main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Christine Gamble
    Mandalore

Christine flexed her knee a few times in the locker room before joining her team in the tunnel headed out to the field. No pain accompanied the flexing, and she smiled. It looked like the rehab process had worked out pretty well, and she would be starting today. Yes it meant bumping rookie Kelly Vurgess back to the bench, but there was no doubt that the Hapan would be starting somewhere by the next season. As a defensive back and capable of playing all over, Vurgess would get her chance. If Christine could help it, that chance wouldn’t come as a starting right corner back. That was the former captain’s job to lose.

It felt good to prepare for a game instead of sitting around moping about the injury. After tearing her MCL several seasons earlier, she had told herself to get in better physical shape. So she had worked her ass off, and it looked like things had been paying off. Then she had three weeks off with the sprained knee, and she remembered how much she hated sitting on the sidelines instead of playing. It motivated her to keep working. She didn’t want to experience that ever again.

“Ready to go, old girl?” Ava Killenger asked as she waited.

“I’m not old,” Christine retorted. “I may look a little older due to the time spent on the bench, but I’m not exactly going to start playing old-person games and sit around watching soap operas on the Holo. I’ve got a lot of career left to play, at least I hope, and that starts today. Gonna make this place thunder with my play.”

“You’d better. We need you out there on Arock.”

“I’ll do my best,” Christine said.

“It’s gotta feel weird to not be captain today,” Ava said as they left the locker room and rejoined the team.

“Nah, I don’t feel all that pressure anymore. It should make things easier, really. I put in my best play when I wasn’t captain,” Christine said. It was pretty much true.

Playing on Mandalore was never a good place to get back up to speed. Maybe it was just the gravity of the conference standings, maybe it was the crowd noise, maybe it was that the Mercs were just that good, maybe a combination of all three, Christine wasn’t sure. But what she did know was that this was a must-win. The Senators needed the victory here. They had lost four straight to the Mercs, and now it was time to turn the tables.

When the defense broke off from the main huddle, Christine caught Klay Mettews shooting a long look back to the sidelines. Obviously he was eyeing Sutton Millard, the reserve corner back. “Ogling your girlfriend, rookie?” Christine asked.

“Um . . . maybe, what’s it to you?” the fiery rookie asked.

“Look, kid, just focus on the game ahead, OK?” Christine said. “You can make out in the equipment room with Millard after we’re done winning this game.”

“What? Never would dream of it.”

“We all know you did, Mettews. We all know,” Christine said.

“Fine, but it doesn’t matter. I’m here to play, and to win.”

“And to win the heart of your lady friend over there,” Christine said, jerking her thumb in Millard’s direction to prove her point.

“What’s your beef with her?” Klay asked, flustered.

“Nothing. I just want to make sure that your head is here,” Christine said, jabbing her finger towards the rookie’s head, causing him to recoil, “and not over there,” she then finished, sticking her thumb back over to the sideline. “Look, rook, I know you and Millard have something going, and that’s great. But I don’t want you to let it get to your head. We have a game to win right now, and a season to continue. You can worry about what she thinks about you after the game, OK?”

“You’re the boss,” Mettews said, although he obviously didn’t like Christine singling him out here.

“That being said, you’ve hooked a good one,” Christine then said, quickly reversing course. “Not as good as me, obviously, but still pretty good.”

“I didn’t think I stood a chance of getting you.”

“You never know, rookie. There’s always enough Christine Gamble to go around,” Christine said, a sly smirk on her face. “Now make the Mercs eat turf like you’ve been doing all season. Who knows, maybe Millard is watching you and thinking you’re the greatest thing since sliced bread.”

“I thought I already was.”

“In your dreams, rook,” Christine said. “Happy hunting.” She ran to her spot on the field. Soon enough the game would start, and she would be back to Limmie. And it suited her just fine.

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • LFL Commissioner Marius Turnell announces that he is retiring, effective at the end of the current season, in order to spend more time with his wife and kids
    • Search is underway for Turnell's successor; according to an inside source, new commissioner is "likely" to be named at some point prior to the Futures Cup Final

I am now accepting draftees for the 281 ELL Draft. Ideally, you'd indicate your participation before Week 11 scores so you'd be deciding to join regardless of your draft potential, but you all know I'm pretty lenient on that. Still, the sooner the better! :D

280 ELL All-Star Game Ballot

Reminder: Don't vote for your own players! ;) Votes are due before the posting of Week 11 scores.

Skywalker Conference
    Head Coach (vote for 1)
    • Leota Avoy (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Geoff Copin (Carratos Pirates)
    • Reina Kether (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Ryi Kor'le (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Mylessa McCloud (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Quowisa (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    Goalkeeper (vote for 1)
    • Grorwaa (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Qazi Hameeduddin (Carratos Pirates)
    • Mij Katan (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Ziva Kender (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Jayla Leed (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Keline Socken (Chandrila Patriots)
    Defender(vote for 3)
    • Ugdulo Borr (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Tiffany Case (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Gorrika (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Girola Gundor (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Rhodri Gwy'nedd (Carratos Pirates)
    • Liss (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Tuvaash Mauntak (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Jerrod Nabak (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Ossk (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Rakcheen (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Mikia Sandin (Carratos Pirates)
    • Manta Se'o (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Kissy Suzuki (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Eponette Ternardiel (Carratos Pirates)
    • Alynn Tran (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Ike Tullo (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Zelena Wiles (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Ken Zetter (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Midfielder (vote for 1)
    • Mary Goodnight (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Argo Mor'kesh (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Pekt (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Marcus Teaic (Carratos Pirates)
    • Rikket Unhirst (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Erin Windreaver (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Forward(vote for 3)
    • Fu Arock (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Leigh Cavanagh (Carratos Pirates)
    • Grika (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Lorem Ipsum (Chandrila Patriots)
    • La'Bron Jaing (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Giacinta Johnson (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Avano Koobis (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Krad (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Shady Lerouex (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Wai Lin (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Lowbook (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Rene Matisse (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Kad Mereel (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Tendra Nalo (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Else Reppen (Carratos Pirates)
    • Sa'Akhuun (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Mick Steele (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Seiji Tan (Carratos Pirates)
    Solo Conference
    Head Coach (vote for 1)
    • Peet Carelle (Coruscant Senators)
    • Romo Crowley III (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Medgar Evars (Denon Demons)
    • Kyrill Lopaki (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Trey Till (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Gaeriel Valerii (Bakura Miners)
    Goalkeeper(vote for 1)
    • Lizbit Comstock (Bakura Miners)
    • Camille Montes (Coruscant Senators)
    • Oss'irh'cgood (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Kaat Stun (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Kasin Urdaaza (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Vare Wulf (Denon Demons)
    Defender(vote for 3)
    • Ty Allin (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Izez Danan (Denon Demonsn)
    • Christine Gamble (Coruscant Senators)
    • Aley Helios (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Zen Keisel (Coruscant Senators)
    • Klay Mettews (Coruscant Senators)
    • Kailee Mymtek (Denon Demons)
    • Fanal Ollai (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Horst Penn (Bakura Miners)
    • Liddy Powe (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Lena Roselli (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Shakha (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Noah Till (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Lisbeth Tobin (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Falene Trieste (Bakura Miners)
    • Sugnok Umanh (Denon Demons)
    • Nelly Wizmark (Bakura Miners)
    • Cora Xux (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    Midfielder(vote for 1)
    • Xander Darkrider (Denon Demons)
    • Alana Glencross (Bakura Miners)
    • Alyda Hovechar (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Alysha Romax (Coruscant Senators)
    • Kelsi Seter (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Prya Tiin (Ylesia Lightning)
    Forward(vote for 3)
    • Leia Adama (Coruscant Senators)
    • Maggie Adams (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Morgan Alesh (Bakura Miners)
    • Laura Cellen (Coruscant Senators)
    • Niskat Deenever (Bakura Miners)
    • Vicki Devine (Denon Demons)
    • Frokabukk (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Li Roy Jinkins (Denon Demons)
    • Sula Lek'ri (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Vesper Lynd (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Megan Meeks (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Zuzu Nuun (Coruscant Senators)
    • Nina Odette (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Gemma Sal-Solo (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Kara Suryesh (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Aryan Twig (Denon Demons)
    • Zoa Vra (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Gark Zonka (Bakura Miners)

And after all that, scores! Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

280 Week 10 Results
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Denon Demons (17-1)
    Bakura Miners at Ylesia Lightning (14-10)
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Carratos Pirates (26-8)
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (22-24)
    Coruscant Senators at Mando’ade Mercs (31-26)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Chandrila Patriots (15-22)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, on a cold and rainy, Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit, we're the Guardians of the Galactic Cup. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Big show on a commiseration Taungsday..."

"Yeah that was a tough loss, really tough loss."

"Especially since all the other teams we are fighting against for a playoff spot went on to win this weekend."

"Mercs have a tough road ahead, but we'll be getting to that in a bit. First up though, an update on Mij Katan's condition. Kitterich?"

"Mercs just announced that Katan has a sprained knee that occurred when his cleat caught in the soft turf and he is questionable for next week's season finale against Hapes."

"Thanks Kitterich. Ya know? I hate to say it but that's good news, the way it looked when he twisted that knee. I thought he would be missing a lot more time than that."

"So did I Randy, I figured the way he went down that he was looking at a ligament tear and surgery but this is the best possible news for Mercs fans going into the last week of the season."

"Well, best possible, but still not great. The Mercs and Sens were tied when the injury occurred late in the first half, and despite some really good offensive play to keep us in it, backup goaltender Sarah Connor just couldn't hold down the fort and the Mercs end up with a crushing loss."

"It hurts them, hurts them bad in terms of the playoffs. At least we got to see Jaing have another great game. Arock and Mereel played well too, as did our midefielders, but the defense...man they got scorched."

"They did, they did. Hadon had another rough game and of course Connor couldn't keep up either."

"I think if Katan doesn't get injured the Mercs win that game."

"Really? So you place the loss completely at Connor's feet?"

"Well, it's a team game, but yeah. She really has to take the brunt of the blame for this loss."

"And now the Mercs are 5-5 headed into the last game of the season, and on the outside of the playoffs looking in despite leading the league in offense."

"That's an overlooked statistic, and completely unexpected with Daryc retiring after winning the Cup last season."

"Goes to show what a talent La'Bron Jaing is, I know he has had his struggles, but if he doesn't win rookie of the year honors..."

"Well, you do have other rookies leading their teams to the playoffs Randy. And that's the name of the game."

"It's not Jaing's fault that the defense hasn't been able to hold a lead lately!"

"Team game..."

"But that's not a team award!"

"Wins are the most important statistic, to some the only statistic. We'll just have to wait and see what the voters think."

"Ya know guys," Kitterich piped up again. "The news isn't all bad. Despite the wins from all the other teams in the conference vying for a playoff spot, the Mercs still hold their own fate in their hands."

"Seriously? Out of the four teams trying to grab one of three spots they're in fourth right now aren't they?"

"Yup, but it is still win and they're in."

"How in the nine hells is that possible? Don't they need help?"

"Look at the schedule. Help is guaranteed. The Rangers and Patriots close out the schedule facing one another. One of them has to lose."

"So..."

"OK, I'll walk you through it. If the Mercs wins, and they have to in order to make the playoffs, they finish the season at 6-5, 3-2 in the conference."

"Following you so far."

"In the Patriots-Rangers match a Rangers win puts them at 7-4, 4-1."

"So the Rangers would be in..."

"And the Patriots out or at least behind the Mercs, with a with a 5-6, 2-3 record."

"OK, but what if the Patriots win?"

"They end the season with an identical record with the Mercs..."

"Assuming the Mercs win."

"Right, assuming the Mercs win, which they need to anyway to have a shot."

"OK."

"Right. So if the Patriots win, then the Rangers lose. They end up with a 6-5, 3-2 record as well."

"Tied with the Mercs and Patriots in that scenario."

"Yup, but the Rangers would lose the head to head tie breaker with both of those teams, putting the Mercs and Pats in the playoffs."

"OK, but what about that team from Nal Hutta's moon? Aren't they in the playoff picture too?"

"Yeah, but it is four teams vying for three spots. The Mercs only have to finish ahead of one team and if they win, they should be able to do that."

"Can we look at it anyway?"

"Sure. If they win, they finish up at what?"

"7-4, 3-2 in the conference. In the playoffs. Now, their conference record is set at 3-2 no matter what because they play out of conference this week."

"OK, so a loss puts them at 6-5, 3-2."

"Yup."

"So we could, could have a situation with all four teams at 6-5, 3-2."

"Oh wow. And one of those teams going home."

"Yes."

"What's the round robin head to head look like there?"

"Mercs went a combined 1-2 against those teams."

"Ugh."

"Smugglers and Pats both went 2-1 in that grouping."

"Oh no."

"And the Rangers went 1-2."

"Just like the Mercs."

"Yup, in fact the Mercs lone victory in the group of playoff contenders came against that Rangers team."

"So..."

"So I think at that point the Pats and Smugglers are in and we go to point differential to determine the last playoff spot despite the fact that the Mercs beat the Rangers during the regular season."

"Really? How's that looking?"

"Well as it stands now the Mercs point differential is actually tied for second best in the league at +38."

"Wow, really? With a 5-5 record?"

"They have won in some pretty big blowouts this season."

"OK, where are the Rangers?"

"7th in the league at minus 6."

"That has me feeling pretty good then."

"Remember too guys, for this to all work, the Mercs have to win, which means their point differential will be going even farther into positive territory."

"And...in this scenario, the four teams tied..."

"The Rangers would lose."

"Which sends their differential even farther down the minus column!"

"So we are back where we started, win and we're in for the Mercs. After a long, hard fought season the Mercs still have a chance at defending their first ever Cup title, it all comes down to one last game on Hapes."

"Going to be a tough one, but it should be exciting, and for the Mercs, the playoffs basically start next week. It's a must win game to close out the season, so make sure everyone tunes in and listens live right here on the fandalorian!"

TAG: Jedi Gunny

ooc: I think I got that all right with regards to the playoff positioning, but I could be wrong or easily overlooked something. If so blame Kitterich. :p

[​IMG]

Jedi Gunny, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Madelyne Till

The children really didn’t give me too much trouble. Marty was wild, but he was also adorable. His smile melted my heart. Zoey had decided she wanted to be a dancer just like her mother. She spent several hours a day in the dance studio practicing her moves. Louise had been a good baby from the start. She got up just once a night for a bottle now and always went back to sleep when she finished. It was Tomas who was making me lose my mind.

His Limmie team lost a game that knocked them out of the play-offs in his division. He wasn’t used to losing and he was not taking it well. Thirteen year old boys kept to themselves. Tomas was no exception. Shortly after the team left for Chandrilla Tomas disappeared into his room. I didn’t see much of him and I didn’t think much of it because I was so busy with the little ones. Until it was time to sit down and watch the game between the Starkillers and the Patriots.

Tomas hadn’t come out of his room all day. Teenagers liked their sleep so I hadn’t bothered to check on him, but it was late afternoon and I found it odd that he wasn’t coming down to watch the game with us. So I knocked on his bedroom door. When there was no answer I decided to peek in. Tomas was not in his room. Frantically I started searching the house and he was nowhere. I didn’t know if I should call law enforcement or his friend’s first. Before I could decide Zoey ran up to me with my data pad in her hands. “It’s for you Grandma,” she said handing me the device.

Bat was on the screen, “You looking for someone?” He asked.

“As a matter of a fact I am. Has Tomas contacted you?”

Bat flipped his data pad around to show me that Tomas was at his house. “He took public transport to get here. I told him he could stay for the game, if that’s alright with you. I’ll have Georgia bring him home when it’s over.”

Bat’s license had been suspended until his court date, at the least, which was coming up in less than a week. “Thanks for calling,” I told Bartholomew. “Let me speak to your brother.” Bat got up and roughly handed the data pad to Tomas. “You can stay, but only because there’s no other way around it now. When you get home there will be consequences. I can’t believe you took off. Didn’t you realize I would be worried?”

“I’m surprised you noticed,” Tomas said as if he didn’t care.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I asked. “Of course I noticed.”

“I just wanted to hang out with my brother. He knows what it’s like not being able to play Limmie right now. You got three kids to take care of at the house. It’s not like you’re going to miss me for a few hours.”

“Tomas I do miss you. Your brother made a poor decision and he’s paying for that mistake. You played a really good season, but things don’t always work out so you get to hold a championship trophy in the end. With your talent I know there will plenty of those in your future. It’s important your body get rest and that you are ready for try-outs when they come next fall. I can’t wait to see you play under the lights,” I was speaking of Tomas’ first season for the secondary school.

“Does that mean you are going to let me go to the public school? Or just play ball there?” He asked anxiously.

Tomas wanted to go to public school. He hated the academy. “We’ll discuss that with Coach when the season is over. Let’s hope that’s later, rather than sooner, okay?”

“Face it mom, this isn’t our year. I just hope that you and Coach don’t take that out on me and make me attend the Academy in the fall.”

“Tomas the game is about to start. I’d like to think we have a chance today. Have fun while you are at your bother’s because you’re in a heap of trouble when you get home.”

I shut off my data pad and headed to the living room with Zoey so we could watch the game. “Is it just us?” Zoey asked looking around as the ball was being kicked off.

“Your brother and Louise will be up from their naps before the game is over,” I replied.

“No I mean aren’t my cousins coming. I wanted to see baby Rah Rah.”

“Ezra,” I corrected Zoey. “But no your cousin is staying home with your aunt Lucie today. She is tired.”

“Oh,” Zoey said sounding disappointed. “Rah Rah, is cute. Will we get to see him again soon?”

This time I didn’t bother to correct Zoey. I actually thought her mispronunciation of the name was cute. “Very soon,” I promised as the Patriots began to drive the ball. Early on it looked as if Tomas was right. This wasn’t our season. The defense was getting beat and the offense just didn’t have any life. Trey called a long time out. So long the refs were on the sideline trying to get the Starkillers to take the field again. Trey said something to the head ref and I watched in horror as the ref threw him out of the game.

“What’s going on?” Zoey asked.

“Coach just got himself ejected,” I said turning the volume up so I could get an explanation.

“What’s ejected?”

“It means he did something inappropriate and he won’t be allowed back on the field to play or coach,” I explained.

“Looks like the Starkillers are finally headed back on the field,” the commentator was saying. “We’ll update you on what exactly Coach Till said to that ref as soon as we can. All we know is that the team needs a win here today to keep our play-off hopes alive. We’re down 10-0, we just took the longest time-out in the history of the game. My intern looked it up, so we know that and when the refs warned the Coach that his team needed to retake the field he went off on one of them and he’s been ejected from the game. Things couldn’t get much worse for us Starkiller fans this afternoon.”

Just then I heard Louise crying on the monitor. “Do you want me to turn this off?” I asked Zoey. “You can watch something else if you like,” I offered.

“No, I’m watching mommy.”

I felt bad, I had forgotten my daughter was in Chandrilla and on the holo. I ran off to fetch Louise. Marty was up too, when the three of us walked back in the room the Starkillers were celebrating a goal by Sureysh. The team fought back diligently. Frokabukk got two bar points, Yolanda scored her first goal in the big leagues and Sureysh got a bar point putting us within one by half time.

I set out some snacks for Marty and Zoey. Louise was just getting big enough for the swing and it was a relief she was content to sit in it while I took a call from Trey at the half. “I’m on the shuttle,” he said with a laugh.

“I don’t think it’s funny,” I said as if he were one of the children. “What did you say?”

“Words I don’t use in the house,” he said still smiling. “I told him my salary was higher than his for a reason. That I got to decide how long of a time out my team needed. He didn’t take it well.”

“The team is playing for you. Jeffers is filling in nicely on the left corner. Was this all a plan to motivate the players?”

“No way,” suddenly he got serious. “Maddie this game and this team means the Galaxy to me. I want to be out there more than you can imagine. It’s just, well I let my temper get away from me out there. There’s nothing I can do about that now. So I’m making the best of it,” he backed out the view to show himself in the shuttle with a fruit smoothie and his feet up in a recliner. “I’m proud of my team they are really fighting out there. I really hope they pull out a win.”

“Me too,” I said. “No matter what I love you.”

“I love you too,” he said as we signed off. The second half was an exciting back and forth battle. We were within four with several minutes left when a ball was coming fast at Ty Allin. A few years back he would have used his face to bat that ball out of our territory if necessary. Protectively he put his arm up and attempted to deflect the ball. He made contact, but his arm blocked his vision. A Patriot grabbed both of his feet and brought him to the ground hard. His head bounced on the turf.

Uncharacteristically Kaat ran out of the goal box to see if her fullback was okay. The Patriots took full advantage and scored on her. Ty lie motionless for a minute and time was called. I sat with my hands over my mouth. “Is uncle Ty okay?” I heard Zoey ask. But I was unable to answer.

Several trainers were surrounding him and we were unable to see what was going on. Then they cleared away and Kaat reached out her hand. Ty reached up to grab it and got to his feet. The crowd at Chandrilla applauded politely and the commentators could be heard sighing in relief. “It appears Ty Allin is going to be able to walk off the field on his own accord. We are getting word that he’s okay Ladies and Gentlebeings. Here comes rookie Corunno Non out to take his place.”

Non did his part to keep the Patriots from running up the score any higher, but our club was shook and we didn’t score any more points. The end score was 15-22. We had done everything we could, but it hadn’t been enough. Sometimes that was the way things worked out. Ty and Trey would be devastated when they got back. It would be up to me and Lucie to lift their spirits. Remind them that we had so much to look forward to in other aspects in life and that they would get another chance next season.

Our club had never left the planet and not come home, even for just a few days between games. Trey had been hoping to make these last two road games a new experience for players. He had hoped for a win in Chandrilla and to keep the momentum going he had planned to keep the team together as a family and arrange to practice in Rydonni Prime this week. There was no reason to go to those measures now. Our post season hopes were over and the shuttle was on it’s way back here to Ralltiir. I was busy getting Zoey and Tomas ready for school.

“I’m sorry about yesterday,” Tomas said for about the 100th time. As we headed towards the school.

“I don’t want to talk about it. I’ll pick you up from school and we go directly to the spaceport to meet the team. You can tell Coach about your decision to sneak out or I will. This isn’t going to help your case in our decision on which school you attend next year. You had better start following the rules or we won’t even discuss it. We’ll just send you to the Academy.”

“That’s not fair,” Tomas grumbled.

“I never said it was fair. Life isn’t fair. Coach is going to be preoccupied with making sure Ty gets proper medical care anyway. Plus he may be facing a fine for that incident with the ref on the sideline and even though we are out of play-off contention he still has a game to prepare for. You’ll probably get lucky, this whole incident will blow over. I’m the one who ends up with the short end of the stick on this deal,” I realized out loud.

“Ty got up and walked off the field. I thought he was fine. Who told you he needs medical care? Is it serious?”

Suddenly I realized that Ty had kept it a secret from mostly everyone about his memory black outs and doctors worries that someday he may suffer from severe dementia. They were doing all they could to reverse the process, but if he kept playing Limmie, if he kept risking further blows to the head they may not be able to reverse any of the damage. It may get worse. “It’s just precautionary,” I assured Tomas. “Anytime a player suffers an injury we like to do a thorough evaluation when they return home.”

“Da da home?” Marty called from the back seat. The toddler had pointed at the holo screen saying the word “Da da” over and over as we watched the second half of the Starkillers game the day before. Zoey had told her brother that his father wasn’t on our squad many times, but the toddler didn’t understand and in uniform from a distance any human male could look like his father.

“He left us, you idiot!” I heard Zoey tell Marty in the back seat.

“You’re right,” Tomas said rather cheerfully as we pulled up in front of the school. “Me sneaking out is going to blow over real easy. Thank goodness I live with such a messed up family.”

Before I could even ask Tomas to walk Zoey to class he was out the speeder door and half-way across the school yard. Zoey assured me she could find her class. She told me not to worry about her, that she was a big girl. Next I dropped Louise off at day-care. Then I took Marty to the private park near Lucie’s house. They had a good sized play area with a lot of equipment for kids Marty’s age and Lucie had made arrangements with the guard on duty to let us in. It was a beautiful spring day. I waited for the league to respond to Trey’s latest on field outburst and tried to resist reaching out to Loren Jul. I knew she would come to us when she was ready to accept a position, but maybe I did need to start looking at other possibilities for the head coaching candidates next season. Martin used to say that you could never get too far ahead of your competition.

Tag: Trieste (for league reaction/s)

Jedi Gunny, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Sub–GM Post

Bonus rolls this week to (points in parentheses): Concordia Crusaders (30), Tatooine Sandskimmers (30), and Thyferra Force (28).

Limmie Futures League – Week 9
    Week 9
    Tatooine Sandskimmers at Byblos Red Wings (25–14)
    Concordia Crusaders at Thyferra Force (24–25)
    Gallinore Firedrakes at Eriadu Thunder (14–12)

TAG: CPL_Macja Bardan_Jusik Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Jedi Gunny

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • ELL fines Trey Till 5,000 credits for comments made during Ralltiir/Chandrila game that resulted in Till's ejection
    • Referee from Ralltiir/Chandrila game suspended for Week 11 due to failure to stop play for injured player on the field, resulting in Patriots goal
    • Lokensgaard: "This was a serious injury. Though the rules allow officials leeway in when they stop play for an injured player, this is a case where better judgment should have been used."
    TAG: Runjedirun

Vehn, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Mandalore

“The worst part about playing Limmie? The bumps, bruises, cuts, sprains, strains, broken bones . . . basically everything that hurts,” Christine had said in her guest cameo on the “Rancor Pitt” show. And those words still hung true as she played against the Mercs. Her sprained knee, which had flared up in the Ylesia loss and had cost her three games, had made her rusty, and the pace of the game hadn’t helped any. In a shootout game that this one had become, forwards on both sides were getting as much space as they wanted. So it meant a lot of work for the corner back as she came back from the injury.

It had been a strange week. She had been sitting on the sidelines for the entirety of the Ralltiir game, then had given had given up her captaincy to Leia Adama. The full forward seemed hesitant to take it, and that was no shock. After all, being captain was more than just wearing a letter on one’s chest. There was a lot of pressure on one’s shoulders, and the desire to win just became more obvious when the microscope got placed even closer to your head, scrutinizing your every move. On a big market like Coruscant, the pressure was magnified by the sheer number of beings on the planet, trying to second-guess you at every turn and chastising you if something went wrong. Christine was glad to be rid of the title, to be honest. Leia seemed like the kind of player who could take the letter and run with it. The corner back just wanted to focus on Limmie.

The subject of the captaincy switch had been brought up in the interview. “It’s no picnic being captain,” she had said. “And I really don’t know if I was up to the standards necessary for a captain. I’m a good player, but maybe not the best leader. So now I can focus back on my game and do my best.” And that was the name of the game, to do your best in hopes that your team would win.

Her mind was obviously wandering again, she realized as the game continued. Being off the field for several weeks tended to make one uncoordinated and out-of-touch with the action, and she could easily discern the rust in her legs from not getting in three weeks of conditioning. The Mercs weren’t helping matters by constantly blitzing her with multiple attackers, and too many of them got through as far as Christine was concerned. It even got to the point in the first half where she got pulled by Coach Carelle to check on her knee. She told trainer Tama Wor that she felt fine except for being out of practice at the game. When Kelly Vurgess found it difficult to keep up with Fu Arock, especially, Christine went back into the game. It was just one of those kinds of days for the Senator defense.

Luckily, the offense had it figured out. Bombing the goal box for the Mercs with shots from all over the attack zone, the Senators were racking up the scoring opportunities. Leia, with her captaincy now permanent, had found a crease at one point and shot on goal. It got past Katan’s fingers and into the back of the net for three. It was that kind of seamless work that made the full forward a real marvel to watch, and it had also toughened Deluxx, the Senators’ starting full back, up a little bit having to practice against her every day. Zuzu Nuun, the top overall pick in the Draft, was coming out strong as well, peppering the net with shots and going for bar points whenever possible. The rest of the offense was rolling along as well, which was nice to see when the defense was struggling.

Things got turned on their head when Katan got injured, and former Senator Sarah Connor came into the game. The Senator forwards gave her no quarter as they had done to Katan, and the story remained the same going into the half.

“How’re you feeling?” Ava asked Christine as they walked back into the locker room.

“Rusty,” was all Christine wanted to say. She was shaking off the stiffness and getting back into the flow of things. Undoubtedly the second half would go better, she reasoned. She would be warmed up and back in the game mentally, so that would be all she would need.

During the halftime break, her mind wandered again to the interview. “I first really learned how to play on the ol’ sandlot back home. We lived in a neighborhood where there wasn’t a real good park to play in, so we found an abandoned old lot and played there. I learned how to really hone my game out there with my friends. We played there for hours almost every day, not really playing real games but just scrimmaging. A few of my friends also went on to play high school ball, and one or two others got college scholarships. We were quite the bunch, but then my parents moved away right before I entered high school. In the new place, we had a much nicer place to play, but I still missed the sandlot and the ridiculously-large creature over the fence in the junkyard next door. We called it ‘The Beast’, and if you ever knocked a ball over that fence, with we were lithe to do since we were kids, you’d never see that ball again. We had to keep things down after two or three times losing balls that way, because our parents would kill us if we explained that we lost the ball and were too afraid to retrieve it . . . I guess that’s why they called me the ‘Junkyard Dog’ back in high school, for my tenacity and toughness. I really should bring that nickname back, it was really cool . . .”

“Yeah, I played Little League. It wasn’t the sandlot, but we had to travel a little ways to get to this field, and I don’t think I learned as much. The coaches never liked that I played on a dirt field with my friends. Anyways, I remember one game where I had too many chips before the game started, and . . . yeah, the Force was strong with me that day. I won’t go into the details too much . . .

As far as if she was going to play in this game, “Well of course I'm going to play. What else is there to do on the sidelines, play dejarik with a Wookiee? You know, I tried that once, and . . . hm, now that I mention it, I can't feel my arm . . . OK, not really, but I can imagine . . ."

And then there were the questions about the advertisements and the commercial contracts. "Um, yeah, about the commercials . . . you know, sometimes I even amaze myself. It's like Life Day come early, just with a 30-second time slot." And for her next move on the endorsement trail, “I don’t really know. I’ll probably end up doing one of those muscle ‘zines, one where I’m supposed to show off a new workout plan. I’ll call it something like ‘Christine’s Awesome Workout Plan’. Yeah, that sounds generic enough.”

The second half was like a mirror image of the first. Both teams scored a lot of points, and neither defense could get any traction. The war in the middle of the field was more like a game of taking turns to do things, because there really was no major action by the midfielders other than facilitating their offense and failing to help the defense. Mor’kesh and Romax were evenly matched today, which was good to see from the old Hapan midfielder. She could still keep up with the best midfielders in the game.

Finally, when the dust settled, the Senators picked up the win, 31-26. It was cause for celebration on the visiting sidelines, not just because they had picked up a win in a tough environment, but also because the Senator rivalry game record coming in was so poor that getting a rivalry win was more than just a tally in the ‘victory’ column in the standings. It meant bragging rights for a year, plus a trophy. Christine just wished the trophy was a little less macabre, as she got to hold the “Bloody Bucket”, an old clone trooper helmet complete with encrusted blood stains. But a trophy was a trophy, and the helmet would look nice next to the Axe of Revolution in the trophy case back on Coruscant. Leia got to hold the Bucket first as captain of the team, and she was eating up the limelight of winning a rivalry game and bringing the Bloody Bucket back to Coruscant for the first time since Dirxx Horstse had held it aloft in 273. Christine was happy to have won, and was able to mentally check off her list of teams yet to beat. The Miners and Smugglers still stood in her way on that tally, but those were for another day. Right now, she just wanted to celebrate the win with her teammates.

The celebration had to happen on the shuttle, because the front office deemed it necessary to head off to Bakura as soon as possible to get there in time to acclimate to its climate before playing at the Gardens. Plus it was a long ride, and the sooner it was over, the better. So the players had packed up their things and boarded the shuttle, still riding high from the win. The Bucket would go with them this week, to give them proof of what they could do, and provide incentive to add the Old Rosewood Gavel to the cadre the next week.

They had been dead meat four weeks earlier, and now the Coruscant Senators had a chance to make the postseason. No matter what happened on Bakura, winning six games on the season was impressive; most impressive. And they held their destiny in their own hands.

IC: Briar Thorne

Briar wiped her brow as the game got into the final minutes, and then breathed a sigh of relief as her team pulled out the win. She was unsure of how the defense would hold up the next week, but the Mercs had an amazing offense, so the defenders had done their best holding the home team to under 30. Meanwhile, the offense looked well-oiled, and there was hope that maybe they could continue that resurgence. Zuzu Nuun’s drafting with the top overall pick looked like an excellent move; the rookie was leading the team in scoring on the season, and was ably replacing Maximus Qorbus in the lineup. If given a few more seasons to develop, Briar thought, Nuun would easily be on a Salbukk level. She just had to keep working on her game and keep improving.

On defense, it was good to see Gamble back on the field. She looked rusty, but in the second half glimmers of her old self came back. By the Miners game, she would be ready to go for the full 60 minutes. Klay Mettews was looking like an amazing haul from the trade in the offseason, Briar’s first trade as Senators GM. He was a blur on the field, and was one of the ‘glue guy’ players necessary to make things run. Rumors floated around him making out with another player in the equipment room after wins, but Briar wasn’t going to judge. As long as he played with that same intensity and helped the team win, that was the important bit.

And now it was down to the last week of the season, the Senatorial Showdown. Two teams locked in a dead heat, the winner going to the playoffs, the loser hoping for some extra luck in order to to keep playing. It was going to be an amazing game, and the stakes couldn’t be higher. But there was one thing bigger than all of those things.

Briar Thorne was going home.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Power Rankings, Week 10

1. Rydonni Prime Monarchs – Although nothing is for certain just yet, the Monarchs are as close to a guaranteed playoff spot as you can get in this year’s Elite League. And we think that they are going to make the Cup Final this year; they’re due to win it at some point.

2. Kashyyyk Rangers – The Rangers are in a similar situation to the Monarchs, and they can make noise if they keep momentum going. Which is not necessarily guaranteed.

3. Bakura Miners – They’ve gone from the dead back to playoff contention. That’s what we call ‘on a roll’. And oh man is Bakura Gardens going to be rocking this week when the equally-hot Senators come to town.

4. Coruscant Senators - Five-game road trip? No problem for the Senators and their happy-go-lucky bunch. Even if they don’t make the postseason this year, the foundation is being laid for a resurgence in the franchise.

5. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers – The worst part about all these teams being bunched up is that it’s impossible to rank them all without making judgments on how good they are. Take the Smugglers for example. They’re better than fifth, but you know, rankings don’t like ties. If we could use a tie, it’d probably be a five or six-way tie for first, just saying.

6. Mando’ade Mercs – Ditto on what we said above. They came up just short against the Senators this week, but we wouldn’t put too much stock in that. Actually, it might be the bitter pill they needed to swallow in order to get back in gear, just like last year.

7. Denon Demons – Oh Demons, how you love to tempt fate. Will you finally make the postseason, or will you collapse epically again?

8. Ylesia Lightning – They struggled mightily a week after looking as good as gold. They have one more week to get things together, and they’re in a tough spot.

9. Chandrila Patriots – Are the Patriots magnets for bad referees or something? That’s twice they’ve seen spats involved refs, and they’ve lost both times. Maybe Reina Kether needs to make sure refs don’t go on tirades at their games, seeing as it’s not good for the Pats.

10. Ralltiir Starkillers – Played a nice game against the Patriots this week, so there’s a lot of talent left there. Just not the end of the season they could have hoped for, even though they are still alive and can make the postseason (at least we think so – we tried a ton of computations).

11. Carratos Pirates – We’re seriously wondering if everything is alright on Carratos. We didn’t see the same reckless abandon as we did last year, and we’re not sure if that has something to do with the weird things going on at the Draft or not. Come back, Geoff Copin of old!

12. Hapes Consortium Buccaneers – Here’s hoping the C-Bucs get a win to finish their season to get momentum going into the offseason. They have a lot to do from the looks of it, but hey, Tendra Nalo is a good start.

TAGS to CPL_Macja, Trieste, Vehn, Bardan_Jusik, Rebecca_Daniels, Runjedirun, galactic-vagabond422, jcgoble3

CPL_Macja, Trieste, Vehn and 2 others like this.
  9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Tendra Nalo
    Time: Week 10 game at Smugglers

Tendra could feel the energy in her team. For once, they held a comfortable (though not bulletproof) lead with only a few minutes remaining. There had been talks the previous week between management and the male players on Gallinore that had eased the tensions somewhat, and the C-Bucs were taking their relief over that situation and unleashing it on the Smugglers.

The rookie full forward saw the ball begin to move in her direction and positioned herself, but a defender was all over her. She juked this way and spun that way, but no dice. Moving to the side, she drew the defender with her, opening a hole for team captain Wai Lin. Wai aimed at the uprights and fired a kick—but it went off the side of her foot, and clanged off the right upright.

Tendra mentally cursed as the Smugglers fielded the rebound and quickly turned it into three points at the other end, cutting the lead in half. Now they had to fight to hold the lead. The ball came upfield again, and it landed in the hands of midfielder Kitty Galore. Kitty fired a pass to the left side, and instantly buried her face in her hands. The only jerseys in the area she had thrown it to were burgundy. The result was a Smugglers point over the bar, bringing the lead to two. Then a gaffe by the C-Bucs defense, Tendra couldn't tell what had happened, reduced it to one.

Tendra let out a sigh of frustration as the ball began to make its way upfield again, the C-Bucs stalling for time as the last minute ticked off the clock. Kellie Dupont received the ball at the half forward line with thirty seconds to go. She turned to run—and left the ball behind as it simply squirted out of her hands. Tendra cursed out loud as she ran toward the ball, hoping to cover it up long enough to kill the clock.

But Zelena Wiles of the Smugglers got there first and sent the ball to Reaver, who sent it to Steele. Steele shot the ball, the ball hit the net, and the buzzer sounded. Tendra clenched her fists and let out a primal scream. How in the Nine Corellian Hells could they have lost that game like that? She knew that those responsible would have to answer for it in the locker room.

Disturbingly, Tendra noticed several C-Bucs players sniping at each other as they lined up for the handshakes. After going through the line, she followed the team back to the locker room... and then all hell broke loose. It happened so fast Tendra couldn't identify who started it. One player cussed out another, who wadded up her smelly, sweaty shirt and threw it at the first player. The first player charged the second player with her fist cocked, and captain Wai Lin stepped between them. The second player turned on Lin and made a vulgar remark about Lin's brother, Lin snapped and pushed her down, and the first player jumped on her and starting beating the poodoo out of her. Lin tried to intervene, but another player cold-cocked her in the back of the head, knocking her out, and suddenly everybody was attacking someone else. Punches were being thrown everywhere, even chairs were flying through the air.

Tendra seemed to be the only person in the room that didn't want to fight. She just wanted to escape. She dodged a punch and made for the door, but was met with a folding chair straight to the face, and she hit the floor hard. Her vision went dark for a moment, then came back in double. She struggled to stand up, and managed to get to the door without further incident. Seeing double, it was difficult for her to find the doorknob, but she got the door open, got out and shut it behind her.

Ignoring the media surrounding her, she spotted two copies of coach Leota Avoy talking to a reporter at the end of the tunnel and screamed her name. Leota glanced down the tunnel, then abandoned the interview and came sprinting toward her.

“What happened?!” Leota said.

“They're fighting,” Tendra simply responded.

Leota opened the door to the locker room just as a chair was thrown in that direction. The coach got out of the way, but Tendra, with her double vision, could not. The chair flew through the door and hit her in the side of the head, and everything went dark for her.

TO BE CONTINUED...

TAG: Vehn (with whom the game action was discussed) and Bardan_Jusik (who should wait for my continuation post in a day or two before posting anything about our Week 11 game)

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • With pivotal Week 11 Truce Day game approaching, sources reveal to HSN that Bakura Miners were on the verge of tanking season earlier this year
    • Source: "Quinn Cundertol was going to pull the plug on the season if they lost on Kashyyyk and went 1-5"
    • Plan reportedly included trading any players unwilling to go along with the plan
    • Miners front office denies report saying they won't focus on "distractions" in advance of Senators game
    TAG: Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Big Board!

Peter "Maverick" Mitchell (Human, Male, Half Forward, Bakuran Air Fleet Academy)
    Game Line: 1 goal scored, 1 shot on goal, 4 turnovers, L 32-6
    Analysis: Is the player marginal, or is the team just really bad? When you score 12 points in three weeks combined, we think it’s the team, but Mitchell may not be a top prospect.

Tom'Kazan'sky "Iceman" (Chiss, Male, Half Forward, Chiss Ascendency University)
    Game Line: 2 bar points, 5 shots on goal, 4 turnovers, L 32-17
    Analysis: Showed some promise on passes, but coughed the ball up way too many times for our liking.

Leonaard "Leo the Lion" Fostiir (Human, Male, Full Back, University of Ralltiir)
    Game Line: 3 tackles, W 16-0
    Analysis: Didn’t have a very spiffy game number-wise, but the team pitched a shutout, so that’s what matters, right? Stats are only important if you win? Right? Bueller? Anyone?

Saiada Clarette (Human, Female, Full/Corner Forward, Tiarest University)
    Game Line: 2 goals scored, 3 turnovers, W 14-13
    Analysis: Finally, a player who had a decent game this week. We were wondering if that just wasn’t going to happen, and the bigwigs had chosen a dud crop of players. But Clarette looked nice this week. Always helps to win, too.

Orsaka (Trandoshan, Female, Half Back, College of Deredith & Millicent)
    Game Line: 14 tackles, 2 interceptions, 4 loose ball recoveries, 3 forced fumbles, W 13-12
    Analysis: Monster game from a middling prospect. We don’t think this is going to be continued, though.

Leb Dameron (Human, Male, Goalkeeper, Technical Institute of Jakku)
    Game Line: 17 saves, L 9-8
    Analysis: Played one hell of a game, but came up just short. Not bad stats-wise, but a heartbreaker of a game.

Wale Kell (Fondorian, Male, Half Back, University of Corellia, Bella Vistal)
    Game Line: 5 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 loose ball recovery, W 28-27

Analysis: Had a so-so game, but still picked up the win. Apparently this was the week for one-point games.

TAG: Everyone

12. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Because sometimes I like to laugh and maybe this is what throwing a game will be like:

IC: Madelyne Till

The Starkillers meandered off the shuttle. Lucie waited for Ty with Ezra in one arm and the other arm on her hip. When he started down the ramp she raced up to him, but they didn’t share their usual passionate kiss. Instead she hugged him tightly. Then she backed away they exchanged a few hushed angry words and Ty followed her out. “It wasn’t serious Lucie,” I heard him attempt to explain while I watched anxiously for Trey to come down the ramp. As usual he was the last person to exit the shuttle.

He looked sad, he shrugged his shoulders as if in defeat and walked towards me. “I suppose it’s time to start interviewing draft prospects,” he said when he reached out to take Louise.

“I know you’re disappointed it didn’t work out,” I consoled. “If you’re really set on throwing this week’s game and you’re not going to be at the stadium as much. Tomas has something he wants to tell you,” I said looking around.

Tomas was engaged in helping Justyne put Marty in his safety seat. Trying to earn some brownie points no doubt. “What did he do?” Trey asked.

“I wanted to give him the chance to tell you. Tomas,” I called.

“Can’t it wait until we get home,” he hollered back.

“I suppose,” the ride home was boisterous. We dropped Justyne and her children off at their house just before arriving at our own.

“So what did you do this time, Little Vigo?” Trey asked as we made our way in the front door.

“I went to watch the Starkillers game at my brother’s house. I snuck out to do it because I knew if I asked mom would say no,” he explained rather defensively.

“Whoa, how did you get out of the house?”

“Spencer showed me how the security system works a long time ago. Mom was busy with feeding Marty and Zoey breakfast. All I had to do was pause the system, set it to start back up 5 minutes later and walk out the front door,” Tomas continued.

“I’ll find some chores for you to do,” Trey trailed off and titled his head in thought. “I also want you to come watch your brother’s court hearing. Day after tomorrow.”

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” I asked out loud. Bat was facing jail time and I wasn’t sure I wanted my youngest son to see his older brother cuffed and ushered out of a courtroom.

“You break the law you get punished,” Trey stated. “Maybe if he sees that first hand it’ll get through his head. Come sit down,” Trey said motioning his head towards the sofa.

“Your brother doesn’t really think he did anything wrong, just like you don’t see any harm in having walked out of the house to visit your brother without telling your mother. Well let’s say something happened to you on the way to your brother’s house. If no one knew you were missing it would have been a while before anyone went to look for you. If you had gotten injured or someone had snatched you it would have been longer than any of us would have liked before a search party could have been assembled. On top of that we wouldn’t have known where to look for you. This planet isn’t safe, you know that.

“Bartholomew decided to get behind the controls of a speeder after having too much to drink. He could have lost his life or taken someone else’s. I did the same thing. I spent a night in jail, my fiancé was injured and the baby she was carrying died. I got off with community service because my fiancé did not press charges. The judge decided I had suffered enough and let me off easy. My name was smeared and when I could be singled out as a murderer a few years later everyone bought into it. My fiancé had left me before that even. There’s people on this planet who still believe I killed those kids. One misjudgment can spiral out of control. I know it’s not easy, but you have to learn to stop pushing the limits.

“Now I’m not saying what’s happening to your brother is fair. For a first offense most beings would get a fine, lose their license for a while and possibly a light community service sentence. Your family has a lot of admirers on this planet, but they also have a lot of enemies. To make matters worse your brother is a professional athlete and a certain percentage of the general public is out to get us. The law wants to make an example of your brother. I don’t know for sure what’s going to happen. I want you to watch the proceedings. Take it all in. Make sure you don’t make the same mistakes.”

Tomas sat alone on an easy chair. He looked as if he had been paying attention. He wore a blank expression, “Can I go now?” He asked.

“Take my bag, sort out the dirty laundry and get it started for me,” Trey suggested.

Tomas gave Trey a look of disbelief, but he did as he was told. Two mornings later he was dressing for his brother’s hearing instead of a day at school. “Mom, can you come tie this thing,” he called towards my bedroom where Trey and I were dressing.

“In a minute,” I called back as I buttoned up the front of my dress.

“What does he want you to do?” Trey asked.

“Tie his tie,” I clarified.

“You mean he can’t tie a tie? I’ll take care of that,” Trey said rushing down the hall towards Tomas’ bedroom. About 20 minutes later I was in the kitchen trying to decide if I was too nervous to eat when Trey and Tomas made their entrance. Tomas was just an inch short of my own height now. He still looked like a child next to Trey, at least. He shifted uncomfortably in his suit.

“Do you want breakfast?” I asked. None of us ate much. We fixed whole oats and toast, but the majority of it was tossed in the waste container just before we headed out to the speeder. I dropped my daughter off for daycare with a heavy heart. I always felt so out of place at the facility. Usually it was enough to be the oldest and wealthiest woman dropping her child off, today I had to add going to watch her son’s sentencing to that lineup.

Trey piloted us to the courthouse. Bat and his lawyer were in the hallway. “You okay sweetheart?” I asked out of habit.

“This will be over soon,” he responded. “I’ll be fine. Take care of Georgia and the girls for me,” he requested.

“You know I will,” I assured. Trey led me and Tomas into the courtroom where we took front row seats. The entire Starkillers squad arrived minutes later. “What are they doing here?” I asked Trey.

“Learning,” Trey answered.

I had done my best to prepare for the proceedings. There really is no way to prepare yourself to watch a child you gave birth to and raised be sentenced to do time in jail. He was given 6 days, a light sentence, but any amount of time for a first offense was enough to make a point. If the point was that athletes weren’t above the law or Vigo’s weren’t above the law I don’t know. I couldn’t help but to be enraged. Anyone else would have received a fine, just like Trey had told Tomas. I held myself together as they led him outside to a speeder that would take him to the detention center.

I steeled myself longer, as I silently walked through the horde of reporters outside of the courthouse. I got in the side door of our speeder sat next to Tomas and as soon as the door was shut behind the protective tinted glass I openly wept. Trey hopped in the driver’s seat. “You okay little Vigo,” he asked.

I didn’t hear if Tomas answered. “Maddie,” Trey comforted as I felt his hand on my back. “He’s going to be fine. Let’s go check on Georgia,” he suggested.

Trey dropped me and Tomas off at Georgia and Bat’s house. He went on to the stadium for a few hours of practice with the team while we visited. We ordered lunch and watched Serene do tricks on the jungle gym that Bat had built in the backyard. Georgia and Bat had not made up any falsehoods. Serene knew her father had done something wrong and that he was being punished. Tyffanie was too young to understand even the basic concept. Tomas dribbled a bolo ball around the yard for most of the afternoon. When we were leaving I invited Georgia to bring the girls for dinner the following evening.

It was the first family dinner we had had in a while. Lucie and Ty brought their boys, Justyne brought her children and Georgia brought the girls. “What’s it like to throw a game on purpose?” Tomas asked Ty.

“It sucks,” Ty answered. “I’ve worked my whole life towards this one goal and now I’m putting it off for another season. I have to hope whatever rookie we can snag helps get us there, so it’s something I’m willing to do. But it’s definitely not the way any of us wanted for things to work out.”

“You’re not actually going to play are you?” Lucie asked with a voice full of concern.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I wasn’t even hurt last week? My head hit the turf, if I had gotten back up Coach would have let Frokkabuk rip my arms out as punishment. I got up and walked off the field. Still I left the game and let doctors evaluate me. Isn’t that enough for you?”

Lucie got up and left the table. “Where did mommy go?” T.J. wanted to know.

“I’ll go check on your mother,” I offered.

I found Lucie on the pool deck with her shoes off and her feet in the water. “Go away,” she said without looking up.

“Lucie if you want your marriage to work you are going to have to support your husband’s decisions. If he wants to play Limmie you need to let him know you stand behind his decision to play.”

“I wish you’d release him when the season ends. Maybe he would come to his senses.”

“More than likely he would find another team to sign with. Is that what you want? You want to live light years apart?”

“I just wish he would have won a title already. He deserves one. What’s the plan mom?” Lucie asked.

“Well first there’s this little game called the Galactic Cup that we are going to host. After that I’m going to sit down with Trey and evaluate the talent we have. Maybe we’ll try to make some trades and we’ll definitely get the best draft pick we can find. We have to make changes. This system isn’t working. If I hold onto Trey as coach there has to be a strong case behind that decision. Being married to a Limmie player is a lot more complicated than either of us would like.”

Suddenly Zoey burst through the pool entryway with T.J. on her heals. “Can Rah Rah go swimming?” She asked.

“Rah Rah!” Serene cheered as she followed from several feet behind. We explained that Ezra was a little small to go swim, but Lucie held him while the rest of us changed into our suits. Ty and Tomas did cannon balls while the children stood on the side and got splashed. Later Tomas and Zoey raced up and down the lanes. Tomas won by a landslide every time, but Zoey didn’t let that deter her from trying. Georgia and Justyne lay in lounge chairs, they had a quiet conversation while Trey walked around the shallow end with Louise. To an outsider we could have passed for normal that evening.

The team left late to Rydonni Prime. They had arranged to arrive just a few hours before kick-off. I had Marty and Zoey stay at my house again. Georgia and her girls and Lucie and her boys joined us for what we hoped would be a Starkillers loss and a Sandskimmers win. Our Limmie viewing party began with a dance routine that Zoey had prepared for us. “It doesn’t sound right if I say go Monarchs,” she complained when she got to the end.

Just say “Rah Rah,” Tomas suggested. As if on cue Ezra Allin gave his uncle and the Galaxy his first ever smile.

Tag CPL_Macja

Trieste, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 1 other person like this.
  13. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Tendra Nalo
    Time: ?????

Tendra slowly became aware of conversation around her. Without thinking, she moved her foot to stretch its muscles, and gradually began to make out the words being spoken.

“Blood pressure normal. Breathing's getting a little quicker. Pulse steady.”

“I just saw her foot move.”

“Finally.” Tendra felt a hand touch her on the shoulder, and she instinctively batted it away. “Yep, she's awake. Miss Nalo, I want you to keep your eyes closed for the moment. Can you hear me?”

Tendra coughed, then found her voice. “Yes. What happened?”

“You suffered a severe concussion, along with serious eye damage, four days ago. You are currently in the intensive care unit at Vertical City Memorial Hospital on Nar Shaddaa. How much to you remember about the events leading up to your injury?”

“I remember a bunch of stupid mistakes cost us the game against the Smugglers, and then a bunch of my teammates sniping at each other in the handshake line. I don't remember anything after that. Is that a problem?”

“Some amnesia is common after a concussion. The memories should come back soon. In a minute, after I check some things, I'm going to tell you what happened, and that might help you regain those memories.”

“I'm not sure I want to know.”

“I understand that, but regaining your memories is an important part of recovering from the injuries you have suffered.” There was a pause for a few moments, then the voice spoke again. “Alright, here's what happened. If at any point while I'm explaining this, you start to remember anything at all on your own, I want you to stop me and tell me what you remembered. Understand?”

“Yes.”

“When you returned to the locker room after the game, two players got into an argument. A third stepped in to try to break it up, but she became involved, and then—”

“—and then the whole team started fighting. I remember that now.”

“Do you remember what happened after that?”

“I remember trying to escape with double vision, and I remember seeing a chair fly our the door. I don't remember what happened between those.”

“Well, as you were trying to escape, you were hit in the face with a chair. That impact is what caused your double vision. After you got out of the room, you got the attention of your head coach, and when she opened the door to see what was going on—”

“—a chair hit me in the head. Now I remember that. I don't recall what happened after that.”

“And you never will, because that impact knocked you out cold. You've been unconscious ever since, until you woke up a few minutes ago. You were out for four days.”

Tendra just groaned.

“Now, I want to talk about your injuries. The first impact, as you were trying to escape from the room, damaged your right eye socket, specifically breaking the skull surrounding it. While you were out, you've undergone two surgeries to repair the damage. There shouldn't be any lasting effects, but it will take a couple of months before you can use that eye again. Again, I want you to keep your eyes closed until I tell you otherwise. At the moment, your right eye is covered with a patch, and is swollen shut. It will need to remain covered for a while until the bones begin to heal and the swelling goes down. Now, if you like, you can open your left eye.”

Tendra slowly lifted her left eyelid and took in the room around her. She was lying in a hospital bed, with about a dozen tubes and needles connected to her. Standing beside the bed to the right was a Twi'lek female nurse; Tendra assumed this was the one that had been speaking to her. At the foot of the bed was a middle-aged man; she assumed this was the doctor. And to her left, seated in a visitor's chair...

“Hi, Mom,” Tendra said.

“Hello. You've looked worse.”

Tendra grunted, then changed the subject. “How long have you been here?”

“I left Euceron as soon as I got the word that you were unconscious. I got here two days ago.”

“You didn't have to come all the way out here.”

“Yes, I did, because I'm your mother.” The tone in Jaria's voice left no room for argument, and Tendra just sighed. Jaria continued. “Now I want you to listen to the nurse and doctor, because I think they still have some things to explain. And you're lucky to be alive.”

“Huh?” Tendra turned back to the nurse.

“Yes,” the nurse said. “Your mother is right. The first impact fortunately did not, in and of itself, cause a concussion. That's very fortunate, because the second impact, outside the locker room, caused one of the most severe concussions I've seen in a long time. Had you suffered a concussion with the first impact, the second concussion, especially one of that severity, so quickly after the first one could easily have been fatal.”

There was silence for a few moments as Tendra internalized this information. Finally, she asked a question. “How much longer will I have to stay here?”

“That's a very good question. As I said, right now you are in intensive care. It is hospital policy that we do not transfer patients to another hospital, especially off-planet, while in intensive care, unless they need care that we are not equipped to provide. We need to observe you for a day or two before we can give a more concrete number, but depending on how well things go, it will probably be a couple of days to a week before we can move you from the ICU to general care. After that, we can arrange for a transfer to another hospital if you, understandably, prefer to leave Nar Shaddaa. Even with Kaitlyn Vehn's improvements, I wouldn't wish this planet on my worst enemy.” At that, Tendra let out a sound that was a cross between a grunt and a laugh, and the nurse smiled. “So I wouldn't blame you if you wanted to go back to Hapes, or to Euceron. Ultimately, it will be a a few weeks to a couple months before you can go home.

“Right now, though, I want you to get some rest. I know that sounds odd considering that you've basically been sleeping for four days, but rest is a critical part of recovering from a concussion. Feel free to talk to your mom, but don't try to get up or even sit up yet. We'll work on that later today.”

“Okay.” The nurse and doctor left the room, and Tendra was left alone with her mother, and not entirely sure what to say. She finally asked a question. “What happened to the rest of the team?”

“Well, do you want the short answer or the long answer?” Jaria asked.

“Just hit me.”

“That's the last thing you need right now.”

“Mom, you know what I meant.”

Jaria took a deep breath, then exhaled before answering. “Five players, including you, are out for the Mercs game with injuries. Everyone else is out with team suspensions.”

“Everyone?! What are we going to do, forfeit the Mercs game?”

“That was seriously considered, but no. Seventeen players will be called up from Gallinore to play the Mercs, and a dozen free agents have been signed to one-game contracts to refill the Firedrakes roster for the Red Wings game.”

“But Gallinore doesn't have seventeen female players.”

“Good thinking. That's the girl I gave birth to. Now I know you're going to be okay.”

Tendra rolled her eyes, and Jaria ignored it, if only because of her daughter's condition. For a moment, Tendra reflected that kids, even adult kids, could get away with stuff they normally couldn't when they were laid up in the hospital, prompting her to let out a small chuckle.

“Anyway,” Jaria continued, “yes, they are calling up men.”

Tendra's jaw dropped. “Men? On the Bucs?”

“Yes. It isn't the ideal way to break the gender barrier, but it's happening. I don't know what your perspective on the issue is, having lived in the Consortium for five years, but speaking as a Hapan that's lived on Euceron for half my life, I think it's long overdue.”

“Yes, I agree. I've never been a fan of men being excluded. I just wonder if this will last into next season.”

“I don't know. All I can say right now is that it's a good thing that it is finally happening. Let's just accept it for now and see what happens.”

“Yeah.”

TAG: Bardan_Jusik (for the C-Bucs/Mercs game), CPL_Macja (for the Firedrakes/Red Wings game), and anyone who wishes to comment on the matter of men playing on the C-Bucs

14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Mylessa McCloud
    C-Bucs 22, Smugglers 24

Mylessa wanted to cover her eyes as the last conference game the Smugglers would play this year was going right down to the wire. The Hapes C-Bucs had matched Nar Shaddaa for every move. When the Smugglers would score so too would the C-Bucs. Mylessa had listened to what Meredith had said regarding the C-Bucs. She’d tried to match their every move but today it was looking to be a real challenge for the young coach.

Tendra Nalo was living up to her reputation as being a rookie phenom. Mylessa remembered those days of endless pitch ahead of her. Remembered the glorious sensation of scoring against a good team. Now she had to watch this deadly dance from the sidelines. Now she had to clutch her clipboard tight to her chest and hope by some miracle the Smugglers pulled out of this one even though they were down by six to the C-Bucs.

Several minutes remained on the clock as a series of unfortunate events occurred for the C-Bucs offense. First, someone, McCloud didn’t get a good look, shanked a kick that went right off the uprights which led to a Smuggler rebound for some points. The lead narrowed. Then, another C-Bucs player, again Mcloud didn’t catch the name, threw a bullet to the wrong team. That kind of thing happened but what made the play unusual was thnat there wasn’t a C-Bucs player anywhere near the ball. The Smugglers scored again. Now the C-Bucs were leading by two. Again Nalo and her offense were driving down the pitch when the ball simply fell out of the C-Bucs forwards hands. Just plopped right on the ground. The crowd held its collective breath as the time seemed to slow. Zelena Wiles leaped on the ball and punched it out to Reaver who relayed it to Mick Steele for the winning goal.

Luck.

Fatigue.

Definitely not coincidence.

That was all Mylessa McCloud could think about during the obligatory post game handshake. How the C-Bucs had lost the game was absolutely beyond her. Time was on their side and so was the score. Somehow, someway, they’d made some mind numbing mistakes. They’d fought hard and nearly taken the Smugglers down.

What a game it was.

Tag:jcgoble3 (with his permission)

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines - Breaking News
    • Hapes Consortium Buccaneers head coach Leota Avoy confirms that men will play on the team for the first time in history in the Week 11 game against the Mercs
    • This follows yesterday's announcement that all uninjured players on the team had been suspended for the season finale
    • Social media is abuzz with praise for the gender barrier finally being broken, though some caution that it may not last due to the nature of how it happened
    • Survey of Hapan females reveals a slight majority against the move in principle, though a significant majority of those prefer the temporary use of men over the alternative of forfeiting the game
    • Royal court has issued no statement regarding the decision
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik jcgoble3

Vehn, Jedi Gunny, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    OOC: This post grew out of an error that you might have picked up on in my previous one, which you’ll figure out soon enough. ;)

IC: Alana Glencros
    Team shuttle, leaving Nar Shaddaa

With a groan, Alana slumped into a chair in the med bay of the shuttle. The team had been very careful to restrict media access after the Black & Blue Battle. No one wanted the press getting a whiff of what the captain looked or felt like right now.

Her shoulder hurt badly. Trieste and Tunross had gotten ice on it immediately after the game and had Alana keep it elevated to help reduce the pain. She’d gone without the ice for the postgame press conference to conceal the injury and it had taken all of Alana’s theatrical ability to keep from showing the pain she was in. But that was ELL--show weakness and the next team was going to take advantage. It was brutal, but that was the way the game was played.

Now that she was on the shuttle, Alana knew that relief was coming. She’d have the whole flight back to Bakura to let it rest and heal.

“One, two, three, and up,” Dr. May counted before lifting Alana’s arm to set it in an elevated position, “We’re going to do some compression on it. It’s a cold sleeve. It’ll help reduce the pain. If it still persists when it lands, we can talk about anti-inflammatories.”

“Just throw me in the bacta tank, doc,” Alana said, “I wouldn’t mind floating for the trip.”

“This is a muscle injury. Bacta primarily promotes regeneration. It’s the stuff of miracles, but it has its limits,” May said, “The high quality bacta, the sort you can’t get anywhere but Thyferra, that would probably do it. But the Thyferrans are like Bakurans when it comes to organ replacement: they understand the value of keeping their medical secrets on planet. We’d have to trade you to the Force if you’re going to get access to that. Anyways, I’ll do some injections with the commercial grade later on to help the process. For right now we need to control the pain and get you back to a relatively normal state but it won’t cure it. If you’d been shot, what I have would be of more help.”

“Next time I’ll ask Windreaver to shoot me,” Alana said, “I’m sure she’d oblige…”

And with that she faded into sleep.

Alana’s eyes fluttered open. She had no idea how long she’d been out, but she’d slept great. Her shoulder wasn’t hurting as much as it had. It was still elevated and chilled, which probably explained why it felt better. She eased her arm off the stand and gently rotated it to work some of the stiffness out. Glencross grunted as she felt the limits of her motion.

May came into the med bay. “Oh good, I was going to wake you.”

“Why’s that? My arm going to fall off from frostbite or something?” Alana said, referencing the cold sleeve.

“No, we’re here,” May said.

Alana blinked. “How long was I out for, doc?”

“A few hours.”

“You’re joking, right? From Nar Shaddaa it takes way longer than that to get back to Bakura.”

“We’re not on Bakura. We’re on Ylesia,” May said, her brow furrowed.

“No, the game against Ylesia is on Bakura,” Alana insisted.

“No it’s not,” Kettin Hervey said, poking his head in, “It’s been on Ylesia all season. As in since they released the schedule.”

“I swear the game is on Bakura. That’s what I saw on the schedule.”

“I don’t know what you saw, but we’re going to be on Ylesia for the next week regardless,” Kettin said.

Alana slumped back in her chair. This was terrible.

(Your musical selection. I vastly prefer the first one but if that doesn’t work--and sometimes it doesn’t--use the second one)

“...I know I said I was going to be back, but I made a mistake,” Alana said, “I feel terrible.”

“Oh. That’s okay,” Olivar said.

No, it wasn’t okay. It was very much not okay. On the scale of okayness, it was a negative 273.5. Alana had been looking forward to going home, to hugging her son, to sleeping in her bed next to her husband. She had not been looking forward to Ylesia. Nothing against Ylesia. It just wasn’t home. Home was the only thing she wanted right now.

“I miss you a lot.”

“I miss you too.”

“I know. I’ll be home in a week. Be good for your dad until then, okay?”

“I will.”

“Bye Olivar.”

“Bye Mom.”

Alana turned off the holo and slumped down to the floor with her back against the bed and put her head in her hands. Jolla was out doing...whatever one did in Ylesia. Alana didn’t remember, but she’d have to figure something out. She was going to be stuck here for a week and she wouldn’t spend all of it practicing.

Stuck on Ylesia, without seeing her son, who she missed more than anything.

Stuck on Ylesia, without seeing her son, in pain.

Thus began a dismal week for Alana Glencross.

Peace City Gardens, Peace City, Ylesia

Alana stood in the locker room with her head against a wall, waiting to go out for the start of the game. Spending the week at home with her husband and her son wouldn’t have just been relaxing. It would have been healing. Spiritually. Physically. But she didn’t get any of that. The galaxy had laughed at her instead.

Her shoulder still ached. Tunross and Trieste had worked it over all week. The only upside to being on Ylesia was that the flight from Nar Shaddaa to Ylesia was incredibly short for an ELL road trip. That had given the medical staff plenty of time to work on her and get her back to fighting form. Even so, her shoulder was still there, grabbing her attention.

The truth was that she didn’t care. She missed her family. For the first time in her career, the game was a drudgery. A chore. She didn’t want to play. She wanted to be home. Alana knew that this might be the penultimate game of her limmie career. She should treasure this moment like she had so many times before in this season. Instead, all she wanted to do was get the game over with and go home.

Maybe it was time to leave.

Alana took a deep breath. There was still a game to play. Ylesia wasn’t going to let up just because she felt sorry for herself. She had Prya Tiin today, the former number one overall pick. The Miners needed this win. A loss was going to make the playoffs a long shot. No, no matter what Alana might feel, she owed it to her teammates to play her hardest today. Maybe if she acted the part, maybe if she pretended that she was still the old Alana, that the fire was still inside her, maybe it really would be.

Glencross punched the wall in front of her three times in rapid succession to pump herself up for the game. With a bounce, she pushed off the wall and headed out for the field.

Limmie time, here we go, let’s do this, Alana thought to herself as she lead the team out of the locker room and onto the field.

The new Peace City Gardens was “only” 250,000 seats, making it one of the smaller venues. Thanks to the return of the Patriots, Stoney End held the title as the smallest. Even so, Alana was glad she didn’t have to deal with millions of fans this week. She could just focus on the game, even if these Lightning fans were going to bring the thunder.

“Hey Alana!”

She turned to find Saoirse Sloan on the sideline. Alana halted and trotted back. “Yeah? Some last thoughts from the Dragon?” It was unlike Cundertol to meddle in the game.

“No. First deck, our zone,” Sloan said, pointing.

Alana turned and looked. She shielded her eyes from the lights illuminating the field and scanned the stands. It was mainly the tan and maroon jerseys of the Lightning. With the Miners season in jeopardy early on, not many of their fans had booked plans to travel to Ylesia. That was what made a couple of points of blue stand out. They were waving--one being held up by the other so he could see despite his smaller frame.

There was no mistaking it: Niall and Olivar had come out from Bakura to see her. Alana’s heart grew three sizes.

Now she could play again with all her might and all the strength that remained in her.

Tiin was an eight year veteran of the Elite League. In this era of cheap draft picks with young legs and strong backs, that was an accomplishment. You didn’t make it past a rookie contract unless you had that something special. If you made it eight years in the ELL, you were hot stuff.

Sure enough, Tiin gave Alana everything she had today. It was hard play and exactly how Alana played Tiin in return. It might be clean, but neither was giving an inch and there were plenty of jabs, jostling, and shoves whenever the opportunity presented itself--and opportunities abounded.

Every time Alana hit the turf or tumbled in a tangle of limbs she looked up into the stands. She didn’t always pick them out of the crowd, but she knew they were there. Every time she came down hard on her shoulder and it screamed inside her head Alana pushed herself back up so her husband and son knew she wasn’t a quitter.

It was a tight, defensive game. No surprise, really. Urdaaza was bringing her better game today. The Miner defense and Comstock had done their homework and were containing the Lightning strikes. But the points were coming slowly for the offense. The Lightning D was wearing them down with smart, physical play. They were like a rock that the Miners kept crashing against like a wave. Over and over again.

With the second half winding down, Valerii called a time out. “I never thought I’d say this...but we’re gonna do the Carratos thing,” Valerii told her team.

“What’s that?”

“Bar points. Urdaaza’s got the net locked down. We’re going to kick our way to victory. You get the ball and you’re across the midfield line--take the shot. That means you, cap.” This last comment was directed at Alana. She nodded.

“Let’s do this. Four weeks ago we would have died for this opportunity, to control our own destiny going into the last week of the season,” Valerii said, “Let’s get on that shuttle and go home with no regrets, win or lose.”

And so it was that the Miners started punting the bolo-ball, aiming between the uprights. The Miners heeded their coach’s words. The first player across midfield took the shot. More often than not, that was Alana.

She’d spin the ball out in front of her onto the turf and then give a mighty kick high and long. Almost every time she did, she was rewarded with a slam from Tiin. But more often than not, the bolo-ball went in.

And that was what made the difference this day.

When the game was done and in the books, Alana shook hands with Tiin. “Hard game today, Prya. With a little luck, see you in the playoffs. That’d be fun.” She winked.

As Alana left the field, she looked once again to the stands. This time she found them with absolute certainty. Even at this distance she could see the smile on Olivar’s face as he waved his arms wildly at her. Alana blew her boys a kiss. They’d brought her through this game today more than anything else.

Now she could go home. Now she could think about the game that had loomed over the entire schedule. It was the game that could not be escaped, the game that she’d always known would define her regular season, perhaps her entire season.

Week 11.

Coruscant Senators at Bakura Gardens.

Truce Day.

Hold onto your butts.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Bakura

It just had to be Bakura, didn’t it?

There was a sense of overwhelming dread creeping into the corner back’s mind. For as much as she should have felt elated from the momentum her team was carrying going into this game, there was also a sinister voice in the back of her mind asking if the team could really do this. This was the Miners they were playing today; the team that had found ways to get under Christine’s skin more than any other in the League.

The problem ahead was simple: beat the Miners, and get into the postseason. It seemed simple enough. After all, seven wins on the season was definitely enough to make the postseason. However, the catastrophic implications of losing this game were also present. If they lost, not only would they lose any chance at a home game in the playoffs (not like Christine cared as much about that), but then they would be in dire jeopardy in dealing with Denon and Ylesia. The Lightning had beaten the Senators 22-3 on Coruscant, in the game where a bad fall had sprained Christine’s knee, and they had beaten Denon. But there was no telling how either team would do this week; they were both playing out of conference, so their conference records were intact. Lose against the Miners, and a win by either Denon or Ylesia would mean it would be curtains for the Senators’ season. Although it wasn’t a complete “win or go home” scenario like it had been in 276 on this very same field, it was just about as bad.

It seemed odd to be here in a game that actually meant something. Not too long before, both teams were looking so out of it that some pundits thought it might be a battle for the top pick in the 281 Draft. The Senators had been 2-4, the Miners 1-4, and it had looked long since over for both sides. But, with the typical Miners way, they couldn’t be made irrelevant in the eyes of the League, and ripped off many impressive wins to get back into third. They were good, and shouldn’t have been 1-4 in the first place. But the Senators, that was the interesting story. When Christine went down with her sprained knee, it looked like the team would have to tank the rest of the season. With interim captain Leia Adama taking over the reins of a young team featuring at least a dozen rookies and facing a five-game road trip that would take them across the galaxy, back, and then out again, it appeared impossible to even be thinking playoffs. Wins over Carratos and Hapes had provided the team with some confidence, but the real watershed moment had been the Ralltiir win. They had surprised a sliding Starkillers squad, yes, and the home team had been dealing with other issues, certainly. But for a young Senators team, beating the Starkillers in a tough venue for road teams was a big win. The win on Mandalore was even more impressive, and had broken a tough-luck string against the Mercs.

But that just led to the hardest game of them all. It was no secret that the Miners had the Senators’ number. Five straight games went to the home team for the match, the prior game a 34-0 laugher that had thoroughly embarrassed the Senators at home and had spelled the beginning of the end of the S’rily regime on the galactic capital. For as much as one tried not to dwell on the past, it was difficult not to forget how bitter that defeat had been. Being completely demolished at home against a hated rival was bad enough, but to be shut out? That was insult to injury for the psyche of the Senator team, and that sting would never go away, Christine knew, until they paid the Miners back. Only then could the fans forget what had happened on their home field in 279. Only then could she forget the walking nightmare that one was.

Making matters worse for the Senators was Alana Glencross. It wasn’t as if she hadn’t already been a thorn in their side enough in prior years, but it was her last regular season game after deciding to retire before the season began. In her “farewell tour”, she had led the team back to playoff contention, and stood in the way of the Senators once more. In fact, no Senator team had defeated the Miners since 274, the year when Alysha Romax, the recently-returned Senator midfielder, had been captain, and had been standing in the shadow of the gregarious Hall-of-Famer whose massive shoes she had to fill as leader of the team. Since then, there had been no luck in dealing with the Miners. When the game was kept close, the Miners would find a way to win. When there was a defensive lapse, the Miner forwards would capitalize on it. The gem Comstock had tossed out last year was traumatizing enough to the Senator faithful that they forgot how other games had ended in Senator offensive futility against the small-college girl no one knew about before being drafted out of the blue. The winning formula was always the same for the Miners; score a lot of points. In Christine’s five years in the league, the Miners had scored no less than 24 points in a game against the Senators; that weighed heavily on the mind of the star corner back. It meant that she wasn’t enough to keep the Miners from scoring at will. It meant that she looked mediocre at best against the Miners. It meant that they knew how to get under her skin and make it crawl like nothing else. They were the itch that couldn’t be scratched.

And therefore Christine had decided one thing. There would be no honoring of Glencross by her opponents today, like so many other teams had done. As far as Christine was concerned, any sort of act like that would be contrary to the performance of her team. The Bakuran media was already making this whole thing a giant media circus; there was no reason in her mind to let her team get caught up in it. Maybe it seemed unsportsmanlike, but she didn’t care that much. They were here to play a game and to win it, not to pay homage to a legend. There would be enough distractions as it was for the young rookies that they didn’t need to add another laundry list item. Alana Glencross was another obstacle to overcome on this topsy-turvy season, and would have to be overcome if they wanted to keep playing. There was no other way to look at this. The Senators had to focus on winning, not on the media circus.

And, deep down, Christine felt a deep sense of resentment for the Miners’ success. They had gone on and won game after game every year, but had never felt the crushing depths she had felt during 277 and 279. They had always found a way to confound her, and that was annoying enough. She wanted to get to the postseason, yes, but she also wanted more than anything right now to win on this field, against the Miners, against Alana Glencross, and prove to the galaxy that she could do it. Her ego had taken major hits against the Miners, and the frustration was boiling over. It was time to unleash the beast on this game, no holds barred, nothing left undone. Christine “Junkyard Dog” Gamble wasn’t going to let anything get past her today.

As she prepared herself for the game, she did everything deliberately, slowly, passionately, trying to get herself in game shape. Her mind had to be sharp; the Miners would throw everything they could at her. But she would be ready for them. There was no backing out now, no backing down. She would stand up and fight against her rivals, and no give an inch. It sounded like a cliché from a Holo picture, but it was true. Today was another chance to win, another chance to prove herself.

Distractions indeed abounded on the field before the game. Christine took them in stride, but she tried not to pay them any mind. She was focusing on the game, and nothing more. All the while she watched her spot on the field like a hawk, surveying the grass, mentally checking her gameplan over and over. She would make a stand there, at another point make excellent tackles, and it another make a double-team on an unsuspecting forward. She would be everywhere today, the nemesis in a gray uniform, the un-swattable gnat. There would be no quarter given on her part; she would make sure there was no room to operate on her side of the field. She was sick of failing against the Miners; it was time to lock things down.

Before the game began, Leia had her team locked in. The pressure wasn’t any less on her shoulders than Christine had on hers. The third-year full forward was coming home as the golden girl daughter of a Miners legend, and to be a Senator was sacrilege for some Bakuran faithful. But the captaincy, plus the four-game winning streak, and the playoff odds, made this a very stressful game for Leia. She looked nervous the whole time, but resolve was the only thing to keep her together. No doubt her father was watching somewhere, maybe not here, but somewhere out there. The Golden Girl coming back to her dad’s old stomping grounds was a major story in itself. But the last outing here hadn’t gone as well for her as she would have hoped. She was probably harboring intense emotional strife right now. Christine didn’t envy her one bit. Those were battles that only Leia could deal with.

When she stepped onto the field and went to her starting spot, there was only one thing going through Christine’s mind. 60 minutes. By that time, unless there was a very unlikely overtime game, the victor would be crowned. 60 minutes of hell awaited her, and there was no shying away from the pressure. There was only to press on and get things done.

And to excel at them. Christine would accept nothing less than her best. Her eyes shifted over to the sidelines. There sat the macabre Bloody Bucket, having come with them from Mandalore. It would sit on the sideline as a silent reminder that they could slay giants. This was their motivation; if they could play the same game they had the last week, they could take the Old Rosewood Gavel home with them.

That was the goal. Now it was time to execute the gameplan and hope it worked well enough to win.

IC: Briar Thorne

Being home was a cacophony of emotions for Briar as she took her seat in the visitor’s box at the Gardens. She had known that leaving the confines of this stadium and the planet would be a rough transition, but it was made especially difficult by going to the Senators. Some Miners faithful thought it was beyond time that she get her opportunity, while others had slung mud at her name for going to the Senators. For the one-sided nature of the rivalry in recent years, there was still no love lost between the two teams. Briar had been on the winning side of those last five games, the decade of dominance in the series, and now found herself in the curious place of being on the other side. The Miners hadn’t changed much, sans her departure, but the Senators sure had. She had made sure the same sorry Senators team that she had seen embarrassed so badly bore little to no resemblance to the team she had constructed now. In the back of her mind, it would be weird to play against the Miners again, but ultimately it was down to her career. She couldn’t stay in Quinn Cundertol’s shadow forever. Yes she had won three Cup titles as assistant GM, but no one would remember her for that.

But if she came back here and put up a fight, maybe won the game, for good or for ill, she would be remembered. That was what she wanted, to start her own legacy. There was no shadow hanging over her head now. Gark S’rily had left her to her own devices, and thus had kept his distance. Somewhere out there he was undoubtedly judging her, making his own mental notes on the woman he had hired to be his successor. He would be crazy not to evaluate her skills, she thought. After all, he had been to the pinnacle six times as GM, winning two Cups, and coaching his team to one of those titles. He had been there and back, had seen the harsh reality of mediocrity in the Elite League. He had the breadth of knowledge about the league that she didn’t as of yet. So this was her crash course in how to fill his shoes, because he wasn’t going to hold her hand. This was her team now, and her actions were consequential, whether it was positive or negative.

She had spoken to Alana before the game, as a former Miner employee. While she couldn’t tell what her team was going to do, since they had a bone to pick with the hometown team due to recent poor performances, she was going to congratulate Alana on her career. It was remarkable what she was able to do in her career, and it seemed fitting that it all came down to this game. Obviously the League office had decided it would be an interesting send-off for the Miner captain to play the Senators, even though they could have scheduled other matchups in its place. They could have chosen the Smugglers, Monarchs, or Mercs. All of them had tangled fiercely with the Miners in recent years, and would have made excellent ratings fodder for the last week of the season. But the season had been a grind on everyone, and somehow, against all odds, this game meant more than just a farewell game for the redheaded captain. This was down-to-the-wire action in the making.

It had felt odd coming back to Bakura as the GM of an opposing team. She had always loved the Gardens, their splendid colors and fans keeping things intimate, yet fierce, when necessary. Everything about it was elegant, compared to the more urban style of Senator Stadium in its megalopolis. This was the sophisticated world against the urban center, the rolling hills and streams against the speeder traffic jams, the royal elegance of the blue against the more violent black. It would be a clash of styles, the Miners with a more formal attack, against a happy-go-lucky Senators bunch that was probably too naïve and stupid to realize that they shouldn’t even be in this position. It would be elegance versus sheer rookie determination, the fan favorites against the overachieving underdogs, a truly interesting battle. And she had been on both sides of this war. She had remembered the days when Glencross would go up against Horstse. She had remembered watching the fateful 268 playoff game here at the Gardens when Alysha Romax, now her starting midfielder, had found enough space to pull down a loose ball and make the assist on Izzi Polakaya’s game-winning goal to push the Senators into the Finals, where they then won their most recent title. She remembered dismantling Thyferra twice in the 271 season to win her first Cup; even though it wasn’t the Senators, it had never been mentioned in Bakuran circles that the Force were to be treated as less than would have been brought by the Senators. Pamila Korthe, the shifty Zeltron coach who had never found much success against the Miners, was now the Senators’ defensive coordinator. There had always been talk of luring Korthe away to Bakura, but now Briar had a chance to work with her. Then there was 276, the close game with everything on the line. It had seemingly put an end to the Senator run of excellence, and while the Miners then got popped the next week in the playoffs, it had signaled a changing of the guard in the rivalry. Then she had seen the 34-0 win the last season, and how different the two franchises were. Now she was jumping back into the fray, but this time she had to respect the chip on her team’s shoulder. She had to understand their pain, the silent defiance she saw in Christine Gamble’s eyes as the corner back walked to her spot on the field. She could never hope to fully grip how they felt emotionally about the 279 loss, because not many of those players were left. But those who were would likely not forget, and they would channel that into a rage that they would need to win. For as much Bakuran pride as Briar had, she also had to come to terms with the reality that she needed her team to succeed. This was no longer a pride for her. The only pride from this game would be winning in front of her fellow Bakurans.

“How weird does it feel to be back here after all those years?” assistant GM Aebatt Zargana had asked when the shuttle had landed on Bakura.

“I don’t know. All I can say is that it will be an interesting two days,” Briar said. At the time she had tried not to let her thoughts overtake her, but now there was no easy way to force them to leave. She would have to deal with them in turn. Hopefully the game would drown them out.

It was another game at Bakura Gardens, and yet for Briar Thorne, it felt like she had never left. But she was no longer part of the circle. Now she was the enemy, and it made her feel uncertain. How would she feel if she was a fan in the stands? Was she a defector, or doing what was right for herself? Only time would tell.

And all she knew was that a win would definitely make everything better. The only question was if such a thing was possible. Could the Senators use their late-season magic and pull this one out, or would they finally run out of steam?

TAG: Trieste

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Vote for All Stars if you haven't already.

HSN Analyst & Writer Klatch
    Or...H.A.W.K.! Ka caw! Ka caw!

The collected musings and opinions of those pesky writers and enigmatic analysts that roam the halls of HSN...and this is what lunch time is like.

• Men will play on the Bucs. The ladies of HSN are genuinely interested to see if they’re as gorgeous as the starting squad.
    • Silence from Queen Mother fits with her traditional non-interference in team operations, but a disaster could equal the end of Avoy’s tenure.
    • With all eyes on Buccaneers, Mercs now must prepare for an LFL level roster in a must-win game. A shocking win by the “Firebucs”/“Drakeneers”/“Fireneers”/“Bucadrakes” would rock the defending champs.
    • And let’s not forget: Lokensgaard will be at the Mercs/Bucs game. As if it couldn’t get bigger.
    • With the Bucs in pole position for the first overall pick, will a win their final game this season signal a sea change in strategy? Could we see the Bucs choose a male player with the first overall pick?
    • It’s guaranteed that one Solo Conference team will have won six straight games to make the postseason. The Langann Award could be decided on Truce Day.
    • Then again, the interim tag is off McCloud and she’s earned it. Don’t count her out of the Langann running.
    • Speaking of which, Romo Crowley should win one of these things eventually too.
    • In the Skywalker, Kashyyyk/Chandrila will likely decide the Skywalker Conference #1 seed.
    • Carratos has number two overall draft pick to look forward to--but will they take advantage of it after last year’s poor showing?
    • As has been the case all season, Ylesia is still in strong position to make the playoffs, but they’ll have to win the Slugfest to do it.
    • Nine teams vying for six playoff spots. This is what we wait all year for.
    • Despite the loss, Viva Arock Vegas.
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

Jedi Gunny, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  19. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Geoff Copin
    The Caferery, O’Pahz, Carratos

Geoff had given his players the morning off from practice, in part to give them a little rest before taking on the gargantuan task of playing the Rangers, much less beating them. Their former confidence built in the win over the Patriots was fast eroding as the game approached maybe giving them some distance from the game would settle their minds. Geoff couldn’t worry about that now, he had a personal matter to sort.

“Here you go,” his brother Blaine said setting a cup of caf in front of him. Blaine had made the invitation a few days after his first visit. At first Geoff didn’t want to go, didn’t even want to acknowledge his own brother’s presences in O’Pahz, but, after their father’s rebuke the younger brother felt obligated to at least hear the other out. “Alright,” Blaine continued after a long silence, “I’ll admit I messed up,” That was right, he seemed a man prone to mistakes, “showing up out of the blue, it was wrong of me to do that, I’m sorry. I want, no, I need this to work. I have so few friends I can’t be losing my own brother.” He paused again to take a deep breath, “What can I do to make this work,” he stopped again to consider his words, “other than leaving this planet.” Geoff looked around the caf house, it was bright with many windows letting in natural light most of the decorations were imitation wood, which was funny being only a short hop away from Aphran a major exporter of natural wood. While taking in the sights of a location he never had occasion to visit before, he tried to settle his heart. He wanted to keep this conversation civil they were in a public space after all. He couldn’t go off like he did in the hallway.

“Keeping your distance would be a good start,” he finally said ending the painful silence,

“Geoff please…”

“At least for a few months so I can get my head on straight about this, even now I’m struggling to keep my anger in check.”

“It’s that bad huh,”

“It’s twenty-three years of hating you, I can’t just let go of it in a week, it’ll take more time.”

“Or is that just you excuse to keep me out of your life, of your daughters’…”

“Don’t,” Geoff snapped, his voice rising in sudden anger, he stopped himself feeling the gaze of other patrons fall upon the conversation, “don’t mention my daughters, the thought of you near them makes my skin crawl.” Blaine leaned away from his brother, pained by his words,

“Really?” Blaine asked, his voice was soft but, confused.

“That’s my heart talking, not my head but, can you blame me?” Reluctantly Blaine nodded his head,

“I guess I can see your point, I just,” He sucked his teeth, an unmistakable Copin habit, “I just want my life to go back to normal again, or something like it.”

“I don’t think it can Blaine,” The frankness in Geoff’s voice was cutting to his older brother, “What you did will follow you wherever you go and whatever you do, you’ll never erase it.” Blaine looked up at the ceiling obviously fighting back tears.

“They said I had done my time, that I paid my debt. Yet I’m still being punished, was that all a lie.”

“You know I have a law degree, so I have a better understanding than most of how punishment under the law works. It is based on several fundamental things, which includes reform but, also retribution and deterrence. If you were free to do whatever after your release many would see it as unjust, not punishment enough, Force, even letting you out was probably an unpopular decision.”

“But does that make it right?”

“I don’t know, it’s the only legal system we have right now and the majority of people agree with it.”

“Is that not the tyranny of the majority?”

“Right, because you were studying to be a political scientist before you got locked up?” Sarcasm dripped off Geoff’s words, Blaine recoiled. “I’m sorry that was too far,”

“I had dreams, I was pretty smart in school,” Geoff bit his tongue lest he make the situation more emotional, “I thought about being a historian before all this happened.” He paused to shake his head, “Now look at me, I’m nearly forty and working as a dishwasher, I’m the oldest guy on shift, even the chef is younger than me.”

“Where is that exactly?” Geoff said taking a sip of now lukewarm caf, trying to change the subject for a moment. Blaine responded with a wry grin knowing what his brother was up to,

“It’s a place called Cho’s,” Geoff snorted,

“That’s a high end place isn’t it?”

“Yeah, I wouldn’t be allowed past the front door, and I’m still not. All staff has to enter through the back entrance.”

“What’s it like working there?”

“No one asks questions, which is nice. I keep my head down and the flatware clean, just like in prison.”

“And know about your record?”

“Of course they do, I have to put it on nearly everything I sign.”

“Do your coworkers know?”

“No and they don’t have to, I’m obligated to tell my employers not my coworkers.”

“But, if they ask…”

“If they ask I’ll tell them it’s none of their business.”

“Are you sure that’s the best way to go about it?”

“It’s what I’ve got Geoff, if I tell them it could make our relationship very tense, and could harm cohesion and I could be asked to leave for being a disruptive influence. No appeal and they’d be well within their rights to do so. I can’t lose this job, no matter what.”

“Keeping this secret could blow up worse down the road, better to get out ahead of it. Honesty is usually best.”

“This is my decision not yours, besides wouldn’t you want me gone as soon as possible?” Geoff’s heart screamed yes but, his mind tried to temper that reaction.

“I don’t know how I feel but, you’re right it’s your decision.” Another pause consumed the conversation. Blaine checked his chrono,

“Alright Bro, I gotta’ get going now but, I’d like to talk again.” Geoff swallowed hard at this thought he felt like this conversation damaged the relationship rather than repaired it.

The day came and now the shaky Pirates had to face the dominate Rangers. Looking around the locker room, Ponie was the only player that seemed to be ready for it. Even Kala, the only being on the team that stood a chance of standing up to the then physically, looked nervous his eyes locked straight ahead. The atmosphere was overwhelmingly fearful. They had never faced beings of this physical size before, well not a team of them anyway. As the time to take the field came closer the weight of the air became oppressive. All the confidence they had coming off the Patriots win had left them. Part of Geoff knew that this game was going to be a disaster.

They took to the field with as much enthusiasm as they could muster. The stands were noticeably empty, the Patriots win being written off as an apparition. Geoff had no special lineup this game just the standard 6-2-6 with the instructions that the defense was to play zone, not being-to-being. On offense it looked even worse, not even the ‘Broadside’ could help them here, since the Rangers defense just towered over everyone. Their only hope was to move fast and try to make short, fast passes that were hard to intercept. This wasn’t an extravagant or ridiculous plan like last game and honestly the coach doubted its effectiveness.

Right away things went wrong, the Rangers got possession, no surprise there, and charged down the field batting aside any attempts to tackle them. Rhodri managed to give the full forward, Grika, pause before she passed to Ticheen. The large being easily caught the pass over the head of Mikia and move towards the net. Kala was the only thing standing in his way. Geoff expected a tough physical showing from the rookie but, that never materialized. The Kerestian fell back and stepped ever so slightly to the outside, why would he do that. Needless to say Qazi stood no chance to stop the incoming shot.

The Quarren goalkeeper glared at the right corner. Kala just shrugged his shoulders, unsure of what to say or do. Trying to get it out of their zone Qazi punted to the midfield but, both Teaics where absolutely out muscled for position. The attack came again down the right side. Mikia didn’t even try to stop it but, did move to the inside to cut off the pass. Kala stepped up this time trying to block the advance, only to be caught flat-footed on a pump fake. The Rangers went up by six in as many minutes. Beanne hung her head.

Hoping to avoid a threepeat of goals the net-minder waited looking for a clear passing lane. Brian cut in front, arm up raised. Qazi fired off a bullet pass that caught the human in the chest. Brian then cut hard to the outside then broke to the inside as he neared the sideline. A quick pass to Ponie and the ball was out of their zone. Marky got around Pekt and received the pass from his half back compatriot. Just inside the offensive zone, he made a sort pass to Else who just barely turned away from an incoming tackle. Logan dropped back to take possession. Once in his hands the crowd, such as it was, became excited. Even with their abysmal record the long haired full forward could still get them on their feet. Unfortunately nothing came of this. The star was taken off his feet by Khrussk coming off the left side.

At the half the Pirates returned to the locker room worn out and bruised. The offense had scored zero points and the defense had allowed too many. The team was on the edge of physical collapse. The coach had to do something, but what? Maybe if the defense had another player they could cut off more passes or block shots. He rejected the alternative which was to add another attacker. That would take a player from an already struggling defense, and would sink the team more. On the other hand the offense had failed to produce time and again this season, evidenced by the Pirates league last points scored. This felt like a drawn out version of the first season. It was painful to watch his team struggle and fight for no reason other than pride, something they were running very short on. Again the atmosphere was heavy with defeat. They knew they couldn’t win, no matter how hard they work it seemed they were doomed to suffer. Cracks had started to appear in the team. The reserve defenders Bestide and Boutros were staring daggers at each other, had been since the Ylesia game. Sylvanus had retracted his anntenapalps, never a good sign. The young veteran stared blankly at the floor, ever since picking up Mikia and Ponie he hadn’t played a single minute. He said he was fine but, there was something in his voice that said he wasn’t.

“Alright team,” Geoff said ending the unbearable silence, “We’re switching things up. Vayan you come out,” the Barabel’s tail twitched, “Jace you come in give our back line another body.”

“Do you honestly think that will help?” Boutros said a twinge of anger in her voice.

“It’s what he got. We’re not going to win this the way we have been playing time to try something else.”

“If at first you don’t succeed,” Rhodri calls out, Brian snorted,

“That should probably our motto, since we never succeed yet try so hard.” The team had a slight laugh at the self-deprecating humor.

Back on the field Bel, Kala and Brain were joined by Jace. Vayan gave the coach a worried look. Geoff knew that the Pirates were last in the league when it came to points scored, again, this coming off being third last season. The funny thing was they still had a half-way decent defense, even with playing a man down most of the time. That spoke to the continued strength of the vaunted half back line they fielded. The coach also couldn’t discount the contributions of the rookies Bel and Kala. So there was still a glimmer of hope for next season.

As the game restarted the Rangers instantly took control and looked to hold onto it until the end of the game. That was until Bel and Brian working together tackled Nak and managed to get control of the fumble. Brian again showing speed Geoff didn’t know he had cut in-between the towering players. He sent a hard and fast pass to Ponie which she carried into the midfield. A pass up to Else and the Pirates were on the attack, for once. The question remained could this turn the game or was it just a last act of defiance, something the team from Carratos liked to do.

With Frorwaa bearing down on her Else was running out of time to do something. She broke hard to the right which pulled Liss off Leigh. Taking this opportunity the blonde haired half forward surged ahead and called for a pass. The pass came in the smallest of windows as two defenders closed on Else. Leigh charged forward but, wasn’t about to take on the Ranger back line. Instead she cut to the left, towards the opposite sideline. Once at about the midpoint she executed a turning kick that launched the ball over the bar for the Pirates first and possibly only, point of the game.

After the reset the Rangers had full control again, tearing thought the midfield like it was nothing they came in from the right, Kala and Jace’s side. While Kala had the size to handle a Wookiee or Trandoshan on his own, Jace would need help. He didn’t get it as he charged at Ticheen. The Wookiee forward just batted the smaller Human to the side and launched a rocket into the back of the net. Where had Kala been on that play? Even if he couldn’t of help Jace he could have at least tried to block the shot. Why didn’t he, was something wrong?

The Pirates scored a few more bar points and even a goal which came off a lucky bounce when the Rangers batted a pass toward Logan. All of it was woefully not enough to win and the team in black and white walked away with another crushing defeat as the stands began to sing deadman’s chest. It had been a while since Geoff had heard that song sung in a positive context, mostly because when the Pirates did win it was by the skin of their teeth never really a blowout. After the handshakes with the team in the locker room the coach stepped out to call his wife.

“Hey babe,” He said, “How are the girls?”

“Iris is a little bummed the Pirates didn’t win, but otherwise ok.”

“That’s good,” Geoff pauses hearing shouting from the locker room. “Hon, I’m going to call you back.” He ended the call and stepped into the locker room. Boutros seemed to be shouting at Kala,

“Come on tell me rookie, what was with your play out there huh?” her voice was loud and filled with anger, “You could have taken those guys why’d you back down, somebody tell you to throw this game?” The room became deadly silent. “Oh, come one people I’m a Zeltron and I don’t believe we’ve been giving our all, especially on defense.”

“Boutros, chill out,” Bestide stepped in trying to defuse the situation.

“You’re just as guilty, I saw your play against Ylesia who’s pocket are you in?” Suddenly the calm Bothan snapped,

“Could ask you the same thing, where you trying to kill that poor girl on Mandalore?”

“Ladies, can we take a breath,” Rhodri called out.

“Be quiet Rhodri,” Boutros shouted, “we all know what you’re hiding under your long sleeves,” she paused allowing gazes to fall on the Kaltooinian “you’re a Star Dragon, tell us how many of you dragon’s teeth are filled in.” It was semi-common knowledge that the more teeth on a Star Dragon’s tattoo that were filled in the more beings the member had killed.

“Don’t go there Boutros.” The large defenders words came out like a growl.

“Oh, did you not want people to know who you really are, a killer.”

“Boutros that’s enough,” Geoff yelled from the back of the room.

“Shut it outsider, this is between us Carrtosians.”

“If you continue with this, you won’t play next week.”

“Like that’ll change anything, it’s the last game, and you can’t fire me, sith, not even the Big Boss could fire me, because I followed orders like a good little girl. Just like Kala and Bestide.”

“It’s not that simple,” Kala bellowed, adding his voice to the already crowded conversation. “They threatened someone I care about, said they’d harm them if I didn’t do what they said.”

“Well join the club kid, that’s how it starts, and then you just do what they tell you because it’s easier than thinking for yourself.” The room fell back into a painfully uncomfortable silence, Boutros and Bestide stared daggers at each other, again, Rhodri just grabbed his stuff and left. Kala just sat there his head in his hands. Tian tried to pat him on the back but, he pushed her away. There was one game left in the season and it just had to be against the Demons, and the Pirates just had to self-destruct before it. The odds of coming away with a win were looking worse all the time.
    TAG: No One

20. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Mylessa McCloud
    Six Boroughs

One by one the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers players brushed their fingers past the worn jersey of Rhia Grames. It had brought them much luck this season. They would need it for today’s final match up where a win would launch them into the post-season with good positioning for a deep run. Today, after all, was the closest rivalry in all of Limmiedom, the ‘Slugfest’.

Mylessa adjusted the headset around her neck as her players came filing out of the tunnel, heads held high, faces taut with anticipation of rolling Ylesia up in the pitch of Six Boroughs. She shook hands with every single player as they walked past her. She could tell they were ready to make a push for the Cup. She could tell that they were in a good position to make their final mark on their great record for the season. She felt proud of how this team had come together following an incredibly strong draft by the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers.

Mick Steel and Sa’Akhuun, two local talents, had really brought their best game this year and reminded McCloud of her debut year with the team in ’76. That hadn’t been that long ago. The offense was currently rated second-best in the league, behind the bucket heads, but that didn’t bother her. What bothered her was how potent the offense could’ve been had she stayed in the lineup, had she not gone down with an injury last season that took her playing days away from her. Yet even though she missed being on the pitch she enjoyed coaching far more. It was a grand game of strategy. It was point and counterpoint with a little bit of chance thrown in. Sometimes the ball fell your way and sometimes it didn’t. That was the game. That was Elite League Limmie at its finest.

The game erupted at midfield.

Who would win was anyone’s guess….

Tag: Rebecca_Daniels

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Vesper Lynd
    Monarchs Stadium, Ryell, Rydonni Prime
    After ELL 280 Week 10, Monarchs at Demons, 17-1

Vesper sat back in her office and relished the feeling she got from looking over the stat sheets from last week’s match against the Demons. Two seasons ago Oss’irh’cgood set a team record of reaching six shutdowns in just two seasons. Then last season he set another record of reaching eight shutdowns in just three seasons. Both times he broke his current position coach, mentor, and friend, Mara Singus’, records. With the way the team was playing it looked unlikely that he would break her records of reaching nine shutdowns in five seasons and maintaining a consecutive shutdown streak.

But that all changed against the Demons.

The Monarchs defense was playing like a group possessed. Every time the bolo came on their side of the pitch at least three players swarmed to the ball. Even the times the Demons were able to slip out of the Monarchs trap, Oss’irh’cgood was on top of the shot in a heartbeat. It was a good thing that he was, as the offense, once again, under produced. With the exception of Maggie Adams, the rest of the offense was filled with missed opportunities, fumbled passes, and ill-timed turnovers.

Ossi and Maggie were the All-Stars of the Monarchs week 10 victory.

BUZZ!!! “Ms. Lynd? Mr. Crowley would like to see you in the General Manager’s office.”

“Thank you Lib. Please let Mr. Crowley know that I will be down shortly.”

After cleaning up her desk, Vesper hopped into her private turbolift and took it to the General Manager’s office. Without being announced, Vesper walked right in the double-doored office and made her way to the drink cart along the windows overlooking 4th Fleet Field. “What can I do for you Romo?”

“Why don’t you have a seat Vesper?” Romo said matter-of-factly, “We need to have a frank conversation about your contract.”

TAG: Runjedirun (for the upcoming game)

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Week 11
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (3-33)
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Chandrila Patriots (8-16)
    Denon Demons at Carratos Pirates (3-22)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (21-37)
    Ylesia Lightning at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (8-5)
    Coruscant Senators at Bakura Miners (40-19)

It's too hard for me to do stats and standings on a tablet, so those will come tomorrow. However, you're all smart. You can figure it out in the meantime. :)

23. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, cruddy, osikla and just not very fun Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit, we're the Guardians of the Galactic Cup..."

"Well we were."

"Right, we were. The ELL will be crowning a new champion this season. Anyway, I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Not sure if I have a big show in me today Randy, that was heartbreaking."

"Yeah, yeah it was. And if the Mercs would have won it would have been historic by forcing the tie break of doom in the Skywalker, and we would have been in the playoffs. A win and they were in."

"Yeah despite you getting the playoff tie breaker wrong last week Kitterich."

"Thanks Liz, not that it matters now. Of course while the Mercs were playing for a chance at a historic tie breaker, another kind of history was made on Hapes yesterday."

"That's right Randy, the Mercs were playing for a chance at the playoffs. A chance to to defend their Galactic Cup, but thosee Hapan players. man they were fightingfor a chance at equality on Hapes."

"Yeah, no matter how much the playoffs might matter, that kind of emotion, that kind of motivation, trumped it. They really played their hearts out."

"They were playing for their lives out there, and now half of the C-Bucs victories this season came as a direct result of allowing male players on their squad."

"And they played great, they crushed us, the defending Galactic Cup champions. Given that the C-Bucs weren't going to make the playoffs anyway, this was the greatest stage those players could have hoped for and they took advantage of it. I realy hope it helps propel them to break through the barriers imposed on them."

"So do I, Randy, So do I."

"Of course the Mercs did make it a bit easier for them. Connor started in place of the injured Katan."

"Katan is actually undergoing season ending surgery as we speak guys, word just came in over the ticker."

"So he was really not ready to go yesterday."

"Had his final evaluation right before the game. He could have given it a shot, but the chance at causing additional damage was too great. The surgery should put an end to those worries but..."

"Recovery time?"

"He should be ready by the time training camp starts."

"So even if he is voted onto the All-Star Game roster, he won't be able to play in the ASG."

"Right."

"And after surgery like this there are no promises that he will be back to his form of a season ago where he helped anchor a dominant Mercs defense."

"Well this season a defensive disaster."

"No kidding, if the Mercs could have stopped anybody they would have been made the playoffs and made waves in them."

"The offense really was fantastic even with the loss of Daryc and the installation of Jaing as the team's offensive spark plug. But you're right, the defense was horrible."

"Well don't expect an easy fix there. Sadly the draft is looking thin so far at all the defensive positions and there is no help, no help at Concordia. Right now they are last or near last in both offense and defense."

"Mercs are going to have to figure out a way to bring some balance back to a defensive unit that due to injury may be without their starting goaltender of the past few seasons."

"I hate to say it because I really like her, but Connor has not looked good at all between the pipes."

"They may have to go goaltender in the draft again."

"Mercs may have a lot of needs this off season. They stand to lose a ton of talent in free agency. Beaux Jackson, Lenny Jowa, "Slappy" Patton along with rookie starter Jo Hadon are all free agents on the defensive side of the ball."

"The Mercs should let Hadon go, he stunk."

"I think he was a major factor in this unbalanced defense. Hadon was supposed to be this great coverage guy, and he just couldn't hack it. Once opposing teams saw that, they exploited it. I think you're right, the Mercs may just let him go, but lets face it, there really isn't much in the cupboard to replace him with."

"Mercs are going to have some decent draft picks. Any chance they might try to pull off a trade and bring in an all star defensive talent?"

"Doubtful, but knowing Vizsla he will try. He's not a man afraid to make a splash."

"Well he better make it a doozy, Jackson and Patton were both really upset the way this season worked out. They figured to duke it out over the starting CB spot opposite Mauntak, but they both lost out to Hadon."

"He stunk!"

"I wouldn't be surprised if they both left but like we said earlier about Hadon, there isn't much there in the way of easy replacements for the team."

"A hard enough push may convince one or the other to stay."

"Either one only stays if they are promised the starting job. As to Jowa, I've been hearing that he wasn't pleased at being put on the trading block several times over the past few years. I know there isn't much out there to replace him, but look for him and the Mercs to part ways."

"Yeah, with Ike Tullo holdong down that position for the next few years I can't see the Mercs paying to keep Jowa. I don't really see anyone else out there to draft or trade for either. Still I don't think many other teams are chomping at the bit to bring him in. I bet he ends up staying after testing the free agent market and not being happy with what he sees."

"More problems for the defense, Manta Se'o and Paul Rooker are both free agents at halfback."

"They played great a season ago and just so-so this past season but..."

"Yeah, Se'o is a former all-star so that helps his case, and Rooker is the kind of hard hitter that defensive coordinator Killer K'Karlson really loves."

"Yup. I think they will both be back, but they need bounce back years for the Mercs next season if they are to prove their worth."

"Short term contracts for them both?"

"Probably, though if the Mercs like what they see in the draft I can see them both being allowed to hit the open market."

"Back to square one for the Mercs defense at that point."

"With the way the defensive unit played this past season, a total revamp may be a blessing."

"Probably. The team has other potential free agents too, including Johnny Clipboard."

"Even money on whether he will be back or not."

"The team needs someone decent to backup Langdon and there is no way the team keeps Ariota who is also a free agent at that position."

"So it's keep Lieznam, go with the draft..."

"Again no one too exciting there"

"Or try to pick up someone's cast off."

"Trade is always an option too."

"I don't like the idea of having to trade for a backup."

"What if we trade for someone better than Langdon and that puts her on the bench?"

"The offense runs through Jaing though. I think bringing in another star on offense causes problems, there just wouldn't be enough possessions to go around."

"Fair point."

"Speaking of Jaing, Jaya Tam is as good as gone. She thought the starting center HF slot was hers after Daryc retired, but Jaing grabbed it in training camp and never let go. The rookie of the year candidate will most certainly be re signed by the team and has a strangle hold on that spot for years to come."

"Yeah, Tam wants to start and she won't get the chance here. She gone."

"Irvin did great at midfield starting opposite team captain Argo Mor'kesh, I bet the rookie gets his contract extended."

"Another of Jaing's rookie compatriots is Lovnivek at forward. He is saying that he wants to return too. Look for the Mercs to bring back the Zabrak."

"His injury killed us this season, once he came back they seemed to get their groove back offensively, it just wasn't enough to get us back into the playoffs."

"Another offensive starter, Kad Mereel at corner forward, will also probably be back."

"Ya know? He tends to get over shadowed at times by Fu Arock's personality, but he may actually be the better player. The way the Mercs work now with the Center HF feeding the two corner forwards look for Mereel to be retained, and probably earn a decent raise in the process."

"Other backup players like Robacca at fullback and Lexi Seevers at corner forward will probably both be let go."

"Yeah they rarely saw the field anyway, though I could see one or even both brought back as depth players."

"A lot depends on how the draft goes."

"ugh, to be talking about the draft for the Mercs instead of the playoffs."

"Yeah, it stinks, and we have a long time to talk about it before the draft us upon us. Speaking of talking about it, we're going to open up those comm lines now, so give us a shot and let's talk about how the season ended and where y'all think the Mercs should go from here. I know everyone has their own opinion, so let's here it, give us a call right here on the fandaloran!"

Later in the show...

"OK thanks for that CloneFan from Kyrimorut. I agree, the Miners defense was a mess too this year and they may be looking to clean house, but that doesn't really affect us."

"What if they let go of Horst Penn, or made him available in a sign and trade?" CloneFan wasn't giving up.

"Whoa..."

"Is Penn a free agent this off season?"

"Yes he is."

"Well..."

"OK yeah, I like the idea of bringing him in as Ike Tullo's backup. Like we said, the Miner's defense was about as bad as ours was this season, so I'm not sure I would trust him..."

"Penn."

"...as the... yeah Penn. As the starter, but he would make a pretty damn good backup."

"I don't think the Miners are going to let him go though."

"Even if they did he would probably get confused and show up to Miner's camp anyway."

"Oh my gods, he probably would. Wouldn't that be a disaster?"

"OK, thanks for calling CloneFan, you're a fan of the show and we love ya. But now I want to switch gears a little bit and talk about the playoffs."

"Do we have to?"

"Hey, I know it hurts missing out and not getting a chance to defend the title."

"Especially on the last day of the season."

"But, but, even though we're fans, we still have a job to do, and we have our predictions sure to be wrong to make with regards to the playoffs."

"OK. Fine. I haven't even looked, what's the first matchup?"

"Rangers at Patriots."

"You sure? Those tie breakers can be a real shabuir."

"I'm..."

"OH BURN!"

"OK, OK, that was funny."

"Can I..."

"No. Let us savor the moment."

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." Liz, Randy and Justion all sighed in unison.

"You done now?"

"Yeah OK.

"For now."

"OK. OK. First match is Rangers and Pats, who ya got Justin?"

"I'm thinking Patriots hold home turf and they get the win."

"I don't know, Rangers looked pretty good for most of the season."

"They're tough, they're tough. But the Patriots will do anything, anything to win. Especially when it comes to the post season. And their fanbase is nuts, I think a loss here will completely deflate them."

"Listen, the only way the Pats get by the Rangers is if they spy on their practices and have the playbook basically right there in front of them. No way the Pats get by the Rangers."

"Well. Knowing them they might do that, but I don't think they need. to."

"Yeah we are parsecs apart on this one. What's the first match up in the Solo?"

"This one is more straightforward, no tie breaker here..."

"Thank the gods, at least we know it's right then."

"...Lightning at Senators."

"Senators are hungry, it's been awhile for them. But, the Lightning this season remind me of the Mercs last season, don;t bet against them in this first round match. I see them beating the Senators in a close one."

"No way, the Sens closed out the season on a tear. Did you see what they did to the Miners? No way they lose this game."

"So, now we're disagreeing on both 1st round games."

"Typical."

"OK, yeah. But where does that put us going into the Conference title round?"

"Randy has the Rangers at Nar Shaddaa..."

"Love that match up, and I know those punks on Nal Hutta's moon are scared to death, to death!, of this game."

"...Justin has the Pats at Nar Shaddaa."

"Again, I think the Pats find a way to win here. I know Nar Shaddaa has a lot of playoff experience, but some key players there are rookies. Can McCloud do what Ryi Kor'le did last season and take her team to the Title game? I don't think so. I am going with the Patriots. Randy?"

"Look, I know the Rangers have been a thorn in the side of that team from Nal Hutta's moon for a long long time. And this game could be a way of exorcising some old demons there..."

"Yeah."

"But it's not going to happen, the Rangers will crush that gutless punk team's spirits and send their fans home crying again. Rangers win, and win big to get to the Galactic Cup finals on Ralltiir!"

"Oh they are going to love you on Nar Shaddaa for that one."

"I don't care! Let them hate me, I'm a Mercs fan baby!"

"You guys done?"

"Ummm sure."

"Yeah I'm good. Where do we stand with the Solo at this point?"

"Well you two again have different match ups. Randy has the lightning at Monarchs, and Justin has the Senators at Monarchs."

"Well, as much as I think the Lightning reminds me of the Mercs last season, I don't see them pulling off what we did to earn our Cup. I just don;t think they beat this Monarchs team."

"Winners of the Commissioner's Trophy."

"And no team is more playoff tested than they are..."

"I agree Randy, and I think they blow the pants off of the Senators to get to their third straight Galactic Cup finals."

"Yeah, but do you see them winning this time?"

"Against the Patriots? Yeah, yeah I do. I think this is the year they finally break through and take home the Cup. I know it's picking against our Conference, but the Monarchs will be this season's champions."

"I disagree, I disagree. That Rangers team is tough, really tough. I think that feasting on the bones of that team from Nal Hutta's moon will only whet their appetite. It will be close, but in the end the ghosts of Finals past will catch up to the Monarchs and they go home with another tough, tough loss."

"Wow, you're just going after oppssing fanbases today aren't you?"

"Hey, it's just how I see it."

"Well time will tell if you're wrong."

"If I'm wrong, I'll..."

"You'll what?"

"I'll nothing, because knowing me I am probably wrong."

"Yeah, just look at last season's predictions."

"Were there tie breakers last season too?"

"Never going to live that down am I?"

"NOPE!" Justin and Liz cried out together.

"OK, we have to go to break, Kitterich has to find the last shredded remains of his dignity and Justin has to rethink all of his picks because he is wrong, dead wrong! But we'll be back, so stay right here and give us your playoff thoughts when we come back, right here on the fandalorian!"

TAG: jcgoble3 (for our game) Vehn, CPL_Macja, Rebecca_Daniels, Jedi Gunny for team mentions in the Pitt's playoff analysis. Good luck to all, and may the best PC team win.

[​IMG]

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Final Standings
    Skywalker Conference
    • Nar Shaddaa Smugglers [Vehn, Mylessa McCloud (offensive coordinator)] (6-5, conf. 3-2)
    • Chandrila Patriots (6-5, conf. 3-2)
    • Kashyyyk Rangers (6-5, conf. 3-2)
    • Mando'ade Mercs [Bardan_Jusik, Randy "the rancor"/Justin Pitt (sportscasters)] (5-6, conf. 2-3)
    • Carratos Pirates [galactic-vagabond422, Geoff Copin (head coach)] (4-7, conf. 2-3)
    • Hapes Consortium Buccaneers [jcgoble3, Tendra Nalo (player)] (2-9, conf. 2-3)
    Solo Conference
    • Rydonni Prime Monarchs [CPL_Macja, Romo Benedict Crowley III (head coach)/Vesper Lynd (owner)] (7-4, conf. 4-1)
    • Coruscant Senators [Jedi Gunny, Briar Thorne (general manager)/Christine Gamble (player)] (7-4, conf. 3-2)
    • Ylesia Lightning [Rebecca_Daniels, Mirik Chal (general manager)/Zoa Vra (player)] (6-5, conf. 3-2)
    • Bakura Miners [Trieste, Alana Glencross (player)] (6-5, conf. 2-3)
    • Denon Demons (6-5, conf. 2-3)
    • Ralltiir Starkillers [Runjedirun, Ty Allin (player)/Madelyne Vigo (general manager)] (5-6, conf. 1-4)
    Skywalker Conference Tiebreak:
    • All three teams tied in overall record
    • All three teams tied in conference record
    • Circular tie in head-to-head-to-head:
      • Week 3: Kashyyyk Rangers def. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
      • Week 7: Nar Shaddaa Smugglers def. Chandrila Patriots
      • Week 11: Chandrila Patriots def. Kashyyyk Rangers
    • Point differential:
      • Nar Shaddaa Smugglers: +63
      • Chandrila Patriots: -12
      • Kashyyyk Rangers: -14
    • Nar Shaddaa receives top Skywalker Conference spot and bye week
    • Rangers will play at Chandrila
    Solo Conference Tiebreak:
    • Teams tied in overall record
    • Teams tied in conference record
    • Bakura won head-to-head tiebreak in Week 7
    Galactic Cup Playoffs
    Conference Semifinals
    (3) Kashyyyk Rangers at (2) Chandrila Patriots
    (3) Ylesia Lightning at (2) Coruscant Senators

Conference Finals
    ??? at (1) Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    ??? at (1) Rydonni Prime Monarchs

The Rydonni Prime Monarchs win the Commissioner's Trophy for 280 and will receive the award on field prior to the Solo Conference Championship game from Deputy Commissioner Esther Gondorf.

HSN Morning Headlines
    • Alyda Hovechar (MF) being shopped by Ralltiir Starkillers for trades
    • Starkiller Hall of Famer Loren Jul in negotiations with Ralltiir, reportedly discussing head coach position
    • League releases current draft order for non-playoff teams:
      • Carratos Pirates
      • Ralltiir Starkillers
      • Mando’ade Mercs
      • Bakura Miners
    • Hapes has yet to signal its intention regarding the Draft
    • Queen Mother of Consortium issues landmark three word statement regarding Mercs/Bucs game: “We are pleased.”
    • League official schedule for 280 Galactic Cup Playoffs
      • Commissioner Lokensgaard will attend Solo Conference Semifinal (Lightning at Senators) and Skywalker Conference Final at Nar Shaddaa
      • Deputy Commissioner Gondorf will attend Skywalker Conference Semifinal (Rangers at Patriots) and Solo Conference Final at Rydonni Prime
      • Both will attend Galactic Cup Final on Ralltiir
    • Senators post best offense for 280
    • Smugglers have top defense, point differential of season
    • In college limmie news, Atalanta University wins second Bak10 title in four years with rivalry week win over Evenvale, securing Carnation Bowl berth

• ELL releases All-Star Game rosters
    • Tendra Nalo voted captain of Skywalker Conference, Shady Lereoux to be assistant captain
    • No word on whether Nalo's injuries will enable her to attend ASG
    • Oss’irh’cgood and Alana Glencross to co-captain Solo Conference
    Skywalker Conference
    • Head Coach: Mylessa McCloud (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Starters
    • Goalkeeper: Jayla Leed (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Defender: Eponette “Ponie” Ternardiel (Carratos Pirates)
    • Defender: Zelena Wiles (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Defender: Tiffany Case (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Midfielder: Erin Windreaver (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Forward: Tendra Nalo (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Forward: Fu Arock (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Forward: Shady Lerouex (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Reserves
    • Goalkeeper: Keline Socken (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Defender: Tuvaash Mauntak (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Defender: Jerrod Nabak (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Defender: Mikia Sandin (Carratos Pirates)
    • Midfielder: Argo Mor’kesh (Mando’ade Mercs)
    • Forward: Leigh Cavanagh (Carratos Pirates)
    • Forward: Wai Lin (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Forward: Krad (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    Solo Conference
    • Head Coach: Gaeriel Valerii (Bakura Miners)
    Starters
    • Goalkeeper: Oss’irh’cgood (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Defender: Christine Gamble (Coruscant Senators)
    • Defender: Ty Allin (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Defender: Aley Helios (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Midfielder: Alana Glencross (Bakura Miners)
    • Forward: Leia Adama (Coruscant Senators)
    • Forward: Vesper Lynd (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Forward: Li Roy Jinkins (Denon Demons)
    Reserves
    • Goalkeeper: Lizbit Comstock (Bakura Miners)
    • Defender: Izez Danan (Denon Demons)
    • Defender: Klay Mettews (Coruscant Senators)
    • Defender: Sugnok Umanh (Denon Demons)
    • Midfielder: Xander Darkrider (Denon Demons)
    • Forward: Zoa Vra (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Forward: Sula Le’kri (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Forward: Maggie Adams (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    --IMPORTANT EDIT--

Season awards nominations are now open! Please send them to me before scores on Sunday so I can announce the ballot with Semifinal results. :D

25. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Sub–GM Post

Bonus rolls this week to (points in parentheses): Byblos Red Wings (28), Concordia Crusaders (30), Gallinore Firedrakes (30), Tatooine Sandskimmers (30), and Thyferra Force (28).

Limmie Futures League
    Week 10
    Gallinore Firedrakes at Byblos Red Wings (26–28)
    Concordia Crusaders at Eriadu Thunder (25–12)
    Thyferra Force at Tatooine Sandskimmers (28–5)

Final Standings:

1. Thyferra Force (7–3)
    2. Byblos Red Wings (6–4)
    3. Eriadu Thunder (5–5)
    4. Tatooine Sandskimmers (5–5)
    5. Concordia Crusaders (4–6)
    6. Gallinore Firedrakes (3–7)

Tiebreaker: Eriadu swept Tatooine in Weeks 2 and 8.

Futures Cup Playoffs
    First Round
    (6) Gallinore Firedrakes at (3) Eriadu Thunder
    (5) Concordia Crusaders at (4) Tatooine Sandskimmers

Semifinals
    TBD at (1) Thyferra Force
    TBD at (2) Byblos Red Wings

Futures Cup Final
    Financial Square Arena, Cambrielle, Ralltiir
    TBD vs. TBD

TAG: CPL_Macja Bardan_Jusik Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny, CPL_Macja and Trieste like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.