main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Tendra Nalo
    Location: War room, Consortium Convention Center, Ta'a Chume'Dan, Hapes
    Time: Draft night

Tendra watched as Leota announced the next pick.

"With the seventeenth selection in the 281 Elite League Limmie Draft, the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers select Deion Te'Deum, Forward, Vertical City University.

"The Carratos Pirates are now on the clock."

Tendra took a deep breath. It was another man, but this one might actually end up on Gallinore anyway. Nobody was sure if he had the skill set needed to make it in the ELL, but if not, they had a couple of reserve forwards who had proven themselves in limited playing time, some experienced options already on Gallinore who had played the Mercs game, as well as one final draft pick.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422

Trieste, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Logan Manx
    Logan’s Apartment, O’Pahz, Carratos

“The Carratos Pirates are now on the clock.” The C-Bucs coach, Leota Avoy, says. My heart rate spikes,

“Don’t pick him,” I say aloud to the holo projector, “Schnitt don’t you dare pick him, take Hays or Juice they’re better players. Force, take anyone but him.” I stare intently on the podium waiting for the white haired GM to walk on stage. We may need another forward but, we need to pick better, or we will be the laughing stock of the draft just like last season. The pit in my stomach continues to grow with each passing second. Then finally Schnitt strides on stage,

“With the eighteenth selection in the 281 Elite League Limmie Draft,”

“Don’t pick him,” I call again during a slaight pause

“The Carratos Pirates select,”

“I’m begging you Schintt anyone but him,”

“Opechan Canough from the College of Isla and Joreb,”

“No, no, no, no, no, NO.” I voice rises with every word, as the young low ranked forward walks to the platform. He is wearing standard pants, a sleeveless mantel made out of a thin animal hide, which is about waist length over a standard collared shirt and a necklace of sea shells. His hair is shaved on the right side and long and braided on the left. His skin is reminiscent of clay with high iron oxide content. As he takes the jersey he lets out an ululating shout, the I&J war cry. I hear no response, not surprising Isla and Joreb is a rather small but, old school, known more for their academics than their athletics. This is the first time, to the best of my knowledge, a Tribesmen has even appeared in the draft.

“The Ralltirr Starkillers are on the clock.” I clench my fist. Opechan was second to last in the rankings with at least two better players in front of him. There was no reason why we should have picked him. I check my chrono, I should get going don’t want to keep sis waiting.

TAG: Runjedirun

Trieste, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    From the Data Pad of Tomas Vigo

Draft Day (Part 4, 12:05AM)

I'm going to be honest, I'm surprised there are still a few decent picks on the board. Lucie has been nagging me to go to bed. She says we can find out who these final picks were when we wake up tomorrow. But I don't see her leaving her spot on the sofa. It's too bad we don't need a keeper the top prospect in that position is still available. My dad may have picked him up just for insurance. I don't think we are going to do that in this situation though. Here comes Loren Jul and my mother to make the pick. A sure sign that we are picking up another offensive player. Oh my goodness, Willi Mayes and Kenny Wrehase were teammates on Dennon. We are about to snag the dynamic duo. Coach Jul is approaching the podium. "With the 19th pick of the 281 Elite League Limmie draft the Ralltiir Starkillers Select Willi Mayes Hays," I was right! Jul just confirmed it.

Lucie just shut off the holo. She says we are going to find out the final picks in the morning. She's even holding out her hand for this data pad. She's smart to do that too, because I would just follow the draft from my room if I could. This is goodnight Starkiller fans. I'll catch you tomorrow with my reaction to our final pick.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik

Trieste, Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"The Mando'ade Mercs are now on the clock."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

"Well Justin we've had a great night here at the oyu'baat...

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

"...but barring trades it looks like it's coming to a close for the Mercs..."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

"Who do you think we go for here with our third round pick?"

"Fullback, with Jowa's departure it's the only position of need left for the Mercs."

"Well that would mean the Fondorian kid, Oneal."

"Yeah, not too thrilled with it, but it's just for the backup job..."

"Why not thrilled?"

"Well it's a position of need, but let's remember that Oneal was the lowest rated defender on the board coming into the draft."

"Sure about that?"

"Pretty sure K-Man."

"Because earlier you said that Williams was the highest rated forward..."

"I meant to say Half forward."

"Nope try again, that was Harkara."

"Well, I...hey I've been drinking tonight, like everyone else here in the oyu'baat..."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

"...so it's possible I made a mistake."

"That tihaar will knock you on your shebs."

"Possible you made a mistake?"

"Williams was the highest rated forward on the board when the Mercs made their pick, how about that?"

"I don't think..."

"Hold on the pick is in."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

"With the 20th overall pick in the 281 ELL First Year Player Draft the Mando'ade Mercs..."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

"...select, Shaq'ille Oneal, Fullback from the University of Kuat."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

"OK, so another predictable, safe pick from Vizsla here at number 20."

"They really didn't make a splash this draft like they normally do. Nothing like what the Monarchs or Smugglers..."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"...have done tonight."

"OK, so even though it's another safe pick, what did the Mercs get here?"

"The Bakura Miners are now on the clock."

"Well the kid is huge, but he is raw, like really really raw. He didn't start playing limmie until his senior year in High School, so he has a lot to learn."

"Kid that big didn't play limmie?"

"Yeah, he came up as a zoom ball player, and was a dominant, dominant athlete but he wanted to get into limmie and play the beautiful game so he dropped that when he got to KU."

"Wow, OK. So talent, but..."

"But his lack of understanding the game just yet really shows. He could really use a season or four down at Concordia to really learn and absorb as much as he can before playing at the ELL level, the learning curve there is just so steep."

"Luckily he won't just be thrown into the mix here then, I mean the Mercs drafted him to be a backup right?"

"Yeah, and he will get to sit on the bench and learn from one of the best in Ike Tullo."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

"Well next season is certainly looking interesting already, and with the Mercs..."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

"...done here for the night..."

"Barring trades."

"It looks like the next thing our great fans have to look forward to is training camp and seeing how Kor'le and her staff puts these players together."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

"We've got to go to break, but when we come back we'll see who the Miners..."

"...pick. So stay right here with us on the Fandalorian as we watch the draft from the oyu'baat cafe..."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!"

TAG: Trieste.

OOC: ...and a happy Independence Day to all of my American friends out there. [face_flag]

[​IMG]

5. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Because when it’s not Limmie season the minutes seem like hours and the hours seem like days:

Friday

I want to give a shout out today to all my classmates and especially my friends at Cambrielle Academy. Today will be my final day attending classes at the Academy. I’m very excited about going to Mountain View High next term and I never imagined that it would be difficult to make this transition. It really is true that you never know what you have until you lose it. I learned that lesson when I lost my father. In this case my decision may seem selfish. Going to public school was my idea. I am doing what’s best for me. I’m not going to deny that. I want to play Limmie. Hopefully my true friends will support my decision.

As I am sure all my readers are aware while us school kids have some time off the professional Limmie players of the Galaxy are about to report to training camp. That includes the Ralltiir Starkillers. During the first few weeks Coach Till and Jul will be holding meetings and guiding the players through work outs. A lot of their time will be spent in the weight room and studying play books. For a few hours in the afternoon the players will hit the field. Some of the final practices before the team’s home opener on Ylesia will even be open to the public. By that time I’ll have my own try outs, but hopefully I’ll be able to catch some of those practices.

Until my own try outs begin at the high school I will be splitting my time between practicing with friends who I’ve played rec ball with in the past and assisting with practices for the Starkillers. Perhaps Coach will even let me work out with the team some. I suspect that mostly he will have me run around doing odd jobs for him and the team. My parents are strong proponents of what they call “developing work ethic”. I can’t be paid for helping out with the team until I turn 14 and I can apply for a work permit. At that time I’ll do just that so I can pick out my own clothes and Limmie gear and pay for it myself.

Here’s the way things work now: If I need a new pair of cleats for limmie or I want to go to a holo with my friends, mom and coach will write a list of jobs for me to do so I can earn whatever it is I want. When I am lucky its Limmie season and my odd jobs include helping out with the team. Speaking of which my mom is allowing me to have some friends over for dinner tonight and she’s buying dinner so I have to run and clean up the kitchen before I leave for school.

Saturday

It looks like I’ll be spending a lot more time than I thought at the stadium assisting with training camp for the next several weeks. As I was saying in my last post last night I had some friends over to the house to celebrate our last day of middle school. All of us had cleared the gathering with our parents. It was just me and four other guys my age. My mother ordered us some food and allowed us to eat on the pool deck. Let me get this out of the way now. Yes there’s a pool in my house. It’s bigger than some pubic pools. That’s because my dad messed up his knee so bad playing Limmie. Swimming was the only form of exercise he could manage by the time I came around. It’s why my older siblings weren’t really allowed to play the game. Mom didn’t want to see them limping around the way my father did on days when his knee really bothered him. Luckily not long after I was born my sister Lucie began dancing for the Starkillers. Later my older brother Bat got a job in concessions. I think my father saw buying the team as a way to bring my family closer.

Back to last night. My friends and I swam for a while and ate our dinner. Then since it was my final day ever at the Academy one of the guys asked me what I was going to do with my uniforms since I didn’t need them anymore. I told him he could have them, at first that’s what I thought he was asking since I’m taller. I thought maybe he would grow into them by next term. He called me a dufus for not understanding the question. My friends began to encourage me to burn my uniforms since I would no longer be needing them. I knew it wasn’t a good suggestion. Still it sounded fun and I’m not the kind to pass up on fun.

My little sister keeps my mom busy in the evenings and Coach was at the stadium. I suspected that with camp being only a few days away he’d be working late. So just after dusk we walked out the back door with some flint and my school uniforms. I’ve had to wear dress slacks and a blazer to school every day since before I was 5. I am not going to lie lighting those stiff, uncomfortable, dorky clothes on fire felt good. The evening got even better when I remembered that we had a bag of giant sized marshmallows in the kitchen. I snuck back in the house and I never did see my mom so I grabbed the marshmallows and some skewers.

The bag was nearly gone and my mouth was full of melty marshmallow goodness when a deep voice nearly scared the shavit out of me. Coach had come home earlier than I expected and he had seen the smoke when he set his speeder down in the driveway. Let’s just say he wasn’t too happy to see a fire burning in our backyard and he was even less pleased when he found out I had burned my school uniforms. He called my friends parents to pick them up and made me confess the whole thing to my mom. My mom claims she could have sold those uniforms and now I have to earn the funds back for destroying them. On top of that I have to be supervised by an adult at all times for the duration of school break. That means a lot of extra work around the house and the stadium. I’ll be doing as many chores as I can at the stadium because being around Limmie makes work seem less like work.

Monday

I worked at the stadium for several hours today, but not with the team. My mom has hired a construction crew to update some of the stadium’s amenities. The stadium is only 2 years old so you are probably wondering what my mother is updating. Well it was my father who designed the stadium and after being there most of last season with a newborn daughter my mom realized some things that families may need on game day were not available to them. Most notably my mom has added four nursing rooms to the stadium. Knowing that I’m pretty decent at art my mom is letting me paint a mural on a wall in one of them. My sister Lucie is doing a wall in one as well and my mom is painting another.

My mom wanted my niece, Zoey, to paint one as well. In fact she’s saving it for her. The problem is that my older sister took both her children to Corellia so they could visit with their father after last season ended. Justyne and Andres must of decided to patch up their marriage because they bought a house and I really don’t think Justyne is coming back to Ralltiir to live anytime soon. She already told Lucie not to put her on the dance team roster. I miss Zoey she was more like my younger sister than my niece and she was finally getting old enough that we could talk.

So even though I was working at the stadium, I was actually stenciling what will eventually be children playing bolo ball on the wall of a future nursing room. Aside from the fact that I have to use pastel colors to make it more “baby friendly” I think it’s coming along nicely. Coach didn’t keep the players late this evening. It was just orientation today so they were all gone by early afternoon. Which meant that coach helped me a little with my game after they had left. We didn’t do much skill work though, it was mostly conditioning drills. That’s what the team is going to be doing starting tomorrow he told me and I am allowed to join them for about an hour each afternoon if I want. I’m not allowed to hang out with kids my own age without supervision for a while and I want to make an impression at high school try-outs next month, so I’d say I lucked out.

(One week later) Monday

I have been really busy, my mural in the nursing room is almost done. Here’s a peak at what it looks like:

[​IMG]

I am proud of my art and I’m proud of my mom for welcoming families to the stadium. The kids that come to the stadium today will be fans of the team in the future. Which means someday they could be coming to cheer for me. Maybe some of them will even be inspired to play like I was.

I’ve been doing a lot more than just artwork this week though. I’ve also been allowed to work out with the team a little each afternoon. For now coach thinks an hour a day is probably best. He says my body is still developing and I don’t want to overwork it too early. Besides I’ll be doing more work-outs soon enough when I start playing for the high school. The biggest surprise of camp so far is the leading mid field options for the ’81 season. Hovechar has come out to prove herself. It’s just like we hoped she can’t wait to stick it to the rest of the league for not offering to take her in a trade when she was available. What’s even more surprising than Hovechar coming back to play midfield is who is stepping up to play her opposite. My brother, Bat.

Bat’s been working on his speed during the off-season. I know because we do sprints together sometimes and he always wins. Also he’s started doing longer conditioning runs. Aside from that, even though he probably doesn’t want anyone to know this, my brother is the best dancer in this family. His footwork coordination is second to none. My brother is also one of those beings that is really hard to stay mad at. He watches out for me when I’m on the field and treats me like one of the team. I like it that no one goes easy on me when we scrimmage or practice skills. High school try-outs should be a breeze.

(Two Weeks Later) Monday

We had a great family party this weekend. It was a nice break from training camp. We celebrated Ty Allin’s 30th birthday and my little sister turned 1. As a bit of a prank we decorated in black and did an “over the hill” theme for Ty. My sister is too young to even understand what a birthday is. My mom had a good time buying her new clothes and opening them all up for her. The best part of the evening for me was playing holo games with Coach, Ty and Bat. It got super competitive and we were up all night. Yesterday I slept most of the day to recover.

Coaches Till and Jul are doing something different this week. They are taking the players up to the mountains for conditioning. The air up there is thinner so you have to work harder just to breath. I accompanied the team this morning and I could feel the difference just keeping water bottles full. When it came time for me to do some of the drills with the team in the afternoon I struggled, but so did everyone else. I imagine that when we get back to our regular field next week conditioning up there is really going to pay off.

(Three Weeks Later) Monday

Today was the first day of Limmie try-outs at Mountain View high school. The head coach of the varsity squad didn’t even talk to the incoming freshmen. We were addressed by two other coaches. The junior varsity coach and a coach who coaches a freshman only team. I didn’t even know that team existed until today. Most freshmen play on the freshmen team we learned. A few of the most skilled could make JV, but we are going to have to work hard to prove ourselves. I was really disappointed. I want to play Varsity. I know I’m good enough. I’m hoping that as the week goes on and the coaches see just how good I am they’ll make an exception and at least have the Varsity coach take a look at me. I really want to talk to Coach Till about all this but the Starkillers season is getting closer by the day. Meaning Coach is almost never home and when he is he doesn’t really have time to talk.

Speaking of he Starkillers the schedule was released by the league last week along with the announcement that Kashyyyk will be joining us here in the Solo conference. Kashyyyk is a powerhouse that got all the way to the finals last season. In fact with this move both teams that made the finals last season are in our conference now. Coach did talk a little about this with the team while I was at the stadium late last week. He says we should embrace the challenge. No one is really expecting the Starkillers to be contenders this season. We have a lot of inexperienced and rookie players on our roster. To complement them though we have players like Allin, Poletin, Frokabukk, Hovechar and even Kaat Stun. It’s a good mix of proven talent and young blood. Here’s the starting roster we’ll be sending to Ylesia next week:

Goalkeeper: Kaat Stun
    Right Corner Back: Noah Till
    *Full Back: Ty Allin
    Left Corner Back: Leo Fostiir
    Right Half Back: Shen Shyall
    Center Half Back: Dev Poletin
    Left Half Back: Hamm Leak
    Midfielder: Bartholomew Vigo
    Midfielder: Alyda Hovechar
    Right Half Forward: Nikkola Gotsburg
    Center Half Forward: Frokabukk
    Left Half Forward: Yolanda Dunerider
    *Right Corner Forward: Kara Sureysh
    Full Forward: Kenny Wrehase
    Left Corner Forward: Nina Odette
    Since I did spend a lot of time at training camp with these players I’d like to go through the roster and briefly introduce each one to you. I’ll start with our coaches.

Head Coach Trey Till: Coach Till is one of those guys who can be your best friend one minute and your worst enemy the next. It’s even true that he and Ty Allin don’t get along all the time and they have been friends since Ty’s rookie year in ’71. Coach has a tough love relationship with everyone he comes in contact with. Coach thinks that during Limmie season nothing comes before Limmie. I’m used to an absent father figure. My own father was away on business a lot as well. I see my mother overwhelmed caring for my sister though and it wears on us as a family. Coach is willing to stop at nothing to win this team a cup. He’s putting the time in and missing his daughter’s milestone years. He reminds his players why they signed up for this team and guilt’s them into practicing late when he feels it’s necessary. Coach has made it clear this season that no one is getting special privileges and hard work will pay off. So far his players are buying in.

Head Coach Loren Jul: Jul is a much kinder sole than Coach Till. They complement each other well in that way. If a player needs an ear they are much more likely to be able to talk to Jul. Coach Till’s door is always open, but I think some of the players a bit intimidated by him. The offense is excited to work with Jul knowing she’s a hall of famer. There’s no doubt she’s the best thing that could have happened to our franchise this offseason.

Assistant Coach Gwynn Reeser: Gwynn was a midfielder for the Starkillers. She played in the ’71 season, but she was injured before the finals. She’s been coaching for my family since my family bought the team. Reeser specializes in midfield so I have gotten to work with her a lot. I like that she makes you do things over and over until you get them right. Sometimes it’s exhausting, but when you finally do get a skill you’ve mastered it and you feel great about yourself.

Kaat Stun: She’s relentless. She’s always sarcastic and can be downright rude. You can’t take Kaat seriously, ever. For instance since she heard about me burning the uniforms in my back yard she’s been calling me the “Pyro Kid”. What you really need to know about Kaat is that she loves to play keeper even though I doubt she’d admit it. She doesn’t let on that she likes anything. She’ll do everything in her power not to let a bolo ball in the net this season I can guarantee you that.

Noah Till: He’s quiet and you know what they say about quiet beings, they are the ones to watch for. Noah is seriously strong, he can take down offensive players twice his size. He’s also a rule follower. If his uncle asked him to walk a tight rope across the top level of the stadium he’d climb the ladder to do it without questioning the order.

Ty Allin: Ty is my best friend. Sometimes I wish he was my dad. Despite his affinity for joking around he’s a good role model and of course an excellent Limmie player. He’s the one player that will argue with coach when practice goes too late. He’s really committed to my sister and his boys. Still it’s more than obvious he puts plenty of time into his game. I think now that he’s had the proper treatments for his concussions that there will be no being able to stop him this season.

Leo Fostiir: Ralltiir’s “Golden Boy” grew up in a privileged neighborhood, never got in trouble, excelled in school and on the Limmie field. Now he’s studying under Till and Allin. If anyone has a bright future it’s Fostiir. Not to mention his reputation to charge his enemies, a trait that dubbed him “Leo the Lion” in high school and college ball.

Shen Shyall: She misses Roselli, but she understands that Limmie is a business. Shen is excited to be back as a starter. My favorite thing about Shyall is that she’ll stand up to Kaat and tells her to cool her britches when she gets to be too much.

Dev Poletin: What can I say about Dev? You all know he’s proven to be an asset to our squad year in and year out. I think it’s more than safe to say we are all happy he’s back as a starter for our defense.

Hamm Leak: Our first round pick last season is finally getting the spotlight he deserves. He learned a lot coming off the bench last season and he can’t wait to prove himself as a starter. He won the spot over Lou Jeffers and this year’s pick up Wale Kell, so you know he worked hard for it.

Bartholomew Vigo: Has more to prove than anyone on this roster. He’s been working more extra hours than any other player to step up and prove he can complement Hovechar. He’s got the speed, he’s got the agility, and he’s got the Vigo name. I think he’s going to turn heads.

Alyada Hovechar: She’s already proven herself as one of the best midfielder’s on the pitch. Everyone on the team is excited she’s back. She can’t wait to get out there and run circles around every other Limmie player in the Elite League. I can’t wait to watch her.

Nikkola Gotsburg: First let me say that this entire offense was handpicked by Loren Jul, so you know they are the best of the best. Nikkola has never started in the Elite League, but she is going to create a buzz this season. She’s a team player, not ball hog, but she can score when you need her. A good fit for our offense.

Frokabukk: One of two players left from the original ’71 GCLA championship team. The other is Ty Allin. Need I say more? This Wookiee bleeds orange and blue.

Yolanda Dunerider: She was awesome in Tatooine. That talent will shine on the main stage just as much as it did there. She’s very excited about playing Limmie for the Starkillers. Yolanda is almost always the first player to arrive at the stadium each morning for practice.

Kara Sureysh: Handpicked by Loren herself all the way back in ’76 Kara has been a steady force for the Starkillers. Her game progresses every year so there’s no telling where she will take us this year.

Kenny Wrehase: Last year’s Helmsman winner. This guy is the Starkiller’s future and the future is bright. Wrehase is calling plays in practice he’s a natural leader and trusted by everyone despite his inexperience on this level.

Nina Odette: She played full forward last year and we had a really good start to our season. I don’t think the position was too much for her. I think she understands that Wrehase is just a better fit for the position and that she will compliment him well as his wingman.

So that’s our line up Starkiller fans. I won’t be able to go to Ylesia since I’ll be busy with try-outs for Mountain View, but I’ll be watching here at home with all of you. Safe travels to Coaches Till, Jul, Reeser, all of our staff and of course our 281 Ralltiir Starkillers!

Tag: Rebecca_Daniels

6. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Starkillers confirm that they are no longer shopping Alyada Hovechar
    • Fans on Ralltiir express concern regarding "unnecessary" stadium renovations when funds could go towards players
    • Similar questions have been raised about starting a rookie at full forward, even if that player won the Helmsman
    • Accusations of nepotism in putting Bat Vigo at midfielder have flown
    • In response owner Madelyne Till reminds fans that the first pre-season game hasn’t been played yet and asks for patience. In addition a section of 100,000 seats will be set aside as giveaways to winners of Show Your Pride Starkiller Fans contest winners. To enter Starkiller fans are to submit a 30 second holo showcasing their fandom for the Ralltiir Starkillers
    • Bakura Miner dither before selecting Full/Corner Back Er'gaia (Verpine, Self-Identified Female) from Chandrila A&M
    • Sloan: "Er'gaia was off the board, but she was part of back-to-back college finals with the Rovers. Given the length of a college playoff plus regular season, you don't do that unless you're stupid good. I mean crazy good. I mean really good. Because Er'gaia is neither stupid nor crazy."
    • Hapes returns to the clock for their last pick as draft winds down
    TAG: jcgoble3 Runjedirun

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Location: War room, Consortium Convention Center, Ta'a Chume'Dan, Hapes
    Time: Draft night

The argument in the war room for the Bucs' final pick (albeit a much more civil argument than had occurred for the first pick) was whether to take Asandry, the teammate of their last pick on offense, or to take a goalkeeper. Most believed that Owen Magnus, the man whose protest early last season had sparked the movement that had eventually led up to men playing the Mercs game and now being drafted, could hold down the goal, but others weren't convinced.

It was Tendra pointing out the need for a serviceable backup, given that the other keeper on Gallinore wasn't ready for the big show, that moved the argument in favor of a goalkeeper, and it was then noted that the top three keepers in the HSN rankings were still on the board, sealing the deal and the bargain.

As before, Leota announced the pick, but unusually for a late third-round pick, she carried a jersey for photo ops. "With the twenty-second selection in the 281 Elite League Limmie Draft, the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers select Kenrey Gatras, Goalkeeper, University of Coruscant."

As Tendra watched, the HSN feed switched to the waiting room, where Ken stood up and screamed "FINALLY!" Obviously, the top-ranked keeper had been expecting to go much earlier in the draft; indeed, most of the prominent mocks had listed him anywhere from mid-first to late second round. After slipping all the way to the third-to-last pick, he was clearly relieved to not have to go hunting as an undrafted free agent.

Ken came out on stage and posed with the jersey, then Leota returned to the podium. "The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers are now on the clock."

As Leota returned to the war room to finish things up, Tendra suspected that Owen Magnus would have a tough fight for the starting job. Ken Gatras clearly had a chip on his shoulder after slipping so far, and would be on a mission to prove his worth in training camp.

TAG: Vehn

Trieste and Jedi Gunny like this.
  8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Kelly Telaam
    Nar Shaddaa

Kelly had every reason to feel good right about now. Her team was assembled from a mix of veteran and rookie officiating personnel from the last few years. She was confident that they would uphold the integrity of the league on the pitch. She'd studied every personality prior to making her selections. It was necessary for her. There could be no wavering when it came to the rules and especially not at Six Boroughs during limmie season.

Kelly's datapad beeped one final time. That signaled the end of the 281 draft for Nar Shaddaa.

They had selected, Sol "Juice" Asandry , Forward, VCU.

[​IMG]

The local kid.

The one who caught everything thrown his way.

Kelly nodded her head in agreement. Figures the Smugglers would at least devote one pick to local talent. That was their way. Now she knew exactly what cast of characters she was going up against and that didn't intimidate her in the slightest.

Tag: Runjedirun

9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

Morning after the Draft

Hapes took that keeper after I went to bed last night. I'm disappointed, but not surprised. We don't need a keeper anyway, but we could have developed him on Tatooine for a few years. That's what we did with our final pick we filled a hole on the Sandskimmers roster with Lofykam from the University of Kashyyyk. She was the last offensive player on the board. It's true we have a defensive hole or two to fill on the Sandskimmers roster as well. My mom will reach out to some prospects in free agency to fill those holes, no doubt.

I hope everyone enjoyed watching the draft last night as much as I did. I am really looking forward to seeing how Leo Fostiir and Kenny Wrehase develop in camp. I'm still in shock that we snagged Wrehase. He was always on our radar, but we knew if we wanted Fostiir we had to take him first. So the rivalry with the Monarchs reignites. Let's hope Wrehase is ready to knock the champs off their throne.

Tag: Everyone since the draft is over, but especially CPL_Macja ;)

Trieste likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • HSN reports that Buccaneers GM Adanna Inviere and head scout Missy Fridway have each pleaded guilty to the charge of disorderly conduct
    • Inviere is fined 250 credits and required to perform 60 hours of community service, and receives a seven-day suspended jail sentence which will be vacated if there are no more offenses within two years
    • Fridway is fined 250 credits and required to perform 40 hours of community service, with no jail sentence
    • HSN legal analyst says that according to statements made in court, Inviere receiving the tougher punishment is a result of her being the initial aggressor in the physical fight
    • Inviere's statement to media on courthouse steps: "I have made a serious error in personal judgment, and now I must pay the price. I apologize to our fans for my actions in this incident, which I deeply regret but cannot take back. I will accept my sentence without argument, as well as any additional punishment that the Queen Mother and/or the Elite League see fit, and I promise that these actions will not be repeated."
    • Fridway leaves courthouse without speaking to media
    Friendlies
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Ylesia Lightning (11-27)
    Fondor Freedom at Coruscant Senators (Split Squad Black) (12-29)
    Mon Calamari Mariners at Coruscant Senators (Split Squad Orange) (12-10)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Draft Grades

Bakura Miners – A-

We took their grade down a notch with the off-the-board pick, but on the overall it’s the kind of Draft the Miners needed. They picked up two of the top three projected picks in our final Mock, and even their third-rounder is a champion despite not being on the HSN Rankings.

Carratos Pirates – B

They once again took local players, and while some of those moves look good, others left us wondering if they would have been better served looking elsewhere.

Coruscant Senators – B-

Organa is a good pick, but she doesn’t really fit an area of need right now for the Senators. Also, we graded them down for a questionable trade to get rid of their two later picks. Even if this was considered a weak draft, they’re still “rebuilding”, so we’re wondering what Briar Thorne was thinking when she agreed to that trade.

Hapes Consortium Buccaneers – B

The C-Bucs took not just one male player, but three! That’s a major paradigm shift right there. We think there were better options that Abreggado on the board, though, and they were graded down for having their GM be arrested. Because that totally should count against them in arbitrary rankings, right?

Mando’ade Mercs – A-

We really like the picks of Smalls and Williams, which give good value at their respective positions. Only reach pick was for Oneal, since they might have been able to find better value elsewhere on the draft board. But they obviously went for size, and that’s not a bad thing.

Nar Shaddaa Smugglers – D+

Again, we probably shouldn’t be grading the Smugglers for trading Jayla Leed . . . Jayla Leed . . . in draft pick rankings, but we think it was a bad decision. Trading away a franchise cornerstone for a second-round half forward is highly questionable at best, and replacing her with a potentially combustible rookie leaves us scratching our heads. Their draft picks have potential, but we hear that sparks could fly in the locker room at Six Boroughs, and that it won’t be those of romance.

Ralltiir Starkillers – A

The Starkillers cleaned up at the Draft, picking up top-rated players in the first round and then completing the trifecta with Kell in the second round. They found some good players who should contribute immediately.

NOTE: The Rydonni Prime Monarchs do not receive a draft grade due to not having any draft selections. However, they earn a double A+ for their trades. They turned weak picks in a weak draft into gold. Now we have to see if all that star talent they brought in will play nice with their championship team.

Trieste, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Minister for Sport and Culture of the Hapes Consortium announces that the Queen Mother has dismissed Adanna Inviere as general manager of the Buccaneers
    • Statement from the Crown: “The Buccaneers' failure to reach the playoffs over the last three years is unacceptable. Our general manager’s recent actions have expended our patience.”
    • No word on a successor yet
    • Starkillers sign Jaya “Barefoot” Tam (HF) and Robacca (FB) to free agent contracts

TAG: jcgoble3 Runjedirun

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Elite League Offices, Coruscant

“Queen Mother sacked Inviere,” Gondorf reported.

“Mmmm. A bit extreme,” Lokensgaard murmured, “but the optics weren’t good.”

“She was contrite.”

Lokensgaard shrugged. “It’s the Consortium. They get catty sometimes.”

“That’s stereotypical and unfair,” Gondorf said.

“So don’t put it in the press release.”

“You want one?”

“No, remain silent. It’s a team matter. Inviere was punished on her way out the door. No need for us to pile on. It was a fist fight and it wasn’t even on field,” Lokensgaard said with a wave of his hand, “It’s not like she murdered someone.”

“As you wish. Speaking of discipline…” Gondorf slid a datapad across Lokensgaard’s desk.

With arched eyebrows of curiosity, Fenrir picked it up. It was the referee squad schedules for the season. Fenrir flipped through them, stopping at Kelly Telaam’s team. “Heavy on the Smugglers schedule there.”

“She requested it,” Gondorf said.

“She going to be able to maintain objectivity seeing a team that much?” Lokensgaard asked.

“Chief of officials assures me she will.”

Lokensgaard was quiet for a moment. “When will I see her ref?”

“Week 6.”

“And?”

“That’s it.”

“What do you mean, ‘that’s it’?” Lokensgaard asked, “I only see the Smugglers play once this season?”

“That’s the case with Kashyyyk, Denon, and Ylesia as well,” Gondorf said.

Fenrir nearly tossed the datapad across the room. “And I’m going to see the Miners three times this season?”

“And Mando’ade.”

“Esther, how did we allow this to happen?” Lokensgaard shouted, jumping to his feet, “There’s already a perception that I’m a Mando-loving Trieste puppet and this isn’t going to help!” He jabbed a finger into the datapad screen--which thankfully held firm--to make his point.

“You looked at the schedule before you okayed it,” Gondorf pointed out.

“That didn’t mean I read it and counted everything in it! That’s your job!”

“Grow up,” Gondorf said rolling her eyes. The way she was reacting to the fit was proof it happened often enough that she was no longer fazed by it. “It’s not the end of the galaxy. You’ll be fine.”

“Mando’ade I wouldn’t have minded,” Lokensgaard groused, “but Bakura...terrible. Absolutely terrible.” He sighed. “Have you looked at the ref schedules?”

“Of course I have.”

“Anything I should know about?” Lokensgaard asked.

“No.”

“Anything?”

“No.”

“Send it,” Fenrir said crisply.

Telaam Official Team Schedule
    Week 1: Kashyyyk Rangers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Week 2: Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Carratos Pirates
    Week 3: Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Week 4: Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Bakura Miners
    Week 5: Kashyyyk Rangers at Ylesia Lightning
    Week 6: Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Denon Demons
    Week 7: Chandrila Patriots at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Week 8: Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Ylesia Lightning
    Week 9: Ralltiir Starkillers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Week 10: Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Mando'ade Mercs
    Week 11: Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

14. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Christine Gamble
    Senator Stadium, Game One, Split Squad Black vs. Fondor Freedom

Christine sat on the sidelines wearing her black warmups, ready to watch the Split Squad Black team play against the Fondor Freedom. It was Game One of the Senator Doubleheader afternoon, the culmination of SenatorFest. The stands were pretty packed; although it was just a pair of friendlies, where the full team wasn’t on the field at the same time, the cheaper tickets, plus the ability to use admission for both games, was enough to get people into the stands. If the team could sell extra concessions for the pair of games, they could recoup some of the losses on the ticket sales. Plus it allowed the starters and reserves to get necessary playing time together, should it happen during the season. With substitutions, bench players could be forced to play with Leia Adama or with Christine herself, and it would be vital for those second-string players to feel comfortable with the established stars and first-string players. So it was an interesting gamble to take by Senators management.

The Black split squad was up first, wearing the usual black uniforms with the orange highlights. Across the field from them were the Fondor Freedom, who hadn’t been contenders in the Premier League in years but would still test the split squad. The squad was captained by full captain Leia Adama, the full forward, and around her was the stronger of the two offensive units for the split squads. She had fellow Ingbrand winner Zuzu Nuun at the corner, as well as 280 starter Lorryk Fey’limm and experienced Ava Killenger at the half forward spots. The defense was weaker than the Orange team, with only two starters from the 280 season on the roster in Zen Keisel and Jamee Meels. Those two weren’t the strongest defenders on the team, so there was some criticism of how the split squads were built. But Camille Montes, the starting goalie, would play for the Black squad, so they had some leeway compared to rookie Oola Ban taking the field for Christine’s Orange team in goal.

The Black team took the initiative early, ramming the Freedom defense early with an Adama goal. She found space and punched the ball into the back of the net. She scored another goal soon afterwards on a feed from Killenger. The Freedom responded by double-teaming the full forward, but she played decoy as the ball went around the formation. Fey’limm found Killenger hanging out by the goal, and the half forward then passed to a streaking Nuun for a clear shot on goal. A It was 9-0 Senators about ten minutes in, and the Black team coasted from there.

The second half was more of the same. Keisel was making good plays, and Rickard Herman, the backup corner back, was a beast on the other end. The hastily thrown-together half back squad, with Jamee Meels, Melina Havelock, and Chestnut Reeser, did their job despite not making every play, and Montes looked solid in goal. There were still questions on if Montes was the Senators’ goalkeeper of the future, since she had never won a playoff game and had wilted under pressure in many instances, but for the moment she was all the team had. She was at least experienced, unlike Ban, the rookie whose career had once looked like an LFL lifer before she anchored a surprising Thyferra defense en route to a 280 LFL title. Montes was easily the starter, but there was a big drop-off after her.

A 29-12 win by the Split Squad Black was followed by an intermission for the Orange team to warm up, and eventually Christine was out on the field to take on the Mon Calamari Mariners. The Mariners had once been a dominant franchise in the Elite League, but had that status no longer as they scuffled in the Premier League. But Christine wasn’t going to take them for granted; they were still in between her and a win.

“We’re going to take it hard to them today,” she told her orange-clad teammates. Some of them had broken out brand-new orange cleats as part of the uniform set, making them even more orange. It was a lot of color contrasting the white and light blue Mariners uniforms.

The game was a hard-fought one on both sides. The Orange team offense struggled as was expected, since starter Becki Morlan was still unavailable to play after recently giving birth to a son. Callie Polarez was playing in her place, and she was very inexperienced at the ELL level. On the flip side, the Senator defense was strong, and they were turning the Mariners back. Although Ban was playing in this stadium for the first time, she seemed to be doing enough to give her team a chance to win. Christine and company were doing their best to help the Twi’lek rookie settle in, and it seemed to be working. Longtime pro Alysha Romax was working well with first-round rookie Grace Organa. The rookie was making plays and being a nuisance for the Mariner midfielders. At one point she went up and full-body tackled the Mon Calamari man whom she was matched up against.

The score was tied at 9 at halftime, and when the game restarted, the Mariners took the initiative. They attacked the half back line, trying to take on Mettews or Meter. Finally they found a hole, and Christine barely missed out on a tackle before being crunched by a Quarren forward. The goal went up on the board, and the crowd groaned. Their defense had given up an easy goal right there, and Christine smacked the ground as she got up from the hit. That hadn’t been the plan right there; someone had blown their assignment. But she wasn’t going to point fingers; that kind of play had several blown assignments, most likely, and they would have to work on it in practice.

Natasha Ehlers scored a bar point five minutes later after getting a nice feed from Harper Rice, the rookie from Bakura who had gone undrafted in 280 but had signed on with Thyferra and provided them a nice offensive spark in their title run. The deficit was cut to 12-10, and a goal would push the home team to a lead.

Christine kept with her matchup this time. She kept her hands in close proximity to the Mon Calamari female, and was able to knock a ball away from getting to the matchup by getting her hands in there to break up the pass. It was a good play from the fan-favorite corner back, and the crowd appreciated the effort. Christine then tackled her matchup to make sure she couldn’t get the ball, and hoped that someone else would get the ball. Alysha Romax came over to pick up the ball, but she strained to reach down and get it. Then she ran a few yards and threw the ball.

Then she collapsed to the turf.

Perhaps it helped that Christine had just gotten up off the turf, or maybe it was from this angle, but no one had hit Romax. She had gone down on her own, and in the split seconds after Christine figured out what had happened, she hadn’t seen Romax twitch. Panic mode set in, and Christine ran over to the fallen midfielder, all the while waving her arms at the referee and yelling at the top of her lungs.

“Medical timeout! Medical timeout!” she yelled. “She collapsed! She collapsed!”

Luckily, one of the linesmen was close at hand and blew the shrill whistle to stop play. The players at the other end stopped what they were doing, confused about what was going on. Ehlers was holding the ball, and looked to the sideline to see if a foul had been called.

Christine knelt down next to Romax, and she could tell that the veteran wasn’t breathing. Instincts kicked in, and Christine pushed her hands down on Romax’s chest. She pushed once, and then a second time when Grace Organa came over to help her. “Get the defib,” Christine said. The defibrillator device was always at hand in the stadium; it was mandated by team management to have one at all times.

Romax still wasn’t breathing, and the crowd hushed to complete silence. You could probably hear a pin drop on the field it was so quiet through the massive stadium. All eyes were on Christine as she worked on her teammate. “Breathe, dammit!” Christine yelled at the unconscious Hapan. Her words could probably be heard from several rows up in the stands. Christine pushed down on the Hapan’s chest again, and then tried to finish the CPR job. But it wasn’t working.

A team staffer came over with the defib device, and two other medical personnel, Tama Wor, the head trainer, included, charged up the machine and then placed the device on Romax’s bare chest. “Fire one!” Wor said. He had been well-trained at hospitals in trauma rooms before joining the Senators’ medical staff, and had plenty of experience with using such a device. A shock went through Romax’s body, but it didn’t push her breathing up any. “Fire two!” the Carosite said, his tone unwavering.

“Sorry, Gamble, but you have to get clear,” one of the medical assistants said to Christine.

“I can’t leave!” Gamble said. “She’s my teammate!”

“Doctor Wor knows what he’s doing,” the assistant said. “He’ll get the job done if it can be done.”

Christine finally was pushed back into the throng of Senator players who had gathered out at the spot where Romax fell. Anya Amasova was standing in a position like she was doing a squat, her head down and her hand on the ground, touching a blade of grass lightly. Grace was trying to bury her head into Eddie Munster’s jersey as the Shistavanen half back tried to console her. The rookie had come to recognize Alysha as almost a mother figure to her with her long career and Cup title, and was taking this event harder than anyone, even Christine. Some of the Senator players from Split Squad Black had come over from the sidelines, and some of the Mariners players did as well.

“Is she going to make it?” Leia asked as she came up to Christine.

“I . . . I don’t know,” Christine replied sullenly. “She wasn’t breathing when I did CPR. Maybe I’m not good enough.”

“You did what you could,” the full forward said. “There’s no shame in that. You know Alysha would have wanted you to do that.”

Doctor Wor motioned to an assistant, and the assistant looked at Christine. “Gamble, the doctor wants to see you!” he said.

Christine came over. “Gamble, I need you to give me on hard chop to the midsection on her,” the Carosite said. “You showed me a powerful use of CPR in the first few moments, and I need you right now.”

“But doc, can’t you do it?” Christine asked. “I haven’t done CPR except in a training class a long time ago as a lifeguard at the student union pool . . .”

“I don’t need a no answer, Gamble!” Wor said angrily. “Just do it!”

Christine bent over and sent a hard whack into Romax’s midsection. It felt almost cruel to be doing this, but Christine didn’t care. “Come on, Alysha, you can do this. You’re stronger than that,” she muttered to herself.

It felt weird to be here, under the eyes of all the spectators. No doubt the commercial HoloNet channels had long since gone to break by now to cover up the stoppage of play, but those viewers were spared the expense of seeing their player lying unconscious on the field, being worked on feverishly to try and save her life. It was a hard scene to imagine, and even harder to have to live through.

Then, under her hand, she could feel Alysha’s chest rise a slight bit. Then the midfielder sent out a weak cough, followed by a splutter or two. A bit of spittle landed right in Christine’s face, and she wiped it off.

“She’s alive!” Wor said. Everyone clamored around, much to the chagrin of the med tech who was trying to keep order. “She’s barely breathing, though, so call the ambulance.”

It took a while for the scene to clear, but when Alysha was placed into the med capsule and then the ambulance, there was a uniform round of applause from the stands. The fans, although they may have still held a slight grudge against Romax for her outburst after the 275 playoff disaster, didn’t like seeing one of their players collapse on the field. The word was that she was alive, and that was good news for everyone. The applause continued through the time the ambulance left the field, and then continued for a few moments afterwards. Romax couldn’t hear them, as she was still unconscious, but the fans wanted to appreciate her tenacity.

The ref came over to Christine, the Mariners captain in tow. “Gamble, do you want to continue this game?” he asked.

“No,” Christine said. “It’s a friendly, after all. I say we call it.”

“Then it’s settled,” the ref said. “We’re calling the game,” he said to the Mariner captain. “Your team has won the game.”

Christine shook the other captain’s hand. “Good game by your team out there,” she said to the Mon Calamari man.

“Yours didn’t do so badly either,” the man commented. “But I think your actions for your teammate spoke more volumes than what either of our teams did on the field. I look forward to a chance to play your team again someday, hopefully when we can play to the final whistle.”

“Maybe someday we’ll find out,” Christine said. She walked to the handshake line, going through the usual tradition even though she didn’t really feel like she wanted to. Alysha’s horrific injury was still firmly-rooted in her mind, but at least the Hapan midfielder was still alive because of Christine’s actions.

As the captain left the field, the PA announcer got on the comm. “Ladies and gentlebeings, please honor our very own Christine Gamble, for her efforts in saving the life of a teammate.”

The applause was enormous, and Christine waved to the crowd. She didn’t feel special; after all, she would have wanted someone to do that for her had it been her who had collapsed with no pulse. The fans whom she sometimes demonized for not being loyal enough to the team were showing their support, and it meant a lot to the corner back.

Once back in the sanctum of the locker room, Christine went over to Grace, who had her head down. “You going to be OK, rook?” Christine asked.

“I’ll be fine,” Grace said. She looked up at Christine. “Is she going to be alright?”

“I think so,” Christine replied.

“Thank you,” the rookie said. “Thank you.”

When Christine sat down in her locker stall, she had a lot of things going through her mind. Her team had shown some moxie on defense, and there had been progress made since training camp. But Alysha was firmly on her mind; was the midfielder going to pull through? And was Grace ready to take on the role of being the starter now that Alysha was out, her career probably over? That would put a lot of pressure on the rookie, and now Christine’s job was going to get harder since the Senator midfielders would be very inexperienced. Their most-experienced player might be George Wulson, who was listed on the Thyferra roster; he had a few LFL seasons under his belt, but only one in the ELL. Duncan Gabbert and Maddy Swann both had one ELL season each, and Grace was a rookie, so the midfield corps now went from having a complete rock in Alysha Romax to now having none of that. That would pressure the defense quite a bit, and Christine knew it would be a challenge.

The next day, Christine and a few others went to the local hospital to check on their fallen teammate. Alysha was awake and functioning; the doctors had performed necessary surgery to replace a malfunctioning valve in Alysha’s heart. Everything should be fine, the head surgeon said, but they advised that Alysha call it a career. After all, she had played ever since 267, the longest-tenured player in the Elite League with the retirement of Alana Glencross. Now the end of her career was being decided for her, and it was hard to have to break that to Alysha as she lay in her hospital bed.

“The docs say your career is over,” Christine said.

Alysha moved her head down. “Figures,” she said.

“But you had a good run,” Christine said. “You can’t feel too disappointed.”

“No, I can’t,” Alysha said. “I played all those seasons, was teammates with some all-time greats, and won a title. Even got All-Pro last year; just didn’t get an All-Star selection. That’s what I was hoping for most this season.”

“We’ll miss you out there,” Christine said, moving her hand down towards Alysha. The Hapan took it, though her grip was feeble at best.

“Thanks for saving my life. Without you, the doctors said I could have died out there on the field,” she said.

“It’s nothing, really. I would have expected you to do the same for me,” Christine said. “That’s what you get for playing on a pro team; we have to look out for each other.”

“Yep,” was all Alysha said as she let her head go back to rest on the pillow.

The Senator season was already looking more challenging, but there was nothing Christine could do about it but play her best ball and hope that this was the Senators’ year. The deck was stacked against them, since they were still young and building, and they were going to a new conference, but there was no way to go but forward and hope for the best.

TAG: No One

OOC: The music is my little tribute to James Horner, an amazing score composer who died last month. I've been meaning to use his music for a few weeks now, but I hadn't found a good fit until now.

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

Undrafted free agents sign with teams
    Nevan (Shistavanen, Male, Half Back, Citadel University of Anaxes) signs with Coruscant
    Kenjama "Ken" Stashi (Human, Male, Half Back, University of Euceron) signs with Coruscant
    Leb Dameron (Human, Male, Goalkeeper, Technical Institute of Jakku) signs with Coruscant
    Orsaka (Trandoshan, Female, Half Back, College of Deredith & Millicent) signs with Coruscant
    Niall Bourdogny (Human, Male, Midfielder, University of Bakura, Telaan Valley) signs with Bakura
    Eli Rooth (CF) signs free agent contract with Starkillers
    Coruscant Senators sign disgraced former Hapes GM Adanna Inviere to management contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed
    Senators GM Briar Thorne: "She [Inviere] may have screwed up, but she still has plenty of talent in the tank. We will make very sure that her prior transgressions will never happen again"
    HSN Analyst: "This is an interesting move by the Senators. Inviere may be a bit of a reclamation project, but the Senators love to take second chances on beings. Look at what happened last year to Sunlua Zan and Keli Sen. Both enjoyed plenty of success last year after being question marks coming into the season. So we'll see if Inviere can turn it around this year with her old employers"
    Inviere: "I am excited to be back with the Senators. They gave me my first big break in management, and I appreciate their willingness to look past my bad decision at the Draft and instead focus on my whole body of work"
    Senators midfielder Alysha Romax in stable condition after successful surgery to repair heart valve. Romax collapsed during friendly game at Senators Stadium
    HSN Analyst: "The loss of Romax is going to put a lot of pressure on the young Senator midfielders. Their mettle will really be tested this season"
    Christine Gamble, who is credited with helping save the life of Romax on the field as a first responder, will be honored on the field before the Week Two home game against Kashyyyk for her deed. Also honored will be Senator Head Trainer Tama Wor and his medical staff for following "proper medical protocol on and off the field", according to Senators front office staff
    New Miners draftees meet media as a group after arriving on Bakura for training camp
    Saiada Clarette: “Playing for the Miners is my dream. I completely did not expect this. I thought I’d be off the board by the time they had a pick and I thought they were going to choose a midfielder, not a forward. I’m thrilled”
    Nathan Red: “I know whose place I’m taking in this lineup. I understand much is expected from me. Those are expectations that I intend to surpass.”
    Red on his appearance: “I’m not talking about my nose. Period. My hair...I choose to shave my head. It’s the look I prefer.”
    Er’gaia: “I never expected an ELL career. This is amazing. I’ll do whatever I can to help this team win, even if that’s play 2 minutes a game.”
    Sloan on Bourdogny signing: “A Helmsman nominee midfielder sitting there? Why wouldn’t we get him on an entry-level contract and see how he does?”
    On why the Miners didn't draft Bourdogny: “We weren’t going to load up on two, especially not with draft contracts for both”
    Bourdogny: “I’m extremely pleased to be a Miner, especially with a starting midfield spot open”
    Miners say that Red and Bourdogny will compete in training camp to start

TAG: jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun

16. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    O’phaz, Carratos
    Prologue/ Routine Visit

“Why is it always cold in here?” I ask in an empty white room sitting on an exam table. I have been in this room before and many like it since I was a kid. I have a special condition that used to be checked up on every month or so, now in its advanced state it’s every week. My doctor enters wearing a white coat and business casual. Acha Yiisong always looks so composed, even as a medical student working at the teaching hospital I was first brought to when my condition presented itself. She’s been a part of my medical team since the beginning and, since earlier this year my primary care physician.

“How we feeling today bro,” I look her in the eye as she takes a seat in one of those repulser chairs they always seem to have hanging out in doctor’s offices. Acha is around ten years older than me making her a few years shy of forty and beautiful. She seems more refined and elegant now, even though I know she works herself too hard. I even had a crush on her when I was younger.

“Good sis, I did my normal morning workout with no issues.” We kinda fell into the habit of just calling each other bro and sis, she told me to think of her as my big sister. Being an only child I sort of latched on to the idea of having a big sis and just started calling her that. The attending physicians weren’t amused but, it helped me get through some of the scarier parts of having my condition.

“And you haven’t had any attacks since your one last week?”

“No, though my legs did get a bit wobbly before coming in here.” By attacks she means losing all muscle control and feeling in my legs. It was truly terrifying the first time it happened. The thing with these attacks they don’t subside I need immediate bacta treatment to get full use of my legs again. What I have, I’m not sure of the name any more, is a degenerative nerve condition. The nerves in my legs are disappearing. Bacta has kept the damage manageable and I’ve been able to live my life normally for now.

“Need some time in a bacta tank?” She asks putting a hand on my knee. I can feel her warmth, though dimly.

“Probably best,” I reply. A few moments later I’m staring out at another white room from behind transparasteel and bacta. This was one of the more terrifying things as a child. Acha would always stand on the other side smiling and giving me thumbs up to calm my young nerves. Fully an adult she doesn’t do that anymore, I can see her filling out charts and making calls. I’ve spent more time in bacta tanks than most people and I find them rather relaxing the liquid muffles sounds and when I close my eyes real tight it’s like I’m in another world, a quieter one. I like the quiet sometimes it allows me to think, think about important things. Like how long can I keep doing this, the attacks are coming more frequently now that means my nerves are deteriorating at a faster rate. Is this the last year I can walk? The last year I get to feel anything below my mid-thigh? The last year I get to…? A tapping at the glass breaks my train of thought. It’s Acha pointing up.

“So how do you feel?” she asks as I get out of the tank.

“Better now thanks.” I answer drying off. I put my clothes back on and return to the exam room.

“Bro, this doesn’t look good, I think your condition has progressed past the point of bacta being able to do anything more than prolong the inevitable.”

“Wasn’t that always what it was doing?”

“Our hope was that eventually someone would find a way to permanently repair your nerves, maybe the Bakurans have a way but they’re not telling anyone else.”

“To be honest I think I’m some sort of special case and that no one is looking to cure what I have.”

“Don’t say that bro,” her words are tinted with a bit of pain, “sure only about a million beings share your condition but, you’re not alone. I’ve been trying to get someone to research this to try and come up with a cure but, things are moving slowly. Since it only effects a minority of beings there isn’t much money in curing it, at least not when compared to the billions of beings other conditions effect.”

“I’m sorry sis, I’m just, just getting tired of this,” I sigh heavily, “I never know when I’ll lose my legs and I worry that one day I’ll never get them back.”

“Bro, I’d hate to tell you this but, that day is coming and sooner rather than later, unless things change.” Her voice returns to its normal caring tone. “Have you given thought to what you’re going to do afterwards?”

“Not really, and I have more immediate concerns right now.”

“Really, you have more immediate concerns other than you’re going to be paralyzed from the waist down?”

“Work is just really in the front of my mind right now especially this time of year.”

“On that note, do any of your co-workers know about your current health?”

“No, and they don’t need to know, I don’t want their pity, I don’t need it.” A fire of anger rises in my chest. I can’t stand the thought of them looking down on me.

“Are you sure keeping your pride intact is worth possibly losing your friends when this all comes out?”

“If I play my cards right no one finds out, unless you,”

“Hey, I’d lose my license if I broke patient confidentiality, and I’d never go against my patient’s wishes, though I’m going to advise strongly against this course of action. It’s better that they find out from you rather than someone else.” I lean my head back and sigh,

“I’ll think about it and get back to you next week.”

“You won’t have to wait that long.” She says smiling,

“What?”

“Starting tomorrow I’m the newest member of the Carratos Pirates medical staff.”

“What brought this on?”

“Don’t act like you hate this, I need to keep an eye on you, now more than ever, especially since your being stubborn about letting people in on your health.” There’s a long uncomfortable silence between us. “Well,” she says breaking the uneasy calm “Say something Logan.” She uses my name trying to elicit a response. I found I couldn’t say anything.

TAG: No One

Jedi Gunny, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

Sunday

While I wait for the scrimmage between the Starkillers and Lightning to start I’d like to blog about how try-outs went for high school. First things first a big thanks goes out to Coach who took the time to tell me about his experiences playing high school ball. Coach says the freshmen team is a rite of passage for all Limmie players. Even he played on the freshman squad for his high school. He suggested I take a starting spot on the freshmen team over a reserve spot on the JV team if I’m offered one because what I need is playing time. All the coaches will get out to see the freshmen team play over the course of the season to evaluate the players for next year’s teams. After talking to coach I didn’t feel so bad that the Varsity Coach never did come see any of us freshmen perform drills, play scrimmages or participate in skill contests.

Another thing Coach suggested is that I share a better picture with you my readers. He said I should be smiling and that I should not be wearing my glasses. Coach says appearance is everything. The family had a rare evening out before Coach and the team left for Ylesia. My mom, Coach, my sister Louise and I had dinner and spent the evening just hanging out downtown. Here’s a shot Coach took for me to share:

[​IMG]

Coach had to leave before try-outs wrapped up so he doesn’t know this yet, but I got the starting position at midfield for the freshmen team. When we were shown our lockers for the season the JV team had left junior sized bolo balls and baby bottles in them. We found the hazing amusing, I think every one of us is excited to be playing Limmie this season. There were a lot of kids that tried out. Some of them were cut on the second day. Even working out with pros didn’t fully prepare me for the hard work I had to put in to earn the starting spot on this freshmen squad. Every kid and their second cousin wants to play Limmie. Now that I’ve earned the spot I have to prove I deserve it. I want to win every game we play this season. I want good stats, a record level of steals, assists and goals scored. Or at very least to earn a starting spot on the JV team by next season.

Knowing that coach is in my corner makes me want the Starkillers to win more than ever today. I know it’s just a scrimmage and I know that this trip is more of a team bonding experience than anything else. I also know that this is Coach’s make or break season and I want him to succeed. He’s done so much for my family since we lost my father. He works so hard with the players on our squad. I just know he can win.

I just turned on the holo mostly we are just seeing washed up players in suits break down the teams. They are showing the players during warm-ups before and after commercial breaks. That is my favorite part. I see the excited look in Ty’s eyes. I see determination on my brother’s face. Wrehase looks eager to play and I don’t think The Emperor himself could wipe that smile of Sureysh’s face. The only person on the Starkillers team who isn’t showing any emotion is Kaat Stun. For whatever reason Kaat never wants anyone to think she is anything but angry at the Galaxy. It makes her unstoppable in goal.

Finally the game is about to start. I’m joined by my mom who looks really nervous. I can tell because she’s really quiet. Usually my mom has a lot to say, but when she’s uneasy about a situation she’s all the sudden introverted. She didn’t even say hello or ask me how my day is going when she came in to take a seat. I just reminded mom that this is only a scrimmage. She replied by telling me not to write about her in this blog. Too late mom!

It’s oddly quiet in the house right now. My mom is keeping T.J. and Ezra since both their parents travelled to Ylesia with the team. Both of them along with my sister went down for a nap a bit ago. I’m a little surprised my mom didn’t wake up T.J. to watch his parents on the holo. I wonder if she’s so nervous that she forgot.

The Starkillers looked strong in that first series. Fostiir brought his man down so fast that his opponent probably never saw him coming. Allin swooped in and collected the dislodged bolo ball and quickly passed it to Hovechar. Hovechar ran up field quickly, my brother kept up with her stride for stride and when she needed a teammate to pass to he was open. Bat even got a clean pass to Wrehase, but Wrehase looked a bit nervous and his shot was slow. Penin made short work of that one.

I’m really surprised Coach is pulling the starters so soon! Our defensive players are already rotating out. I know it’s important that no one get injured in a contest that doesn’t count towards the final standings, but you would think they would benefit from a little more time on the pitch. Especially a rookie like Fostiir. It figures that the one person who actually did smile when she came off the field was Kaat. She took four cups of Gundarkade from the guy who should be me. She’s lined them up on the bench and she’s drinking them like shots of liquor…classy.

Coach Till saw the act from the corner of his eye and he’s talking to her now. This is why I hate watching the games at home. I want to be on that sideline hearing what he’s got to say to her. He’s pointing at the ground, I don’t believe this he’s making Kaat do push-ups. I would wish that Kaat pull a similar stunt next week so I could be there to witness it, but I’d much rather her be in the goal for us keeping the Patriots off the scoreboard.

The Lightning sure didn’t take long to exploit our back-up defenders. They have gone up 6 to nothing. Alyada and my brother are still in the game. Again they are driving up field. I like how they pass back and forth as they drive forward. They make it look so easy. Having that kind of rhythm with another being takes a lot of practice. I can tell my brother is a little frustrated, he wants to shoot. That’s not the in the game plan though. Wrehase needs to learn how to get open and take shots. The practice wouldn’t hurt for any of our starters. Wrehase is being double covered. Probably because he’s taken three shots on goal already. Hovechar is passing to Sureysh. Sureysh finally gets us on the board. It’s only a point, but at least we have a point.

The first half didn’t go too bad. Once Sureysh got that point on the board the offense loosened up. I’m not going to lie it took him more tries than I would have liked but Wrehase finally scored a goal. Dunerider showed her worth by scoring three and Frokabukk added one. So we put 8 points on the board. Our starting defenders were pulled early, but the back-ups got their act together and we are only down by four. T.J. and Ezra are up from their naps now. My little sister is still sleeping though. T.J. was really mad we didn’t wake him to see his daddy play. So mad that he threw a plate of food that my mom offered him as a snack right back at her. It made a mess all over the living room and my mom was livid. He’s lucky my mom has good reflexes if he had hit her he’d be in even more trouble. For now he’s allowed to watch the game so he can see his parents on holo, but as soon as it’s over he’s going to pay the price. Or at least I hope. I know I never got away with anything like that.

It’s nice to see Lucie back on the dance squad. I know it wasn’t easy for her to miss out last season. Justyne being absent this season is going to take some getting used to. The team really misses her today because the Ylesia dance squad and our dance squad are doing a dance off of sorts as half time entertainment. The crowd is giving all the love to their home team. It’s really not fair, but mom says it is good publicity for our squad either way.

I have no idea why Coach Jul brought Billy Bob on this trip. He couldn’t get a bolo ball in the net if you doubled its size. Every one of his shots is wide left. My mom says he needs contacts. She’s gone as far as to contact Coach Hitts on Tatooine about the issue. She could have a point, I can’t see across a small room without my contacts in. No matter really the Lightning have pulled away and it looks like this match is over.

It’s disappointing that we didn’t try harder to win in the second half. The fact that we only scored once was hard to watch. The fact that Soker scored it is a good sign though. We will need her points coming off the bench this season. I have to trust it was part of Coach Till and Coach Jul’s strategy. Like I said when I started this post this trip to Ylesia was meant to be a bonding experience for the team, nothing more. Coach has been telling me and mom that all week. I think he was trying to prepare us.

Oh spare me! My mom is going to make me watch more holos sent in by fans for the Show Your Pride Contest. You would think that after that submission sent in by those guys twerking in their underwear while my sisters were dancing on their holo in the background would have been enough for my mom to call this contest. Guys if you’re reading this, that was disgusting! You obviously knew that holo wasn’t going to win you tickets. In fact we should ban you from the stadium for life. That’s what I would do if it were up to me.

To everyone else: you can stop dressing your children in Stakiller jerseys and having them do cute acts. It’s been done. A million times. Think of something more unique. I’m going to tell mom I need to work out for the team now. Or maybe I should tell her I have reading to catch up on. Anything would be better than this.

TAG Rebecca_Daniels

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • ELL announces incorrect processing of Orsaka's contract: Trandoshan signs with Ralltiir, not Coruscant in "honest mistake"
    • Starkillers sign Padme McKenz (GK) as undrafted free agent
    • Nar Shaddaa officially hires Autumn Graves as defensive coordinator. Statement from the team, "Autumn played a short time with the Smugglers but made a profound impression on the front office enroute to assisting the Smugglers in winning the Cup in 278. We are pleased to have her on board as part of our coaching staff and she is excited to be working with Mylessa McCloud again"
    • Team statement on Kelly Telaam being assigned to the Smugglers as the ELL referee Crew Chief: "We don't know much about Kelly Telaam except that she's untested at Six Boroughs. We hope that the league is merely seeking to ensure fair play for all and we ask that Kelly keep a close eye on the Rangers during the 281 season opener. There were some questionable calls last year during the Conference Final match up in which the Rangers won by 8 points. Then and now we ask that the officiating crew under Kelly Telaam's guidance be fair and objective in their on the field rulings."
    • Training Camp update: "Maverick" and "Iceman" seen shirtless punching one another after a friendly game of Limmie. New goalkeeper Charlie Blackwood seemed to be the catalyst for the fight as both men have been vying for her attention. When pressed for an answer on the fight, Mylessa McCloud shrugged the sparring off and said, "Tempers and temperatures flare in our indoor practice arena. These guys just want to compete. There's no story here. You can go about your business"
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn, jcgoble3, Runjedirun and 2 others like this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, on a hot and muggy and I just want to go swimming, Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Limmie season is almost here, so excited."

"It is, it is, and we'll be breaking down the story lines of the off season as well as giving our regular season previews and predictions sure to go wrong throughout the week."

"A lot happened this off season..."

"We had more realignment."

"That made no sense, no sense to me at all."

"Not a fan of realignment?"

"Well, in general no, I'm still pissed that they moved the Mercs and that team from Nal Hutta's moon to the Skywalker..."

"You have to let it go man."

"But now moving the Senators over too? Complete tomfoolery from the league office on that one."

"At least it got the Rangers out of the Skywalker..."

"Yeah, and all that does is please the Smugglers!"

"You must be riled up, you said their name."

"I am riled up! The league made a move meant to placate our biggest rival."

"Well, I'm not sure that was why..."

"Then why? We've never gotten an answer as to why those teams switched sots, it madness, madness I tell you!"

"Well at this point I wouldn't be expecting one..."

"Yeah no kidding. Going to be a tough haul for the Mercs to make the playoffs this season..."

"Senators are good, made the playoffs last season and look to be an up and coming team. The Pats are the Pats but lets face it Nar Shaddaa made some puzzling moves those offseason, starting with their draft..."

"Oh and those draft day trades."

"Yeah they look like they might have an off year. The C-Bucs made some major changes in the way they play ball..."

"We could fill a whole week's worth of shows just talking about that."

"...but that's no guarantee of success. It will be a lot for that team to handle and could prove a major distraction throughout the season."

"It might just serve to bring them all together though."

"It might, it might. Just look at the problems the 277 Mercs squad went though and look how far they went."

"Pirates also had a tough season last year after their first trip to the playoffs the season before."

"That's another team to watch out for. I think they rebound nicely and get back to the playoffs this season."

"Well we'll save our official predictions sure to go wrong for later in the show, but I think you might be right. Now over in the Solo conference..."

"Monarchs had a great off season, and have become the league's new Evil Empire."

"They look really, really good."

"There is really no point in talking about anyone else over there."

"What? Really?"

"Even if they start off poorly, they know they can come back and make the playoffs, and given the improvements to the team look for them to get back and not only defend their Galactic Cup in the title game, but they're going to win it too."

"You think so?"

"Book it."

"Well since you have it all figured out, why play the games? Just coronate them now!"

"Fine, you want me to say anything can happen? That I might be wrong?"

"Yes."

"Well, OK, I guess that's true, but I'm not wrong. barring injury or some other unpredictable setback, the Monarchs will be Champions again this season."

"See, you're already backtracking!"

"How am I? I just said they will win, and they will!"

"You said barring injuries..."

"They are a bog part of this game and can..."

"Before that though you said, and i quote, Book it! You're already qualifying your outrageous prediction."

"Hey, I am going to stand by my prediction no matter what, and at the end of the season i'll be accepting your apology."

"We'll see, we'll see..."

"So what did you think of the Mercs not playing their traditional friendly against the Crusaders this off season?"

"Trying to change the subject?"

"E-yup."

"OK, fine. I'm not a fan of the move honestly, I liked watching them play an actual game instead of the series of organized scrimmages they played instead. You?"

"I agree, I liked watching a game, it was good practice for everyone and not just the players and coaches. You would have refs, stadium employees, and everyone else that the friendly worked as a giant dress rehearsal..."

"Yeah, exactly. I don't get why..."

"I do think the players themselves may have gotten more out of it this way though."

"Really?"

"Well in a friendly is great at simulating an entire game, but that game may not be what the team needs to practice most. With the scrimages the Mercs were able to work on what they felt they needed to and spend more time on set defensive plays."

"Yeah, they need to improve that defense from last season or we have no shot, no shot at all this season."

"To be honest, with what I saw out there and with what other teams have done around the league, it's going to take a miracle for this team to have playoff success this season."

"Here's hoping you're wrong."

"No, here's hoping for a miracle."

TAG: No one. Good luck to all player teams in the 281 season. May the Mercs beat you all. :p

[​IMG]

Trieste, Jedi Gunny, Vehn and 2 others like this.
  20. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    OOC: For those of you who have followed my Rosty Bassell storyline that has been ongoing in some form since the 273 Final, this post is the first scene of the final act. I will be wrapping up the story of the Bassells for good near the end of this season. So sit back and hold on, because this is going to be one hell of a ride.

Time: Three days after the Draft

Most days, Tendra was a morning person. She would pop out of bed while most people's alarms hadn't even gone off yet and be instantly ready to attack the day. Most days, Tendra had the energy of a rambunctious nine-year-old. Most days during the season, she was miffed that the team couldn't get practice started until 0900 or later. Most days, she despised night games. If Lokensgaard was fired and Tendra was hired as his replacement, most days she would happily create a schedule where every game started at 0700 in the morning local time.

Today was not one of those days.

The fly perched on the wall of Tendra's living room couldn't read clocks, but if it could it would note that the clock on the wall read 1045. It did, however, note the motionless mass of flesh on the couch, and possessed just enough intelligence to know that it was unusual for that mass to not be up and moving around. Curious, the fly left its perch and buzzed down for a closer look. As it flew around the room, it examined the mass from multiple angles, and couldn't tell if it was even still alive. So the fly gently touched down on the small triangle of flesh in the center of the mass's face, and that was the end of its life.

Tendra stirred as she felt something touch her nose, and instinctively swatted at it. She was rewarded with an unusual taste as whatever it was fell into her open mouth, and all at once she popped up and tried to spit it out. On the third try, a dead fly was ejected from her mouth, and Tendra stared at it in disgust for two seconds before she bolted for the kitchenette and searched the conservator for something, anything, to wash that nasty mess out of her mouth. Within five seconds she was chugging muja juice straight from the carton.

Satisfied but still disgusted, Tendra returned to the couch, but this time sitting up, figuring that she should do something other than sleep the day away. She flipped on the holo, but turned it back off after flipping through a few channels. Everybody was debating the picking of men at the draft, and she wasn't in the mood to hear about it at that moment. Suddenly, she just wanted to hear from one person, one specific person who meant the galaxy to her.

As if on cue, she heard a buzzing sound. She looked over and saw her red comlink, the one that she had sewed into a pocket on her game shorts in violation of Elite League rules, vibrating, and pounced on it. Hitting the answer button, she fairly screamed “Hello?!”

A male voice on the other end yelled back, “You're a karking piece of poodoo, and your momma is a frakking bantha brain!”

Tendra grinned and shot back, “You're the frakking bantha brain 'cause that's your kriffing mother too!”

“Tendra!”

Tendra was elated and relieved to hear that voice for the first time in nearly two years. “How are you doing, Jado?”

Tendra's younger brother let out an audible sigh. “Honestly? I'm very stressed out. I've been walking a tightrope all day every day since my capture. But I don't have time for small talk and catching up here. I've got a lot of information to get out and a short window in which to do so before I'm caught. I need you to record a message for the Jedi Council for me. Can you do that?

“Hang on, I'll be right back.” Tendra ran over to a drawer and opened it, pulling out a recording rod. She then returned to the couch. “Okay, I've got a recording rod. Give me a cue to start it.”

“The first thing I'm going to do is identify myself. After that I want you to confirm, then let me talk without interruption. Got it?”

“Got it, bro.”

“OK, start it.”

Tendra pressed a button. “You're on.”

“Hello Masters, this is Padawan Jado Nalo.”

“And this is Jado's sister, Tendra, confirming his identity as verified by passphrases and voice recognition.”

“A lot has happened since the day I was captured, so I'm going to try to quickly summarize. Rosty's main goal the whole time we've been chasing him has been to capture a Padawan and train him as a Sith apprentice. First he targeted Zay, then me. Well, he's succeeded, somewhat. He now claims the title of Sith Lord, though some of his underlings privately scoff at that, and he claims that I am his apprentice. Rosty's also integrated me into his terrorist organization, and trusts me enough that I now report directly to him, on par with his brother Rondy, and have a lot of autonomy. Before you all go ballistic, I haven't actually done anything that would be wrong. I've been able to resist training in dark side skills by various techniques, mostly by claiming incompetence. And he hasn't actually initiated a terrorist attack since I've arrived here; he's apparently satisfied with having an 'apprentice'.

“His fortress is still in the Unknown Regions, and in fact he thinks you're so stupid that he's actually still on the same planet, just on the opposite side of the planet. My access codes in the computer give me full control over everything in the fortress, so if I know when you're going to attack, I can disable all defenses and let you slip in quietly. A small strike team of no more than about five to six people would be far better than the massive assault force we had last time. I can't contact you directly, nor you me, without being discovered, but we can pass information through Tendra by way of our private, secret connection to each other. Hopefully, I'll be able to contact her more often going forward. I'm out of time, so until we see each other in the flesh, may the Force be with you.

“End recording.”

Tendra hit the stop button, and Jado continued. “I can't talk any longer or I'll be caught. Bye, sis.”

“Bye, Jado. Be safe for me, okay?”

“I'll try. Gotta go now.” The connection was cut.

Tendra picked up her regular comlink and started to input the code for the Jedi Temple on Ossus. Then she thought twice, and realized that the message was too sensitive to trust to wireless long-distance communication. Instead, she rushed to her bedroom, and returned five minutes later fully dressed and ready for a trip. Within fifteen minutes, she was at the spaceport buying a ticket on the first flight to Ossus. She was going to deliver the message by hand.

TAG: Nobody

21. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Vesper Lynd
    Monarchs Stadium, Ryell, Rydonni Prime
    A couple of weeks before the Draft

It was almost lunch time and Vesper was cleaning up her desks in preparation to leave for a two week long vacation on Bakura. As she packed away her last set of documents, her office door flew open and Romo Crowley marched in, with her assistant hot on his heels, “Mr. Crowley to see you, Ms. Lynd.”

“Yes Lib, I can see that.”

Sheepishly Libby bowed her head, “I’m sorry ma’am. I told him you weren’t seeing anyone and he just barged past me…”

Vesper put up her hand to stop Lib, “It’s alright. I have a few minutes before my transport is arriving to pick me up.”

Lib bowed her head as she slowly exited the office and closed the doors behind her. “So Mr. Crowley, what was so important that you needed to upset my assistant to come and talk to me about it?”

“Well,” he started, “since you don’t want to talk about your contract, how about we talk about mine?”

Vesper furrowed her brow at this, “I’m not following. Your contract doesn’t expire for at least another five years.”

Romo stood up and straightened his ever present sunglasses, “That’s my coaching contract. I’m talking about my other responsibilities.”

“Really Romo?” she responded with exasperation in her voice, “I’m trying to clear my inbox so I can take my family on vacation to Bakura with my new favorite wine goblet.” Everyone on the team got a turn with the Galactic Cup. Vesper was using her time to be the first member of the Noble House not named Trieste in the past decade to bring it back to Bakura. “Can’t this wait until I get back?”

“You, madam owner, might be on vacation, but the rest of us in the back office have a lot of work to do between now and the draft.”

“In that case, I will get out of your way and let you do your work.” Vesper gathered up her things and started for the door.

“That doesn’t answer my question.”

Vesper let out an audible, “What do you want to hear, Romo?”

“I need to know in what capacity I will be preparing things during the offseason: as the Head Coach or the General Manager?”

“I feel like there’s a catch with either of those options.”

Romo removed his glasses and started to clean them, “Well, if I’m only the Head Coach then I would like to be part of the GM hiring process. But, if I’m going to be the GM, I would like to make recommendations for my replacement as Head Coach.”

Vesper tilted her head slightly as a curious thought crept up on her, “And what if you were to continue in both capacities?”

“If that is the case, then we definitely need to discuss my salary.”

“Is that what this is all about? More credits?”

“No… it’s about more support. During the offseason I can focus on my GM duties because I have Solo running the team as my Assistant Coach, but I don’t have someone to assist in the front office when I am focusing on my Coaching duties during the season.”

“I thought Helios was the Assistant GM.” Vesper kept looking at her watch. If they didn’t wrap this conversation up soon, she was going to miss her shuttle.

“Nope. We can thank our new Minister of Finance, Setarcos, for that one. Hris is the General Manager of the Red Wings, no connection to the Monarchs except for them to being our developmental affiliate, he is completely autonomous. I need someone who will work directly with me, preferably someone with a background in accounting and contract negotiation.”

“I assume you already have a choice in mind.” Vesper knew Romo better than most thought she did.

A sly grin spread across his face, “Of course I do.”

“Then hire them. Nicholas will work out the contractual kinks once we come back after the draft.”

“Safe journey.”

TAG: Trieste

22. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Grande Villa, Rydonni Prime
    Captain C

It has been a long few months under coach Arezzo. She wasn’t near as flexible as coach Copin, demanding strict adherence to her game plan, and to her training regimen. Anyone who disagreed sat out, no one was immune. Boutros, Rhodri and I all sat out the first day for going off book. Also we held training camp in O’pahz this year instead of Chofin. She believed, possibly rightly, that we didn’t need any more distractions during hard training, and believe me it was hard. It seemed like she was trying to find our breaking points, to push us as hard as she could without breaking us. This was really tough on the rookies. Opechan especially was caught off-guard. The conditioning was extreme, even for ELL teams, it must be quite challenging for fresh college players. Due to her strict style and harsh punishments some of the younger players began to call her ‘Iron’ Arezzo. Never around Rime of course but, he eventually found out and was upset. Unfortunately for him the name stuck.

The newbies were learning about the ELL, and the team, like how tough practices are, and you never play Sabacc against Leigh. The half forward always cleans up at that game, and if they had been playing with real money the rookies would have lost their shirts, or whatever Tiv is wears. Leigh could have a future as a professional Sabacc player after this, or as some sort of celebrity player on one of those, celebrities play X type of shows the holo-net likes to make. Either way it has been rough few months on the new players, and the old. That is all in the past now, we survived and now we play the defending champs on their home turf.

I look to the Half-Bothan rookie, Tiv Harkara, despite the daunting task and the small possibility she would play she still had a smile on her face that never seemed to leave. She nudges Gor, who is sitting next to her and nods her head vigorously. It was an odd habit she had, like she is trying to cheer you up but, you have no idea what she’s trying to say. Opechan is sitting next to me staring at the floor. At the start of training camp the starting full forward position was up for grabs, in fact with a new coach, all positions were open. The rookie from I&J tried his hardest but, was no match for me. Having the starters fight for their positions led to some interesting outcomes. One Vayan is riding the bench this game, Nara is taking his place. Two, at the back line it’s Samia, Bel, and Brian, they had worked well together against Denon last season and proved themselves in training camp. The half lines remained the same, as they should. I personally think that our half forwards and half backs are probably our best squads, changing them could lead to disaster.

I tighten up my cleats and rub my legs to make sure I can still feel them. It was difficult to get treatments while in training camp but having Acha on the medical staff made things easier. We’ve had some close calls but, I still don’t want anyone to know especially with Iron Arezzo in charge. I fear she may find my condition a liability and replace me with either Tian or Opechan, despite the large difference in our skills. If there’s one thing I don’t want this thing to take away just yet it’s playing Limmie. Sis made it very clear that if I do paly this year it will be my last. It works out perfectly, this year is also the last on my contract with the Pirates, and in fact a majority of the team will have to renegotiate their contracts at the end of this season. I’m pretty sure most of them will stick around. I mean we’re almost like family.

I find a spot on the far wall in front of me and focus on it. I imagine how the game is going to go the new more stable attack plan has me trying to break through the middle with Rime and Nara sweeping in from the sides. It is a solid plan but, it lacks the energy of the ‘All-In’ and the out and out craziness of some of coach Copin’s other schemes. Maybe that’s a good thing but, it’s way less fun now knowing what we’re going to do. Another problem with this plan is it focuses on goals rather than bar points. I would love nothing more than scoring a hat trick against the reigning champions, let’s be realistic, with Ozzy and now Leed as a backup goaltender I doubt we can get anything past them. Our only hope is to slay them with bar points, we need to use the bombard strategy coach Copin had cooked up against Bakura last season but, I don’t think anyone could convince coach Arezzo to use one of his plans.

“Team,” Rime says breaking my concentration, he’s standing next to his wife looking out over us. “As you know with my wife taking over as head coach her responsibilities have increased, leaving less time for either of us to look after our son Pej.” He pauses to look and coach, “With that said I’ve decided to give up being team captain.” An audible gasp escapes someone’s mouth. I’m surprised as well I never thought Rime would stop being our captain. Instantly all eyes fall on Rhodri, he is the most experienced and the most respected member behind Rime, he’s the obvious choice for successor. “The added responsibility of being player and team captain would put an undue strain on my family, and I want to be there for my son, I hope you all can understand my decision.”

“Family comes first,” Rhodri says nodding his head. The room nods in agreement.

“Good now since we never got around to naming assistant captains the choice is left up to me and coach Arezzo,” He pauses again, and coach Arezzo steps forward,

“We’ve decided, that going forward,” the waiting is becoming unbearable, “the new team captain will be,” get on with it, “Logan Manx.”

“Wait, me” I say pointing at myself, the two Devaronians nod their horned heads. The room remains silent as Rime hands me the C I’ll be wearing this game until it can be put on my jersey. “Are you sure guys?” I ask looking around the room. Mikia begins to clap, Sylvanus and Marky join in, and soon everyone except Rhodri is applauding. I give a weak smile trying to hide my nervousness. “Well if you guys say so, I guess I’m team captain.” A few cheers break out as I affix the C to my jersey. This makes things interesting.

TAG: CPL_Macja

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Hapes Consortium Buccaneers announce that all draft picks have been signed and that following several call-ups from Gallinore, final roster for 281 is released
    • C-Bucs' 281 roster notably includes multiple men, including three in starting roles; complete roster available on team HoloNet site
    • Head coach Leota Avoy: "Internally, we feel that the time is right for integrating men into the team. While the roster is still dominated by females, I expect that the ratio of men to women will even out over time."
    • Leota also confirms rumors that she has been named interim general manager: "I spoke with the Queen Mother, and we agreed that there was not sufficient time prior to the season to conduct a full search. Given that, and the fact that I already served as the substitute general manager at the Draft, it made the most sense to name me interim GM and postpone the search for a permanent replacement to next offseason."
    • Leota on aftermath of fight at Draft: "I thought firing Adanna was a bit excessive, but I'm sure the Queen Mother had her reasons. As for Fridway, I have given her two weeks of unpaid leave, and informed her that there will be stricter consequences should her actions be repeated. I hope that will resolve the issue."
    • Miners confirm that Nathan Red has earned a starting position with Jolla Pic at midfield
    • Valerii: "We have full confidence in Red and Niall [Bourdogny]. We're going to ride the hot hand"
    • Miners announced that Niskat Deenever is the new captain, succeeding Glencross
    • In a team vote, Nelly Wizmark named assistant captain
    • Lizbit Comstock on vote: "Nelly's got so much experience. We respect her so much. She's not always the most vocal locker room leader, but when she talks, we all listen"
    TAG: jcgoble3

Runjedirun likes this.
  24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Season Preview! Brought to You By Garrumpy Katt Enterprises, LLC.

Bakura Miners:

Strengths: The Miners run on points scored and they return five of last year's front six. The fact that they added top-ranked forward Clarette bodes well for continued success as Valerii continues to keep the power offense relevant in the ELL.

Weaknesses: Last season the Miners defense had hot and cold streaks. Comstock came up big in the middle of the season to bail them out, but the Miners playing two rookies at their corner back positions showed at times, including a do-or-die Truce Day. Vast improvement at corner back is required.

Overall Team Outlook: The Miners were the last team out in 280 and 13 starters from that team return. Their decade-long reliance on the Draft means that just under half their roster are still on entry-level deals. Their average age is 27. The team must find new on field leadership, regardless of who eventually wears the C this season. In 281, the Miners will either show that they won't miss a beat without Glencross or they'll begin rebuilding in the face of a new reality.

Projected Record: 5-6

Impact Player: The big question mark for the Miners is what a non-Glencross midfield will look like. For a decade and a half she was the one constant. Jolla Pic was a relevation and deserves her starting position, but her ability to lead and bring up Nathan Red, as Glencross did with her, is a big unknown. Red, a Helmsman-level midfielder, obviously fills big shoes. Given how much Valerii's teams pivot on the midfield, he will be asked to do a lot right out of the gate for Bakura.

Carratos Pirates:

Strengths: Defense. It was middling last season, better than their league last offense, and with a former defensive coordinator now as head coach look for it to be the saving grace of the team

Weaknesses: Offense. The best defense in the galaxy can’t make up for a weak offense. For the second year in young team’s history they held the bottom of the scoring tables; maybe a consistent game plan will help.

Overall Team Outlook: Uncertain. With a new coach, maybe things will improve but, with their spotty draft history and their wishy washy offense it is unknown just how they will stack up this new season.

Projected Record: 4-7

Impact Player: Bel Kruhn, the now sophomore full back became an anchor for the Pirates. He and Kala Rakshiss were often the last line of defense in the back half of the last season. Look for him to be a strong presence in the Pirates back field.

Chandrila Patriots:

Strengths: This is a very experienced bunch. Their core stars have played together for a long time, and they know how to win, evidenced by the 274 Galactic Cup victory. Avano Koobis returns as their vocal and team leader for yet another season, and Reina Kether is no slouch as GM.

Weaknesses: Last season’s offense very nearly sank the Patriots, ranking tenth in the league. They need to score a lot more points this season to take the pressure off their defense.

Outlook: The Skywalker Conference just got harder with the addition of Coruscant, so we expect the race for the three postseason spots to be fierce this season. If the Patriot offense can come around, they should be a contender in the conference. If not, they’ll probably be going home early.

Key Player: Keline Socken. The Pat’s longtime goaltender led a stellar effort last season by the Patriot defense, and she anchors them in the Back Six. Her success is crucial to a team used to riding her to victory.

Coruscant Senators:

Strengths: Personnel. The Senators have worked to bring in all kinds of special talent to their roster, players that can make things happen. Their offense, cobbled together through trades, second-tier free agents and draft picks, ran roughshod over the league during a five-game stretch last season. If Briar Thorne’s plan is successful, we’re looking at a very deep team in a few years’ time.

Weaknesses: Inexperience. This is still a very young Senators team, evidenced by the sheer number of rookies they fielded last season. They got things together during their playoff run, but before that they were struggling. Until they can gain more experience, this team isn’t built to battle with the upper echelon teams in the league yet.

Outlook: The Senators won’t do as well as they did last season, but they won’t be completely out of things. They seem to have found stable leadership, and counting the Senators out is like a death warrant.

Key Player: Maddy Swann. The second-year midfielder is now expected to take over the #1 job from Alysha Romax, the All-Pro veteran who collapsed during a friendly match this offseason and whose career seems to be over. Swann will have to take it on herself to lead a very young midfield corps where no player has more than one season of Elite League ball to their credit.

Denon Demons:

Strengths: The Demon defensive unit is a strong one, with hardy players who punish opposing teams.a Sugnok Umanh is a ferocious defender who literally goes for opponents’ heads when he makes plays. He’s a scary player to face, but a great one to watch.

Weaknesses: Inconsistency has always sank the Demons. They get off to a hot start, and then they fade. This has cost them in the past, including last season, and they can’t allow it to continue.

Outlook: We’re going to guess that they can’t fix their inconsistency issues in just one year. They’ll likely miss the playoffs this year, but can build for the future.

Key Player: Umanh. He is the best defender on this team by a long shot, and he provides them a key cog to work around on defense.

Hapes Consortium Buccaneers:

Strengths: Finally adding male players to the team opens up a wealth of new possibilities for the C-Bucs. Although it will be a hard season getting everything to gel, the fact that they opened up the team is a win in itself.

Weaknesses: This team doesn’t have a lot of proven talent to work on outside of captain Wai Lin and rising star Tendra Nalo. It’s going to be difficult to build this team with a lot of castoffs from other teams and rookies.

Outlook: While the C-Bucs, with some careful planning, should be contenders in a few years’ time, right now they’re going to take their lumps as men get involved for the first time. It’s going to be a long season if the veterans can’t get off to hot starts and carry this team.

Projected Record: 2-9

Key Player: Nalo. She was an All-Star for them last season, and should continue her rise towards stardom this year. She’ll have to learn about being a team’s top option on offense, and the defensive coverages that come with that might confuse her. That will test her mettle.

Kashyyyk Rangers:

Strengths: This is a good team. They have size, speed, and experience. They’re going to be hungry coming off a tough loss in the Cup Final, and you never want to upset a Wookiee. Or a team full of them.

Weaknesses: Despite their obvious species advantages, both of their units ranked in the middle of the pack this past season. They can be burned by speedier teams who don’t rely on brute strength to win, like Rydonni Prime did to great effect in the Cup Final. Dealing with speed will be the Rangers’ test for this season.

Outlook: A move to the Solo Conference should improve the Rangers’ standing since the teams there play very differently than they do in the Skywalker. Look for the Rangers to be a major threat to the Monarchs once the season reaches its final few weeks, using their size and durability to their advantage.

Projected Record: 7-4

Key Player: Krad. The captain of the Rangers is a wily veteran who knows how to get under players’ skin and force them to make mistakes. Then he capitalizes on them. He is an annoying player to face, but like Umanh for Denon, is very effective.

Mando’ade Mercs:

Strengths: The Mercs barely missed out on the postseason last year, but that doesn’t mean they were a bad team. They had the second-best offense in the league, and they didn’t skip a beat without Jeem Daryc carrying them. Fu Arock has now developed into a major scoring threat, and Ariva Kendal is coming around into the solid forward we always thought she could be. So don’t sleep on their offense, or the Mercs will burn you.

Weaknesses: Inconsistency. Although the Mercs have a solid team, they can’t quite keep all of their players happy or consistent despite recent successes. Issues with contract demands by old players forced the Mercs to be in the unenviable position of good team stuck between reloading and rebuilding this offseason, and as such they had to unload some good players to keep things in order. That, plus the lack of a true leader in the clubhouse, can sink them next season.

Outlook: This team has the potential to be very good, but can also slip up at the wrong time. Add in the conference realignment, and the Mercs might be on the outside looking in as other teams such as Carratos and Coruscant retool and shoot for their shot in the sun. However, we wouldn’t be surprised if they win seven games this season; a lot of it depends on if they can find team cohesion they lacked at the end of last season.

Key Player: Argo Mor’kesh. The grizzled veteran midfielder directs traffic for the Mercs, but isn’t getting any younger. He’ll be a key piece for the Mercs going forward, but if they find themselves floundering, will his name come out as trade bait next offseason?

Nar Shaddaa Smugglers:

Strengths: Offense. This is a veteran unit that has brought on some major talent in the last few years. Look to see them put up a lot of points.

Weaknesses: Goalkeeper. The Smugglers traded away one of the best goalies in the league to their respected foes on Rydonni Prime. What were they thinking? Also, the addition of 'Iceman' and 'Maverick' two collegiate rivals fighting for reps on the offense has the makings of all the drama that news reporters love to exaggerate about.

Outlook: We’re probably looking at a deep playoff push. Mylessa McCloud knows what she is doing. We only hope the Smugglers can get over the hump and defeat the Kashyyyk Rangers in Week One to set the tone.

Projected Record: 6-5

Impact Player: Zelena Wiles. This 278 draftee is ready to step up and make a play. Not to mention she hits hard, really hard.

Ralltiir Starkillers:

Strengths: Defense. Kaat Stun returns in goal, longtime captain Ty Allin returns to prove he deserves his big time contract, and rookie Leonaard Fostiir the hometown boy everyone loves is now a key piece going forwards.

Weaknesses: Midfield. Who will be supporting Hovechar? The team admits she's hard to pair.

Outlook: Can two coaches work together towards one goal?

Projected Record: 6-5

Impact Player: Hovechar. The team put her on the trading block, didn't get a single offer and now they decided to field her. Will she be out for revenge? Or could she feel snubbed and care less?

Rydonni Prime Monarchs:

Strengths: Pretty much everything. The Monarchs return most of a very deep team that is strong from 1-15. Adding in some solid pieces via trade this offseason just makes them even more lethal.

Weaknesses: Contract situations. Although some Monarch players buy in to the team philosophy and take minimum money, sacrificing wealth for cohesion, not all players are so keen or willing to follow that. Many could find much more lucrative offers elsewhere and rock the boat. Coming off a title win, the Monarchs need to hope they can keep their players in-house and not lose them on big contracts to other teams in the coming years. Also, as hunters for so long, can they contend with being the hunted team?

Outlook: This team is probably better than last year’s, so we don’t expect anything less from them. It’s a title or bust this season, especially since the rest of the Conference is questionable at best right now as a whole.

Projected Record: 9-2

Key Player: Aley Helios. She just inked a massive deal to stay with Rydonni Prime, and she’s committed to the team. The defense runs through her, and should continue to stay that way.

Ylesia Lightning:

Strengths: Momentum. The Lightning got to their first Conference Championship game in seven years last season, and rumors that they were going to blow up the ship have been shelved for now. Under-the-sensors personnel moves have kept this team going, and we think Mirik Chal, the GM, never gets enough credit for what she does. Only in the Elite League can a team like this do so well but be repeatedly ignored by the mainstream media.

Weaknesses: Inconsistency. We’re not sure if last season was an aberration, or if it’s a sign of better times for Lightning fans. Kasin Urdaaza had a rough time last year, and we’re wondering if she and Zoa Vra have seen their best days go by them.

Outlook: The Lightning probably will be in contention for a playoff spot this season, but most likely aren’t serious contenders for the title.

Key Player: Vra. The longtime Lightning captain needs to have a strong season for the Lightning to go anywhere. If she struggles, the team will likely sink to the bottom, because they rely heavily on her.

HSN Projected Season:

Skywalker:

Nar Shaddaa
    Chandrila
    Mando'ade
    Coruscant
    Carratos
    Hapes

Solo:

Rydonni Prime
    Ralltiir
    Kashyyyk
    Ylesia
    Bakura
    Denon

Skywalker:

Mando'ade over Chandrila

Solo:

Ralltiir over Kashyyyk (finally breaking a playoff losing streak)

Nar Shaddaa over Mando'ade
    Rydonni Prime over Ralltiir

Rydonni Prime over Nar Shaddaa for 281 Cup title

TAGS to Everyone: Trieste, Vehn, CPL_Macja, Bardan_Jusik, Runjedirun, jcgoble3, Rebecca_Daniels, galactic-vagabond422

Runjedirun, Vehn, Trieste and 4 others like this.
  25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub-GM POST/IC Rosa Ruth

Rosa had been preparing for this moment since the day she went back to work, the day her baby started primary school. When she started she was in over her head, but Rosa was a quick study. She soon knew just as much about the sport of Limmie as the beings who grew up playing the game. Her role changed from providing supplementary income to sole bread winner. At the end of last season the announcement that Marius Turnell was retiring to spend more time with his wife and kids had come. Rosa’s husband and been a cheater, she had left long ago and her kids were all grown up now. It was about time Rosa stopped working behind the scenes, she decided to put her own name in the running for the next commissioner of the Limmie Futures League.

She made short work of her competition and this afternoon Rosa was arriving, fashionably late, to a press conference full of anxious reporters to announce the details of the 281 Limmie Futures League Season.

[​IMG]

“Good afternoon,” Rosa began. “Sorry to have kept you waiting,” she lied. “Let me begin by saying I am honored to have been chosen as the commissioner of the Limmie Futures League. I know everyone is excited about the Elite League and that it is probably hard to hear me over all the breaking news stories coming out of the planets where those teams play as opening day approaches.” Rosa paused and waited for laughter, polite laughter, no, nothing. Reporters made for a horrible audience.

“Well if you do have an interest in the Elite League you should invest an interest in the Futures League. The Futures League is where Elite League hopefuls fight to be noticed and picked up by their parent club. The Futures League is where your favorite Elite League affiliate turns when they are scrambling to fill a roster slot left by an injured player mid season. Most importantly the Futures League is a competitive showcase of the Galaxy’s most popular game.

“The competition continues in 281. I am excited to announce that all 6 teams that competed in last season’s Limmie Futures League will be returning this season. In addition I’d like to welcome back the Nar Shadda Smuggler’s affiliate the Drunkenwell Marksmen to the The Limmie Futures League,” Rosa paused as a buzz filled the room. “And introduce for the first time The Atzerri Bandits an affiliate of the Carratos Pirates.” Another murmur of excitement spread as reporters furiously jotted notes into their data pads.

“With the addition of these two teams the Limmie Futures League will once again break into two conferences. The Stensky Conference consisting of the Gallinore Firedrakes, Druckenwell Marksmen, Eriadu Thunder and the Atzerri Bandits and the Grames Conference consisting of the Thyferra Force, Byblos Red Wings, Tatooine Sandskimmers and Concorida Crusaders. The teams will play a 9 week schedule beginning play the second week of the ELL regular season. All teams will play each other one time during the first seven weeks of play and the final two weeks will solely consist of conference games. A full schedule will be released later this afternoon.

“The current play-off format will remain intact. I look forward to an exciting season and wish all our teams the best of luck,” Rosa allowed herself to smile as she stepped away from the podium and made her way off the stage.

Week 1
    Gallinore Firedrakes @ Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Thyferra Force
    Atzerri Bandits @ Byblos Red Wings
    Concordia Crusaders @ Eriadu Thunder

Week 2
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Gallinore Firedrakes
    Eriadu Thunder @ Byblos Red Wings
    Concordia Crusaders @ Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Thyferra Force @ Atzerri Bandits

Week 3
    Eriadu Thunder @ Druckenwell Marksmen
    Concordia Crusaders @ Thyferra Force
    Byblos Red Wings @ Gallinore Firedrakes
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Atzerri Bandits

Week 4
    Gallinore Firedrakes @ Eriadu Thunder
    Byblos Red Wings @ Druckenwell Marksmen
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Thyferra Force
    Atzerri Bandits @ Concordia Crusaders

Week 5
    Atzerri Bandits @ Druckenwell Marksmen
    Byblos Red Wings @ Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Gallinore Firedrakes concordia Crusaders
    Eriadu Thunder @ Thyferra Force

Week 6
    Thyferra Force @ Byblos Red Wings
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Concordia Crusaders
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Eriadu Thunder
    Atzerri Bandits @ Gallinore Firedrakes

Week 7
    Concordia Crusaders @ Byblos Red Wings
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Eriadu Thunder @ Atzerri Bandits
    Thyferra Force @ Gallinore Firedrakes

Week 8
    Thyferra Force @ Concordia Crusaders
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Byblos Red Wings
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Eriadu Thunder
    Gallinore Firedrakes @ Atzerri Bandits

Week 9
    Atzerri Bandits @ Eriadu Thunder
    Gallinor Firedrakes @ Druckenwell Marksmen
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Concordia Crusaders
    Byblos Redwings @ Thyferra Force

HSN LFL Headlines

Nar Shaddaa and Druckenwell once again resume their mutual partnership with the cessation of hostilities between Druckenwell and Roon. Once more the Druckenwell Marksmen will serve as a development team for their bigger cousin on the Smugglers Moon.

The Carratos Pirates are proud to announce their own addition to the Limmie Futures League, the Atzerri Bandits.

Tags: jcgoble3 Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny galactic-vagabond422 Rebecca_Daniels Vehn CPL_Macja

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.