the GM office as her teammates milled around the locker room, relieved that this season of complete disasters was finally over. After all, they were the worst team in Elite League history; not something you were proud of. At the desk sat Gark S’rily, but the once-proud Bothan was reduced to sitting in his chair with his head down on it. His eyes shifted up to look at the corner back as she entered. “What the hell do you want?” he asked.

“You have my permission to seek trades out for me in the offseason,” Christine said. “I know I’m just dragging this team down, and you’ll get some value in exchange for me. Not much, but it’s a start.”

“Is that really what you want?” S’rily asked.

“I don’t think I have a choice,” Christine finally said after a pause. “Anything is better than being around here when everyone hates your guts and you’re unable to do anything about it.”

“Welcome to my frakking world,” the GM said. “Are you done?”

“I think so,” Christine said before she left the office. It was obvious that the Bothan was in a lot of pain. She couldn’t blame him; there was a Hall-of-Famer reduced to utter ruin. Not only had his credibility tanked in just one season, but the Senators had undoubtedly lost millions of credits on the stadium and wages. Many workers would likely sue for their lost wages from not getting to go to work. It was a complete and utter disaster, the Armageddon that had completely annihilated one party (the team) without any damage done to the other party (the other teams in the League).

As she took off her uniform, she tossed it in a ball in the nearest trash bin. It likely would get taken out and washed anyways by the cleaning droids, but she wanted to throw all of these painful memories away. They had cost her everything; her career was now in sharp decline, because she had all of one good game all season long. Was she even worth a third-round pick now? Doubtful. She was useless, and playing for the worst team to ever exist. And, deep down inside, she knew it was her fault.

The words of Dirxx Horstse echoed in her head. This too shall pass, when the morning comes, the mantra apparently went.

Apparently the guy who made that mantra, Christine knew, had never worn a Senators uniform.

TAG: @CPL_Macja

NOTE: Christine is now available on the trading block, as are all of my players.
    Last edited by Jedi Gunny, Jul 1, 2014
    Vehn likes this.
  14. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    Last edited by Trieste, Jul 1, 2014
    Vehn likes this.
  15. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Sub-GM Post

Daily College Headlines:

• Republican University wins the Super 16 Conference Championship with convincing win over Citadel University of Anaxes.
    • Atalanta University barely defeats Scholars in the Carnation Bowl; Bak10 once again victorious
    • Rumors fly that new playoff system will be unveiled soon.
    • O10 Commissioner: "We hope this new system will make it fair for all leagues so that their champions have a chance to win the Galactic title".
    • Rumors rampant that power conferences will have more playoff berths than smaller conferences.
    • KAAC Commissioner: "It doesn't matter how teams are seeded. The best team always wins, regardless of the league they come from"
    And now for your new playoff format:
    First Round:

University of Garos (SEC #4) at Brask Yashuvhi University (CAA Winner)
    Theed University (RAAC-14 #2) at University of Commenor (Veragi League Winner)
    University of Devaron (Wild Card) at Royal College of Hapes (Rim 10 #2)
    UC Bella Vistal (S16 #3) at College of Deredith and Millicent (Bak10 #2)

Round of 16:

Taanab A&M/BYU Winner at University of Kashyyyk (KAAC Winner)
    Theed U/UC Winner at University of Myrkyr (Rim 10 Winner)
    UD/RCH Winner at Keldabe Military Institute (SEC Winner, #1 overall seed)
    UCBV/CD&M Winner at University of Zeltros, Paradise (Big 20 Winner)
    University of Bison (Big 20 #2) at Republican University (S16 Winner)
    Citadel University of Anaxes (S16 #2) at Taanab A&M (SEC #2)
    Imperial College of Bastion (SEC #3) at Atalanta University (Bak10 Winner)
    University of Iridonia (Wild Card) at Druckenwell Technical University (O10 Winner)

Scores will come tomorrow for the First 4 games.

TAGS to Everyone ( @Rebecca_Daniels, @Trieste, @Vehn, @Tim Battershell, @Bardan_Jusik, @CPL_Macja, @jcgoble3, @Runjedirun)
    Vehn, CPL_Macja, Trieste and 2 others like this.
  16. Runjedirun Force Ghost

star 6
    IC: Martin Vigo

Till played a smart game on Kashyyyk. He let the starters take a commanding 19 – 4 lead then put in our reserves who were able to hold on for the win. Richard and I enjoyed ale and sampled the local cuisine while we kept on eye on the game and discussed team business. Odette was thriving on the Sandskimmers squad and I was very interested in having her move up to the Starkillers next season. We could certainly use her as a reserve or possibly even a starter, depending on if we were able to re-sign Lightcin at the end of the season. If she was reduced to playing reserve in ’78 she’d almost definitely be looking at a starting position in ’79 when Jul retired.

“That’s the breaks of running the developmental team,” Richard said sounding a little dejected. “I have to give up my best players.”

“That’s the way of it,” I confirmed. “Whatever rookies we draft this season should be yours,” I said trying to bring him up a little in spirits. “Your job is to make them good enough so that I can take them away too,” I added teasingly as I dipped another chip into the spicy red sauce on the table.

“It’s Reeser and Sen that make the players stand out,” Richard said correcting me. He was right. I could tell that Richard was going to make a good General Manager. We switched gears and discussed his graduation which was a week before the ’78 draft. Richard wasn’t much for talking about the graduation though. He was excited about the upcoming college paly-offs. Republican was having a spectacular season and had secured a spot in the newly formatted system.

I reminded him that his studies were still more important than Limmie right now and that he should be studying not attending Limmie games. Of course he argued that he could be doing scouting for us. I told him not to worry; the Starkillers would have scouts at all the college play –off games. I went as far as to remind him he wouldn’t be given the reigns of the Sandskimmers without graduating first. In return he rolled his eyes, luckily for him my attention was suddenly captured by the holovision. The cameras were focused on Ty Allin who had spent the entire second half on the bench plotting. Till was busy giving his third string players pointers while Allin was emptying several pouches of Gundarkade into a cooler that was only half full of water.

The camera operator was unto Ty and continued to focus on him as Fortune joined him with another cooler and even more packets of Gundarkade powder. Till wasn’t foolish enough to keep his eyes off Allin forever. It was too late when he finally did turn around though. There were only a couple of minutes left on the clock and our win was secure. Knowing he had to act fast Allin picked up his cooler and dumped the thick gooey concoction on his coach. Till’s white shirt turned a bright blue. Before Till could recover Fortune handed the second cooler to Allin. This time Allin aimed lower and splashed another brightly colored mess, this time in orange on the coaches’ khaki pants.

Trey handed his headset to his assistant took off his sticky wet shirt and gave a retreating Allin a swat on the backside with it. Their smiles were contagious the entire bench and coaching staff were laughing. Even Richard and I were stifling laughter light years away as we watched them celebrate another winning season.

When the game ended I had Richard purchase bouquets for Reeser and Sen that we would present them with after the Sandskimmers game that we were going to attend in just a few hours. While he was out shopping I checked in at home. Madelyne picked up the line. I gave her a smile as I asked her how she was holding up. “I’m just so glad you have next week off before the play-offs begin,” Maddie said looking weary.

“I hate to break it to you sweetheart but we don’t have next week off. Whatever gave you that idea?” I asked.

“Last season you had a week off before the play-offs.” She stated with tension seeping into her voice. “Don’t tell me the new commissioner took that away?”

“We won our division last year. This year we weren’t so lucky. You have to earn a week off.” I told her.

“I thought you only lost one game.”

“Tough division,” I said with a shrug. “The Miners only lost one game too and they beat us so they were awarded the week off.”

“It is a home game at least?” She asked.

“Well yes, but I will be very busy getting ready for it.” I said gently. “How are the boys treating you?” I asked.

“Tomas has a good sized bruise on his right hip. He got tackled hard Martin and some other kid just stepped right on him when he tried to get back up. I took him to the med center; thankfully the x-rays showed that nothing’s broken. He gave me a real hard time for making him get the x-ray. When we got home I told him he needed to take tomorrow off to rest. He has practice tomorrow and since I said he can’t go he won’t speak to me. He’s in his room moping.”

I had no way of knowing if she was overreacting or not. “What did his coach say?” I asked.

“The coach just said he needed a doctor’s note to play again. The doctor in the med center gave him one. That’s why Tomas thinks he should be allowed to practice tomorrow.” She paused a moment and gave me a ferocious stare as if to dare me to take his side. “You weren’t there Martin; he had to be helped off the field. He was trying to hide it when he got home, but he was limping.”

“One day of rest is probably a good idea,” I said with a nod. “I’ll call him separately and make sure that he respects your decision. How’s Spencer?”

She shrugged. “Quiet, he has a swim meet it should still be going on when you get in tomorrow if you can make it.”

I also inquired about Zoey, Lucie and T.J. Zoey was perfecting the fine art of back talk. I was told. Meanwhile Lucie had taken T.J. back home after watching the game. She felt like she was a burden on her mother who had her hands full watching Zoey and the boys. Her own condo was probably much more peaceful my wife also said sadly.

My discussion with Tomas was frustrating it ended with me ordering him to apologize to his mother and a warning that he didn’t want to have this conversation continue when I got home. The warning hadn’t been enough because he ended the call without an affirmation that he had heard my request. There was no time to call him back. It was time for meet back up with Richard. He had picked out two nice flower arrangements for his coaches. “You will make a fine suitor for the right girl when she comes along,” I told him.

“I don’t really have time for girls,” he said with shrug. I had a hard time believing that. In my experience when a girl presented herself you found the time. It was good that he concentrate on school and his career for now so I didn’t prod any further. The game was a bit of a letdown. “You see dad,” Richard accused, “Us being here jinxed them.”

"Red Wings had a lot more to prove than we did, that’s all. Surely the Sandskimmers will get their rhythm back next week when it matters.” I assured him.

"I hope you’re right. Do we still congratulate Reeser and Sen?” He asked.

“Of course, they have the best record in the league. They deserve recognition.” We met the coaches by the team shuttle and Richard presented the flowers along with some plagues I had made for them commemorating their inaugural season as winning coaches. The team applauded them and they left for Tatooine in good spirits.

Once the shuttle had departed for Tatooine I said my good-byes to Richard and made my way to the spaceport for a flight back to Ralltiir. I got back on planet just in time to catch the tail end of Spencer’s swim meet. I slipped in and took a seat next to his mother. “How’s Spencer doing?” I asked as I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

“He’s won 2 events out of 3,” she said with a smile. “His next and last event is still about 30 minutes from now,” she added.

Spencer was seated with his teammates. Zoey was climbing up and down an empty set of bleachers a few sets down from where I sat with my wife. Tomas sat with a sad look on his face as Zoey zipped by him time and again. He looked over saw me and quickly looked away. Since I had the time I went to talk to him. He was still mad about missing practice that morning. I had him show me the bruise on his hip. It was ugly, just like Madelyne had claimed. I was firm, I told him that if he wanted to play again he was going to have to apologize to his mother for his behavior and start showing more respect for her decisions. In the name of Limmie he swallowed his pride and came to sit with me and his mother as Spencer approached the block for his final swim.

The event was worth waiting for. Spencer and the boy in the lane next to him battled it out the whole way, each boy taking and losing the lead several times. Finally in the last lap Spencer pulled ahead for good. I stood to cheer for him as he climbed out of the pool. After drying off he approached us. “Can I go out for a bite to eat with my teammates?” He asked.

After a few negotiations we allowed him to go. My wife and I took Tomas and Zoey for dinner and then to the spaceport to greet the team as they arrived home from Kashyyyk. Lucie was at the spaceport with little T.J. in her arms. Ty and Andres were all smiles as they disembarked the shuttle. I personally greeted every player as they got off the spacecraft and congratulated them on their season.

The following morning I met Till at the stadium. We talked about the upcoming game against the Buccaneers. We both agreed to treat the upcoming game like any other during the regular season. There would be no player introductions, light shows, or fireworks before the game. Unfortunately this didn’t lighten my own schedule much. I still had to have a stadium ready for a capacity crowd and a contingency plan for a celebration and send off if we did win.

The day of the game Justyne showed up with Zoey early. I was sitting on the sofa when she ran in the door carrying her daughter. She quickly set her daughter down and continued running until she reached the fresher. “Is your mother sick?” I asked Zoey.

My granddaughter just stood quietly in the entranceway where her mother had left her and stared back at me. She was wearing her Hovechar jersey and appeared to be half asleep. Sheepishly Justyne came back wiping her upper lip. “Must have eaten something that didn’t agree with me,” she said.

I wasn’t buying that. I was coming to the realization the Andres Fortune had made good use of his the time off I had given him a few weeks ago. “Will you be able to perform this afternoon?” I asked her.

“Shouldn’t be a problem,” she said putting her hand on her stomach. “Don’t tell anyone I was sick just yet, okay?” She asked.

“When are you going to tell Andres?” I asked.

She shrugged, “When the season ends.”

I told her to take it easy and tried to put it out of my mind as I got ready to head for the stadium myself. I took Tomas and Spencer with me. I had no idea how many years we would be lucky enough to host these type of events and decided to let them soak up the atmosphere with me as well as observe as I took questions from the press along with coach Till and even a few key players.

Before the players took the field for warm ups the three of us sat in the locker room and listened as coach Till addressed his team. “I want each of you to remember how you felt the first day of training camp,” he began. “You haven’t taken the field for several months and you’re excited to see the facility again. When you run out and feel the turf under your feet it feels like new. The child in each of you who began playing this game for the pure enjoyment of it will be awakened. This is your opportunity to prove yourself at the highest level possible. You will give everything you have inside yourself to win this game today. Because just like training camp if you don’t prove yourself today you go home. Season over. Nobody wants that. Play like there is no tomorrow because if you don’t there won’t be. Jul,” he said looking towards his captain.

"Starkillers on 3,” Jul said simply. The players counted in unison and placed their hands on top of hers as they gathered around.

“STARKILLERS!”

Tags: @Jedi Gunny @Vehn
    Last edited by Runjedirun, Jul 2, 2014
    Trieste, Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8

Sub-GM Post:

College Playoffs, First Round

9 University of Garos (SEC #4) at Brask Yashuvhi University (CAA Winner) 34 - BYU Romps to First Round Victory, First Winner in New Playoff Format
    27 Theed University (RAAC-14 #2) at University of Commenor (Veragi League Winner) 21 - Theed U upsets UC after strong games from junior forwards
    40 University of Devaron (Wild Card) at Royal College of Hapes (Rim 10 #2) 17 - Wild Card U Devaron destroys landslide favorites RCH, who had major collapse to end their season
    18 UC Bella Vistal (S16 #3) at College of Deredith and Millicent (Bak10 #2) 13 - UCBV defeats Bak10 #2 CDM to avenge S16 Carnation Bowl loss, UCBV Coach gets win against former school

Headlines:

• Devaron is rocking after their University demolishes opponent in First Round game; KMI "looks forward" to knocking down the "upstarts" at home in the next round.
    • Critics of system complain that smaller schools did "too well" in this round, and that the higher seeds were set up for failure
    • UCBV President says "We are glad to have had this opportunity to play a Bak10 team;this could be a landmark case for increased nonconference play in college leagues around the galaxy".
    • Playoff committee mum on importance on interleague games during college regular season on tournament seeding.
    • People of Bakura curious to see if Commissioner Kerry Trieste is interested in pursuing nonconference slate with S16 or other major conferences.
    • UCBV considered favorite against University of Zeltros, Paradise in the upcoming game.
    • KAAC Commissioner, on BYU's win: "They have a good team from a good school. We would like to show their champions what it is like to play champions from other conferences. That is the beauty of the new playoff system. Honor and respect can be earned in new ways."
    Round of 16:

BYU at University of Kashyyyk (KAAC Winner)
    Theed U at University of Myrkyr (Rim 10 Winner)
    UD at Keldabe Military Institute (SEC Winner, #1 overall seed)
    UCBV at University of Zeltros, Paradise (Big 20 Winner)
    University of Bison (Big 20 #2) at Republican University (S16 Winner)
    Citadel University of Anaxes (S16 #2) at Taanab A&M (SEC #2)
    Imperial College of Bastion (SEC #3) at Atalanta University (Bak10 Winner)
    University of Iridonia (Wild Card) at Druckenwell Technical University (O10 Winner)

TAGS to @Bardan_Jusik (especially for the KMI comments ;)), @CPL_Macja, @Runjedirun (for the Republican hotstreak), @Vehn, @Trieste (for the Bakura question), @Tim Battershell, @jcgoble3, @Rebecca_Daniels, @Polydroxol
    Last edited by Jedi Gunny, Jul 2, 2014
    Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Post

Please vote for one player in each category. You may vote for players from your team if you like. Please PM me your votes by the end of the day on July 13. Thank you in advance!

Salbukk Award (Player judged most valuable to his or her team)
    • Loren Jul (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Mylessa McCloud (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Falene Trieste (Bakura Miners)
    Ingbrand Award (Rookie of the year)
    • Korlo Penin (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Horst Penn (Bakura Miners)
    • Oss'irh'cgood (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    Langann Award (Head coach of the year)
    • John Huntington (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Trey Till (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Gaeriel Valerii (Bakura Miners)
    Grames Award (General manager of the year)
    • Charles Bonavan (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Kaitlyn Vehn (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Martin Vigo (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Duchess Eldin Award (Athletic excellence and sportsmanship)
    • Vesper Lynd (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Narsk Ven'nari (Agamar Packers)
    • Chenkabukk (Euceron Storm)
    Zumtak Award (Perseverance and dedication to the sport of limmie)
    • Eponette Ternardiel (Bakura Miners)
    • Martin Vigo (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Comeback Player of the Year Award
    • Wai Lin (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Arick Vau 9Mando'ade Mercs)
    Jedi Gunny likes this.
  19. Polydroxol Jedi Master

star 2
    IC: Axel Lenoan

Triforce Training Center,
    Above Kuat

Bri, Outside!" "Now Drex crossover, good good! Now, Darin, Yes! Well done" Coach Axel Lenoan looked to the heavens and pumped his fist as the ball hit the back of the net once again. His encouragement and direction echoed out-through the empty Triforce training center floating above the planet. The Triforce were playing a first team vs reserves scrimmage to finish their last practice before hosting the Bison Sabres in a crucial Premier League Playoff clash.

The first team's offensive was operating like hands of a clock, quick, accurate, consistent. They had quickly racked up a high-score on the out-classed second team some of whom, looked almost ready to fall over from chasing the dizzying runs of the first team's midfielders as well as corner backs who were making attacking runs forward. This team can go places Lenoan thought with satisfaction, just then his thoughts were interrupted by a question from his Assistant Captain, Forward Drexel Mroall, a Cathar who had been Kuat's leading scorer for the past two seasons. His booming voice echoed out, " Now, when I overlap with Bri to the wing, should I play a cross into the box or p lay a 1-2 inside cut with Aste?" Axel was about to raise his voice to answer when he heard another voice, that of his Captain Darin Celtru, " Well Dex, while playing the cross in could give one of our forward a quick chance for a header, playing it back to Aste gives us more space, and flexibility in attack, with the 1-2, not only can she find you cutting for a give and go but, she can also play a quick chip over the middle to Bri or possibly hold the ball and reverse it to Sephi pushing up on the opposite flank." Drexel quickly confirmed his acknowledgement with a nod and the scrimmage quickly resumed. Axel couldn't help smiling about his captain, couldn't have said it better myself he summarized, At just the age of 23, Darin Celtru had only took two years to become the foremost leader and expert on the Kuat side, besides being excellent at playing a telling ball to start a counter-attack or a coming through with a hard challenge to break-up an enemy foray, Darin also understood tactics and leadership very intuitively. Probably runs in the family Axel thought, both Darin's parents were famous politicians in the Kuat government and his father even represented the planet in the Republic Senate on Coruscant.

The scrimmage resumed with the occasional stoppage for tactical discussion or water-break. Before anyone had realized it, the team had played an hour of Limmie and were tired and ready for a meal and cool ice-bath. Axel finally called his team for an end of practice huddle, "good work everyone, I saw some real effort and hustle out there and I think we are finally playing as a team, if we pass and mark like we did to today the Sabres shouldn't give us much of a fight, remember after practice we have our PLL media-day at the stadium afterward, don't talk to much about my discipline system or else or Darin's dad may have to throw me off the planet..again" A chorus of laughter followed. " In all seriousness, go home, rest, drink plenty of water and get a good night's sleep, the game is only two days away and I want everyone 100 percent ready to go on gameday. Captains, anything to add?" Axel beckoned for, Darin his Captain and Brianna "Bri" Lsu and Drexel Mroall his other Assistant Captain to add tactical thoughts to those of the coacher's. Everyone turned around as Bri, the veteran Echani Forward started " well, good work, everyone! Not much to say except, forwards we can do a little better job of mixing up our attacking runs into the box. Instead of just timing straight north to south runs, starting at the same location each time, try moving around and attacking at different angles, this will make us less predictable and harder to consistently mark for defenses, but overall, very well done!" Next arose Drexel, who's voice boomed out once again, "I concur with Bri, everyone showed great courage and heart out there, if we have that, we have everything. The one thing I would say is midfielders, when you receive the ball in space, don't be in a hurry to play an attacking ball forward if there is no one up there to receive it. I saw a few occasions when a midfielder would receive a pass moving forward and instead of trying to keep possession or pass it around, would quickly try and play a ball to an attacker ahead of them even if that forward was covered, but again , this scrimmage was a success. Finally Axel looked at Darin, the two knew each other's style and personalities well enough that verbal communication was often not necessary for any short message to be conveyed. Darin nodded and began his recap, I would concur with Drex and and Bri, you all did great today and I am very proud to be playing with such a fine team. The one thing we need to better though, is communicate, I know some of us may not know each other as well, that's fine this is new to all of us, however simple communication like marking on defense is critical if any of us expect to win this postseason, we have talent but we must put away our pride and play and sacrifice as a team if we expect to beat good teams going forward." This message struck a familiar chord with the team as many looked down silently, Axel felt he needed to support Darin and re-iterate the comment after his Captain had gone out on the limb, " Yes Darin, team, we may look all different, and our lives outside of the Triforce may be very different, and I know that is hard, but what unites is the love for this game of Limmie and this world of Kuat, if holding onto the traditions and thoughts that have bound us in the past, that have kept us stuck in the Premier League, instead of letting them just go, we can never play the the sport we love, how we love to play it- as winners." There was an awkward pause, Axel felt he needed to say something that would let everyone down softer especially after the great display of skill he had just witnessed. "But listen, it will be ok! Everyone, we are finally making great progress in this area especially with this being the first time this team has been tried, and I'm sure we will figure it soon with the beings we have involved. I love how all you play and compete for me and your planet and this is the most important thing and something some coaches can only dream of from their players." He looked around and made eye-contact will all those in the huddle, who began nodding slowly "now, go hit the showers then, the Bison Sabres!" The team, now encouraged bounded off towards the Lockeroom. As Axel followed behind slowly filling in his notes for the practice.

When Axel reached the Lockeroom he saw the same thing he had every week this season, the team had started to talk and smile freely amongst themselves, even those from different classes, however, it all still seemed forced as though the players would not do freely speak with players outside their social class without the coaching staff constantly making them inter-mingle in all facets of the team. Axel stood and sighed, oh well, the team is finally winning this is something we can solve after the season with that, Axel shrugged inwardly and continued to his office to prepare for the media day, his mind needed to be on the Sabres now.

20. Vehn Force Ghost

star 4
    IC: Lilly Vehn
    New Vertica, Nar Shaddaa
    Two Weeks Ago

“Keep both eyes open,” Graham instructed. “Relax, breathe, and when you’re ready gently pull the trigger.”

Lilly looked down the sights of her blaster pistol and depressed the trigger. The blaster bolt obliterated the holographic target in front of her into a thousand pieces. That felt good. That felt like she’d finally leaned how to kill. She smiled and lowered her weapon.

“Much easier,” Lilly said.

“You do that every time, well, nobody is going to mess with you,” Graham said as he grabbed Lilly by the waist and pulled her close to him for a kiss.

Lilly loved the way Graham made her feel. She trusted him. She was safe with him. Old fears could never return to haunt or torment her. This was right. Their relationship felt right and there was not a damn thing that anyone could do about it. Not the media, not the Smugglers organization, not their friends, and certainly not Kaitlyn Vehn.

“Tell me one thing,” Graham asked.

“Anything,” Lilly responded.

“We’ve been at this for weeks, Lilly. Why are you doing this? You don’t need a blaster pistol for protection be honest with me,” Graham said.

Lilly shook her head. “You wouldn’t understand even if I told you the truth.”

“Try me,” Graham insisted.

Lilly knew it was time to fill Graham in on some of her plans. Not everything but enough to keep him away just long enough for her to complete her personal vendetta. How much should she tell him? How much could she tell him? She wasn’t sure. She wanted to be honest. She really did. Perhaps there was a middle option here. Something between a total lie and the ultimate truth.

“Someone close to me betrayed me, Graham. Someone I loved. I want them dead,” Lilly said.

“And you won’t tell me who,” Graham added.

Lilly shook her head. “I, I can’t!”

“How can we have a relationship, an open, honest to Maker relationship, if you won’t tell me what’s going on?” Graham asked confusion in his eyes.

“You just have to trust me, Graham. You just have to know that I’m not telling you everything for your own good,” Lilly explained.

“That’s not good enough!” Graham replied as his gaze hardened.

“Don’t make me tell you, Graham, don’t,” Lilly said as she fought back the urge to cry.

Graham softened and reached out and gently brought Lilly to his chest. She didn’t fight him on this one. She just buried her face in his clothes, enjoyed his scent, felt safe and secure in his embrace. She didn’t want to lie to him. She didn’t want to hide anything from him but she knew that he’d absolutely turn her in if she revealed her target, her true intentions.

“I love you Lilly,” Graham said holding her tight.

“I love you too.”

Nar Shaddaa Smugglers Headquarters, New Vertica, Nar Shaddaa
    Present Day

“This report looks good, Lilly,” Kaitlyn said going over the yearly scouting report in anticipation of the draft. “You thinking we should focus on defense?”

“Huntington has the offense doing better than they did last year. That’s a big accomplishment,” Lilly said as she stood looking down at Kaitlyn.

“You’ve done a great job for the organization this year,” Kaitlyn said as she stood and walked toward the floor to ceiling windows that overlooked the stadium in the distance and the infamous Vertical City skyline. “Your parents would be proud of you.”

“How would you know?” Lilly said as the uncontrollable anger rised to the surface.

“Excuse me?” Kaitlyn said tearing her gaze from the skyline.

“You never met my parents. You never even cared what happened to my parents. You just found this crippled girl in the hospital and knew you could use me for your own political advantage. That’s all I am to you a frakking public relations point in a long list of the accomplishments of Kaitlyn Vehn!” Lilly seethed.

“Lilly, what’s wrong?” Kaitlyn asked, confused.

“I know what you did, Kaitlyn,” Lilly growled. The blaster pistol wasn’t far now. Tucked just underneath her jacket. She was ready to kill. Ready to take a life.

“What are you talking about?” Kaitlyn asked.

“After you adopted me I did some reading up on my parent’s death and it seems that the garbage truck that rolled over the median and crushed our speeder was delayed fifteen minutes from its usual route,” Lilly said.

“I saw the same report. I’m not sure what you’re getting at here,” Kaitlyn said.

Lilly fought the hard, hot, harsh, stings of tears slide down her cheeks. This was too much. How could Kaitlyn not know? How could she just brush off the single event that had destroyed her life? Why didn’t she give a frakking care? She should care. She should be worried.

“That delay made it so the garbage truck merged onto the expressway just as my parents and I were heading home from a Smugglers game. You know what caused the delay. You caused the delay. You and your frakking motorcade shutting traffic down no doubt going about that important business you always conduct at all hours of the day,” Lilly wiped tears from her face.

Kaitlyn looked as if she’d been hit by a ton of bricks. Her face went ashen as she brought a hand to her mouth. “Oh, dear girl, you think I,” she paused, “killed your parents?”

“I know you did,” Lilly screamed, “I know you killed them because you’re a self-centered, uncaring, schutta!” She swiped a hand across the desk sending a coffee mug into a wall where it shattered.

Hearing the noise, Graham entered the room, weapon drawn.

“Miss Vehn, everything okay?” Graham asked.

“Lilly, listen to me-“ Kaitlyn said holding up a finger to Graham.

“No, Kaitlyn, you listen,” Lilly said and reached for her blaster pistol and pointed it at Kaitlyn. “I hate what you did to my parents. I hate you! If it weren’t for you I would’ve had a life, I would’ve had it all!”

“Lilly, don’t!” Graham pleaded as he brought his own weapon up into a firing stance.

Lilly ignored Graham and watched with pleasure as Kaitlyn realized that her end had come.

“Goodbye, Kaitlyn,” Lilly said as she pulled the trigger.

“Lilly!” Graham yelled and fired his weapon.

Two people were shot that day.

Only one survived.

TBC
  21. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Packers' Management and Agamarian Council to celebrate Packers' first ELL Playoff place and match by purchasing 50,000 tickets for the game against the Mando'ade Mercs
    • Tickets will be allocated free to Season Ticket Holders by Lottery
    • Fans will travel to and from the venue aboard ASFS 'Safeguard' (Acclamator I Class)
    • 'Safeguard' will be escorted from Agamar to outer limit of Mandalore System by ASFS 'Serendipity' (Nebula Class SD) and on return journey
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Tim Battershell
    Last edited by Trieste, Jul 2, 2014
  22. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    GM Post

HSN Morning Headlines
    • As Futures League prepares for its week off, the annual debate over the consolation bracket starts back up; an unscientific poll in this week's edition of Limmie Weekly shows that 43% of fans "dislike" or "strongly dislike" the consolation bracket, while another 22% are "unsure"
    • Selected comments from the poll: "It's a great way to give young players valuable playoff experience.", "Why the (expletive) do these teams that have already dragged their (expletive) way through the misery of a losing season have to then drag their way through meaningless games that aren't even proper playoffs??????? Just put them out of their misery and let them go home!!", and "On one hand, the consolation bracket ensures that all teams recieve [sic] equal opportunity to give their players experience on the field, which is really what the LFL is about. On the other hand, you kinda want to say 'what's the point?' I'm really not sure which side of the aisle I fall on."
    • An anonymous LFL insider tells HSN that one owner in particular has been relentlessly pushing for the elimination of the consolation bracket, and that LFL commish Marius Turnell has been growing "dissatisfied" with the quality of play in the consolation games
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @CPL_Macja @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Rebecca_Daniels @Runjedirun @Tim Battershell @Vehn
    Vehn, jcgoble3 and Jedi Gunny like this.
  23. Tim Battershell Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Tim Dodd - Dodd Apartment, Calna Muun

After four Seasons the Packers were Playoff-bound!

How it had happened Tim didn't know, he'd thought that the twenty-one point loss on the road to Nar Shaddaa in Week 7 had banged the last nail into the coffin as far as the Packers were concerned.

Then the team came back with a six point victory, in a goalless game, on the road to Ylesia Lightning and suddenly people in HSN were talking about a 'dark horse' (whatever a 'horse' was) coming up from the rear.

The final match of the regular season, at home to the Ryloth Rough Riders, was a nail-biter all the way; going, for the first time in the Packers' ELL history, into extra-time. There was only one point in it at the final whistle, but that point was in the Packers' favour.

Of course some kind of special event was required to mark the occasion. What the Agamarian Council and the Packers' Management thought appropriate was to take 50,000 Season-ticket holding fans to Mandalore to watch the Packers face off against the Mercs, free of charge. For many, this would be their first experience of off-world travel and off-world Limmie - a nice 'thank-you' for their support.

ASF would provide the transport; 'Safeguard' (ASF's Acclamator I, still in her evacuation configuration) would take the fans on the relatively short hop to Mandalore and would be escorted by 'Serendipity' (ASF's Nebula Class Star Destroyer) to and back from the edge of Mandalore system. No trouble was expected, the presence of 'Serendipity' was just to make the fans feel very important indeed - and it did make for an excellent training exercise for the ASF crews!

There was a further reason. Both Packers and the Agamarian Council had felt slighted by Lokensgaard messing up his scheduling earlier in the Season. 50,000 fans proudly wearing the Packers' 'Black and Silver' should tell him something about Agamar's commitment to Elite League Limmie!

TAG: @Vehn, @Rebecca_Daniels, @JM_1977, @Bardan_Jusik (for matches past and future), @Trieste (For Lokensgaard comment).
  24. Trieste Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Falene Trieste
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

The fireworks exploded over Bakura Gardens, just one part of the planet-wide celebrations that would take place to commemorate their nation’s most hallowed holiday. Falene Trieste stood on the field, neck tilted upwards, to watch them, surrounded by her teammates.

They finished the regular season as one of the three 8-1 teams in the League, in the middle of the pack. Nar Shaddaa, who had now become the second team in two years to go undefeated in conference play, had taken the Commissioner’s Trophy while the Miners had been still playing. That had not rendered the game meaningless. Though they did not know it then, Ralltiir was cruising to victory against Kashyyyk. Their win had locked up their ticket straight to the Solo Conference Championship game, which would be played on this very field in two weeks, the second time in three years that the Gardens would host it.

Falene had played well today. The Miners had cruised to victory today and everyone knew why. It was the great “Yeah, but…” of the game. Meredith Chambers-Vayne had chosen the wiser course and played her reserves for almost the entirety of the game. She had nothing to play for--a road game in the Conference Semifinal was assured. Wai Lin had played only briefly to start the game, likely to keep her streak of consecutive starts as C-Bucs captain in tact. In truth, it was a classy move from the old Smuggler who knew the importance of such things to players and fans.

The Miners’ coach had gone the exact opposite direction. She’d played all her starters all the way through the first half of the game. Falene had expected to hear in the locker room at halftime that she and the other top starters would be sitting, but Gaeriel’s halftime review of the game was that of a normal one. There was no indication she’d be letting up slack in the second half and Falene’s guess was right. Out she went with the other starters to kick things off. It wasn’t until the game was truly sealed up with 10 minutes gone in the half that Valerii began pulling back. She had wanted to make sure the Miners got the win and top seeding in the Solo Conference, even if the Commissioner’s Trophy hadn’t gone their way.

At the end of the game, however, Valerii hadn’t been the one to reach her head coaching counterpart for the postgame handshake first. That had been Meredith’s on-field foe, Alana Glencross. “Couldn’t bear to let you have a one week vacation on Bakura,” Alana told Chambers-Vayne, “You deserved to take a trip to Ralltiir befor coming back here. Good luck next week against the ‘Killers.”

Falene, for her part, went over to the veteran Wai Lin. Unlike many of the other Bucs, the captain was clearly one of the team elders, a little age showing in her face. It didn’t mean she was any less challenging to cover. “Good playing Lin,” Falene said, shaking her opponent’s hand, “Next time I see you we’ll get the full 60 in and settle this once and for all.”

The Buccaneers were welcome to stay on the field during the fireworks. It was Miners tradition that the families of the players and staff joined them on the field to enjoy the spectacle. Alana Glencross accepted her infant son Olivar from her husband. The baby was outfitted with a pair of large protective coverings for his ears for the impending fireworks, which honestly made him look rather silly. Then again, he was only a few months old so silly was kind of what you did at that age.

Maybe it was just Falene’s imagination, but it seemed like the significant other contingent was larger this year. The Hapans each had a man, Aron Rodders appeared to be hanging out with a golden skinned beauty, and Jolla Pic’s entire family had come out from Tatooine for the game. Lizbit and Ponie, who had no family that they wanted around, were joined at the hip. Han Tunross was sheepishly introducing a woman to everyone.

And, of course, there was the Noble House, whose presence permeated everything. The usual Bakuran contingent was there--Ayn and Declan, Ronan and Mandy and their kids (though Antrose was trailing a timid but fair young lady with him), the Eldreds. Nessa and her kids were here this time, foregoing their Patriotism of the Chandrilan variety for patriotism of the Bakuran sort. The fact that the C-Bucs were in town had brought Sierra Westenra and her mother to the Gardens, plus her royal Hapan in-laws.

But the presence that was most impressive was one that had formerly been familiar, yet only for the first time was it gracing a Miners game. Kerry Trieste had returned.

The geographic dispersion of the Bakura 10 Conference meant that Kerry Trieste, through a day of nearly non-stop travel, could take in at least three, if not four, limmie games during a given planetary cycle. As Commissioner, Kerry wanted to have as strong a presence as possible at the universities and made as many as she could. These games, however, took place the cycle before the Miners’ games were played and the former Chancellor was too wiped out to take in the Miners game in person.

However, with the Bak10’s season over, she had finally come out to see her daughter play again. It was the first Miners game Kerry had seen since she’d relinquished the team and the family to her daughter.

“I’d say you’re doing just fine without me,” Kerry told her daughter after the game as they hugged.

“You make a good example,” Falene said.

“I’m proud of you.”

“I know you are.”

They didn’t need any more words than that.

All in all, it had been a good Truce Day. They’d have a week off to focus themselves. They wouldn’t look beyond what came in two weeks, or at least Falene knew she wouldn’t. There was only the next game and the next game was always the hardest one they’d have to play that season.

Whether it brought these same C-Bucs who would play very differently or whether it would be a Starkillers team against which the Miners had just barely escaped made little difference. Falene and her teammates would take them here, on their home turf. She was looking forward to it.

TAG: @Jedi Gunny @Vehn
  25. Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of the EUC, SWC and Spinoffs

Manager
    star 10
    IC: Charles "Chuck" Bonaven
    Euceron Stadium, Euceron. Final regular season game of the 277 ELL season.

It was the final game of the 277 campaign and Coach Lu Braun of the Mandalorian Mercs hadn't lied when he told Chuck that the Mercs were going to play this match as hard as any other all season. They didn't have to, their own playoff seeding was assured and this game meant nothing to them. But Coach Braun hadn't wanted to let off the accelerator he had pressed down upon learning Felp's plans for the team. he wanted the team to keep their edge and play with the fire that had vaulted them into the playoffs. Neither he nor Chuck were to be disappointed by the team's effort.

Mor'kesh had them chomping a the bit before the game even started, with a rousing pre-game speech that Chuck hadn't been privy to. Coach Braun hadn't either, players only. Whatever he had said to them must have worked. Katan was a monster between the pipes, picking up a defense that initially played stiff, but eventually loosened up and put a wall in front of the net that was rarely breached for the rest of the game.

On offense Chuck was amazed to see Pedro, the rookie forward with ball handling issues, come to life. Perhaps it was the lack of pressure for this game, or maybe Mor'kesh had gotten to him. Whatever it was the young Zabrak was playing like a man possessed firing point after point above the bar against the helpless Storm defense. Lieznam was doing his part too, directing traffic and calling out plays on the offensive end. He wasn't scoring much, but he was racking up the assists on dump offs to the other forwards. Daryc too was having another workmanlike effort, getting in close to the goal before striking for back of the net three pointers. It was poetry in motion watching them work the Storm over, and by half time they had already built a substantial lead.

Most teams would have called off the nek battle dogs by that point. The playoffs were in hand and the team's edge had been maintained, it was time to put in the reserves. But Braun hadn't seen it that way. Chuck wasn't surprised when the 1st team came out to start the first half. Braun didn't just want to maintain the edge, he wanted to hone it. The team again went to work, picking up right where they left off. Mor'kesh with a steal, Pedro with a point and then K'Karlson with a fantastic smash for a stop at the other end followed up by an Arock goal. Finally it was enough even for the unorthodox Mercs head coach. About half way through the 2nd half he began to take out the starters one at a time and replace them with the second string. By the time the final horn sounded the game had become a laugher, with the Mercs taking home a 34-5 road win.

It was a confidence booster for the Mercs, not only had it been another road win (the second in a row after starting the season winless on the road) but it had come against the Storm, a team that had established themselves as perennial playoff contenders now. They had been playing for their playoff lives in this match, there was no coasting on the part of the Storm as far as Chuck could see. They had just been flat out beat. It was a good moment for a Mercs team that knew that in order to achieve their goal of "winning the whole shabla thing" they would have to eventually win a playoff game on the road, at hated Nar Shaddaa no less.

That was put in perspective by Mor'kesh who again addressed the Mercs after the game in the visitors locker room. The team was in the midst of raucous celebration when the Mandalorian team captain called out to them. "Just remember, we ain't won nothin' yet,"

TAG: @jcgoble3

Meshla Vhetin, Mandalore. 277 Skywalker Conference Semi-finals. Agamar Packers at Mando'ade Mercs

The playoffs were back on Mandalore! After what had seemed an eternity the Mercs had finally made it back to post season play in the ELL and Chuck had never seen an environment such as this. Opening day had been a wonder to him, and the machination of Felps had made for some interesting "crowds" during the season, but never, not even during the Game of Rivals had he seen the Meshla Vhetin like this.

There was a cacophony of noise as Mandalorians pushed and shoved their way into the gargantuan stadium. 50,000 tickets had been reserved by the Packers for their own use, and the Mercs organization had set aside another 50,000 for Packers fans to purchase on their own. But the other 4.4 million fans in the stadium would be Mando'ade, and they were loud. But it wasn't only sound, Chuck's nose was assaulted by the myriad of smells from the various alien species that made up Mandalorian society and the insane foods they all ate. His eyes were watering just by smelling some of the spicy concoctions that were being sold by the millions at the stadium's concession stands. Those Chuck knew were still under the ownership of manda'lor Taab. The man was making a small fortune today...

Of course the colors around the stadium were another assault on Chuck's eyes. Mandalorian society had long since moved past the days of having any sort of standard coloration for their armor, and the well armed rainbow of Mando-ness before him was nothing he could ever describe. Even a holo wouldn't do it justice. As the game grew closer and closer to game time, the fans started chanting.

It wasn't something that Chuck had seen them do here before, though he knew it had been done in the past. Sitting in the owner's box with Felps he looked as Coach Braun shrugged to Mor'kesh who called the team off of the sidelines to mid field, where they lined up and started to chant along with the crowd. The stadium's public address announcer picked up on what was happening and soon the chant was being played (at an insanely high volume) over the sound system.

It was the dha werda verda and it brought back memories to many Mercs fans of the glory days of the Mercs, when they had been a new team in the ELL and taken the league by storm. They began banging their armor plates in sync with the song and the players on the field danced rhythmically to it, firing themselves up for the game. A game they would play for the fans, for the organization and for themselves. Chuck looked over to Felps who had placed a hand over her forehead, shielding her eyes somewhat. "I hate this fracking song."

TAG: @Trieste, @Tim Battershell.

[IMG]
    Last edited by Bardan_Jusik, Jul 4, 2014
    Trieste, Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza