main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: Adenn Vizsla
    Coach's office, Meshla Vhetin, Manda'yaim. Following 25-21 win over Ralltiir Starkillers

"Good game Coach" Vizsla let out as he closed the door to Braun's office quietly behind him. Truth be told, there had been many problems with today's game, but a win was a win. Any victory in the ELL had to be considered a good game, especially when it was the team's first of the year. The look on Braun's face told him that he knew all of this. The man sat down behind his desk and motioned for Vizsla to sit opposite him.

"We got through this one by luck and the determination of Arock and Mereel." Vizlsa didn't dispute that, the communication issues between Daryc and Lieznam had reared their ugly heads again. By the second half they had become a black hole in the offense for the second straight week. Fortunately the corner forward pair of Arock and Mereel had come through with a majority of the Mercs points today as the rest of the offense (along with midfielder Mor'kesh) had fed them the ball relentlessly. The pair would probably never be the focal point for the offense for an entire season, but when they got hot like they had in this match up they were good, shabla good. They couldn't count on that every week though, if the mess between the full and center half forward couldn't be straightened out the team was in for a long season.

"What's going on with Lieznam and Daryc? I didn't see anything in training camp." Not for the first time Vizsla was lamenting the lack of playing any pre-season friendlies. These "issues" which hadn't presented themselves in practice may have been spotted in a live scrimmage against a "real" opponent.

"Daryc wants to be the focus of the offense" Braun finally replied, as Vizsla raised an eyebrow. "I dunno, It's some sort of Mandalorian pride thing." Braun shrugged now. "I don't know what is wrong with Lieznam, probably doesn't like the idea of anyone taking the spotlight off of him." Vizsla mulled that over for a moment, running an armored hand ovr his bald head. He knew the pitfalls of his own culture's inherent pride and arrogance. "I'll talk to him, see what's wrong with his head."

There was a pause between the two men now and they were aware of just how quiet things were out in the locker room. Normally it was a bustling place, full of noise and excitement. That was normally even more amplified after a team win. Something was certainly rotten with the team to start off the 278 season. "See that you do, and keep me informed," Vizsla replied. He wanted to wade in himself and fix the problems now, but he wasn't the head coach anymore, he had to leave it to the man whose job it was.

Vizsla studied the man before him for a moment. He looked unconcerned with what was happening, but having gotten to know the man Vizsla knew that was just an act. Braun cared deeply for this team, and for the players on it. More than that he wanted to win, especially after having come so close to winning it all last year. Now the Mercs sat at 1-1, the same record they had last season after two games. Also like last season the Mercs loss had come on the road, it hadn't been until conference play had started that the Mercs had won their first away game. With a match next week against the always hungry Monarchs the Mercs couldn't afford to play like they had in week one.

"At least the defense looked a little better, enough to pull out a win, but th..." Vizsla started before a loud crashing out in the locker room interrupted him. It was followed by shouting and cursing in both basic and mando'a. Vizsla lept to his feet and rushed to the door, followed closely by Coach Braun. Flinging it open they were greeted by the site of Daryc and Lieznam attempting to get at each other's throats. Daryc was being held back by Mor'kesh and Mereel while Arock was keeping Lieznam out of harms way. Everyone else was standing, looking on at the pair in a mixture of horror and surprise.

"It's my offense, my team." Shouted Daryc at the much smaller full forward who refused to back down. "If you had recognized that last year we would have wont he shabla cup." That seemed to strike a nerve with Lieznam who wriggled free of Arock's grasp and landed a punch to Daryc's face. The man staggered slightly as Lieznam clutched at his wrist suddenly, fighting back pain. Daryc tried to lunge now at Lieznam, but Mor'kesh and Mereel kept him back. "Knock it off!" Braun suddenly yelled, picking up a spilled over trash can and tossing it between the combatants. "Save it for the field, save it for the Monarchs."

There was more stunned silence now, even from Daryc and Lieznam as everyone looked to the head coach. "Get him out of here," he continued, pointing to Lieznam. Se'o stepped up and helped Arock now, guiding Lieznam through the locker room and to the trainer's room. Braun looked to Daryc. "Go home and leave all this osik there. Next time you step foot in this locker room I want professional limmie players, not a bunch of whiners and crybabies." Daryc looked angered by that, but he relented. He went back to his locker, but his glare never left the closed door to the trainer's room.

For his part Vizsla looked to Coach Braun who could only shrug in reply. "I know, I know..."

TAG: No one.

[​IMG]

Runjedirun, Vehn, Trieste and 2 others like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Morning Headlines

• Injury Report: Jonathan Lieznam (Full Forward, Mando'ade Mercs) Probable for week 3 game at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (fractured wrist)
    • Mando'ade Mercs deny rumors that Johnny Limmie injury the result of a locker room brawl between the full forward and other players

What We Learned: Week 2

See what it says there? “Week 2.” That means anything we say about teams being bad or good now is totally provisional. If we turn out to be wrong and Nar Shaddaa goes 2-7 on the season, then that’s not our fault. You guessed it--it’s Zigby’s fault. Also, Zigby, buy us lunch today. We forgot our wallets. All of us. We’ll pay you back tomorrow. Promise.

Agamar Packers – You know what would be scary? A complete game from the Packers. When they start churning those out on a regular basis instead of getting half a good game every week, this team will be scary.

Bakura Miners – Aron who? Yeah, that’s what we said after this last game. It looks like Cundertol deserves credit for sacrificing some of the future to win now.

Carratos Pirates – A down-to-the-wire victory? Now that’s the way to win your first Elite League game. These pirates have style. We hope they celebrated appropriately.

Coruscant SenatorsAnd there was much rejoicing. Let’s not forget that the Senators have a pretty solid offense under them too. This is looking good.

Euceron Storm – If there was an award for the most underrated player ever, it would go to Chenkabukk. And then he’d stop being underrated because he got the award and he’d no longer have an award. Being a Wookiee, he would rip our arms out for taking away his award, so we’re glad there is no such award.

Hapes Consortium Buccaneers – When it comes to getting Kowakian monkey-lizards off their backs, the Bucs are still working out some of the kinks.

Kuat Triforce – Why did no one tell Kuat about the Kashyyyk roster spot curse?...what, nobody’s talked about the curse until now? You fools! Talking about the curse makes it come true!

Mando’ade Mercs – The Mercs won, which means that morale has improved. Ergo, the beatings will now stop. That is all.

Nar Shaddaa Smugglers – Kaitlyn Vehn: best thing to happen to the Smugglers since Rhia Grames. Obviously, she’d like you to focus on that in her mayoral tenure over anything else that might be going at the moment, if you please.

Ralltiir Starkillers – With the rookie goalkeeper getting the start at Bankers Mansion this week, we expect to see a lot of “set blasters to stun” jokes. And we mean a lot.

Rydonni Prime Monarchs – Only losing by 2 on the road to a team high on emotion is no reason to think less of the Monarchs. So we don’t.

Ylesia Lightning – With the new tandem goalkeeper system, most of the ladies in the office are demanding that Korlo be put next week in because the Lightning lost. However, most of the boys are demanding Kasin stay in because she only lost 3 points. Yeah, bet they didn’t think about that when they announced the “we’ll switch up when someone goes cold” argument.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Polydroxol Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Tim Battershell Vehn

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Jado Antilles
    Time: Week 1

Jado twisted the focus knob on his macrobinoculars, bringing the Senators goal into focus as the ball moved that way. Though they could afford better, Palla had elected to sit in the cheap seats in keeping with the Jedi principle of modesty. Even in a stadium of this size, they could still see the field clearly and easily tell how the play was developing, but Jado wanted more detail, and the macrobinocs allowed him to feel as though he was on the sideline, or even on the field.

He watched as Asyel Yan'ii received a pass from midfield, adjusting on the fly to compensate for the ball being slightly off-target, and turned toward her matchup. The Chevin starter, Ugdulo Borr, was taking a breather, so he was facing the rookie Weequay instead. Asyel juked one way, then spun back the other way, and Deluxx couldn't recover in time. One-on-one with the Gungan keeper, Asyel reared his paw back and fired. Tarpals dove... except there was no ball there. Asyel had instead thrown it straight down into the ground in front of himself, from where he kicked it to the opposite goalpost. With Tarpals diving the other way, the uncontested ball struck the inside of the goalpost and rebounded into the back of the net, putting the Storm up by three with less than four minutes to play.

“Wait, how'd he throw it at that angle?” Zay asked to no one in particular.

Jado lowered the macrobinocs for a moment. “He didn't.”

“Then what happened?”

“Really, Master? You have macrobinoculars. Use them.” Receiving a glare from Zay, he relented and explained the play.

“Oh. Maybe the macrobinocs aren't such a bad idea after all.” Zay reached for his belt to pull out his own pair, but couldn't find them. “Wait a minute, where'd they go?”

“Oh, are you missing a piece of equipment now?” Jado asked with a smile. He was constantly being lectured by Zay for not having important pieces of equipment on his utility belt, or for them not being functional. “Do as you say, not as you do?”

Palla was laughing her head off. Zay glared at his former Master, then at his Padawan, then leaned back and folded his arms. “Yes,” he said in an annoyed tone.

“Fifty push-ups when we get back to the shuttle!”

“No, that's for you when you lose something. It doesn't apply to me.”

Palla stopped laughing long enough to add her own piece. “The kid's right. It's only fair.”

Jado grinned as Zay let his face fall into his hands.

A couple minutes later, the game was over, and the Storm had held that three-point lead, Yan'ii's drop-kicked goal proving to be the game-winner. As the three walked back to the shuttle, Zay, cheered up by the Storm's win, suddenly announced, “Race you guys to the shuttle!” and took off. Jado tried to keep up, but it was no use; at fourteen years old, his body hadn't quite fully developed and so he lacked the athletic ability of someone Zay's age. He was able to keep his Master in sight, though, and was only a minute behind when he got to the shuttle. It was another two minutes before Palla showed up.

“Last place,” said Zay with a smile. “That's what you get for laughing at me in the stadium.”

“No, that's what I get for having a droid leg. Stupid thing slows me down.”

“Sounds like it needs an adjustment,” Jado commented.

“Trust me, they've adjusted this thing from one end of the galaxy to the other. It's as good as it's going to get. It's the nature of the original injury that's slowing me down.”

“Really?” Zay said. “I thought they told me there would be no problem with the new leg.”

“It's the way they had to hook the leg up because of losing half of my hip to that disruptor. If the hip had been intact, I would have beaten you to the shuttle. But with half the hip gone, they had to wire it in such a way that it restricts my leg movement slightly. Anyway, that's enough of that discussion.” She grinned. “It's time for your push-ups, Zay.”

Zay let out a sigh, dropped to the floor, and began as Jado counted out loud, enjoying every second of it.

Time: Friday before Week 2 game

Jado sat in the spectator area of the courtroom, observing the trial of Rosty Bassell. The Jedi Council was taking no chances during the trial, with eight obvious Jedi in the courtroom along with a couple of ysalamiri. Palla and Zay were among those eight, but extensive discussion had decided that it was better for Jado to remain undercover. Rosty did not yet know that Zay had a Padawan of his own, and Grand Master Kash Skywalker had felt it best to keep that knowledge from the Bassells for as long as they could.

Rosty, representing himself, was making a mockery of the trial; two days earlier, he had refused to make opening statements, instead cursing at the judge. Undeterred, the judge had moved on, allowing the prosecution to begin calling witnesses, which Rosty was refusing to cross-examine. As Euceron law did not permit courts to force defendants to accept representation by a lawyer, there was nothing the judge could do except move on with the trial.

Following the lunch break, Palla took the stand, and the prosecutor questioned her about various activities of the Bassell brothers, including the 275 attack for which Rosty was facing charges and his 277 capture on Kashyyyk. Rosty again refused to cross-examine, so the prosecutor called Zay to the stand and questioned him about the same things.

When direct examination was complete, the judge looked at Rosty. “It feels pointless to say this by now, but I am compelled to inquire if the defense would like to ask questions of the witness.”

To the surprise of Jado and everyone else in the courtroom, Rosty stood up. “In fact, I would like to ask a few questions.” Slowly, he walked around the defense table, followed closely by the two Jedi Knights to which he was handcuffed, and stood in front of Zay.

For a minute, Rosty studied Zay. Finally he asked a question. “Do you realize that you cannot avoid turning to the dark side? It is—”

“Objection!” said the prosecutor. “This is irrelevant.”

“On the contrary,” the judge said, “this seems to cover a subject that both this witness and the previous witness discussed under direct examination. While it may be... unconventional, it is relevant as it could show parts of the defendant's character that the witness has already touched on. The objection is overruled, but I would strongly advise the defendant to consider whether this line of questioning will help or hurt his case.”

Zay spoke before Rosty had the chance to. “Rosty, I do not have time for your games here.”

Rosty let out a sound that Jado could only identify as an evil laugh. “Oh, this is far more than simple games. It is your destiny. Can you not feel it? The Jedi limit your power, but with me you will become more powerful that you could ever imag—”

Jado watched Zay drop his shoulders and roll his eyes as the prosecutor lodged another objection.

This time, the judge agreed. “Alright, that's quite enough of this. Mr. Bassell, your personal issues with the witness, whatever they may be, do not belong in this courtroom. If you have actual questions to ask that form a proper cross-examination, then please ask them. Otherwise, sit down.”

“Shut up, idiot,” Rosty said, eliciting a gasp from the assembled onlookers. “I have the right to ask questions, and I will ask as many as I please.”

The judge brought his gavel down hard. “Enough! Bailiff, please remove the jury from the room.” The bailiff hustled the jury out, at which point the judge, already on a raised platform, stood up, towering over everyone in the room including the Wookiee Jedi, and faced Rosty. “Mr. Bassell, let me get a few things straight. Number one. You will refer to me as 'Your Honor', not 'idiot'. Number two. Your right to ask questions is limited to questions that are relevant to the case and in line with the standard rules of this court, and that is not up for dispute. Number three. I will not have you making a mockery of my court. I run a tight ship here, and you would do well to remember who the authority here is and respect that.”

I recognize no authority in this room except my own!” Rosty yelled, pulling against the two Jedi he was chained to.

The judge brought his gavel down again. “Enough! Mr. Bassell, I find you in contempt of this court. You are sentenced to ninety days in jail, to be served after this trial and consecutively with any sentence that may be imposed for the charges against you. Furthermore, I am adjourning this trial until Tuesday to give everyone a chance to calm down. Including me.” The judge rapped his gavel against his desk one more time, then stood and exited the room without waiting for everyone to rise.

Jado took a deep breath and let it out slowly. This trial was going to be a long one.

TAG: Nobody

4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Meredith Chambers-Vayne
    C-Bucs 19, Smugglers 28

“You’ve got to be frakking kidding me!” Meredith yelled at the sideline referee. “Are you seeing what I’m seeing? They’re getting in some punches out there that I know aren’t legal. Call off your dogs!”

The referee ignored her as he was trained to do.

Meredith glared at the ref and then shook her head in disgust as she power walked the Hapan sideline. Her team was getting absolutely crushed by the Smuggler attack. They were going to lose. There was no way around this one. There was no way out. That interminable buzzer hit her hard in the ears and made her want to kill the power to Six Boroughs. The fans, not the Hapan fans, the fans that had once cheered her name from the nose bleeds down to the sideline seats were roaring now sensing another strong season for the Smugglers.

Meredith was sensing that she wanted to punch someone in the face as she made her way to midfield to have a few words with John Huntington, former colleague, former team-mate, and now the man who had two, count them people, two wins in
    consecutive seasons against Chambers-Vayne. That was two wins too many. That was two win that Meredith would’ve liked to have go her way.

“John,” Meredith said as she gave a firm handshake.

“Come on, Meredith, Kaitlyn’s watching, let’s put on a good show of sportsmanship,” John replied through gritted teeth as he went to embrace her.

Meredith pretended to like the hug. Deep down, she hated Huntington’s guts. When they had worked together to form the Smuggler ‘Dream Staff’ they had often been at odds behind the scenes. Publicly, that never showed. Publicly, Meredith Chambers-Vayne and John Huntington towed whatever line that Tover Micjaa told them to tow. Out of respect, both Meredith and John would tamper down their often fierce disagreements when Tover was in the room. Nobody except the two of them knew how ugly it got at times. Both were Galactic Cup champions. Both were part of the growing pantheon of Smuggler greats. Both would love nothing more than to just beat the snot out of one another even though they had agreed to a cease fire during the draft that had netted them Windreaver and McCloud, champions in their own right.

Meredith pulled back first. “Your players were pulling all sorts of illegal stunts out there today.”

“Illegal?” John questioned, “Hardly.”

“Punching a defenseless player in mid-air with the bolo-ball nowhere in sight?” Meredith challenged.

“Come on Meredith, it’s a game. You know the Smugglers have their own way of doing things,” John replied offering a weak defense.

“I know all about the Smuggler way,” Meredith said.

“Then you know exactly the kind of beat-down you’re going to get from me each and every season,” John said rubbing salt into the wound. “Is that the kind of coach you want to be remembered as? The one that lost, the one that couldn’t seal the deal?”
    Meredith curled her right hand into a fist. She had a mean hook. She was still fit. She was ready to strike. The problem was that John knew that as well. John knew how to push all of her buttons. John always went places that other men never dared. Not even her husband, Polis Vayne.

“Speak for yourself, John. You couldn’t bring home a trophy last year when you had the perfect opportunity. A playoff game at home and you lost to them. You lost to those bucket-headed maniacs,” Meredith said.

For once John didn’t have a reply. He looked as if he had been punched in the face. That was fine with her. The truth of the matter, the truth that still nagged at her mind every time she came back to Six Boroughs, was that she had put in a lot of good time here, sacrificed a lot of herself, only to be passed over for the head coaching job following Tover Micjaa’s retirement. Yes, she’d gone on to Hapes. Yes, she’d chosen the road that was far less traveled, but a part of her did regret her decision. A part of her did wonder if she made the right choice. She would never know. She would never have the answer for that one. Nothing but the void of speculation.

“Next year, John,” Meredith said as she turned to leave.

“Keep dreaming, Meredith. Keep dreaming,” John replied as he crossed his arms across his chest and watched her go.

Meredith paused, turned around, and spoke the final word: “My dreams have always become reality, John.”

As she entered the tunnel of Six Boroughs, and not the Six Boroughs she had played in for 12 years, Meredith Chambers-Vayne couldn’t help but smile.

She’d finally done something right.

She’d finally pissed off John Huntington.

That was a victory worth celebrating.

Tag:Jedi Gunny

5. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Geoff Copin
    Shield Towers, O'pahz, Carratos

Geoff opened his eyes to see his wife’s sleeping face. He laid there a while watching her. Laura opened her eyes a little.

“Hey, Babe,” Geoff said smiling. She smiled back sill a sleepy,

“Hey,” she replied lifting her head to look out the window, “Have you been awake long?”

“No, not long,” he reached over and brushed a lock of her auburn hair around her ear. “How are you?” She squinted puzzled by the question.

“Something wrong hun,” He laughed a little and shook his head.

“No, nothing’s wrong. It just feels like it has been forever since we were able to just talk.” She sat up in the bed.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“I don’t know, how have Iris and Ira been handling me not being here?”

“They've been handling about as well as two four year olds can. I think part of them understands but, a larger part of them just wants their daddy.”

“I know it’s been rough on me too, I missed you guys something fierce on Rallttir. I know it wasn’t our first away game but, we’ve never had to go that far. The fact that I could not have jumped on a shuttle and be here in a few hours terrified me. What if something happened to you or the girls? I don’t know what I’d do.” She caressed his face.

“It’ll be fine, you don’t have to worry. If anything does happen we’ll handle it.” He holds her hand in his gently kissing her palm.

“You know,” he paused and looked right in to her blue eyes “all you have to do is say the word and I’ll quit this and find another job.”

“Geoff,” she said an edge in her voice “You know I’d never do that, this job makes you happy. When I saw your ridiculous face after beating the Monarchs, I smiled and my heart fluttered. Seeing you happy makes me happy, and besides if I asked you to quit you’ll wonder what might have been and begin to resent your decision to leave and resent me for making you leave. Then I’d really lose you and if there is one thing I do not want, it’s to lose you.” Geoff was speechless. He had seen other ELL coaches’ marriages break apart and deep inside he thought it would happen to him too. Right now with those words that thought began to fade. He knew that it would take a lot of work but, he was sure, now more than ever, that he and Laura would be standing together at the other end of this adventure Iris and Ira in tow. He leaned forward and kissed her.

“You’re too good for me you know that.”

“What can I say I’m attracted to men with a law degree and that can coach a limmie team to victory.” He held her head softly in his hands.

“What am I going to do with you?” he said lightly shaking her head. Footsteps sounded from across the hall. “Ah, the pitter-patter of tiny feet, let’s go make sure they don’t burn the place down.”

Geoff walked through the lobby of his building after saying goodbye to his wife and kids.

“Gonna’ work the team hard today coach?” Bara asked as Geoff exited

“Not too hard Barra.” He replied

“Why not,” the Kaltooinian said crossing his arms, “You’re facing the defending champs they aren't going down without a fight.” Geoff sighed

“What do you suggest?”

“Work on defense, a strong defense wins games.”

“Tell that to the Monarchs.”

“Ah, you just got lucky.”

“I’m fine with luck, and my defense. What I need is a more dynamic offense.” Barra scowled, to be honest any look of disapproval looked like a scowl on Bara’s face.

“Manx, Midost, and Arezzo are pretty powerful on offense, and that Cavanagh the move she pulled shows she’s got grit.”

“Yeah, our front three pulled through but, our shots on goal were pitiful.”

“A stronger D means your offense doesn't need to score as much.”

“Bara, I gotta’ go we can continue this discussion when I get back.” The coach hailed a cab and set off toward the stadium

Geoff’s stomach was in knots again. He was about to play the Bakura Miners at the Bakura Gardens. He could remember watching the Demons play here as a kid. He was standing in the halls of one of the most historic limmie stadiums in the galaxy. I didn't help that Bakura was also defending a title. On the plus side they had lost their home opener to the Lightning so they weren't invincible at home but, they may play harder to give the fans a home win. The pre-game press conference was mostly civil no questions about Schnitt or the worthiness of the Pirates just questions about the overall morale of the team. Rin Bahar asked about Cavanagh's shoulder and how much partying the team got up to after the win over the Monarchs. Down in the locker room everyone was getting ready. On the back wall was the plaque,

WELCOME TO SALIS’DAAR​
    AND BAKURA GARDENS​
    THE FIELDS OF GLORY​

Geoff swallowed hard, this game wasn’t going to be easy.

Tag: Trieste

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Pamila Korthe
    Thyferra

Here it was, Week Three of the LFL season. And it was another week in the career of Pam as a head coach of a Limmie team. Across the field today were the Eriadu Thunder, the affiliate of the Ylesia Lightning. With the Senator win the prior week against the Lightning, it was probably in the Thunder’s best interest to get some measure of revenge here today on the road. It was the Zeltron’s job to make sure that the combo of thunder and lightning wouldn’t shock her franchise’s teams.

With full forward H’ten Stutt out of the game with a knee injury, the decision to replace the Filvian had caused Pam some pause. She could go with the veterans on her bench, like Caleeny Worgo, whom had suited up for the Senators the prior season. There was Marrett Wingo, who had some potential. Or there was Callie Polarez, the rookie sensation who had scored three goals last week when subbing in for Stutt. The choice seemed obvious to most, but Pam had seen enough Limmie to know that sometimes a flash in the pan led to bad long-term decisions. She didn’t want to work Polarez before she was ready for the extra burden; starting would add additional pressure to perform, especially after last week. Being a reserve had its perks, especially in this developmental league.

Yet this was still a big game, because although all the teams had a chance in the postseason to play for the title, having a higher seed at the end of the regular season was still a plus and something to strive for. Pam was convinced that she needed another scoring threat . . . what would the fans think if she didn’t start Polarez? That could easily polarize the fanbase. She knew what she had in the Renhorn sisters, and Orrin Calcutt and Voontoo were both known players.

Finally she made the decision to start Polarez, saying to the media that it was the right thing to do, but personally knowing that it was the best thing she could do in that situation. Preferably she would have had Stutt, the veteran, to lean on, but if he was out, Polarez had to be given a shot. Besides, the Senators wanted to see what she could do, so she could only oblige them. As the teams hit the field, she secretly hoped this would work out, because she didn’t want to mess with her team’s performance. They had won two games already, and were looking for a third. Could Polarez produce now that other teams had a target on her back? Could her team step up and get a win for the home fans? The answers to those questions and more lay in 48 minutes of hard-hitting Limmie action.

TAG: Rebecca_Daniels

jcgoble3 and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  7. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Romo Crowley
    Monarchs Stadium, Ryell, Rydonni Prime
    278 ELL week 1, Monarchs vs. Packers, 17-0

At half time the defense was riding high, but Romo knew better than to feed into their emotions. It was necessary to keep them focused on the second half. He noted that while he was talking to the team, no one, not even the Captain bothered to talk to Oss’irh’cgood. Ozzie was keeping a perfect match, not one bolo had crossed under or over the bar.

Conventional wisdom would say don’t mess with a sizzling nerf-steak, but the Badger didn’t care about conventional wisdom. “Alright folks, listen up. We’re going to shift some things around for the next 30. Dare and Jocle take over at midfield, show Rydonni you learned a thing or two down ‘on the farm’ last season. Konnenwirth I want you to spell Ping and then rotate through the rest of the Back Five for the remainder of the match. Fresh legs are what will keep the Packers’ bombardment strategy at bay.”

He continued talking as he moved over to the holodisplay of the pitch, “Adams you’re in and we’re going to shift into the 3-3-1 offense with Vesper right in their Keeper’s kitchen. We need to pump up the tempo. We need to step up the scoring. We cannot lean on the defense and expect them to carry us to another chance at a Galactic Cup!”

Romo could feel himself starting to get amped and decided that it was too early in the season to get out of control. So he backed off a little to save some for after the All-Star break. “Now let’s get out there and put some more points on the board.”

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

As the match came to a close the Monarchs had accomplished two new milestones, they defeated the Packers and they did it with a shutout. It was also the first time in five seasons that they opened the season with a win. The last time, the sophomore Starkillers fell victim to the third best offense in the league during the 273 season. Now the Monarchs defense was center stage, and a good thing it was.

The phenomenal performance of his goalkeeper once again covered up the dismal disappointment his offense had become. He had no clue what was happening. What was worse, he had no clue how to fix what was broken. He took an apprehensive breath as he stepped into the press room to address the media.

“Some notes before we begin. The hits that Royd, Seter, and Severine took in the first half had absolutely nothing to do with their sitting the second half. Konnenwirth’s rotation through the defensive back five along with Jocle and Dare taking over at midfield was something we planned on doing throughout the week. The five rookies’ performances exceeded our expectations.”

Romo glanced down at his notes before he continued, “Aside from Ford’s continued recovery, there are no new injuries to report. Now I’ll open the floor to questions.”

“Mr. Crowley, in your first two seasons as head coach the Monarchs averaged almost twenty points a match on offense, the same as the years before you arrived. But since then the offense has dropped off considerably to only fifteen points per. What do you think is the problem?”

The question that Romo dreaded the most was the one that the media led off with, “Well when you have an offensive juggernaut like Vesper Lynd leading the charge, teams tend to start formulating plans to take you down. But it’s not like we haven’t made strides on defense ourselves. In the same time frame we’ve reduced our average points allowed to just over ten.”

“So you think the problem is that your offense has become too predictable?”

“No, that’s not what I said,” they were trying to back him in to a corner.

“Than what do you think is the problem?”

“I don’t think there is a problem,” that was lie and if he didn’t move quickly one of the reporters would catch him in it, “other than you all completely overlooking the fact that Oss’irh’cgood just put up the first shutout of the season and in Monarchs history.” He glanced over at the doorway and saw his salvation standing there in the form of his Chiss Keeper, “So without further ado, I give you the hero of the match, Oss’irh’cgood.”

Romo exhaled as he walked out of the press room. He had dodged a bullet, this time.

Goss-Pell Memorial Stadium, O’pahz, Carratos
    278 ELL week 2, Monarchs at Pirates, 13-15

[​IMG]

Romo hated prepping for teams he knew absolutely nothing about. He especially hates prepping for an unknown team who’s playing on their home turf. He looked around at his scouting team, who just sat there, smirking back at him. “Well? Have you found anything or do you just plan on sitting there with vacant looks on your faces.”

Remus was the first to speak up, “To be honest with you… no, no we haven’t.”

“Are you kidding me? What are we paying you for?” He looked past Dia and Remus, “What about you three?” Directing his question at Reno Haju, Ti’eva Stashe, and Dyson Ponutepen, “You’re the ones supposed to be watching the Premier League, the Futures League, and the Galactic Championship League.”

It was easy for Ti’eva to defend herself about the Carratos Pirates when she had spent the better part of the off season and week one to find out who-in-the-kark the Gallinore Firedrakes were. The Hapes LFL affiliate was squaring off with the Red Wings this week in the Byblos home opener.

Reno was also off the hook. Her team was already in the process of compiling more information on the Kuat Triforce to add to their already exhaustive analysis. Now their focus was watching the Rangers getting back into form, possibly making a run for the Premiership. If Romo had not of known better, he would have thought that she had her sights on Remus’s job. But the old scout would probably die at his desk before ever willfully retiring from it.

“Don’t look at me,” Dyson protested when the Head Coach’s gaze fell upon him, “They were nowhere near the ‘Old Guard’ League last season.” It was funny to Romo how he referenced the GCLA as the ‘Old Guard’ when they had some relatively new faces in the crowd. It was difficult to call teams like the Colonials, the Suncrushers, the Crazy Dragons, the Mules, and the returning Rough Riders old. Then again it was still the home to Genet, Toprawa, Vandelhelm, Chandrila, Denon, Cloud City, and Bastion.

Romo just shook his head, “Then I guess that leaves the Semi-pro and Regional leagues.” He rubbed the bridge of his nose, “Where the frak is Riviera and the new kid? Ramses.”

“I’m here Mr. Crowley.” Romo turned to see Ramses Partalo, the Chief Semi-Professional Scout, standing near a couple of stacked crates in the corner that was behind him.

[​IMG]

“Good, maybe you have some insight into where these Pirates came from then,” Remus said, looking over the top of his glasses.

The young lad just shrugged his shoulders, “No clue Boss. All I know is that they’re located in the Inner Rim and have a boatload of casinos to lose your credits in.”

“Great,” Romo turned around and started to walk off muttering to himself, “just frakkin’ great…”

When the match was over Romo crossed the pitch and found the Pirates’ Head Coach, Geoff Copin. He shook the youngin’s hand and pulled him in close so that he could hear him over the crowd. “Helluva match, Coach! Don’t ever forget this feeling. Make sure your players don’t ever forget it either.” He pulled back and looked the victorious leader in the eyes. With a strong pat on the shoulder Romo practically shouted, “Hope to meet up with you all again at the end of the season.”

He then headed directly to the visitor’s locker room. He didn’t say anything to anyone, not even his Assistant Head Coach. He grabbed his satchel out of his ‘office’ and proceeded right to the team transport. He had to start preparing to hold onto the Cross Blaster Trophy that they won back from the Mando’ade Mercs in the Dual of ’76.

TAG: Tim Battershell (Week 1 stuff), galactic-vagabond422 (Week 2 stuff), Bardan_Jusik (Week 3 mention), Trieste & jcgoble3 & Jedi Gunny (Mentioning all the other leagues)

Runjedirun, Vehn, Trieste and 2 others like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

The best thing about Week 3 is that you start to see which way the 1-1 teams are going--and we've got a lot of them this season! Bonus rolls to Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Euceron, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, Ralltiir, and Rydonni Prime.

Week 3 Results
    Ylesia Lightning at Kuat Triforce (32-33)
    Carratos Pirates at Bakura Miners (2-23)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (4-13)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Ralltiir Starkillers (23-4)
    Euceron Storm at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (16-1)
    Agamar Packers at Coruscant Senators (9-35)

I almost forgot! By next Sunday, please send me the following:
    1. Your two ELL Challenge Team players, who should not be players on your active roster
    2. Your nominees for the ELL All-Star Team ballot. Here's your nominating sheet (1 being per position):
    Coach:
    Goalkeeper:
    Corner/Full Back:
    Half Back:
    Midfielder:
    Half Forward:
    Corner/Full Forward:

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Polydroxol Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Tim Battershell Vehn

9. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Sub-GM Post

Bonus rolls this week to (points in parentheses): Concordia (28), Commenor (28), Byblos (30), Druckenwell (28), Tatooine (30), Thyferra (32).

Limmie Futures League
    Week 3
    Corellia Rebels at Concordia Crusaders (19–14)
    Commenor Gundarks at Gallinore Firedrakes (14–11)
    Garqi Gunners at Byblos Red Wings (9–0)
    Druckenwell Marksmen at Tatooine Sandskimmers (24–25)
    Eriadu Thunder at Thyferra Force (12–13)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Polydroxol CPL_Macja Tim Battershell Rebecca_Daniels Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Jedi Gunny and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Kaitlyn Vehn
    Bankers Mansion Stadium, Ralltiir
    Kaitlyn casually watched as her players warmed up on their half of the field. There was Jayla Leed doing drills with McCloud and Reaver, balls deflected, balls bouncing off the uprights, and every so occasionally, balls swishing into the net. There was Ike Tullo and Ken Zetter teaching defensive technique to rookie Zelena Wiles, blonde hair whisping all about her underneath the stadium lights. There was the unsung supporters of the offensive unit, Julius Winifred and Raymondo “Ray” Gunn motioning about, joking, swapping stories about setting up McCloud or Gargova Brousard or Shady Lerouex for points. She allowed herself to appreciate the squad that she had helped build. The squad whose paychecks she routinely felt happy to sign. The squad that looked ready to resume where they left off last year and go after that Cup.

Things had finally started to settle down on Nar Shaddaa. The fires were finally extinguished in the Corellian Sector. The crime rate showing signs of plummeting and the heavy police presence on the Smuggler’s Moon seemed to be doing its job of providing peace and security for those citizens who obeyed the law. She knew her popularity had taken a huge hit by going after the seedier elements of the Vertical City. She had shown little remorse. She had shown little regret. She had gone after the cancer and ripped it out in one quick, violent, motion. No doubt she had generated quite a few enemies. Some powerful, some not so much. Public enemy number one, Markus Drexel, was still on the run. She was confident that he would be found. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but a man like that couldn’t just disappear. Not with the VCPD intelligence services hunting him down. People wanted safety and security. Having Drexel in the neighborhood meant chaos and destruction. He would be found. He would be killed. After all, why waste a spot in prison for such a man?

Still even with the improvements to the civic life of the Vertical City there were problems growing abroad. The Hutts of Nal Hutta were chafing at Kaitlyn’s newfound power. She’d rocked the boat pretty hard by going after their clients on the Smuggler’s Moon. To them, spice, prostitution, gambling, all those vices were part of the daily operation of the Vertical City. They couldn’t be touched and there was nothing morally wrong with the entire situation. There was nothing wrong with keeping patrons satisfied in more ways than one. Kaitlyn saw where they were coming from. She wasn’t blind to the fact that she could never truly “clean-up” the Vertical City. All she wanted to do was cut down on the horrendous number of innocent people who were affected every day by the serious crime that ruined people’s lives. Unfortunately that was causing the Hutts of Nal Hutta to wonder what sort of monster was living in their backyard.

Kaitlyn returned her attention to the game. Across the way she spotted Martin Vigo’s son. A lump formed in her throat. She thought of Vigo at times. His towering form. His presence at league meetings. The way he had single handedly made the game better, made Ralltiir a name to be remembered, even feared. Now he was gone. Now he was up there somewhere in the stars. Being back at Bankers Mansion Stadium for the first time since his death made everything feel different and made Kaitlyn pause and reflect on what truly mattered in her own life. She thought of her son, Jack. Her daughter, Lilly, both were happy, healthy, and alive. She wanted to go over and talk to Vigo’s son. Wanted to say something but the words couldn’t come out, not now. Maybe later. Maybe if they met up again. All she could bring herself to do was make eye contact, give a slight nod, and move about her business.

Her team was ready and they were already jawing at their Starkiller opponents. Lereoux was particularly vocal tonight, tattoos reflecting her tough upbringing as she exchanged a few choice words with Lena Roselli, the hot shot rookie the Starkillers had drafted this year. The game started and the Starkillers scored the first points. That was about it for Ralltiir as Huntington opened up the playbook and the offensive cast lighted up Kaat Stun again and again. Lereoux, on one particular scoring drive, popped Lena Roselli in the mouth on a mad scramble for the bolo-ball. Roselli hit the ground and the crowd went crazy as Stun left the box and gave Lereoux a run for her money. The two women were absolutely tearing into one another as both teams rushed the field to get in on the fight. There was Alyda Hovechar with a ferocious hook. Interestingly enough, Kaitlyn noticed, McCloud and Reaver stayed out of it, not because they didn’t want to help Lereoux but because they didn’t want to damage their chances at putting together a successful post-season run.

Kaitlyn knew the fines were coming. Kaitlyn knew the league was going to come down on hard on both organizations but she did nothing to stop the fighting. She knew both teams were scrappy. She knew that both teams were clawing their way to the pinnacle of the sport. There could be nothing held back now. If Lereoux had to sit out a game or two or three the Smugglers had an able bodied reserve to fill the gap. She was confident that nothing could slow them down. Nothing at all and it came as little surprise to her to see the bloody and battered face of Shady Lerouex, tattoos dripping in blood, being thrown out of the game. The home crowd loved that little moment. John Huntington gave Shady a pat on the back as she walked off to the locker room. The message had been sent to Roselli who was being assisted to the sideline. Welcome to the Elite League and the dirtiest playing team in the galaxy: the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers.

The game ended with a Smuggler victory. There were cheers as Kaitlyn boarded the shuttle that would take them home. They’d done well in non-conference play so far. Up next were the stingy Rydonni Prime Monarchs in a match up that was a reminder of the hard fought Smuggler victory in the Final of ’76.

Here We Go Kaitlyn thought.

Tag:Runjedirun;CPL_Macja (fighting approved by RJR!)

11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Christine Gamble
    Senator Stadium, Coruscant

You’re going down, Sturm Christine thought to herself as she latched onto Georg Sturm’s body to make the full-body tackle. Only a minute had passed in the game, and she was already letting the Packer forward have it for daring come near her territory. She slammed Sturm to the ground with the textbook move; the ball didn’t come out of his grasp, still pinned to the ground, but at least Christine had the satisfaction of knowing that any commentators watching this game would make a comment on her excellent textbook stop. This was how you were taught as a defender to make a play, and she had always found it easier to just make a tackle in space rather than go for the big hit and risk missing altogether. No doubt her fellow defenders appreciated that sentiment for sound Limmie.

Sturm somehow wriggled the ball free of the ground and punched it to a waiting Jiva Taskelor, but the Thaakwaash came up against Ugdulo Borr. The Chevin, playing for his starting job here today with backup full back Deluxx breathing down his neck, swarmed the Packer full forward so that she had to pass it back out to the half forwards. Job done, Christine was able to get off the ground and stick on Sturm like glue, making sure he couldn’t go anywhere. Being a corner was hard work, as tackles in space were common, so it was best to use coverage skills to avoid needing to make open-field tackles in the first place.

New center half back Jenna Leed now had the matchup against Miles Abrams. Leed, the veteran and assistant captain, had switched positions with young back Patti Meter, since the second-year player had struggled against solid center half forwards her entire career. Abrams tried to go left, but Leed kept him in sight, moving with him as he tried to get around. It was a solid play from a veteran whose talents had not often been seen since she had been acquired prior to the 277 season. That steadying presence was cited as being a necessary part of this defensive group, because Meter was still young, and Haybius Korpus, the Quarren who had come over from Corellia in the offseason, was still figuring things out on his new team. They had the talent to be good, but they had to prove it for once. The Senator defense, after all, had everything to prove.

Finally the Senators got the ball, and it went up through the midfield. Sharsy Wenips, the second-round pick, and Arienne Farfell, also a rookie, were up against the Noghri midfielders that the Packers were employing. It was speed versus pure power in this game, and although Farfell wasn’t lightning-quick, she still had a nice burst when changing speeds. She was no burner like Alyda Hovechar or bruiser like Jolla Pic, but she had a good cut arsenal and could make solid decisions with the ball. Her only issue was inexperience brought on by this being only her fifth career Elite League. Reserves Levi Corner and Xander Darkrider had more, but Corner didn’t have many more, and Darkrider had only attended one practice the past week due to his wife delivering their first child. So Farfell had been given the go-ahead to start once more as the #1, which put her at a major disadvantage against most teams with experienced midfielders like the Packers. So this was a major challenge for her.

The Hapan got around her matchup and tossed the ball up to Vail Pin. The corner forward initiated the offense, throwing a pass over to Ava Killenger in the middle of the field. Ava then kicked the ball past the waiting arms of Alice Hrakness to a waiting Anya Amasova. The former C-Buc forward then charged ahead into the mountain of muscle that the Packers employed on defense. A hit from Allanabuck pushed her aside and off her path, but she was able to pass off to Max Qorbus, who had pushed his defender into the low post. The Barabel was tenacious in the defensive effort against the Nautolan, but Qorbus took the hits as he kept moving backwards. Vesh in goal for the Packers was ready for a quick turnaround shot, which Qorbus was famous for making. But he had other ideas. Instead he passed back to Pin, who had come around to act as the safety valve option. The Shistavanen then lobbed a pass above a jumping Glenn Lott to Amasova, who weaved past Dek and then drilled a rocket off her foot that went past Vesh and into the goal for three points.

Two minutes later, the Senators fastbreak began with a nice hit by Christine on Sturm. He fumbled the ball, and Christine kicked it away. Wenips got the kick, spun around her Noghri counterpart, and passed it up the field to Farfell. Arienne charged into the offensive set, causing the Packer defense to collapse more than they wanted to. She then passed out to the wing to a waiting Max, who swung it around to Leia Adama as she cut into the lane. Adama made the catch past a slipping Lott and drilled a shot from twenty yards out on an absolute rope from her arm. That was the rookie’s sixth goal of the season, bringing sorely-needed offense for the Senator attack.

It wasn’t long before the Senator offense really kicked it into high gear. Adama, covered from behind by her defender in Dek, found a way to eke a pass out to Qorbus, who then swung it to Amasova. The Hapan, who had been the Senators’ leading scorer in the disastrous 277 campaign and had struggled with the C-Bucs, was in the zone. She pump faked to get Hrakness out of her way, and then bashed her way into the fire once more. Somehow she came out of the pile unscathed, juked Vesh out of his shoes, and then nailed a kick into the back of the net for her second goal of the day.

As the Senator offense kept up their barrage on the hapless Thaakwash goalie for the Packers, the visitors were unable to get any leverage on the Senator defense. Every time they switched up their attack formation, the Senators would counter. When the large Packer forwards came in, the Senators switched to oblige them. Borr, Deluxx, and Jamee Meels came in as the big Senator squad, and when the smaller Packers came back in, out came the speedier defenders in Vex Blooker and Rainy Frantsen. It was quite a game being called by defensive coordinator Rosa Berant, who mixed up her blitzes and coverage packages like a pro. Sometimes a defender would feint dropping back, come up to challenge the play, then drop back as their matchup tried to pass back. This caused much confusion on the Packer offense, and led to a lot of turnovers.

At one point Stont, the Packers left corner forward, caught a pass. However, he hadn’t seen the dreadlocks fly behind him, and as soon as he caught the ball, he was roughly separated from the ball by Rickard Herman. The Korun had absolutely unloaded on the Chiss forward, and while it was a legal hit, it had certainly rattled Stont’s cage. Herman yelled out in celebration, and the crowd roared its approval for the bold rookie. Christine liked the man’s fire; he always played like it would be the last rep of his career, and even though he was just a rookie, he played smart Limmie. She was glad that he was on her team and not someone else’s. How he had fallen to them, she didn’t know, but Coach Berant was obviously happy to have her former Republican University corner back playing for her at the pro level.

At the half, the Senators had built an impressive lead. With a mix of bar points and slashing goals, they had buried the Packer defense completely. Although the game wasn’t out of reach, especially if the Packer offense got it going, the seeds of a big game had already been laid out. It was time to bring the hammer down, Coach Carelle reminded everyone in the locker room. This was their chance to finally play a complete game and blow someone else out instead of always being on the losing end of such games.

In the second half, the Senator offense was still rolling along nicely. Amasova caught a nice pass from Qorbus, who hadn’t been silenced all game by the Packer defense, and then jumped to get some hangtime. She had enough of a vantage point to be able to let off a nice shot that somehow found its way into the very top of the net past Vesh’s fingers. That was the hat trick for the Hapan forward, notching her career-best in both goals scored and points scored in a single game.

Eventually the starting offense came off the field, and the reserves were in. Thulius Jomas, the soft-spoken big half forward, had been beaten up by Allanabuck on a crossing pattern, and was in the locker room. Ynisse Zalt had taken over his spot, and now she was surrounded by her fellow reserves. In came Syra and Litan Kuna, Leann Lightcin, the former Ralltiir Starkiller draft pick, Gemma Sal-Solo, the former Corellia Rebel whom had been the add-on in the Korpus deal, and first-round pick Laura Cellen. They had been instructed to try and kill the clock, but to stay aggressive and make sure the Packers couldn’t get into a groove on offense by doing what they could to nip any fastbreak opportunities in the bud.

Christine finally got to come off the field, replaced by rookie Vex Blooker at the right corner spot. Herman was across from the Zabrak, along with Deluxx, Jamee Meels, Rainy Frantsen, and rookie Augustina Dekula, the former third-round pick. It was a late pick group, with Blooker coming in the second round of the recent draft, and Deluxx, Meels and Dekula all being third-round selections. This was the depth that the Senator coaches wanted to see, players whom had been passed in higher rounds of the Draft but still had talent and could play in the defensive system of Coach Berant. Eventually even Zeke Barbosa left the game, having allowed only seven points on the day. Jam Tarpals, the Gungan, replaced him. Corner and Darkrider went in at midfielder. It was a complete swap.

And yet it didn’t impact the Senators one bit on either end of the field. The defenders kept stonewalling the Packers, who were getting very frustrated by this point, and the offense kept firing away. Syra Kuna, the former assistant captain of the Ylesia Lightning and now Leia Adama’s backup at full forward, chipped in a bar point quickly, and her sister Litan not too long later added one of her own. Gemma had a pair of bar points on nice feeds from her fellow forwards, and Cellen had her chance late in the game. She hurdled a downed Packer defender, took the pick from Litan Kuna, and then spun around to get into the clear. Glenn Lott tried to bring her down, but she wouldn’t go. Finally she kicked a little runner that had just enough oomph to get past the goal line for three points, her first Elite League goal.

When all was said and done, the Senators walked out with a dominating 35-9 win over the Packers. Christine went through the handshake line first as her teammates lined themselves up behind her, and although she didn’t like having her hand crushed by all the Packer players, it was still a tradition to do this. She looked in their eyes, even to the Noghris and Barabels that the Packers had. If she could detect any expression at all, they were sunken down, defeated completely. She knew what that felt like; she had experienced that sort of pain in so many games in 277. To be completely destroyed at all facets of the game, to literally have your opponents running rings around you. That was what the Agamar Packers were feeling right now. Christine knew she should pity them for their woes, but on the other hand it felt good to finally win one of these games.

The Senator offense had clicked in all possible ways. Anya finished the game with a career-high 11 points, adding in two later bar points before being taken out. Max netted two goals to push his season total to 4 after three games, which quadrupled his goal total from all of 277. Leia had added her sixth goal of the season among six points, giving her 23 total points on the season. The rookie was turning some heads in the league, and when Qorbus was covered, she was able to step up and make plays. Anya was developing into a reliable third option on offense; her biggest claim to fame prior to the Euceron game two weeks earlier had probably been her appearance in the Senator player swimsuit calendar, but now no one was doubting that she had talent. When Max and Leia were plastered by defenders, the Hapan would come in and bail them out. She was picking up slack like Christine had seen Riff Persnor do; the Cathar had been the underrated option on offense who could burn any defenses foolish enough not to guard him closely. The reserve forwards chipped in seven points of their own in garbage time, and 10 players had scored in the game.

When the media came onto the field, they immediately went for Anya and for Max, who had been the undisputed stars of the game for the Senators. Christine let them have their moments of glory; she had someone else to talk to. Rickard was milling around on the field, and he wondered what in the hell was going on when he saw the captain approach. “Nice hit, rookie,” Christine said.

“Yeah, that one felt pretty good,” Herman said with a big smile.

“What do you call that?” Christine asked.

“It was a real boomer, that was for sure. I think he’ll be feeling that hit tomorrow.”

“You’ve got an edge, rook.”

“Yeah. We hit hard and don’t take prisoners. We’re like . . . hm . . . Boom Sticks . . . hard hitters . . . a . . . Legion of Boom. Yeah, that sounds pretty cool.”

Christine just chuckled; Herman didn’t miss a beat on or off the field. “Just don’t go trademarking that anytime soon. We still have a long way to go.”

“It’s an identity. I like having an identity, something to play for. Something to prove ourselves worthy of.”

“I think we did that,” Christine commented. The defense had played very well in this one.

When the team filed back to the locker room, most of the fans in the stands were still there. They had obviously enjoyed the first home win for the Senators since 276, and Christine hoped that this momentum would last. She wanted to see the stadium full again, because she had seen the Senators fanbase at its worst late last season. Now it was time to see their best.

Around Coruscant, beings were celebrating. In homes all over the capital planet, fans were watching the Holo as the black and orange scooted to victory. At Dex’s Diner, the patrons had plenty to cheer about as the Senators rolled up the scores. Yes the season was early, and there was still plenty of games left, but there was something to cheer for again on Coruscant.

TAG: Tim Battershell

Trieste, Rebecca_Daniels and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Ty Allin

It all started so well. Jul was able to score early, the crowd was joyous, and as a defensive unit we did well stopping Nar Shadda on their first couple of possessions. Quickly our offense went cold. No matter how much work you put in on defense if the other team’s offense always had the ball you started to wear down. We were wearing fast. On top of that Lereoux was goading Roselli. Mocking her and causing her to make foolish mistakes. Not to mention playing rough, they were all playing rough. At half time we were down by 10 points. Frustrated and exhausted I ran into the locker room without looking up, not even to check on Tomas.

“You all look defeated,” Trey said sadly as he began to address us. “This game is within reach, don’t give up. I’ve got plenty of beings sitting on the bench who want a chance to play today. Either you go out there and turn this around or I’m giving them an opportunity. Resting the lot of you for the game on Euceron. Is that what you all want? You want to quit?”

I was shaking my head. Of course I didn’t want to quit. I hadn’t quit. Maybe he wasn’t talking to me. Surely he was more upset with the offense they were the ones who couldn’t seem to even hold onto the ball out there. Once we were dismissed to take the field for the second half I huddled up the defense. “How’s everyone?” I asked looking around me.

I looked over and saw a fresh scrape that had just been bandaged by a trainer on Roselli’s face. There were also bruises on Jeffers. It was hard to tell with the others. I had to trust the non-humans to tell me if they were hurting. Their fur often hid the worst of their injuries. There was a chorus of affirmative replies. Everyone insisting they had plenty of fight left in them. “Play smart,” I reminded them. “If you feel like resting up and trying again next week is your best option, it’s not quitting. Coach is just trying to wake up the offense that’s all. We played a solid first half and we can win this thing with a little help from the scoring squad. Let’s hope they join this party.”

Several beings around me laughed. We took the field in better spirits. Those spirits broke fast. Again and again we were forced to defend our goal. Sometimes we held sometimes we didn’t. Then it happened. Lereoux and Roselli were running after a loose ball simultaneously. I was feeling great about Roselli despite her struggles so far she was still out there doing everything she could for this team. Suddenly I saw Lereoux pop Roselli in the mouth. Roselli hit the ground hard. Next thing I knew a blur ran by “Oh no she didn’t.” I heard the blur say. That blur was Kaat Stun. She ran full speed into Lereoux and tackled her to the ground. I heard the crowd reaction, mostly positive after seeing us get beat up all day it was exciting for them to see one of us fight back. Even if it wasn’t getting us any points. At least someone was doing something. I felt the same way.

The two women went at it as the refs blew their whistles helplessly. Jeffers was looking at me, I motioned for him to stay back. Meanwhile I jogged up to check on Roselli, she was conscious, trying to get up. “Stay down,” I told her. To my surprise Hovechar had rushed over at some point and was now taking swings at Lereoux along with Stun. A few other Sumgglers players began to get in on the action. I reached in and grabbed Hovechar. “Alyada are you crazy?” I asked lifting her out of the fight. “You’ll be fined,” and that’s if we are lucky, I thought to myself.

She was squirming in my arms as I carried her to the sideline while the refs finally made some headway in breaking up the brawl on field. “Let me go,” she ordered.

Once we got to the sideline I set her on the bench and got her a fresh cup of gundarkade. “It’s not like you to get involved in a fight,” I said. “What happened out there?”

She didn’t answer at first, she didn’t sip her gundarkade. She just sat there staring blankly out at the field. “Martin Vigo,” she whispered. “This season was for him, we were supposed to win it all,” she paused and looked at the scoreboard. It was 20 – 3. There wasn’t enough time to come back from a 17 point deficit. “We need to do better than this,” she said balling up her fists and smashing the untouched cup of gundarkade in the process. The orange liquid ran down her arm.

“This is just one game,” I reminded her. “Besides Martin would have been more upset to see you throw a punch today than if we lost every game of the season.” She hung her head. “It’s okay though,” I said quickly. “The fans loved it. Besides it will be nice to have coach yell at someone besides me at practice this week.”

Alyada looked up at Trey who was kneeling beside Roselli she had been helped to the sideline and was surrounded by trainers. “I like to run, you think he’ll order me to do sprints?” She asked with an almost smile.

“Standing still would be more of a punishment in your case,” I put in. A ref appeared in front of us. “She needs to leave the field.” He told me. Alyada looked up in shock. “Late hit, throwing a punch, leaving position during an altercation on field. Take your pick of infractions and join your goal tender in the locker room.” The ref said sternly addressing Alyada.

She nodded, got up and headed towards the tunnel. As she was escorted off field she turned and mouthed, “Thank you.”

Play was about to begin again. I ran over to Tomas and grabbed a cup of gundarkade for myself. “Enjoying the entertainment out there?” I asked him.

“I don’t know if I’m allowed to enjoy that,” he said sounding confused.

“It’s always fun to watch a good fight,” I assured. “Just make sure not to tell your mom I told you that,” I said as I ran back onto the field. There were only a few minutes of play left. Trey put Kent in goal. McCloud took full advantage of him and scored on him as soon as play resumed. Sureysh added a bar point to our total on the following drive which gave us a grand total of four points for the day.

I should have felt defeated as I shook hands with the Smugglers on my way off the field. Instead I left feeling confused. Had I rescued Alyada, and then proceeded to chide her on the sidelines? Was I beginning to sound like a grown up? Was this what becoming a father had done to me? And why didn’t I hate it?

TBC

Tags Vehn (for gameplay) And Trieste (for the altercation on field)

13. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Bakura Gardens, Salis’Daar, Bakura

The Pirates took to the field with a fire in their bellies, they wanted another win. Geoff look in the stands, the black spot of Scallywags waved their large flag proudly. Everything was in place for another victory. The first ten minutes past with no one scoring The Pirate defense was holding against a powerful Miners offense but, a Pirate attack never really materialized. Logan was completely shutout by Penn and Rime and Vayan couldn’t get a single shot past Comstock. Lyriss juked around Bestide and made a run on goal. He faked a bar point getting Qazi and Brian out of position, the Kiffar sent the ball into the far side of the next. Three to zero a third of the way through the game, the Pirates could come back. Then the Miners scored two more goals and a bar point before the half.

In the locker room Geoff wasn’t sure of what to say. The defense looked tried and the offense was frustrated, in the same situation they were at Ralltiir.

“Ok team,” Geoff said his voice faltering just a little, “We can come back from this we’re not done yet.”

“Coach,” Samia said cutting him off, “we ain’t got much left. They’ve been pounding away at us from the first whistle and, I don’t know about the rest of you guys but, I don’t think I last another thirty against this attack.” Rhodri reached over and put a heavy hand on her shoulder.

“Samia” he started, “You can’t talk like that, the second you doubt you lose.”

“Coach is right, we can win this,” Rime said standing up, “we just have to step up our game and not give up.”

After half time the teams returned to the field. The whistle blew and the Pirates again held the Miners scoreless for ten minutes. Then Fiesta blew past Sylvanus like he was standing still and Samia couldn’t move in time to stop the run on goal. Qazi did what he could but he was no match, the Miners scored their fourth unanswered goal. After that it was over the Miner defense locked down even harder barely allowing the Pirates any time in the offensive zone. Even though the Miners’ attack had cooled off they still managed to score three more goals and a bar point. Qazi stopped nearly thirty shots on goal but, his heroic effort wasn’t enough to stop the Pirates from losing. Towards the end Rime and Leigh scored two bar points, showing that the offense wasn’t completely shutout but, far too little, far too late. Geoff was crestfallen, maybe this was reality setting in, that this nowhere team should return to the pit of mediocrity from which they came. The dark thoughts hung over the coach though the post-game handshake. As he watched his players go back to the visitor’s locker room he saw Marky flash a smile and a thumbs up to him. Geoff approached the young midfielder later and asked about it.

“You looked down coach.” Marky answered, “You needed something to boost your spirit. Sure we got beat bad but, what team in the league hasn’t had a bad loss. The Senators had a whole season of losses and they’re still in the league. Even if we end with one win we still did better than them last year.” Geoff had not expected that well thought out of a response from the man of barely twenty years. Geoff turned to start packing his things when he heard,

“Mr. Copin,” He looked to the voice and saw Rin Bahar with her voice recorder and personal hovering holocam. “Would you have time for a couple of questions?”

“Yes Ms. Bahar, I have a little bit of time.” He replied looking around, she was the only reporter in the room.

“What do you think the team will have to work on before the game against the Senators?”

“Well, everything, our offense didn’t get off the ground and our defense collapsed.”

“Qazi and Rhodri had a great showing in today’s game, so, what do you think lead to the, as you put it, defensive collapse?”

“I think it was a number of factors but, I would say not enough depth around Rhodri and Qazi, two players can’t stop a whole team”

“And how do you plan on adding more depth?”

“Not sure at this point, but focusing more on lane blocking and pass interception rather than a more aggressive defensive stance might be a good start.”

“Thank you for your time coach.”

“Thanks.” Geoff got his things together and headed for the spaceport.

Shield Towers, O’pahz, Carratos

“What did I say coach,” Bara said as Geoff approached, “defense wins games and it was lacking in that game.”

“Thanks Bara and I am going to work on defense more now.”

“Yeah, noticed that but, giving your whole defensive strategy away on holo, not wise coach, not wise.”

“I know but, what was I supposed to do?”

“Use vague words like, a more passive defense, or a change in defensive mindset, something like that.”

“You seem to know an awful lot about this stuff Bara.”

“I just watch a lot of limmie.”

“I wouldn’t think his job offers a lot of time to watch games.” The Klatooinan tapped his wrist mounted holo projector.

“I’ve got this setup so I can watch the game anytime, anywhere, even when I’m here.”

“Doesn’t that distract you?”

“Coach I’ve been doing this for a long time, I’ve learned how to keep one eye on the game the other on the door. Plus, I got this guy over here.” Bara reached over and slapped the other guard on the shoulder. The guard snared a bit.

“Not a Pirates fan I take it?”

“Nah, not a limmie fan period,”

“Oh, well Bara I’d better get going.”

“Yeah, see ya’ tomorrow.” Geoff walked past the guards and up to his apartment. It was the middle of the day and Geoff expected to be attacked by two four year olds.
    When he opened the door he didn’t hear any shrieks or little feet. What he did hear was his wife’s voice.

“Yag you got the main drive connectors routed thought the environmental control node,” Laura said to a Given in the bottom left hand corner of the holoprojection. She stood close to the middle of the living room with the electrical semantics for a civilian cargo hauler up on the holoprojecter built in to the caf table. “If there’s a short it could shut down the entire system and kill the crew. Didn’t you see that in the simulations?” Geoff moved quietly and sat in a chair just out of frame.

“Yes I did,” Yag replied “but the probability of that happening where exactly 61,398 to 1.” Laura tapped a button on the console and brought up several official looking documents.

“I’m looking at the contracts now and we already have orders for over 70,000 ships, with more on the way. So, I suggest we route the connectors along the starboard fire wall.” She pulled a line from the center of the blueprint to the right side.

“Yes, but that will result in a 2% decrease in efficiency.”

“A 2% efficiency increase is not worth a sentient life,”

“This new route will increase the cost per unit and several potential clients are dangerously close to pulling out of negotiations.”

“I’m sure that the path of a group of wires isn’t going to raise the price enough to scare off buyers. Besides, whatever the cost is it’ll be less that the cost of wrongful death suits, and the damage to our brand.”

“I’ll send your suggestion to the project manager.” He said with a hint of indignation.

“No Yag, I can do it, it is my suggestion after all.” Yag reached his arm forward and faded from the projection. She stood there for a moment longer. Geoff rose and walked behind her. She held a degree in systems engineering, which could be applied to many fields but, her specialty was aerospace. She had a job at an aerospace design firm Denon and her route home brought her by the stadium where Geoff worked. They actually met when Geoff absentmindedly walked into her one morning and spilt her caf all over her. He offered to buy her another one from a shop just around the corner and, she accepted. He gave her his contact information in case she wanted to file suit against him or something but, she knew it was just an excuse. She called back a few days later and setup a time to have caf with him at the shop. One caf date became two, then dinner and before either of them knew it, he was proposing to her in that shop. When Iris and Ira were born Laura decided to work freelance to spend more time with the kids. After the move to Carratos she found a job as an auxiliary systems engineer at Bilbringi Shipyards. She uses an encrypted datapad and a secure connection to communicate and send reports to the higher ups without ever having to leave home. Being an auxiliary employee she was only called upon when needed, usually when there were multiple projects going at once. On days that she needed to work Laura often dropped Iris and Ira off at day care.

“Hey babe,” Geoff said looking over her shoulder, “rough day at work?”

“Not as rough as yours I’d say.” She said turning around. She put her arms around his neck and gave him a peck on the lips.

“Ehh, it’s just one game doesn’t end our season.” Geoff put his arms around her waist and kissed her. They held each other for another moment then Geoff spoke. “I should go get the girls, they probably want to spend a little bit of time with me, and you can finish what you got going on here.”

“Thanks babe.” She replied. Geoff let her go moved to the door, “Hey hun,” Laura called out over his shoulder. He turned to look at her. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He said smiling.

TAG: Trieste

14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: May Trieste
    Mesh’la Vhetin, Keldabe, Mandalore

May grimaced. This was the moment that you didn’t think about when you decided to become a doctor, but the moment that hit you right in the face the first time you had to do it.

It was the moment when there wasn’t an easy fix, when you had to deliver bad news.

“I can’t recommend that you play,” May stated. She tried not to be blunt about it, but she had to be honest.

Alana Glencross didn’t blink. She didn’t even try to disagree. She was perfectly calm. “My shoulder has hurt like this for years. It hurts every day of the season and if we make the playoffs a month after the last game,” Alana said, “This is normal.”

“And other people would be out for weeks with what I’m feeling in there. We’re talking a severe strain here--in a best case scenario,” May said, “That hit from one of the Teaics last week caused it to flare up.”

“Like I said, I’ve played through this for a long time,” Alana said, “You just have fresh eyes on it.”

“Which you should be taking advantage of. If you properly rehabbed this, you would be surprised what it could do.”

“I’ve won two Galactic Cups with this shoulder. Maybe three. I can’t exactly remember how far it goes back.”

“That’s no excuse. You get injured the wrong way, you may never be able to play again,” May warned Alana.

“If I stop playing to rehab it, depending on the length of the rehab, that might happen anyways,” Alana said, “I know I don’t have many years left. This is going to be my last contract. I want to be on the field for as long as I can.”

May sighed and put her datapad down as she considered her next words. “I still can’t recommend that you play.”

“But you can’t stop me either,” Alana stated, “not if I signed the right waivers releasing you and the team from all liability.” It was a statement, not a question. May knew that Alana was correct, and Alana knew it too. “I have, and you know it.”

“It goes against all my sensibilities to let you play,” May said, “It might even go against medical ethics.”

“Doc, is it dangerous for me to play?” Alana asked.

“Somewhat.”

“Any more dangerous than this game is in general? Comparatively?”

May hemmed and hawed before answering. “Marginally more so.”

“And yet you let every other player on this team go out there with basically the same level of physical risk,” Alana pointed out.

“Alana, you have a son. A family. You have more than yourself to think about,” May pleaded.

“I have 14 other beings to think about today,” Alana said, sliding off the examining table, “I have a C on my chest that says they’re going to look to me to lead them into danger, a danger I share.”

“That C doesn’t stand for…” May was going to say stupid, but that wasn’t a word starting with C. She flipped through the thesaurus in her brain.

“...completely insane?” Alana suggested.

“Let’s go with that,” May said. She couldn’t help but turn up the corners of her mouth in a smile.

“I’ve been banged around by the best of them--especially these bucketheads,” Alana said, “You think that there aren’t Mandos taking the field right now who are in this shape or worse? You think their doc is even thinking twice about playing them? Heck, I bet someone over there has got the exact same shoulder as me and they’re not even flinching at the thought of someone like Horst driving right into it. It might even be Lieznam, who, for all we know is hurting too, will he gut it out against us today like he did in the Final.”

“I think that Mandalorians are generally not the paragons of rationality and clear thinking,” May replied.

Alana shook her head. “I thought that once. I thought it was all headlong-into-the-fire, but you play against a team like this for over a decade, you learn who they are. When a Mandalorian charges into battle, he or she knows that they do it in the face of danger and injury, that they risk themselves every single time. One of their sayings is, k’oyacyi, ‘cheers,’ but it also means ‘come back safely,’ ‘stay alive,’ because they are painfully aware that they may not. But they fight because they are a nation, and that’s something this team stands for now more than ever. It always has, but now that their fans have a real stake in the team, they play for so much more. When your opponent puts themselves on the line against you, the only honorable thing to do is to do the same yourself.

“Besides, these guys would be disappointed if I didn’t play,” Alana said cheerily, “We’re old friends. You never pass up an opportunity to see old friends.”

“Whatever you do, I’m prescribing mandatory stretches for you to do at least daily, if not more, with some kinesthetic adjustments,” May insisted.

“As long as I’m playing, whatever it takes,” Alana promised.

With that, she headed back to the locker room to get ready for the warm up. Even though it hadn’t been stated, they both knew that May would not say anything to Tunross, Valerii, or anyone else. The injury was such that in the end it was Alana’s decision, not May’s. She knew the risks and she was willing to take them.

No good came of saying anything else about it.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422

15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Big Board, Week Three
    Sarah "Terminator" Connor (Human, Female, Goaltender, Taanab A&M)
    Game Line: 11 saves, 17 PA, W vs. UG, 32-17
    Analysis: Had a solid game in goal for her team, who played a nice home opener. We like what we see from her thus far.

Mark Meeks (Human, Male, Corner Back, Ord Sabaok University)
    Game Line: 4 tackles, 2 interceptions, L vs. CFA, 34-13
    Analysis: Had a nice game although his team didn’t. Did everything he was asked to do given the circumstances.

Pashta (Gungan, Female, Corner Forward, Theed University)
    Game Line: 3 turnovers, 1 shot on goal, W @OFTCA, 26-21
    Analysis: Ugly game from this prospect despite the game win. We’re starting to doubt that she has the right skills for the Elite League.

Noah Till (Human, Male, Center Half Back, Ralltiir University)
    Game Line: 2 tackles, W @TBA, 32-26
    Analysis: Didn’t do much in the shootout game where neither defense was effective. We don’t know if this was just a game where no one could play defense, or if the pressure got to him.

Mikia Sandin (Human, Female, Left Half Back, Bilbringi University)
    Game Line: 16 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, L vs. ICB, 36-9
    Analysis: Sometimes your teammates just don’t bail you out. But when you are this good despite the circumstances, teams start to look. And that’s a good thing.

Gorgalan "Gor" Irukandji (Nikto, Male, Center Half Forward, Norand University (Carratos))
    Game Line: 3 goals scored, 4 bar points, 7 shots on goal, 13 points scored, 2 tackles, 1 forced fumble, W @LU, 23-2
    Analysis: Breakout game. We don’t expect him to repeat this performance, but it doesn’t hurt to have such a huge game like this.

Niels Karuari (Ishi Tib, Male, Left Corner Forward, University of Denon)
    Game Line: 1 goal scored, 2 bar points, 5 points scored, 1 turnover, 4 shots on goal, W vs. UDE, 22-16
    Analysis: Had a nice game in the Denon rivalry match. Not flashy, but many prospects don’t need to be in order to be effective.

Yeorg Niktel (Human, Male, Half Forward, Bakura Fleet Academy)
    Game Line: 4 turnovers, L vs. UBSD, 19-4
    Analysis: After a hot start to the season, Niktel has fallen on hard times. He’d better pick it up if he wants to be the first Ensign in a long time to have a shot at the Elite League.

Felda (Cathar, Female, Midfielder, UB Cape Suzette)
    Game Line: 7 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries, 2 bar points scored, 2 points scored, 2 shots on goal, 1 forced fumble, W @ AU, 12-4
    Analysis: Did a bit of everything in the road win, including making tackles in space, playing good defense, and even scoring two points. Looks like one of the best balanced midfielders in the college ranks right now.

Kal'cre'ltenk (Chiss, Male, Half Forward, Sarvchi Technological University)
    Game Line: 2 goals scored, 4 shots on goal, 1 turnover, 6 points scored, 2 assists, W vs. UO, 24-23
    Analysis: Good overall game from this prospect. Really boosting his stock at the right time, and could easily be a second-round pick in the Draft. Lots of upside here.

Penkal (Aqualish, Male, Full Back, College of Fondordelphia)
    Game Line: 1 tackle, W @RU, 40-30
    Analysis: There was no defense in the game, and it showed. Guy was lucky to get one tackle in what otherwise was a very forgettable performance. But hey, at least his team won, so that’s all that matters.

TAGS to galactic-vagabond422, Polydroxol, Tim Battershell, Runjedirun, Trieste, Vehn, CPL_Macja, jcgoble3

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Power Rankings, Week Three

1. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers – Big wheels keep on turnin’, apparently. Embarrassed the Starkillers on Ralltiir, whipping them (literally!) at every point of attack. This team is frighteningly good. The Skywalker Conference better look out, because they’re going to get smacked if they’re not careful. N/C

2. Euceron Storm – What does it take to be 3-0 and not be the number one in the rankings? We totally blame Kaitlyn Vehn and her ‘Evil Empire’. Wait, that’s the Miners . . . maybe the rest of the league should call her the ‘Dictator’. Yeah, that works. Because the Storm are clearly not pleased to still be in second, even if the league standings say otherwise. N/C

3. Rydonni Prime Monarchs – Yes the Mercs are an offensive mess right now with supposed infighting, but the Monarchs still have that killer defensive unit. And that’s a good thing. When they can find that magic scoring touch, this is going to happen more often. [​IMG] 2

4. Bakura Miners – The Gardens have apparently become a place where most teams come to die now, apparently. Utter domination this past week. [​IMG] 1

5. Coruscant Senators – Winning two in a row has actually happened for the first time in three years for this team. While we still doubt them, at least they’re showing up to play this season, and that’s a good thing. Steamrolled the Packers this week with an offensive fury they’ve been sorely lacking for a long time. [​IMG] 5

6. Mando’ade Mercs – Hm, offensive troubles spell doom more often than not, and it’s not just the Monarchs being that good this last week. If the Mercs don’t fix the problems in the Front 6, this could derail quickly.[​IMG] 2

7. Ralltiir Starkillers – Ran into a buzzsaw this week. Sometimes there’s nothing you can do but bow your head and admit that you where whipped. [​IMG] 1

8. Ylesia Lightning – Hard-fought loss to previously winless Kuat doesn’t bode well for the rankings. Yes they played hard, but the defense is suddenly a concern again. Is Kasin Urdaaza that rusty, or is she losing a step? N/C

9. Hapes Consortium Buccaneers - Troubling loss against Euceron makes us wonder if this team's leadership is experiencing a major slide backwards. [​IMG] 2

10. Kuat Triforce – Finally picked up their first win of the season, and had to outscore a good Lightning team to do it. They are still figuring things out, but when they get rolling, they are hard to stop. Noj Elbog looks good thus far. [​IMG] 2

11. Carratos Pirates – Dear Pirates, losing by a lot of points at Bakura Gardens happens a lot these days. Don’t feel too bad. There must be a curse at that place. [​IMG] 2

12. Agamar Packers – Ugh. Getting blown out by the Senators . . . yes, the Senators . . . definitely should make Tim Dodd feel sick to his stomach. Right now would be a good time to call up some new blood and see if they can’t just make a run in conference play. [​IMG] 1

TAG: jcgoble3, Runjedirun, Trieste, Vehn, galactic-vagabond422, Polydroxol, Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja, Rebecca_Daniels, Tim Battershell

17. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    O’pahz, Carratos

“Daddy, come look.” Ira said jumping up and down in front of a toy display. Geoff walked over with Iris on his shoulders. Ira held up an engineering play set, “I can be like mommy.” He turned the box over and looked at the age suggestion, 5+. He looked at Ira then back to the box.

“All right Ira, I’ll buy this for you but, you’ve got to promise to only play with it when mommy and daddy are around ok.” She nodded her little head. “Anything you want Iris?” He asked looking up.

“Hummm, that way,” His other daughter answered pointing towards another section of the store. Geoff walked to the place indicated, the sporting goods section. “That one daddy,” Iris said gesturing to a pink junior bolo-ball.

“Are you sure you want pink, there’s a white one over there.”

“Uh-hun pink is the coolest.”

“All right,” he pulled the light colored ball off the rack and put it under his arm. He smiled as they walked to the checkout counter. His daughters were so young yet already showing differences between them. Ira was trying to read chapter books, and Iris couldn't sit still. Geoff paid for the items and walked out of the store with a bag in one hand and Ira’s hand in the other.

“Iris, it’s my turn on daddy’s shoulders.” Ira called out looking up at her sister.

“Nuh-uh,” Iris replied.

“Yeah-hun, you’ve been up there since two stores ago.”

“Iris,” Geoff, cut in before the little girl on his shoulders could respond “Your sister’s right it’s her turn now.” He could feel her squirm a little. Even though he couldn’t see her face Geoff knew it was a sour expression on Iris’ face.

“Ok, fine.” Geoff knelt down to let one daughter off and let the other one on.

“Ira, what do we say,” he said before standing up. He could feel Ira’s eyes roll.

“Thank you Iris.” He turned his head to Iris who was looking at the ground.

“You’re welcome.” She said crossing her arms. He looked ahead and caught a glimpse of a large man in a black short sleeve shirt. His right arm had an intricate black dragon tattoo winding around it and, a star was placed between the dragons upper and lower jaw. That tattoo was the trademark of a Star Dragons. Geoff wasn’t sure when he noticed but, soon after moving to Carratos whenever he was out in public there was always at least one Star Dragon nearby. At first he was afraid but, after seeing how they acted around him he realized that they were there to protect him and his family. Carratos was a little dangerous for the uninitiated and Geoff was glad that Schnitt or somebody decided to protect him. They walked along looking in windows and talking about what ever popped into the little girls heads. His comlink buzzed and Geoff answered it. Schnitt appeared on the holographic display for the chest up.

“Ah, Geoff I hope I’m not interrupting anything.” The Balosar said looking side to side.

“You are a little bit, just spending some time with my kids. Say hi, kids.”

“Hi, Schnitt,” They said in unison.

“Hello girls,” Schnitt returned his attention to Geoff. “I need to speak with you in my office at the stadium.”

“Right now, can’t this wait?”

“No can do, I know how much your family means to you but, this can’t wait.”

“All right I can be there in half an hour, after I drop my girls off.”

“You can bring them along, this shouldn’t take very long.”

“I’m going to hold you to that Schnitt.”

Geoff entered Schnitt’s office after leaving his daughters with Schnitt’s Twi’lek secretary.

“What’s this about?” Geoff asked sitting down in one of the chairs across from Schnitt’s desk. The team owner stood in front of a window looking out upon O’pahz.

“Do you know what the holo-net says about me?”

“I don’t follow.” Schnitt turned to face the coach.

“They say I bribed the commissioner, threatened his family or, if you believe less reputable sources, am in league with a cabal of sith lords that eat babies and secretly run the galaxy.”

“They still say that? I thought I shut down that line of questioning at my first press conference.”

“Apparently it wasn’t enough, and these reporters always seem to find some source to back up their stories. My backers are getting nervous.”

“Wait you have backers?” Geoff asked leaning forward.

“You thought this was all me?” Schnitt chuckled. “You think I have the startup capital to build a one million seat stadium, staff that stadium and, hire and equip a limmie team complete with coach to play in said stadium.” Schintt sank down into his chair. “I may be wealthy but, I don’t have that kind of money. What I do have are connections and negotiating skills to find the people that do have that kind of money.”

“How come I never knew about these backers?”

“If you were my lawyer and not my limmie team’s coach you would know but, these people like their privacy and have the good sense to leave everything to me." He paused to straighten his pocket square. "I called you here to tell you something, I’ve put my name forward as a representative from Carratos for the All-Star game’s Challenge Team.” Geoff’s mouth hung open. Schnitt was healthy, not over weight or anything but, Geoff just couldn’t see a limmie player in him. “Don’t look so surprised, I played right half forward for my secondary school, I know how to play. That’s one of the reasons I decided to put a limmie team here, I wanted to feel that rush again. I knew I could never play on a professional level but, owning a team, that was easy. I just needed lots of money, and if there’s one thing Carratos has it’s lots of money, if you know where to look and who to ask.” Geoff dared not inquire into what Schintt meant by where to look or who to ask.

“You think playing in the All-Star game will fix your image.”

“I hope to show that I’m not some underhanded thief looking to buy my way to glory, to show that when challenged I step up. Now this could all backfire and be panned as a publicity stunt but, high risk high reward.”

“If that’s all you were going to tell me then why couldn’t it have waited?”

“Nope because I’ve scheduled a press conference for later today to announce it, and I wanted to know if you have any other candidates.”

“Uh… I was thinking Bara maybe as a defender.”

“Ah, the Klatooinan guard outside your building that’s perfect I’ll arrange to have him there too.”

“Wait you can just do that?” Geoff asked a puzzled look on his face. Schnitt just looked at him with a stern face. “Ok I will see you at the press conference then.” Geoff quickly stepped out of the office to collect his daughters. Iris came running up to him with a holo in her hand.

“Look daddy, look at what the nice lady gave me.” She held up the holo of Leigh Cavanagh. The young right half forward had become something of an inspiration for Iris. Maybe it was the fact that Leigh was the youngest player on the team or that they share the same eye color, all Geoff knew was that Iris loved Leigh.

“That's awesome honey, did you remember to say thank you.”

“Yes daddy.” He looked to the secretary for confirmation, the twi’lek nodded her head.

“All right let’s go home.”

“All right everyone if you can find your seats we can begin, just a note I will not be taking any questions.” He paused to allow the assembled reporters to take their seats. “I’ve called you all here to announce that the representatives from Carratos for the All-Star Game Challenge team have been selected. They are Bara.” The Klatooinan stood looking a bit uncomfortable in his black long sleeve shirt, “and myself” There were a few gasps and whispers. “As well I’d like to personally challenge all owners, presidents or whoever calls the shots for each team to join me. Tim Dodd you could show us how to play TenGate after the game. Falene Trieste you can play for both teams I don’t mind. Gark S’rily show us what Superbothan can do. Wilrax Tunran I’m sure you’ve got some tricks up your sleeve. Queen Mother of the Hapes Consortium, Kuat of Kuat your public awaits you and we want to see you play some limmie. The Mando’ade your skills would be awesome for a left half back. Kaitlyn Vehn you’d be perfect as a right half back, you take no prisoners and show no mercy. Madelyn Vigo why let you in-laws have all the fun and what’s more fun them beating them at limmie. Setarcos Rhemes, pick a position you've played them all. Otta you’d make the best goalie ever and, this is not just an empty challenge, for every person I just mentioned that joins me I will donate 10,000 of my own credits to whatever charity the being wants. So come on, let's descend from our boxes of money and get our hand dirty. Thank you." Schnitt rose and walked off the stage. Bara sat there looking rather perplexed. Geoff walked up to him amongst the throng of reporters clamoring for a statement.

"Bara, let's get a drink." Geoff said. All the Klatooinan could do was nod his head.

TAG: jcgoble3 Runjedirun Trieste Vehn Polydroxol Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja Rebecca_Daniels Tim Battershell

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: Adenn Vizsla
    GM's Office, Meshla Vhetin, Manda'yaim

As he had for week one the Merc's General Manager had stayed behind on manda'yaim for their away contest on Rydonni Prime. Yes this was the Battle for the Blaster or whatever it wa called, but Vizsla had little use for pedantic trophies handed back and forth between teams. He wanted to bring home the big trophy to Manda'yaim, the Galactic Cup, the only trophy that mattered.

He sat down behind his desk and placed his bucket on it. He had a dozen or so scouting reports to go over, but they could wait. The Mercs game was about to get under way and he wanted to see how the team fared on the road this week. Setting the scouting reports aside he grabbed a data pad on which to take notes. Long gone were the days where he could sit and simply enjoy the beautiful game He watched everything with a critical eye now, broke down every play in his mind's eye and recorded his impressions. What he saw gave his serious concerns for the Mercs for the remainder of the season.

The offense was a complete mess. The communication issues seemed to have been resolved as set plays were called and were followed by all the players on the field. At first it looked like they might be able to allow the offense to flow through Daryc and Lieznam as it was intended to. But the Monarch's defense wasn't allowing that to happen. They swarmed Lieznam, forcing him into error after error. The others, Daryc especially, kept trying to get him involved in the offense (a credit to whatever Coach Braun had drilled into them this past week in practice) but it was to no avail. The Monarch's defense, anchored by tremendous play between the pipes, never allowed the Mercs forwards to establish any kind of rhythm.

On defense at least the Mercs had held their own for the most part. But it had been no where near enough. Only a late goal by Daryc in garbage time had avoided the shutdown and made the score somewhat more respectable. The truth of it was that the 13-4 score was severely misleading, the game had not even been that close. The team was obviously discouraged, Lieznam especially. He gave the Monarchs bench a rather obscene hand gesture as the game came to a close, one that was clearly caught by the holo broadcast and seen across the galaxy. Vizsla was sure that Lieznam and the Mercs would be hearing from the League office about that one.

Of course things would get no easier now, not that they ever did in the ELL. The Mercs would be heading home from Rydonni Prime at 1-2 and closing out the non conference schedule against the defending champions, the team that had defeated the Mercs in last year's title game and the team that Vizsla had earned his own championship ring with. As always it would be a tough match, and Vizsla could only hope that whatever offensive woes were plaguing young Lieznam would be rectified by the time the Miners arrived.

TAG: CPL_Macja, Trieste (for League reaction to Lieznam's actions)

IC: ??? (NPC)
    Living the dream/Stuck in a nightmare.

The voices roared around him as he brought the ball up the pitch. They were loud, deafening even, but the player couldn't tell what any of them were saying. He knew through experience that some would be cheering him on, others were rooting for him to fail. They cursed his name and questioned his parentage. They were always there, those that derided him and wished nothing more than for him to fail. He was too short to play. Too small. He wouldn't be able to stand up to the punishment at this level. He had heard it all. In every league he had ever played in, from pee-wee to High School to college and now in the ELL, the insults had always been the same. It was the desire to silence those critics that drove him to succeed, and so he had. He was always the best, the focus, the heart of the team. Teams that had always enjoyed great success following his leadership. He was the man, and he knew it.

His attitude of course wasn't contained to just his play on the pitch. His off-field activities were followed by millions, perhaps billions across the galaxy. He was a story, the story, where ever he went, and he loved every second of it. It was just further proof to him that he had made it. He didn't care about the bad press he oft times recieved. This was the work of the "haters", those who only wanted to see him fail, and spectacularly. Their desires only fueled his more, and so it was with the determination born of this hatred that he brought the ball up field, towards the net.

There were team mates on the filed too, they called for the ball, though the player couldn't hear them. They didn't matter. The ball was his, the moment was his, and in this moment he would silence his critics and show them all his greatness. In that moment he would fire the ball towards the back of the net and score the goal that would win him a championship. He drew his arm back, the ball steady in his hands as he was swarmed by a pair of blue and gold clad defenders. Their faces were covered in shadow, and he didn't know who they were, but it mattered little. This was his moment, not theirs.

His arm shot forward, releasing the bolo-ball just moments before he took a crushing hit, a hit that seemed to bounce off of him, for in this moment he was invulnerable. The ball sailed towards the goal, like rocket he knew it would easily beat the goaltender who was too slow to respond to such a strike. The player raised his hand in exultation, knowing that in this moment he had won his title, that he was a champion. In this moment...the goaltender caught the ball and saved the goal.

The player's eyes grew wide, how was this happening? This was his moment, not that of some other lesser player. The question went through the player's head over and over again. How? But he didn't have time to contemplate things as suddenly the ball was in his hands again. This time the goaltender was no where to be seen. There were only seconds left on the clock and so the player fired the ball towards the net again.

*CLANG*

The noise could be heard even over the raucous crowd as the ball bounced off of the cross bar. Anther miss as the ball skittered out of bounds. The player couldn't believe it, how could he, the greatest of all forwards in the game today miss such an easy shot? Then the ball was in his hands again, so he took another shot.

*CLANG*

The ball ricocheted off the goal again, where it was again found its way miraculously into his arms.

*CLANG*

... and again.

*CLANG*

...and again.

*CLANG*

The player awoke with a shout, shooting straight up in his bed. The sheets were covered in a cold sweat. He was freezing, and he was alone in his bedroom, not on the pitch living his worst nightmare. Slowly he got up out of bed and put on a bath robe, his nickname stitched above the right breast. Looking into the full length mirror next to his dresser, he whispered to himself, "It was a dream, only a dream." But deep down he knew it spoke to others issues, fore the Miners were coming, the team that had stolen his real dream and crushed it under the weight of their own title run. He would have to be strong, he would have to lead the team to victory here. He would have to redeem himself, in his own eyes and those of his fans. He would have to silence the critics and get his team back to the title game, and bring home the Cup. But in the back of his mind, he heard it, just as he had been hearing it softly all season, getting louder and louder in the mind of Johnnie Limmie.

*clang*

......................................*CLANG*

......................................................................*CLANG*

TAG: NO ONE.

[​IMG]

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Morning Headlines
    • Leagues suspends Kaat Stun (GK), Alyda Hovechar (MF) of Starkillers and Shady Lereoux (FF) of Smugglers for one game each without pay for participation in fistfight on field during last week’s game
    • Storm owner Wilrax Tunran IV declines challenge from Schnitt Polenta to play All-Star Game, citing advanced age of 81, limited mobility, and other health issues: "My doctor would kill me if I went out there for anything beyond the coin toss."
    • Rumors are circulating that Storm plan to nominate former head coach Marte Nalo and his son, Jedi apprentice Jado, for Challenge Team
    • Anonymous source: "The Storm and the Jedi Order are both concerned about security at the game, particularly the possibility of a terrorist attack as they expect Rosty Bassell to be awaiting execution at that time and thus the chance of his brother trying something could be quite high. If this rumor is true, it would place a Jedi with experience tracking the Bassells in the center of the stadium, from where he could quickly respond to any threat. It would also likely bring his Jedi friends Palla and Zay to the game, allowing them to add to the security."
    • Miners announces that Noble House of Trieste will be represented at the ELL All-Star Game, though will not confirm who they have submitted to the league, but states Falene Trieste will not be on Challenge Team
    TAG: galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn, Runjedirun and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Pamila Korthe
    Thyferra

It had been a back-and-forth affair between the Thyferra Force and the visiting Eriadu Thunder. Both teams had scrapped for every inch of turf at the beginning of the game, and that same style of play had continued on throughout the rest of the contest. Neither side wanted to give in, because a precious victory was at stake here. The Force had a 2-0 record coming in, but 3-0 sounded really nice, especially with the longer season that the LFL Commissioner had implemented in the offseason.

Rookie Callie Polarez had made her first career pro start in this game, and it hadn’t gone without notice by the Thunder defense. When they could, they worked to keep the draft pick off her game, bumping her and keeping her out of plays. It was a good strategy, Pam noted as she watched the game unfold. With Polarez’ hot hand riding the Force the prior week, now the Thunder were trying to prevent a similar fate from occurring here.

Of course, the rookie being covered allowed the rest of the offense to thrive more. No one benefited more from the move than veteran half forward Alex Renhorn, who found lots of room to roam in the Thunder defense while they were busy focusing on Polarez. She punched in an early goal, and then chipped in a pair of bar points before the half. Her younger sister Morgan, while not scoring, was moving the ball effectively through the zone and making the plays she needed to. It was a good team effort given how tight the Thunder defense was. Sometimes you just had to make do with what the other team would give you.

Finally the game was winding down, and it was all tied up at 12. The crowd got into things even more than they had already, smelling a 3-0 start to the season. This energized the Force offense, and when they got their shot to try and break the deadlock, they came out with a furious attack. Morgan passed it to Pella Lovenforth, who had scored a goal earlier. The former Mercs and Senators player then kicked it to Orrin Calcutt. The Kiffar was swarmed under by the defense, but found a way to pass it out to Alex. The veteran who had split time with the Force and Senators over the past few seasons pump faked, but the Thunder goalie didn’t give an inch. The fake exposed, Alex kicked the ball out to Callie. The rookie spun around, but her defender was still in her face. Undeterred, she tried a hop step, and this time it worked, giving her some degree of separation. She used this with a quick burst around the edge, and she broke contain. While the Thunder players scrambled to try and cover her, she passed it off to Orrin, who then passed it back as Callie got past another defender. The third-round pick then heaved up a lob pass. Somehow, if it was supposed to be a shot, it snuck over the bar for a late point, pushing the Force out to a lead.

And they never relinquished it. The defense stiffened at the right time, and the Force walked off with a close 13-12 win. They were now perfect on the season, which was nice. However, as Pam knew full-well, that wasn’t an excuse to sit on the laurels. Now they were the top team in the league standings, and would thus get every team’s best shot. The next few games would determine if her team was for real, or if they were just pretenders setting a pace for the better teams. Everything hinged on those games.

TAG: Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels and Trieste like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    • Starkillers' Roselli will be out for Week 4 game at Euceron with concussion
    • Commissioner arrives on Carratos: "Thrilled to be here."
    TAG: galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Runjedirun

Runjedirun likes this.
  22. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Ty Allin
    Trey was reasonable enough to recognize that we needed a day of rest after the loss to Nar Shadda. I wanted to spend the day with T.J. but running after him was too much after being plowed over on the field repeatedly the day before. Lucie left early in the morning to see her sister off to Ylesia, to rehearse with the dance team and to attend to some business at one of the theaters. After having breakfast with T.J. I took him to daycare, came home and relaxed on the sofa watching holos for most of the day. Lucie came home and cooked when she finished her own obligations. We ate a meal together before she ran to pick up our son. It was a nice way to spend the day off. The next day I felt ready to start preparing for the Storm.

When I arrived at the facility I noticed Alyada was sitting in her speeder. I went over to see how she was holding up. She reluctantly got out of the vehicle as I approached. She was wearing a dress. I had never seen her in anything besides warm-ups or a Limmie uniform. “What’s the occasion?” I asked.

She looked at her outfit, “I have a meeting with Mrs. Vigo. Coach Till suggested I make myself presentable,” she said in an almost grumble.

"You look great,” I told her and I meant it. Hovechar was small in size, but she was loud and rough as any other player on the field. She looked different today and not just because she was wearing a dress. She looked nervous. I put my arm around her and brought her in close, “The whole team is proud of you. Even if you weren’t the first to defend what happened to Roselli you were fighting for something you believed in. Stand tall in there,” I advised. “Knock ‘em dead.”

She laughed. “That’s what got me into this,” she reminded me. “I better get this over with. See you around,” she called as she made her way towards the stadium.

We didn’t spend time watching tape in practice. We had done too much of that the previous two weeks Trey had decided. Instead we needed to do more work on field. It looked as if Roselli wouldn’t be able to play this coming week due to concerns over a concussion she suffered after the hit by Lereoux. We were also missing the spunky young keeper who had made practice fun with her challenges and taunts during the end of last week. Stun’s fate would be left up to the league, as would Hovechar’s.

As a player and a leader it was my job to put those worries aside and prepare for the upcoming game. All morning we focused on perfecting plays that had been working so far this season. As I headed off the field for midday meal and break Trey pulled me aside. “I need you to talk to Fortune,” he said.

"Oh, no,” I replied. “I’m on the defensive side of the field remember, Fortune is Jul’s concern.”

“I thought you all were close,” Trey commented.

“Sometimes,” I conceded. “He’s just so serious about his game. He didn’t score a point last week. I imagine he’s not in the best of moods right now.”

“That’s why I need you to talk to him. You’ll find a way to break through to him,” Trey said full of confidence. “Besides if I was able to call my brother last night you should be able to talk to Fortune.”

“You called your brother?” I asked surprised.

“I had to do something to get my mind off the probability that we’ll be losing Hovechar this week,” he said with a shrug. “And if I speak to Noah maybe he can shed some light on the Stun situation,” he confessed. “He’s played with her and he should know if we have a problem or if this was a one-time thing.”

“Sneaky,” I said smiling. “What was it like to speak to your brother again? Are you okay?”

“I’m good, it was good. He apologized, I apologized. Once the season is over we’ll get together in person. I sent Noah a message congratulating him on three straight wins. Letting him know I’m here to offer advice if he needs it. I noticed I got a reply just a few minutes ago,” he said getting excited. “Didn’t even realize I missed my family, I have you to thank for getting me to reach out. That’s why I need you to talk to Fortune. We need his points.”

“Okay,” I said surrendering. I spent lunch with the defense though. It was an all-male crew without Roselli or Stun. We all admitted that we had turned on HSN for coverage of the “Kaat fight”. Once we exhausted that subject we came up with a plan to have Poletin play keeper this week. He had played the position several years back with success. Sosar Drif could play center half and Zire would be in for Roselli at right half. We presented the plan to Trey and coach Zan after break. We also told them we were fully behind bringing Kaat back into the goal as soon as possible.

Coach Zan let it slip that wouldn’t be this week for sure. I guessed the league had made a decision to suspend her. Trey spoke up to say he needed to evaluate her situation, but he would take our support for her into consideration when he made a final decision. Afternoon practice went by quickly. We did some drills with the offense, practiced tackles and got Poletin in the goal box.

After practice Alyada entered the locker room. Still dressed up, perhaps she had been meeting with Mrs. Vigo all that time. She gave a loud whistle by placing her fingers in her mouth to get everyone’s attention. That was the Alyada I knew, the tough little Limmie player. Once we were all relatively quiet she stood up on a bench so she could be seen. Some beings were still on eye level with her, but she was now taller than most of us.

“I wanted to apologize to everyone for getting involved in the scuffle two days ago. I’m very thankful Ty pulled me out of there before I got hurt; before I was left too injured to play for the rest of the season. As it is I have cost this team by earning a suspension this week.” There was a silence while we took some time to react. I wasn’t surprised, disappointed for sure, but not surprised. Going to Euceron without our best midfielder was going to prove to be challenging. “I’ll be back for conference play, and I’ll be more than ready to take on the Monarchs in two weeks,” she promised.

Several of us cheered for her as she stepped down off of the bench. I was clapping when I saw Andres stand up and approach her. “You should apologize to my step daughter,” he said loudly. “She punched her little brother this morning. When I asked her what provoked her behavior she smiled proudly and told me she was just like Alyada Hovechar. She idolizes you Alyada, so do a lot of little girls on this planet, probably throughout this galaxy. Our little girl had to be disciplined this morning for acting like her idol,” he boomed as he thrust a finger into Alyada’s chest.

Quickly I leaped over a bench between myself and Andres. “Back off man,” I said as I grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him away from Alyada. I remembered Trey’s words from earlier and decided that now was as good as time as any to talk to Andres. I led him out of the locker room and down the empty hall to a secluded place where we could talk. Once we stopped walking we both stood there staring at each other for a while. He looked so tired, almost as if he would fall asleep on his feet any moment. “You okay?” I asked, lost for words.

“Fine,” he answered. “Long day,” he continued. “I’ll make sure and let Alyada know I overreacted,” he started to head back toward the locker room.

“Andres,” I called after him. “We need to talk.”

“About what?” He hollered back. “I need to pick up Zoey and Marty, make them dinner. Can this wait until tomorrow?”

It hit me all at once. Andres was taking on too much. “We need to talk now,” I said approaching him. “Are you watching those kids by yourself while Justyne is away this week?”

“It’s not much more than I usually take on,” he said brushing off my concern.

“You can’t be up all night with a baby and play Limmie full time,” I began. He opened his mouth to try and explain, but I opened mine faster. “I have a young son too. He just turned a year and he still wakes Lucie almost nightly for some reason or another. Your son is smaller, up two or three times, some nights are sleepless I bet. Look if your wife isn’t willing to help out you need to hire someone to help or leave the kids with Mrs. Vigo whenever possible. Especially the baby,” I added.

“He’s my son,” Andres argued. “I should be the one to care for him.”

"And you can,” I assured him. “Just as soon as the season is over you can be a full time dad again. You want the season to last more than 7 more weeks, right?” He nodded. “The only way this team can get wins again is if you are putting points up for us. If you need this week I can arrange for Lucie to help you out,” I offered.

Me and my big mouth, after discussing the situation with Lucie and Mrs. Vigo it was decided that Lucie would take T.J. to her mother’s and the two of them would watch all three children. Andres and I could visit for dinner. It wasn’t the best of situations; I missed my wife and son. I had gotten used to the chaos created by a knee high walker. Not to mention how lonely I felt in my large bed that night. I got a lot more sleep than I had gotten in the year since T.J. had been born. I felt more energetic than ever when I awoke the next morning and noticed some of the spring had returned to Andres step as well when I arrived at practice.

Trey opened our morning meeting with an announcement that Kaat Stun would be suspended from all team activities this week. As of now he planned to bring her back after our game against the Storm, possibly even start again when we played the Monarchs. He didn’t say it, but we all knew he was sending a message to her. He hated to lose a player unnecessarily and he was going to do anything he could to make sure it didn’t happen again.

Alyada would be allowed to practice at the facility, but not with the team. She would be doing her own assigned workouts with either himself or coach Zan at all times. She would also not travel to Euceron and would return to team workouts when we returned. Roselli would return to practice as soon as team doctors permitted. We were all forced to listen to a stern lecture about what type of behavior was allowed on field. Practice started late and ended late. I didn’t get to have dinner with my son and wife. Andres and I missed dinner every night that week. On defense we were working with a different lineup and had lots to cover before boarding the shuttle to Euceron. The offense had struggled in two of our first three games and were also making some adjustments.

We did get away to catch Tomas in a Limmie game close to the end of the week. Tomas played a solid game, but his team lost. After the game we all discussed the circumstances that were surrounding the upcoming all-star game. Neither Andres nor I expected a starting position, but Tomas had been planning to play. Since that decision had been made two developments had occurred. First Schnitt Polenta, owner of the Carratos Pirates had challenged all the owners to play and second of all there had been rumors of a possible terrorist attack at the game. His mother had a solution for both situations. Both of the decisions had been very difficult for her though. It was hard to pass up on a challenge especially one that could bring in $10,000.00 for the charity that honored her husband’s death. Starkiller Strong was meant to prevent further meaningless loss of life due to violence. However in the process of convincing Tomas to play Mrs. Vigo had suggested he invite Cliff, the boy he had met at the youth program I volunteered at over the off-season. Cliff was a great representative from the planet of Ralltiir to portray our fanbase. His family had never even been able to afford to attend a game at Bankers Mansion. Bringing someone like him, especially a youth would bring promise to other children and the planet as a whole that good things could happen to anyone.

Once Tomas had known Cliff was coming with him he had been looking forward to the game. His mother wasn’t about to disappoint the boys so she swallowed her pride and left the challenge to the other owners. As for the issue of a possible terrorist attack, Mrs. Vigo did the only thing she could. She planned to send the best body guards to watch over Tomas and Cliff while they were at the All Star Game.

Without having reason to shave all week Andres and I had begun to grow beards. Jeffers joined us and we came up with a justification for our laziness. If anyone asked why we hadn’t bothered to shave we explained it was for Starkiller Strong. Awareness of a charity that affected mostly men, men were more likely than women to carry or become victims of blasterfire according to reports we were able to find. We decided the growing of our facial hair should last one month and started calling it No Shave Month.

Lucie decided she had missed me too much and surprised me by coming home the final evening before we left for Euceron. By this time I had already determined that I could never grow a beard like Fortune or Jeffers and had actually taken the time to carefully trim what I had into a goatee.

[​IMG]

I was studying our playbook when Lucie came in. I looked up to tell her how happy I was to see her and was met with an immediate objection. “What is on your face?” She asked as if repulsed.

“Um, hair,” I responded.

“Well I can see that. Who gave you permission to grow hair on your face?”

“I didn’t know I needed permission, besides its No Shave Month.”

“Doesn’t say that on my calendar,” Lucie said as she made a point to pull out her data pad and pull up something.

“It’s for charity,” I started to explain.

“What charity? I’ll send them a wire of funds right now and you can shave.” She declared as if that would solve the world’s problems.

“Well it’s supposed to be for Starkiller Strong. Andres, Jeffers and I came up with the idea. This way when reporters ask why we are growing out our facial hair we can spread awareness for the charity to honor your father.”

She was looking at me angrily, eyes like daggers. I gave in and broke down in laughter.

“What’s so funny?” She demanded.

“Well if you think this is bad; just wait until your sister sees Andres.” I said not bothering to control my laughter.

“Why, what’s going on with Andres?”

“His facial hair grew in quick, that’s what,” I explained. “Full beard appeared within 2 days.”

“I don’t know if that will upset my sister or not, besides that’s not the issue here. We are discussing the hair under your nose,” she got close to me and touched it. “And on your chin,” she continued as she traced my goatee. “I promised myself a long time ago I’d never kiss a guy who wasn’t clean shaven.”

“That was a long time ago,” I said trapping herself in her own words. “Besides a professional Limmie player like me needs some hair under his nose. It acts as a filter”

“Filter? What do you need a filter for?”

"Believe me if you had to be in a locker room with a Whipid after he farts you would grow hair under your nose too.”

“So this is Dev’s fault?” She said in disbelief with a roll of her eyes.

“Whipid, Talz, Wookiee, Human take your pick honey they all fart and it all stinks.”

“I should have stayed at my mom’s, before I had to board a shuttle full of stinky Limmie players,” Lucie said as she walked behind me. Suddenly I felt the foot of a dancer’s powerful kick hit my backside.

I turned around and pulled her close. “You couldn’t get this at your mom’s,” I said as I pulled her in for a kiss.

The next morning Mrs. Vigo brought T.J. over for a while before we had to leave for Euceron. He was fascinated with the goatee, every time my face got close to him he reached out to touch it. All too soon Lucie and I had to leave. The flight was long and boring. Trey insisted on having the dancers in a separate section of the shuttle which really didn’t make much sense in my case. I was married to Lucie did he really think I could stop thinking about the woman I had shared my bed with last night.

Roselli was cleared to travel with us and it was nice to have at least one less empty spot at the team dinner the night before the game. As per our normal travel routine we all went straight back to our rooms after the meal. I shared with Jeffers. It wasn’t the normal set up for a rookie to room with a captain, but we were the only male humans on the defensive roster. We watched a comedy on the holo and drank the bottled spring water we had brought from Ralltiir. I would have much rather indulged in fizz and chips, but we had a game tomorrow. You could never be too careful with your stomach the day before a game.

The following afternoon we took the field at Euceron Stadium. After warm-ups I elected myself to address the team, not just the defense. Trey wasn’t surprised. “I knew you would make a good captain,” he said giving me a pat on the back when I asked for permission.

“Remember that team from Ralltiir that steamrolled the league last year?” I began once everyone was assembled in the locker room. “The team that won 8 games, today we remind the Galaxy that team still exists. When we leave here today the Storm will have a loss on their record.” I declared. “Run up the score Jul, I know you can help her Fortune and Sureysh remind us why you earned a start this season. You too Stommer, show us how you won that Championship in college last year. Frokabukk and Tory you are vets you don’t have to prove yourselves but remind us what you’re made of. Klick and Kong,” I said naming our starting midfielders. “Show us what you learned playing together on Tatooine in ’76. My defenders, you know who you are. We play for Roselli today, Stun and Hovechar, don’t make their sacrifice be for not.”

I stepped forward and placed my right hand into the middle of the room. Everyone followed suit and we all called out the name of our franchise in unison.

Schnitt Polenta,

It is with deep regret that I am unable to accept your challenge to play in the All Star game this season. Before you announced the opportunity I had already promised my youngest son and a friend he met while helping out at a Youth Limmie program for less fortunate children and teens on our planet. I cannot go back on my word and pull either of them from the game. Since I am unable to attend the game I have included a wire of $10,000.00 for you to donate to a charity of your choice. This is a private decision I have made to help others less fortunate than I. Please do not leak the donation to the press.

Sincerely,

Madelyne Vigo

Ralltiir Starkillers Franchise Owner
    Cambrielle, Ralltiir

Here’s a quick re-cap of the Starkillers starting line-up for this week so I don’t have to change the library thread as it will change up again once suspensions are lifted next week. Offense remains the same.

Goalkeeper: Goalkeeper: Dev Poletin (Whipd Male)
    Right Corner Back: Lou Jeffers (Human Male)
    Full Back: Ty Allin (Human, Male) Corellia)
    Left Corner Back: Bo’gruth (Aqualish, Male)
    Right Half Back: Bengi Zire (Talz, Male)
    Center Half Back: Sosar Drif (Arcona, Male)
    Left Half Back: Harc Sichi (Ishi Tib, Male)
    Midfielder: Zarene Klick (Kaminoan, Female)
    Midfielder: Lyle Kong (Human, Male)

Tags: jcgoble3 galactic-vagabond422

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Christine Gamble
    Shuttle

Christine couldn’t sleep that night. For some reason, no matter how many times she rolled over in her hammock to try and sleep, she couldn’t fall asleep. The team had a game the next day against the Carratos Pirates, a team from a seemingly-nowhere world. She had no real idea what to expect when they got there; all she knew was that there were lots of pirates and crime there. Other than that, it wasn’t a place she wanted to vacation at from what she had heard.

Finally she got out of her hammock and made her way into the field portion of the shuttle. She grabbed a bolo-ball off the rack and then squeezed it between her hands. The ball offered solid resistance, just as she liked it. She didn’t want the ball to pop, but instead be her foil, and maybe help her calm her mind. For some reason she couldn’t sleep because she couldn’t stop thinking. Something felt out of place; she didn’t know what, exactly, but something seemed wrong. As she felt the rotation of the ball’s surface between her fingers, it reminded her why she loved the game, but that it also brought up new questions. And that was her problem, too many queries, not enough answers.

For the first time in forever, she was with a team that had a pulse. They had won their last two games, including a blowout win over Agamar the prior week, and were sitting on top of the Solo Conference standings. There was a sliver of hope for Coruscant Limmie fans coming into the last week of nonconference play. Their team had something going for them for the first time since 275, a season Christine distinctly remembered for not ending well. That had been her rookie year, when Jerek Deter had played his way off the team and Alysha Romax’s tenure as Senator captain started to get rocky before a disastrous ending in the 276 season.

And that was what bugged her about this. She knew she should be happy about winning consecutive games for the first time since ’75. No other team in the league had suffered as greatly as the Senators over the past few seasons, both with personnel issues and on-field performance. Winning for once had felt good when the final horn blared on Ylesia. She had felt vindicated, all her hard work finally paying off with that elusive win that just seemed to never want to come. And then they followed that up with a dominating win against the Packers at home. There was reason to be optimistic here. But there was also a sense of creeping doubt.

What if this was the end of the good luck streak? Could she take another long losing streak? The Senators historically had a bad record against new teams in the league; the most infamous in recent history was the loss to Ylesia in the 273 Galactic Cup Final. That game had ended the careers of the Senator greats of the ‘60s, the players who hadn’t let a few losses get in their way. Christine had heard all the stories; those players had gone through everything. Injuries, kidnapping by space pirates, the looming termination of the team in 270, the supposed death of their owner and head coach in 272 . . . and yet they still stuck together and won games. The fourth-year corner doubted that Dirxx Horstse had many nights like this, unable to sleep because of how his career had gone. No, the Besalisk hadn’t experienced this. He and his teammates had always prevailed; they had two Cup titles to prove it.

This was the point in the season where Christine knew her team was truly going to be tested. The critics had said that the past two wins were cakewalks against weaker Skywalker Conference teams. Christine didn’t believe any word of that, as all Elite League games were tough. She had found that out the hard way in 277, when wins never materialized and seemingly never would again. ‘”They’re not good enough to keep with Mandalore, and don’t have a prayer against Nar Shaddaa. The Miners? Guarantee a win on Truce Day for the home team. Ralltiir’s going to walk all over the Senators. Count on it.” That was all Christine heard from the media. They hadn’t won a signature game, it was argued. And every game from here on out was going to get tougher because they had those two wins already. Carratos was going to be coming for them this week. Hapes wanted its shot again after blowing out the Senators the season prior. The rest of the Solo had become accustomed to beating up on her team, and would always bring it even to the point of running up the score. The Skywalker Conference said they had the better fans, but Christine knew deep down that they didn’t have the competition. The Solo was far superior in that regard because there were no off-years taken by the power teams. The Miners and Starkillers were always running out ahead of everyone else, the Monarchs had their defense figured out and seemed poised to make a turnaround. Hapes had everything to prove, and Kuat had outlasted Ylesia for their first win behind the spectacular plays of their rookies and players who weren’t household names yet. The Skywalker Conference didn’t have that. And the Senators would have to run through that gauntlet to make the playoffs, or even to make an impression on Limmie fans around the galaxy.

And then there was the issue of her contract. It was expiring at the end of the year, and while she wanted to return to Coruscant, there would be other possibilities out there. No doubt the Mercs would love to add her; she had the kind of fire they liked, and plus her college was a major benefactor with the bucketheads. The Starkillers seemed to constantly revamp on defense, and there were rumors that she could have been shipped there in a draft-day deal. The Smugglers would like her attitude. The new teams in the league, the Pirates and the Triforce, wouldn’t think twice of adding her most likely if the price was right. She was a veteran talent, one that had plenty of upside remaining but had a few minor bumps along the road. A large contract was coming her way, but where would it come from was the major question here. If she played well enough this season to prove to Gark S’rily and the rest of the front office that she was a franchise player, then she would likely play here until she retired. But what if this season was a flop? Would S’rily roll the dice and see if he could lowball her into a new contract at a reduced rate? What would she fetch in free agency anyways? Everything hinged on how her team did here in the stretch run of the season. With the losing streak now out of the way, it was time to put up or shut up. The Senators had a lot of young pieces and expiring contracts. If this team fell apart, they could easily be demolished, and the rebuilding process could go on as usual. But if they won, if she helped lead them to victory, this might be the nucleus of a budding contender. Now it was time to see what mettle this team had.

What kind of shot would Carratos take here? She had watched the film of their first three games, but they were still an unknown. Could she take on their team captain at the right corner? Did he have something up his sleeve that she could have no knowledge of? The advantage rested with the Pirates not just because of the home field advantage, but also because they were too new. And that made them dangerous, very dangerous.

Finally she was able to fall asleep in her hammock, but only after trying to excise the thoughts in her mind. Could she keep this team together if they started to lose games again? They, especially the rookies, were excited for the possibilities of a resurgent Senators squad. But the captain had been to the bottom of the chasm, the darkest place a Limmie player could ever find themselves in, and wondered if that enthusiasm could weather a major blow. Because the Pirates were going to bring it. The only question was if the Senators could respond. And that all started with the player with the 'C' on the chest of her uniform.

Because it was time that she had to be what she must, not what she necessarily wanted.

Goss-Pell Memorial Stadium

Christine pulled her socks on slowly, and then tied her cleats in a deliberate manner. She could already hear the rumblings of the crowd, one that as usual would be very hostile to her team. That was the issue of being the Senators; virtually everyone hated you even if you hadn’t done anything to make them hate you. Only in Limmie could you still hate a team that had gone winless in its last campaign and be blown out in almost every match. She blamed the 60s teams for that, because now she had to live up to their expectations. And that was a very tall order.

They said you had to fail before you could ever achieve something monumental. Christine had certainly failed enough. She had been through a winless season, had the 276 season taken from her with that Torn MCL, lost the 275 season’s hot start because her teammates couldn’t get it together. Those Senators had been on the heels of the greats, and they hadn’t passed the test to see if they could reload instead of rebuild. Well that notion was gone; the rebuild was in full force, and now she was at the helm. What would her legacy be? The captain who despite the long odds succeeded, or the one who folded under pressure? That was the question in the back of her mind as she looked to Coach Peet Carelle for his pre-game speech.

The gameplan was simple; play Senators Limmie. They had blown out Agamar with a relentless aerial attack, the trademark of the Four Around spread look that Polis Vayne brought to the team. Vayne had been named to the Hall of Fame because of his performance in that system, and now it was time to continue its legacy in the annals of the black and orange. It required good passing skills from all forwards, along with the ‘field general’, whose ball handling skills had to be exemplary and whose passing had to be extraordinary. Lokesh Fil’ish had done that for Vayne when they were playing in those glory days, and now it rested on the shoulders of Vail Pin, the corner forward who had been taken in the second round of the 275 Draft that was now known to Senators fans as potentially their best Draft ever. Because they had not only netted the Shistavenen, but also their current team captain. In less than four years, both Vail and Christine had taken their lumps but were still standing here trying to make a difference.

“We don’t know exactly what to expect from the Pirates,” Carelle said. “But if we play our game, then they’ll have to make adjustments. That means making excellent passes as always, and bullying them around in their defensive zone.” Since the Pirates had some major muscle in their back line like the Packers the week before, the Senators were going to rely on their passing along with the slight edge in speed to try and force the issue on the home team.

On defense, it was paramount, Carelle made clear, that Logan Manx was not to burn the defense. The human said that directly to the full backs Ugdulo Borr and Deluxx. The Chevin Borr was going to start once again, but he had struggled some in the past three weeks and it looked like the rookie Weequay might get more playing time if Manx was open too often. Christine had drawn Rime Arezzo, the Pirates’ team captain. It was going to be a battle of the captains at the right corner, and Carelle said that if Arezzo didn’t look to score, which seemed to be the case on the film, then Christine might cheat over to help on Manx. The captain didn’t particularly like the idea of leaving a team captain alone on a field to help create a trap for a known scorer, but such was the way of the game. If the full backs struggled, she would have to step in as the best defender the Senators had. Jenna Leed, their best half back, shifted back to Right Half to cover Cavanagh, leaving Patricia Meter to play Center Half again after a week away. Carelle and his defensive coordinator Rosa Berant were taking no chances here; they were going to play their strengths if at all possible against an unknown like this. The other Pirate forwards were going to have to beat them today, Carelle noted.

When Christine got onto the field, she knew that this wasn’t going to be easy. The stands were full of loud fans, wanting to see their team win another home game. And the pressure was on doubly so because the Commissioner of the Elite League was here. He wasn’t attending a Senators home game, as he had obviously been disappointed the prior season in his visit, and this was their only chance to prove to him that last year was just a fluke. As Christine stared down Arezzo, she knew that a lot was riding on this game.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Trieste (for the Commissioner)

24. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009

Shield Towers, O’pahz, Carratos

Geoff walked in to his apartment and was greeted by a pink bolo-ball to the chest. He was knocked back a little because, one he was not expecting a ball that he just bought for his daughter to strike him, and two he was a little bit drunk from drinking with Bara. Iris stood in front of him with a face of shock and terror. He picked up the orb and rubbed his chest.

“That hit me pretty hard little girl, didn’t mommy tell you not to play in the house?” Geoff said kneeling down. Iris looked at the ground, silent. “Where’s mommy?” The child pointed down the hallway.

“With Ira,” she said. He tucked the sphere under his arm and walked to the door for his daughters’ room. He knocked lightly then entered. He saw his wife kneeling next to a low table, Ira by her side.

“Whatya’ doin’ babe,” Geoff said standing in the doorway. Laura turned her head, ponytail swaying with the movement.

“Playing with Ira, this kit is amazing the projects give the basics of electrical and mechanical engineering, problem solving, critical thinking, and a lot of other important skills.” Laura said eyes glowing. She seemed to enjoy the kit more that Ira. Laura returned her attention to the collection of gears, pulleys, and small motors. Geoff looked down at Iris,

“Want to help me make dinner?” the little girl nodded her head. Father and daughter made cooked noodles in red sauce with ground nerf. Geoff knew this would make a mess but, he thought now would be a good time for his girls to learn how to eat tricky foods. After dinner Laura and Ira returned to their project and Geoff and Iris watched the footage of the Bakura game. Iris’ head began to droop towards the end of the game. Geoff picked her up after watching his Pirates lose again and went to put her to bed. Laura had already tucked in Ira when Geoff arrived with Iris. He quietly laid her down and kissed her goodnight.

“You have fun today?” Laura asked lying next to her husband in bed.

“Yeah, I had fun with the girls and then Schnitt decided to challenge all the owners to join him in the All-Star Game.”

“Did he honestly think anyone was going to take him up on his challenge? He mentioned three heads of state, a mayor, and an 81 year old man, was he serious when he challenged these people?”

“I’m not sure what Schnitt was thinking but, it was never my decision to make.”

“And poor Bara he looked like his shirt was made out of snakes.”

“I wanted to talk with him first but, there was no time. I did share a drink with him and we worked it out”

“Wait, you drank with Bara and you’re still standing?”

“Well I am a little tipsy.” They rolled onto their sides and looked at each other.

“Think you can beat the Senators this week?” She asked

“Well if we practice hard and get luck on our side anything can happen.” He replied

Goss-Pell Memorial Stadium, O’pahz, Carratos
    A few hours before the arrival of Commissioner Lokensgaard

Schnitt adjusted his pocket square for the fifth time then centered his tie. He had combed his coarse white hair back and kept his antennapalps hidden. He checked his cuffs and straightened his jacket. He stared into the mirror for a few seconds not admiring himself but, searching for flaws. He wanted everything to be perfect for the commissioner’s arrival, even himself. He walked out of his office and turned to his secretary, Syrnola Kariz’e.

“Do I look perfect?” He asked. She turned in her chair then stood up. She brushed a hair off his shoulder and adjusted his cufflinks.

“As perfect as you can be with that ugly face.” Schnitt sighed

“That will have to do I guess.”

“I don’t know why you’re so worried about this Lokensgaard guy, boss, you’ve stared down swoop gangs and negotiated with the Star Dragons.” Syrnola had been with Schnitt since he first set up shop as a bookmaker in the back of Mac’s Bar. She was his right hand and back in his more illegal days his enforcer. Schnitt never enjoyed that part of the business but, some legs needed to be broken and, when debts were in the rears he sent Syrnola to collect them. He had two rules, no families and no killing. Syrnola seemed content to follow those rules and together they rose through the criminal hierarchy. Eventually they started rubbing elbows with the main shotcallers on Carratos but, things were changing. Several crime lords opened up casinos, originally as fronts for their enterprises but, they found that they could be very profitable. This led many to go completely legal in their business practices. Schnitt saw an opportunity. The kingpins had loads of clean money and nothing to spend it on, and what requires a lot of startup capital but, produces a tangible profit, a limmie team. Schnitt didn’t want this to be a vanity project. He could change the lives of ordinary people on this planet. That’s why all the players on the team except for Rime and Vayan were from Carratos. He also made sure that no dirty money was used to fund the team. The people needed something clean, untouched by the corruption that infects this place. That’s why allegations of bribery got to him. The Pirates represent what Carratos could be, a player on the galactic stage and, to achieve that victory with the same methods that gave the planet its reputation was unacceptable. The datapad on Syrnola’s desk chirps. She picks it up and reads the screen.

“You have a personal message from Madelyn Vigo.” She said looking over the pad.

“Let me see.” He accepted the datapad and read the message. His face soured.

“What’s it boss?” The twi’lek asked. Schintt sighed

“One more owner declined my challenge and this was one I thought would take me up on it.”

“Well I thought challenging an 81 year old human man to play limmie was a bit farfetched.”

“I never expected Tunran to play or the Kuat of Kuat or the Queen Mother but, I thought Vigo would play as well as Trieste.”

“Doesn’t that save you like 50,000 credits right there?”

“Money isn’t the issue here, the issue is seeing if the other owners respect me or not. Heads of state don’t waste their time with ex-officio positions except, maybe the Mado’ade since I directly challenge him. I wanted to see who would take up my challenge. That shows that they’re okay with who I am and are willing to risk bad press to be seen accepting money from me.”

“Yeah, and how’s that going for ya’”

“So far no one has accepted my challenge but, they all have good reasons, so I can’t fault them. Vigo even sent 10,000 credits to a charity of my choosing.”

“So who gets that money?”

“I would like to keep the money for Carratos but, they debuted Starkiller Strong at their home opener against us so I have to send it there.”

“You got a big heart boss,”

“Yes I do. Also I don’t have any political capital in the league so any points I can score with another owner is helpful. Oh, she also asks that we keep the money thing confidential.” Syrnola nodded her head

“Lips sealed boss.” He checked his tie,

“You know you don’t have to call me boss, now we’re legitimate business beings now. You can call me Schnitt or Mr. Polenta.”

“I’ve always called you boss. I see no reason to stop now.”

“Well it does keep things professional. I shudder to think what would happen if that ever changed.”

“I’d punch you in the face, after all these years you still think you’re my type.”

“A Balosar can hope.”

“Ha, never in a million years, I prefer my men blue with lekku.”

“Specist”

“Blowhard” she adjusted his pocket square. “Now, don’t you have a commissioner to meet.”

“You’re right, make sure to call Flack at the Republic Grand Casino and setup the VIP treatment for Lokensgaard, I’m talkin’ nice room, line of credit in the casino, tickets to a show, everything and tell Flack that he’s picking up the tab. If he raises a fuss ask him who forgave his debts after a particularly unlucky game.” Schintt smiled, some days it was good to be a criminal.

In the hovercar on the way to the spaceport Schnitt composed his response to Mrs. Vigo,

Madelyn Vigo

I understand and completely agree with your decision. Family and children are very important. I want you to know that my heart goes out to you and your family during this trying time and to show my support I am giving the credits you sent me along with 5,000 of my own to Starkiller Strong. I know this money will not replace the loss of your husband but, if it can prevent another tragedy from happening then I will have done a small part to help your home.

Sincerely

Schintt Polenta

Carratos Pirates Franchise Owner
    O’pahz, Carratos
    TAG: Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Trieste

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Morning Headlines

• Commissioner Lokensgaard announces 278 All-Star Game will be held on Carratos at Gross-Pell Memorial Stadium
    • Lokensgaard: "I'm very excited to give the entire League the opportunity to experience this environment and to get to know one of our newest markets"
    • Commissioner added that fans who travel will have the opportunity to enjoy the local pleasures of Carratos during their stay
    TAG: galactic-vagabond422

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.